Start by marking “Midnight Run (Midnight, #2)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Run (Midnight, #2)

Midnight Run (Midnight #2)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  3,359 Ratings  ·  182 Reviews
Claire Parks has been very sick, but she's fine now—just fine—and ready to paint the town red. Well, pink. On her first excursion into the wild world of dating, she nets Bud, a tall, sexy, good-looking lumberjack. She won him fair and square, her prize for not dying. But after a weekend of wild sex, she discovers he's not what she thinks he is.

Undercover police officer Lie
Trade Paperback, 244 pages
Published December 10th 2004 by Ellora's Cave (first published February 18th 2004)

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesDark Lover by J.R. WardFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia Day
Favorite Erotic Romance
2,291 books — 2,533 voters
Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardAfter the Night by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareNaked in Death by J.D. Robb
Best Romantic Suspense
1,785 books — 2,278 voters

More lists with this book...

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Another great read!

This is the second book in Lisa Marie Rice’s Midnight series and I enjoyed it as much as I did the first. A major reason for that is because the abrupt happily ever after ending I complained about in book one, Midnight Man, was followed up in this book and it was a pleasure to revisit John Huntington and Suzanne Barron.

Another thing I really enjoyed about this book was the way in which the storyline was written. It overlapped with the same plot in book one, so while in Midnigh
Shari Kay
I've liked some of this author's work in the past...but this one just didn't work for me. I skimmed. I put it down and finished another book, came back and tried again. Skimmed some more. My eyes rolled numerous times and my WTF factor hit red. Here's a few reasons why:

Untagged spoilers ahead...beware.

1.)Claire is an idiot. She gets ditched by a quasi-gf at some raunchy dance club and goes home with a stranger 'cuz she needed a ride and she just knew she was safe with him. Uh huh. Riiiight. She'
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Sheer brilliance. I'm blown away that these books were written over 10 years ago first of all and I'm just now enjoying them. Lisa has taken everything I thought I knew about the alpha male persona and shook it up and added hot sauce. Like holy heck are these heroes utter male perfection. Caveman marking to primal claiming all in the best modern day romance way. Hooked I tell you.. So glad I'm on a cruise because I do not want to stop reading this authors hot.. Safe and sexy as hell stories.
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️
Sep 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ by: KindleRomance Reviews
I am fast becoming a LMR fan!! Midnight Run is a fabulous addition to the Midnight series. Lt. Tyler "Bud" Morrison is another yummy intense, aggressive ALPHA!! These Midnight Men know what they want and they get it!!!

Claire is a 25 yr old virgin who is determined to live a normal life after being ill for most of her childhood and adult life....enter Bud. Bud comes to her aid at a club, takes her home, and BAM!! Instant and intense fireworks, she wants him and he wants her...frequently!! Gotta s
Written April 11, 2013

4,5 Steamy Stars to this, by love, surprised alpha male and his newly awakened sweetheart.

Another hot and funny suspense romance in the sexy L.M. Rice - Midnight series. Again, I knew after just a few pages this was going to be as fun to read as the first book Midnight Man. Reading a Midnight-book by Lisa Marie Rice will give you a pretty quickly done read, a lot of laugh and giggle, a light hearted love story and some suspense.

...And of course always a smoking hot, rock-h
Dec 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
This was a pretty quick read as well, the sex scenes were hot. I felt like i got to know the characters better in this book, despite the short length of it. I liked Bud, he was definitely a caveman, but I found his loss at what to say and do sometimes funny and endearing. And i understood how Claire felt, being sick for so long and people treating her like a china doll. She had enough and wasn't going to take anymore, although she could of just said so. It's wasn't like Bud was going to burst in ...more
Feb 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Dina by: MelissaB
This is only my 2nd book by LMR and its safe to say, its not going to be my last. :)

I really liked Bud, the hero in this book, but I had some problems with Claire, the heroine. I just couldnt buy her reason for breaking up with him. Her life was in danger, he did everything he could to protect her life, and she was less than thankfull!?! Okay, hed been acting in an overbearing way before, but did she have to choose the only time he was right to put a stop to it? Anyway, she made up for it in the
Dec 01, 2015 rated it liked it

Midnight Run es el segundo libro de la serie Midnight de Lisa Marie Rice y narra la historia de Claire y Bud, personajes secundarios en el primer libro.
Este segundo libro me gusto ligeramente mas que el anterior, quizas porque los protagonistas consiguieron caerme mejor que Suzanne y John.
La historia de Claire y Bud es bastante predecible e incluso un poco cliche pero no puedo mentir y decir que no disfrute leyendo el libro, no sera la lectura de tu vida pero es rapida, sencilla, entretenida y m
Mindy Lou's Book Reviews
Good, but not as good as the first in the series. You've got another very strong alpha personality but due to the direction this story went, I didn't get to enjoy as much as I did in the first book. You got a glimpse of the couple from the first book which just made me love John even more and we got a glimpse of the couple who will be in the 3rd book. He was described as extremely dangerous looking, which gives me high hopes for the third book.
Lu Bielefeld **
A história se passa ao mesmo tempo que a do Midnight Man. A heroína é muito interessante, ela se recuperou de uma doença grave e está iniciando a viver com independência. Nosso herói é um macho alfa típico da autora e que é arrebatado pelos encantos da heroína instantaneamente. Muitas cenas quentes entre o casal e como sempre a segurança da mocinha é ameaçada. Recomendo!
Fani *loves angst*
Awilk -never sleeps-
This was like reading two books in one.

The first half was an extended sex scene. Bud was a man with a huge sex drive, and meeting Claire at a night club ended up changing his world. She was the perfect woman, and every instinct Bud has was screaming MINE very quickly. Not knowing Claire's background, or who she was, made no difference. Bud was having her, and that was that.

They went home together, and spent the weekend behaving like rabbits in heat.

The second half of the story was a great suspen
Oh wow! I loved this one so much!

I was expecting the hot sex, was happily rewarded, but was really surprised by the great characters. The heroine, in particular, has got to be one of my favorites. She's spent so much of her life ill, that no one really knows her at all, nor has she been able to do anything she wants to do. The hero is a wonderful, hot homicide detective stud, with an amazing libido. What more can you say?

Actually, there is more to say, because this has a great plot, great settin
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Another great 5 star read for me.

Claire Schuyler Parks has spent her growing up years very ill.

Now she is well, she is eager to come out from under the over protectiveness of her father. On her first attempt to take a walk on the wild side, she meets undercover police officer Lieutenant Tyler "Bud" Morrison, and it is lust at first sight!

Bud tries to withstand what he is feeling for Claire, as he does not do "sweet and innocent" but he fails.

Nope, he was going to drive pretty little Miss Schuyl
Jonel Boyko
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was a great escape from reality. It was hard hitting and real at times and fun and flirty at others. Rice’s intimate and visual descriptions keep you deeply entrenched in the story. And the story itself was extremely well put together. By flipping from hot and racy scenes to suspense to relationship problems Rice keeps you on your toes and I loved every second of it.

The female lead in this tale was absolutely priceless. The male was an over the top alpha that you’ve just got to love.
Shannon C.
Dec 16, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: suspense-mystery
I just finished the first two books in this erotic romantic suspense series: Midnight Man & Midnight Run. I thought it was interesting how the author arcs the story across the books. The H/h in book 1 are friends w/the H/h in book 2. As you'd expect with Ellorah's Cave, there are a lot of steamy scenes but these actually had a pretty good story too. However I felt both books ended abruptly.

If you are looking for more romantic suspense books, here are others I enjoyed. Top favs are marked wi
Mar 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romatntica-Suspense Fans
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Auntee
I enjoyed this romantica-suspense. It was fast paced, very steamy, and wonderfully romantic (sigh) with two neat characters. A very easy book to read and hard to put down. I ordered the rest by this author. ;-)
Jun 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: z2011-reads
I can't help myself. I have a soft spot for Lisa Marie Rice and her Over Alpha heroes. I don't even mind her drippy heroines too much.

By rights, when I do a clearly objective inventory of stuff that I enjoy or works for me in a book, every single thing about this book should be in the 'No' column. I mean if you told me that this book features a plot where H/h meet in a bar, the heroine (who is a virgin) takes the guy home and they begin having Super Sexy Sex all weekend, are in love and engaged
I'll skip the synopsis details, plenty here already.

Short review:

I really enjoyed this book, but the h (Claire) kinda got on my nerves, because she could have easily resolved her issue with H (Bud) just by TALKING to him about what was bothering her. Even with little to no relationship experience as an adult, I would expect her to be able to say something!

I love how the author has this sequel running at the same time as book 1, just from a different perspective. Very creative, and she pulled it
Oct 24, 2012 rated it liked it
This book was very promising when I first started reading it and I was really enjoying it.

And then after a weekend of the couple meeting, fucking and talking only a little bit, all of sudden they are exchanging I love you's and proposing marriage. I mean, are you fucking kidding me with this shit?

And then it shows the couple from the last book, who have been together for 15 days and they are already married. OH HELL NO!

This book just irritated me. I'm so disappointed. I almost didn't finish r
Jun 09, 2013 rated it did not like it
I stopped reading at page 194. The negligible plot kept dragging on and on. There was little literary content as the vast majority of the book was made up of sex scenes. I got tired of it. It annoyed me that once Bud found out about Claire's past illness he suddenly started treating her differently. I was also miffed that they got engaged so quickly. They spent a weekend together and suddenly they are sole mates. Don't think so.
Oct 27, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: lisa-marie-rice
Seemed a little rushed and it felt like huge parts of the story were missing. Might have been a five star read otherwise.
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
TRAMA: Claire Parks, dopo lunghi anni di malattia, è finalmente guarita e sente di avere una missione: vivere alla grande e sperimentare tutto ciò che fino a questo momento si è persa. Per esempio, abbracciare il lato spericolato della vita e fare sesso sfrenato. Alla sua prima uscita incontra il supersexy Bud e decide che dovrà averlo nel suo letto. Tyler “Bud” Morrison, un ufficiale di polizia sotto copertura, è immediatamente attratto da una donna così bella e affascinante, e così fuori posto ...more
me ha gustado mas que el otro que leí de esta autora. Pero como en los dos libros pasan un montón de cosas en muy poco tiempo.
aquí la primera mitad del libro es todo sexo y la segunda la acción.
Nov 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lisa-marie-rice
Lieutenant Tyler "Bud" Morrison is scoping out a seedy club when he sets eyes on Claire. She looks like a princess and she's completely out of her element in the wild danceclub. When she's abandoned by her friend and accosted by leering male revelers, he swoops in and plays the gallant knight to her fair damsel and takes her home. Expecting to give her a handshake and a nice-knowing-ya on her doorstep, he's stunned to hear her invite him inside......for coffee.

Claire Parks is free of the leukem
Jane Stewart
Tough cop meets delicate princess. A little too much pondering, not enough action and events.

Bud is a homicide police lieutenant. Claire is a single child from a wealthy family. For years she battled leukemia but survived. She was kidnapped for ransom but was rescued. She has been sheltered and living under armed guards for some years. She recently moved into her own little house, got a new job and wants to start experiencing life. She goes to a nightclub with a coworker and meets Bu
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it

You can see the following review also here:

That was hot!! After reading the first book of this series, I wanted to keep reading. So it was a surprise for me that the second story was about a couple that we’ve read in the first book about.

This is the story of Bud Morrison and Claire Parks. He is a detective and she’s a young woman who wants to feel free. They meet in a place that both of them dislike and soon they realize that they are meant for eac
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cvl, contemporaneo
May 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lisa-marie-rice
HO LEEEE CRAP. The first 1/2 of this book was hot, bangin', ALPHA sex. Goodness gracious, Bud! I thought John in Midnight Man was a hot i was wrong. I liked Claire- the girl knew what she wanted and didn't shy away from it and kept going after it! Good for her.
Goodreads Librari...: Please add/combine the Audible edition 2 10 Nov 04, 2013 08:02AM
  • On Thin Ice (Ice, #6)
  • Edge of Midnight (McClouds & Friends #4)
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Pursuit
  • Wild Encounter
  • Against the Wall
  • Don't Call Her Angel
  • Deceiving the Protector (Resurrection, #2)
  • Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)
  • Broken (Rafferty, #2)
  • Flash Point  (Holding Out For a Hero, #3)
  • The Seduction of Samantha Kincade (Dangerous Men, #1)
Lisa Marie Rice is eternally 30 years old and will never age. She is tall and willowy and beautiful. Men drop at her feet like ripe pears. She has won every major book prize in the world. She is a black belt with advanced degrees in archaeology, nuclear physics, and Tibetan literature. She is a concert pianist. Did I mention her Nobel Prize? Of course, Lisa Marie Rice is a virtual woman and exists ...more
More about Lisa Marie Rice...

Midnight (3 books)
  • Midnight Man (Midnight, #1)
  • Midnight Angel (Midnight, #3)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
“The rest of what she wanted to say was lost in his mouth. A red mist rose in his head. Fast as lightning, he picked her up, stripped her, pulled off his sweatshirt, pushed his sweat pants down—he deliberately hadn’t put on underwear, either—and embedded his c#ck in her. Just shoved it in because he’d die if he didn’t have his c#ck in her now.” 3 likes
“With any other man, Claire would have been a little afraid, his expression was so fierce and dangerous-looking. She wasn’t frightened. This was Bud. He would never hurt her. “Why are you asking?”
Bud shifted his hips, pushing forward, moving even more deeply into her. “I want you to be comfortable,” he whispered, “because this is the position you’re going to be in for a long, long while.” His gaze held hers. “I’m going to f#ck you all night.”