Start by marking “What I Learned Under the Sun: How My Girls Were Held Hostage by the Family Courts and How My Faith in God Helped Me Get Them Back” as Want to Read:

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating details ·  9 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
What I Learned Under the Sun is about how you can be overwhelmed with blessings on top of blessings, but if you turn from God in your life, your marriage, anywhere, you make wrong decisions in life and disasters follow. A journey of love sanctified by the Holy Spirit can still turn to deception, adultery, evil, and wickedness beyond comprehension. But if you turn back to y
Paperback, First, 290 pages
Published June 28th 2011 by One Breath Away (first published June 25th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about What I Learned Under the Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What I Learned Under the Sun

Oct 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
I won this book thru Library Thing and was so amazed by it. The book is a quick read and is about Kyle and his life. He went thru some pretty rough times along which God was there & still is for him. It was awesome reading about all the good things that the author went thru. The passages about his ex wife made my gut wrench, but Kyle delivers it with grace. I am so looking foreword to his second book and hope I will get the opportunity to read it.
Patricia
Jan 18, 2011 rated it liked it
WHAT I LEARNED UNDER THE SUN takes you on a roller coaster ride with the author. After leading the reader through his very interesting start in life, things for Kyle start going downhill. Only by faith, does he get through the terrible Family Court system. What a story he has to tell!! If you are going through or have been through a divorce and child custody battle, you may want to pick this book up!!
Karielle
Jan 21, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: blog
Kyle L. Coon presents an incredibly touching and simply unbelievable memoir in What I Learned Under the Sun. In exquisite precision and detail, he describes the things he has done -- and hasn't done -- in his lifetime, and in the end, shows the reader how blessed he is to have a life under the sun that he has grown to love through thick and thin, warts and all.

Beginning from his early adulthood, Coon displays the young and carefree innocence exhibited within himself. Living in sin with his then-
Michelle
I read this book fairly quickly. There were some great things about this memoir that I found compelling, and some things that needed major editing. If it had been edited better I could have ranked it higher. The best part was the first half of the book before the author gets into the divorce from Marlene. At that point the book takes on an entirely different tone. Also, the second half became pretty repetitious and some things were said numerous times. There were a lot of seemingly contradictory ...more
Dan
Jan 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an Advance Reader's Copy (ARC) of this book, and I will post a review after reading.
I thought this story was fascinating and a page-turner. I couldn't wait to find out what's going to happen next. The author's life is truly unbelievable, and I guess one of the messages I took from this book is: you have nothing unless you have God in your life. I'm looking forward to the next book, it should be amazing.
Yvonne
Nov 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Written straight from the heart, this book is down to earth, open, and honest. I laughed; I cried; I couldn't put it down. Thank you, Kyle, for an inspiring read!
Lauren

One Breath Away
978-0-9846498-0-8

Author ~ Kyle L. Coon
Profile/Bio
About the Author: he is the author of several outdoor editorials with past memberships
More about Kyle Coon...