Start by marking “The Morganville Vampires, Volume 3 (The Morganville Vampires, #5-6)” as Want to Read:
The Morganville Vampires, Volume 3 (The Morganville Vampires, #5-6)

The Morganville Vampires, Volume 3

(The Morganville Vampires #5-6)

With the arrival of the evil master vampire Bishop, the small college town of Morganville, Texas, has dissolved into chaos. Now together in one volume, the fifth and sixth books of the Morganville Vampires series show that defeating Bishop is a task that's going to take some serious skill....

LORD OF MISRULE
In Morganville, violent black clouds promise a storm of devastating
Paperback, Omnibus Edition, 446 pages
Published March 1st 2011 by New American Library (first published March 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Morganville Vampires, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Morganville Vampires, Volume 3

Start your review of The Morganville Vampires, Volume 3 (The Morganville Vampires, #5-6)
Whitney
Warning! Spoilers ahead!

Let me start off by saying that this book (well two books) was full of surprises. I actually had to reread a few paragraphs because I was like, "...What in the hell just happened here?" I love a book full of surprises. :D It keeps me reading. I need to be interesting in a book within the first couple of chapters. Boi this had me, I tell yur. /end southern slang.

What I like most about this, is when Shane and Claire finally had s-s-sex. OH MY GOD, IT'S SUCH A DIRTY WORD
Marybeth (Manhattan Reader)
Dec 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own, favorites
What can I say that hasn't been said in the last two books I read (well, four actually). I really love the way they come together, because it feels like I'm only reading three books, when really I just finished six out of the current eleven that are out.

So to begin, in Lord of Misrule Bishop is about to turn the town upside and the town does a complete 180 in the next book. I love how much I hate Bishop. He is really just pure evil. And not to mention the craziness that goes on in these books.
Julie
Feb 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Books 6 and 7 are my favorite of the entire series (so far). So much action, I really couldn't stop reading.
Danielle
Aphelia
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
#5. "Lords of Misrule" ⭐⭐⭐
#6. "Carpe Corpus" ⭐⭐⭐⭐

~~~~Review of Series, books 1-6 (Volumes 1-3)~~~~

I love Rachel Caine's adult UF Weather Wardens series and its spin-off, Outcast Season. Her writing is snappy, thrilling fast-moving and completely compelling. So I was expecting a bad-ass lioness like WW's Joanne Baldwin, but the heroine of The Morganville Vampires, Claire Danvers, is a mouse who doesn't realize she's actually a kitten. Thankfully, by the end of book 6, she finally wises up to
Lizard And Wombat Romance Reviews
Lizard: 4⋆.
Wombat: 3⋆.
Overall: 3.5⋆.
Victoria Markunas
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Again it was an easy read, but kind of ended with a happy ending so I'm curious to see what in store for the Morganville Vampires, next. LIKE WHAT POSSIBLY SHIT SHOW COULD THEY COME UP WITH NEXT!
Mimi-loves-her-books!
Omg!
I LOVE this series. This volume was a little slow compared to the first two but I still loved it.
On to volume 4!
Sapphyria
Jun 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Synopsis from the back cover for "Lord of Misrule"

In Morganville, violent black clouds promise a storm of devastating proportions. As student Claire Danvers and her friends prepare to defend Morganville against the elements the unexpected happens: Morganville's vampires begin to vanish. Discovering why leads Claire to one last choice: swear allegiance to the evil master vampire Bishop- or die...

Synopsis from the back cover for Carpe Corpus

An underground resistance is brewing, and in order to
Patrícia
The Morganville Vampires, Volume 3 RATING: 3 stars, almost 3.5 except I was really annoyed in some parts.

This book (which is actually two books, "Lord of Misrule" and "Carpe Corpus") neatly wraps up the current story 'arc' in the Morganville vampire series.In book 4 (or if you want to be technical, at the end of book 3), Mr. Bishop, Amelie's vampire (and apparently real as well) father appeared in Morganville for reasons mostly unknown (still) and promptly started to create havoc. He dethroned
BooksAmL
Mar 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own
This Volume contains books 5-6 from the Morganville Vampire series.

"Lord of Misrule" in this book Claire has to obey Bishop or everyone she cares about dies. Vampires start walking during daylight, some of them die, and they can't find an explanation for it. Now Claire doesn't know in who to trust because everyone is turning against her. *spoilers alert* When Claire follows Myrnin with Michael to go save Amelie well it turns out it was a trap by Myrnin for Bishop to get to Claire and capture
Sam
Nov 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Carpe Corpus

The best vampire series around, Morganville Vampires is far from cliché. One thing I love about this series is that Rachel Caine is NOT afraid to hurt her characters (in the first book, Claire is pushed down some stairs). Although this series is probably in my top 10, I rarely just sit down and read through more than one of them at a time. That stops now, I hope
Anyways, this book was just as great, if not better, then all its predecessors. I was a bit disappointed that Claire was
Nikki
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vamps
Okay, so now we start with books 5 and 6.

Lord of Misrule - Bishop has arrived and I'm ready for him to leave. As I'm sure the residents of Morganville are as well. Not a bad read, moves at a good enough pace to keep you interested. I'm still not connecting with Claire, but for the most part the rest of the main characters are pretty awesome.

Carpe Corpus - So, Eve, Shane, Michael and Claire are not living in the same house at the moment. It gets a little interesting that Claire's family has moved
Kristen
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lord of Misrule - 3 stars - This installment of the Morganville Vampire series is action packed, full of total chaos, dark, and crazy. It left readers with more questions then answers, along with a shocking cliffhanger. The series is really heating up!

Carpe Corpus -4 stars - This installment of the Morganville Vampire series has the air of change. A lot of things happen and are explained the more you read. The series (and its ratings) as a whole resembles a roller coaster ride. The characters
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books

Love all the Morganville Vampire books. I have read them all so far. Been awhile since I read this one, but know I liked it. They get better the farther into them you get.

Check out my book blog for lots of book related stuff. I host lots of great book tours, all Paranormal , and some scifi. Check it out.

Vicky
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An AMAZING book, one that allows anyone to feel a connection to the characters. With four members of the Glass House all sharing different features and styles, this book really shows that anyone can become a family, even when surrounded by vampires that live on every street and practically own you. An excellent story, with even more excellent sequels. I strongly suggest this book to anyone who love a good teenage vamp book. I can promise you that you won't want to put the book down, it's that ...more
Cyndi
Jul 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Nice! I like the finale of Bishop's story. Man - Ms. Caine throws you for a loop with the characters! I couldn't keep things straight! Is Myrnin good? bad? Is Oliver a traitor? Is he biding his time? I swore Jason was an evil guy...who would have thought? And Frank Collins...one character surprise after another. The only one who stayed true was Monica. haha

Can I say, I loved that Shane and Claire finally *ahem*. Those two have gone through so much...it was nice to see them take that next step.
R.
Nov 04, 2010 rated it liked it
Meli
Jan 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Bishop is in town and making a whole mess out of Morganville. If the humans thought that having Amelie in charge was bad, then they are in for a world of pain as Bishop takes over the small town. Claire is under his power, her friends are either locked up or against her. This two book volume will keep you on the edge of your seat and you will not put it down until the final chapter and its dramatic conclusion. Cannot wait to finish the next book.
Siobhan
Oct 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ah, Morganville. Probably one of the best young adult vampire series out there.

Dont get me wrong, it isnt perfect. There are many things I disliked about this series, yet when I compare it to other books in this category it ranks rather high. Throughout the series, we have a continuous story and individual book stories to keep you engaged, without things growing repetitive.

If youre into young adult vampire stories then I suggest you give this series a go.
Cece
Apr 14, 2014 rated it liked it
SPOILER ALERT!

okei before people start to freak out, i only gave it three stars because of the war.. and shane not being a part of it.. i hate that!

oh and sam dying.. why did he? oliver should of died! not sam..
OH.. and shanes father a vamp now? juicy!!!
and clair and shane had DAH DAH DAH! finally!
Faith Lowery
Mar 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book is awesome. Everytime I think I have predicted what is coming the plot twists and turns. Rachel Caine doesn't disappoint in this double thriller. There is some romance worked in here, but it doesn't take over the storyline, and makes it a logical - and believable story. I can't say I'd like to live in Morganville... but they have an incredible story to tell.
Julaine Mercil
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love the story line, it is not just for young adult but for adults as well! Rachel Caine has really brought this story to life, even though there are 15 books in the series (I am now on book 8) it has yet to get old or felt like it was dragging on. I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys fantasy and vampire books! My daughter has recently begun reading the series with me as well :)
Razan
Mar 24, 2015 added it
Even though I really liked the ending of Carpe Corpus, I didn't like Volume 3 in general. I felt like the events stretched to an unbearable length. It got annoying and quite boring...nonetheless less, I'm still curious to find out what'll happen to Claire, Shane, Eve and Michael. But imma take a break from the series for now :)
Stephanie
Sep 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Not much to say that I haven't said about this series. It's really good if I was a little younger i would love it even more. I find it hard (but not impossible) to relate to characters that are so much younger than me. I like that when there isn't anything important to the main story there are still other layers of story to keep you interested.
Ivy
Oct 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I just love Shane....Still not a Michael fan and Eve is getting on my nerves. Way to go Claire, our girl has grown so much since the Monica beating....Now if only your parents would think so too. This series rocks....starting the 4th vol tonight. :-( then I have to wait for the next vol. or by the books separately.
Jessica
I just started reading this 3rd volume to The Morganville Vampires that includes books 5 & 6 of the series. So far I have LOVED this series and this book has picked up right where the last one left off! I am loving it!!
Julian Gonzalez
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Volume 3 is my favorite Morganville volume so far! These two books (Lord of Misrule & Carpe Corpus) were excellent. Intense action, crazy surprises, death to the bad guys and sadly even one really good guy...I hope the next two books are as good if not even better! :D
Melody
Aug 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
With "Morganville Vampire" series being one of the longest book series I've read. It seems to be taking me forever to read, that's not to say I haven't enjoyed reading them. And " Lord of Misrule" and " Carpe Corpus" are no exception. They're probably my two favorites of the series so far.
Megan
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fast-moving, lots of suspense, enjoyed it. I did get a little tired of the romance at times, and some of the characters could be clueless (if you think he's betraying you, he's probably not -- have we not gone over this before?), but otherwise it was good.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Vampire Academy Collection (Vampire Academy, #1-3)
  • Vampire Academy: The Ultimate Guide
  • Eclipse: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion (The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion, #3)
  • Marked / Betrayed / Chosen / Untamed / Hunted (House of Night #1-5)
  • The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide (Twilight, #4.5)
  • Vampire Kisses: The Beginning (Vampire Kisses, #1-3)
  • Vampire Academy Box Set (Vampire Academy, #1-4)
  • The Hunger Games: Official Illustrated Movie Companion
  • Marked / Betrayed / Chosen / Untamed (House of Night, #1-4)
  • The Twilight Saga Complete Collection  (Twilight, #1-4, 3.5)
  • Night World: The Ultimate Fan Guide
  • Sookie Stackhouse 7-copy Boxed Set (Sookie Stackhouse, #1-7)
  • Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn (Thirst, #3)
  • Twilight: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion
  • Twilight Director's Notebook: The Story of How We Made the Movie Based on the Novel by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Immortals Boxed Set (The Immortals, #1-3)
  • The Ripper (The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries, #4)
  • Origins (The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries, #1)

The Morganville Vampires (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)
  • Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)