Start by marking “The Six-Figure Second Income: How to Start and Grow a Successful Online Business Without Quitting Your Day Job” as Want to Read:

Proven methods for building an online income stream

You don't have to quit your current job, or already have piles of money, or be 24 years old, or riding a booming economy, in order to start a successful online business.

The Six-Figure Second Income explains how to start or grow a business even when you think you have plenty of strikes against you.

In the course of buildin
Published September 7th 2010 by Wiley (first published July 30th 2010)

Start your review of The Six-Figure Second Income: How to Start and Grow a Successful Online Business Without Quitting Your Day Job
Richard Sparks
Jan 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
It's not clear from the title, but this book is about creating information products such as e-books and selling them online. The concept is intriguing: Write about something you know well, package it as a PDF or e-book, sell it online with automatic product fulfillment. Write it once and make money from it over and over again without additional effort. Repeat the process,add more info products to your catalog, and end up with multiple moderate streams of income that combine into a river.

This boo
Preston
Jan 09, 2021 rated it liked it
Decent information but showing its age. This product could use an update at this point. I'll still try to execute some of the information from the book with modifications for being 10 years old ...more
Charles Sisson
May 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Good information, but it's pretty dated. Not up to the standard of the 4 hour work week. ...more
Eden
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Marketers and anyone interested in starting an online business
5 stars

I want you to have a deeper awareness of the astonishing opportunity for profit all around you.

The Six-Figure Second Income is the first book of its kind I have read and I am pleased that I decided to do so – the book delivers what is promises and goes deeply into detail on how one can generate a successful income by creating an information product (report, e-book...) and selling it online.

David Lindahl and Jonathan Rozek start the book by dismissing some of the usual misconceptions (or f
Magdalena
Sep 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: People who want to start a business
A very complete step by step approach to create an information product and selling it online. I like the fact that it's very detailed and it explains everything (finally! I know how google ads works!) and provides up-to-date resources on their website. If anyone is willing to start now, they only need to follow page after page. It really seems very simple to do!

I can see how someone could make profits out of these information products, but they seem to be so specific that I have to wonder at the
Joshuwa
Dec 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Great book. I seriously learned so much. It's not necessarily a step-by-step guide, but it's composed in an orderly way so that you can either takes steps toward creating your own business as you read through, or you can pick parts out of the book that you want to use right away. This book alone motivated me to start my own business. I recently invested in a product that will help me get started. As soon as I get it and make a few of my own starter products, I'll be reading through this book aga ...more
Alex Mayer
Sep 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very informative and useful for those people who are trying to sell using a website. Internet marketing is a fairly complex thing and the ideas and tips in this book really help you understand it better and provide excellent ground work to get moving with your site. If you do not have an idea of what to sell then it can be less than helpful.
Povilas Korop
Oct 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A book which striked me at the moment I needed most. Author is giving thoughts about how to start online-business of books/articles/teachings/courses or other content, and at this point I was thinking about releasing and e-book about programming. This book gave me a great deal of advice and helped me to improve my upcoming e-book, as well as its marketing.
Madison Tyler
Mar 10, 2016 rated it liked it
David Lindahl had shared ideas on earning online income with good income in a booming economy.
This book shares ideas on earning money on adding more products on catalog and earning piles of money with good motivation.I consider this an excellent Oppurtunity to start a new business with good venture.
Joseph McBee
Aug 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Very practical. It is basically a how-to checklist. It also provided a myriad of ideas for starting your own information business. I consider this an excellent read for anyone interested in getting started in this type of venture.
Michelle Moses
Apr 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finance
This book provided me with lots of marketing info. I've been racking my brain trying to come up with some info I can market, but haven't settled on anything yet. Implementing the principles in this book, do seem to be more complicated than they make it seem, but it's not rocket science, right?? :) ...more
Greg Webb
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The information on marketing your info product was worth the read, alone, but I had already colored myself impressed by this book long before I even reached that section! This will be a go-to reference down the road, for sure!
Sudhakar
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finance
No non-sense clear and action oriented book.
Luca
Nov 27, 2010 rated it liked it
Good to know how to move in the info-product world but I think it is too simply, not what I really think that kind of book should talk about. It is not enough even if it is well written
J.W. Wexford
Jan 23, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not worth the money.
Ryan Spelts
Jun 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
On my to do list
Jean Racine
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is about listening, sitting down and writing, having conversations and turning prospects into buyers. No internet magic. But...it might take you 10 years for some results to appear!!!
Shannon
Aug 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Trying to figure out how to put this into practice!
Don Snyder
Oct 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010_dtig
Great book. Lots of examples about the creation and marketing of info products. The section of 40+ examples on delivering the content (chapter 3) alone was worth the price of the book.
Dave
Andrew
Apr 28, 2012

• The 10x Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
  • How Innovation Works: Serendipity, Energy and the Saving of Time
  • Man Up: How to Cut the Bullshit and Kick Ass in Business (and in Life)
  • As a Man Thinketh
  • Wild Things: The Art of Nurturing Boys
  • The Science of Effective Communication: Improve Your Social Skills and Small Talk, Develop Charisma and Learn How to Talk to Anyone (Positive Psychology Coaching Series Book 15)
  • In the Flo: Unlock Your Hormonal Advantage and Revolutionize Your Life
  • The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
  • Hero: Being the Strong Father Your Children Need
  • House of Suns
  • The Unusual Billionaires
  • Superlife
  • Raising Capital for Real Estate: How to Attract Investors, Establish Credibility, and Fund Deals
  • Time Management (The Brian Tracy Success Library)
  • File N°2491 (Themis Files, #3.5)
  • En god beslutning