Start by marking “Black at Heart (Black CATs, #3)” as Want to Read:
Black at Heart (Black CATs, #3)

Black at Heart (Black CATs #3)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  550 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Wyatt Blackstone has done his best to mask his romantic feelings for Lily Fletcher, the brilliant but fragile young woman whose technical skills have helped him track countless violent Internet predators. But now he must fin out if the woman he loves has become a rogue agent obsessed with cold-blooded revenge…

Published (first published August 29th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Black at Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black at Heart

Mojca
On the night of Lily Fletcher's memorial service, someone dialed Wyatt Blackstone's number, a voice from the grave begging for help...

Now, seven months later, someone is offing in-the-closet pedophiles, luring them to out-of-the-way motels through known deviant websites, using very familiar names. The murder scenes are similar, the evidence of murderous rage, no usable fingerprints, no possible DNA samples, but the killer always lives a lily blossom beside the victim's body.

Wyatt Blackstone, the
jenjn79
Aug 16, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
Third and final book in Leslie Parrish's Black CATs trilogy and even though I still enjoyed it a lot, I think I'd have to say that it was my least favorite of the series. It didn't click with me quite at much as the first two. But it was still a good book.

Series note:
As mentioned above, this is the last book in a trilogy about the Black CATs, an FBI Cyber Action Team and I'd highly recommend reading the series in order. This book references a lot of past events and happenings and directly ties i
Mrs. Badass
Jul 15, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75/5
I liked Lily and I liked Wyatt throughout the series, but wasn't completely sold on their romance/HEA. The plot was pretty good, and I'm glad that Lovesprettyboys was dealt with, and the twists were interesting and a little unexpected, although not too far out from what would make someone into a child molester. I was a little irritated at the ending, it wasn't concrete, and for a trilogy I wanted a solid ending for the Cats. I guess maybe she could always add to the series. Maybe that is w
Kjen
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite installment of the Black CATs series. I didn't know if I'd love Lily and Wyatt, but I did. Lily's ordeal changed her into this amazingly strong woman who was exactly what Wyatt needed...even though Wyatt figured he never needed anyone. The case resolution was fraught with twists and turns and the resolutions were well planned and unique. Lots of characters who you love to hate balanced by those who you love to love.
Dee
Two-haiku review:

She's been in hiding
After kidnapped and tortured
He's her former boss

Glad she wasn't dead
Loved both of these characters
Great romance, suspense
♥ Vonda M. Reid ♥
kim
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like a locomotive...

This book was like a locomotive, starting slowly, then picking up speed, until it was barreling down at top speed. Hard to put down. Continues where Pitch Black leaves off. It is more about Wyatt Blackstone and Lily Fletcher, one of Wyatt's team.
Nina
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inhalt
In diesem Buch dreht sich wieder alles um Wyatt Blackstone und sein Team: Die Black CATS. Die Black CATS sind eine Sondereinheit des FBI, die Mordfälle mit Internetbezug bearbeiten und bestenfalls auch lösen. Bei einigen grausamen Hotelmorden rückt die FBI Agentin Lily Fletcher in den Kreis der Verdächtigen - doch scheint daran faul zu sein: Lily Fletcher kam etwa 7 Monate zuvor bei einem Einsatz um's Leben! Dies ist zumindest der Stand, auf dem sich ihre ehemaligen Kollegen befinden, denn
SandraE
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
There is always that couple that you look forward to seeing get together in a series. Black at Heart brings them together and it was everything you wanted.
Kathy
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Black CATs #3
An excellent ending to a great series! It's well-written… The mysteries are good, and when you get to the end and finally find out who did it, you are usually pretty shocked. There is also a thread of romance that runs throughout each buck, giving you a different pairing in each one. Definitely worth the read!

Read:
March 15-16, 2017 - Kindle Unlimited (in a set of the three books in this series)
Lena
Apr 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: band-3
Inhalt: Wyatt Blackstone ist der Leiter des CAT Teams und wird nach dem Tod seiner Kollegin Lily Fletcher aus vielerlei Gründen seelisch gequält. Nicht nur, dass er sich Vorwürfe an dem Tod der jungen Frau macht, auch ein perfider Mörder treibt sein Unwesen. Bei den Opfern des Mörders handelt es sich um pädophile Männer, die allesamt auf der Internetplattform ‘Satans Playground’ angemeldet waren. Männer, denen Lily Fletcher vor ihrem Tod auf die Schliche kommen wollte. Doch das ist nicht die ein ...more
Anorielt
Apr 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Erster Satz: Noch nie zuvor hatte Special Agent Wyatt Blackstone dem Begräbnis eines seiner Teammitglieder beiwohnen müssen.

Ich habe lange auf dieses Buch gewartet. Nicht nur, weil ich die Black Cats Reihe sehr gut finde und sie die erste Romantic Thrill Buchreihe war die ich jemals gelesen habe, sondern auch weil Wyatt und Lily von Anfang an eine gewisse Faszination bei mir ausgelöst haben. Das miteinander der beiden war voller Spannung und Distanziertheit und dennoch hat man deutlich gemerkt d
Jane Stewart
Average, ok, solid mystery with a little suspense, and a small amount of sort-of-romance.

STORY BRIEF:
Lily was a member of the FBI Cyber Action Team (CAT) whose targets were internet criminals. While doing surveillance on a sexual predator, Lily was shot, held prisoner and tortured for a week. The kidnapper made it look like she died in a car going over a bridge. Everyone thought she was dead, and a funeral was held. She managed to escape and called her boss Wyatt for help. She lived in secret in
Rosario (http://rosario.blogspot.com/)
This is the third in a series whose first two books I really liked a few years ago, about an FBI team investigating cyber-crimes. In the previous book, Lily decided decided to go all vigilante and try to catch a paedophile the team had come across in an online investigation (her nephew had been killed by a paedophile, so her work was always really personal for her). Lily went outside her team to do so, and was captured by the man she was after, who kept her captive for days. Her team, including ...more
UnusualChild{beppy}
synopsis:
wyatt is on the trail of a serial killer without his usual team around him, because only he and one other member are aware that the member of the team who supposedly died is still alive, and the crimes implicate her. the memorial service for lily had been held, and wyatt got a phone call from her that night. she was severely injured and wyatt agreed to hide her so that she could recover. then someone starts killing men who are after children and leaving some type of lily at the scene. a
Denise
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-goal
'Black at Heart' was action packed, thrilling, full of drama, deceit, mystery and suspense. The storyline picked up where book two, 'Pitch Black', left off. What a ride. The way it played out was full of surprises. I liked that this was Wyatt's story. He's dark, mysterious, very smart and makes a great leader. The Black CATs are a great team of different personalities and specialties. And then there's Anspaugh. Oh how I had an intensely strong dislike for him since I first met him. He's definite ...more
SimyCat
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book, 3rd in the series, did not disappoint me. I love the way this author writes and love her storylines. I can't wait for the 4th in this series to come out, 'Black Out'. These books have a lot of suspense, romance, and thrilling. You really need to read the first 2 in their order, 'Fad to Black' and 'Pitch Black'. The characters are built from book 1, thru book 2 and into book 3. I loved how the stories are different but each book moves to the next. Each book does solve the crime and the ...more
Robin
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cyber Action Team Leader Wyatt Blackstone is known for his icy control and being able to detach himself from his work. Now he is beginning to fall for a woman who is under his protection...a woman who may be brutally murdering criminals who she believes deserve to be executed.

This book was a surprise for me. From the identity of the woman Wyatt is protecting, to the great twists in the murder mystery, this book kept me glued to the pages. This is the 3rd book in the Black CATs series. I highly r
Maria
Apr 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 3rd book and what appears to be the final book in The Black Cats series by Leslie Parrish. The heroine is Lily, the FBI agent that everyone believed was killed at the end of book 2. The hero is Wyatt Blackstone, the enigmatic leader of The Black Cat's division.
This was probably the best book of the 3 in the series. The action was tight and the romance that had been hinted at in the other two books fully came to life in this story. We also get more of the back story on Wyatt and how
Ally
Started really well, it's an FBI internet related crime team suspense story but it had a lot of back story and even though I hadn't read the previous books it covered enough ground for me to start here but it took ages for the story to get going. There was too much background and back and forth between who each character was and what the story was about and what happened in the previous book that I just gave up. It's well written but I just got frustrated with it. I keep thinking I might come ba ...more
Mary Lou Webb
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice rounding out of the series

This book follows the story of a third member of the Black Cats team. What I particularly like about the books is that each one is a complete, contained story. I enjoyed learning more about the two main characters, and Ms. Kelly did a good job fleshing out their backgrounds. The fourth book was due out in 2014, according to the end notes, but as of early June, 2015, I can't find it on Amazon. Hoping it comes out soon.

Cathy Egan
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hoping for more in this series

Book three of the Black CATs series was just as good as the first two. It doesn't end with a cliffhanger, but there are other main characters who haven't gotten their own stories yet. Hopefully Leslie A. Kelly will decide to write about them. This book was really suspenseful, and once again, I did not figure out who the bad guy was. Very well written, great characters. Definitely worth the read if you love suspense books!!!
Shannon C.
Aug 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: contemporary romance fans, romantic suspense fans
Shelves: suspense-mystery
Great book, couldn't put it down! It was full of suspense and had a good mystery. I also liked the way the romance developed. Great characters! If you haven't read the earlier books, it's best to read these in order. They are all good reads and they build on each other.

I liked this as well as other books from popular romantic suspense authors like Cindy Gerard, Suzanne Brockman, Pamela Clare, Cynthia Eden, Roxanne St Claire, etc.
Sandhya
From the first book itself, we were reading about Lily and Wyatt and so how can i miss this book....this one is the story of Wyatt and Lily!! A really enjoyable romance!
Also, you should read the books in the same order....some mysteries which are unsolved in the previous books are solved in this! The suspense was exciting and thrilling....a page-turner!
Recommended as a good romantic suspense thriller!
Christine
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this portion of the series. Glad it picked up right where the previous book left off. Finding out what happened to Lily and why, not only held my attention but I couldn't put the book down until it was done. We got to see into Wyatt's past and how it shaped him into the man he is today. The Black Cats's all worked together to put the pieces together to solve the open cases.

Gerri
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LOVED this series. Kept me wondering right until the end who the killer was. I like that in a story. Don't get that too often in a suspense novel. I know it's listed as a trilogy, but Agent Cole needs a book. He's just to dang adorable to leave alone.
Gail
Nov 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this series. I am so glad I was gifted the first book. The characters are so....Hmmm,intense, interesting, strong, loyal. And the twist and turns...awesome!!

I'm hoping the author will write more stories for the series. I'm now off to read her other series!!
Anastasia
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Black Cat Series

Good story line with the characters. Each book seems to follow specific characters and their life. Does mention and involve the other characters from the series, but not as much as one or two of the specific character story line.
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
I had been waiting for this book because not only does it deal with Wyatt but it deals with the fallout of book two re: a certain CAT member that we've all grown to like.

Let's just say the transformation is well worth it.
Suze
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BLACK AT HEART

As other reviewers have said- this is the best book of the three in the series. Wyatt and Lily were already very well defined, but their personalities just shone through in this book. I hope there is a fourth book in the series.
  • Cold Sight (Extrasensory Agents, #1)
  • Waking the Dead (Mindhunters, #3)
  • Make Her Pay (Bullet Catcher, #8)
  • A Kiss to Kill (Passion For Danger, #3)
  • Edge of Midnight (Chasing Evil, #3)
  • Last to Die (Sheridan, #2)
  • Whisper of Warning (The Glass Sisters, #2)
  • Run to Me (Last Chance Rescue, #3)
  • If You Know Her (The Ash Trilogy, #3)

Black CATs (3 books)
  • Fade to Black (Black CATs, #1)
  • Pitch Black (Black CATs, #2)