Start by marking “Sunset Hearts (American Heroes Collection)” as Want to Read:
Sunset Hearts (American Heroes Collection)

Sunset Hearts (American Heroes Collection)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  475 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
By Tymber Dalton writing as Macy Largo

After witnessing a mob hit and learning she'd die next, Daphne Peres chose to escape her boyfriend by jumping into the stormy Gulf of Mexico. She didn't count on being rescued by hunky fishing guide Alan Walker. Lucky for her, his equally hunky boyfriend, Jerald Carter, is a Florida Marine Patrol officer. Living in hiding with easy-goi
ebook
Published June 11th 2010 by Siren-BookStrand

To ask other readers questions about Sunset Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sunset Hearts

Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!
This was a pretty good erotic menage story. Daphne is dating a mobster. She sees him kill someone and over hears him planning to kill her. So, she slips overboard and swims to shore. Alan finds her when he's out fishing and decides to help her. Jerald, Alan's boyfriend, isn't too happy with that.

Over time, they fall in love with each other. When Daphne's life is threatened, Jerlad sends her into protective custody and everything falls apart.

I really liked this story. Alan's motivation behind he
toofondofbooks
Jun 24, 2012 rated it liked it
This book was bounced around from 5 stars to 2 stars depending where I was. It seems like it took me forever to read it. I liked the way it started, and was intrigued by the plot. Then, after the 3 finally got together, it seemed to drag for a few chapters. Near the end, I got mad at the characters for TOTAL LACK OF COMMUNICATION!!! GRRRR. Drives me crazy when that happens in books. Also, I didn't like how the conflict with the mob boyfriend got swept under the rug. I would have liked to see (vi ...more
Kazza
May 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: menage
This was just what I was looking for.

If you enjoy -

- a decent storyline

- something sweet with an edge

- something with a bit of emotion or angst

- an erotic menage, complete with M/M as well as M/F/M

- engaging characters, who have their moments

- a HEA

Then Sunset Hearts certainly qualifies on all counts. It was pure fun and sexiness. Can't go wrong with that. Really enjoyed it. I know this was 'penned' as Macy Largo but I normally read, and enjoy, Tymber Dalton. Anyway no matter the name on the b
Brandy
May 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
This stands out to me as a book that shows the importance and development of each relationship within the threesome. Each man clearly loved each other and had a believable path to love with the heroine too. I frequently find myself frustrated with MMF stories where the guys feel solid but the woman feels like a tagalong or where one guy seems much more interested in a third than the other, but I didn't have any of those feelings when reading this one.
Annie
May 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica, romance, menage, mmf

I wanted to like it more than I did, but I just didnt. It was a good book with a good story line. I really dont know what it was missing. I think it was just me.

The book took place over several months, but all three of them fell into a relationship together quick. I wasnt feeling the vibes between them at all. I love between Jerald and Alan was obvious, but not so much with Daphne. The heroine was not TSTL, but I didnt like her. *shrugs*.
Angel Hatfield
Not Bad

Overall this wasn't a bad story. Unfortunately I felt the authors crammed a whole lot of story and not enough with the characters. I found that I was hurrying just to get the story finished and not because I couldn't put out down.
Renee
If you're a crybaby like me don't read this in public, I was stupid and read this while sitting on a bench at the fair while waiting for my daughter to ride rides. At least I had a napkin from my corn dog to wipe my face and blow my nose.
It was frustrating and emotional but the way it was written, even though you want to knock all their heads together, you can understand how they each individually feel whether or not you agree with it. One thing can definitely be said for the author - she can w
Caroline
May 17, 2017 rated it liked it
This was an okay book, but I found it to be not as good as some of her others. One of the main characters was too stubborn for his own good and this caused too much pain for the heroine for me to enjoy. This is what kept me from giving it 4 stars.
Judith
Apr 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
An incredibly emotional book about two men involved in the boating industry off the Florida Gulf Coast and who find a girl nearly dead, floating in the water. Their relationship is of two years duration so far, and while they both love each other dearly, Jerold still struggles with the full ramifications of "coming out" and now add in this "stranger" that his partner Alan insists on helping. When they find out that she is running for her life from a crime family, their finer instincts kick in--a ...more
Elle
Jun 17, 2011 rated it liked it
in between 2.5-3. I liked it :) Here is the description of it.

After witnessing a mob hit and learning she d die next, Daphne Peres chose to escape her boyfriend by jumping into the stormy Gulf of Mexico. She didn t count on being rescued by hunky fishing guide Alan Walker. Lucky for her, his equally hunky boyfriend, Jerald Carter, is a Florida Marine Patrol officer. Living in hiding with easy-going Alan and intensely passionate Jerald is no sacrifice, especially when faced with the alternative
Kendra
Aug 01, 2016 rated it did not like it
Allen started out very nice and sweet. Then he just turned into a horny teenager with no depth. Jerald....he started out rude. You can definitely tell that the guys care more about each other and them being the priority. (Which is why I don't like these books) Jerald handled everything wrong and that never even got acknowledged that he could have handled it differently. I think most people would react the same as Daphne if someone you loved lied to you and was so cold. We never saw any growth in ...more
Brutally Honest
Uh, this book was weird. First of all, the first 50% of it is basically a gay romance. Then, all of a sudden, completely inexplicably, the guys decide to add the girl to their menage and they have supposedly "fallen in love" with her. Honestly, this was so forced I couldn't even continue reading with interest. The end was pretty nice although I was really upset with Alan for a while, and because I didn't quite believe that they "loved" each other, I had trouble believing they wouldn't get over h ...more
Denise H.
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story !! This was a huge surprise! Daphne started out on shaky ground as the girlfriend of a mobster, but the story reveals her true nature, and she's a sweetie. Alan and Jerald are in a relationship, and after rescuing her, they both come to love her. Then the sizzle gets even hotter. Great M/M, and M/F/M sexy ménage scenes. Very well done, super hot and emotional. Heartwarming and interesting story, and deep, thoughtful characters we love. It was hard to set the book down. It ...more
Jimmy Hanson
Oct 21, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010, menage
I loved this novel at first, especially the 'courting' stages. Both men, deep down, are incredibly kind and sweet, even if it takes Jerald a while to come around.

By the turn of the novel when they are separated, the glow started to wear off. Daphne's continuous crying got on my nerves, and when Jerald and Alan completely switched personalities it became too unrealistic. Add in how often the MEN started crying ... and it just lost all the brownie points it had gotten in the beginning.

A funny quir
Mspink
Jun 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
There is no mistaking the "voice" of Tymber Dalton here. This had such a lovely "love slave for two" feel to it. It was a delicious story and incredibly emotional. Two hunky men taking care of the beautiful female. All strong characters but willing to expose their weaknesses too. It was heart wrenching at times when they were apart. But all in all it was a wonderful read. Don't miss it!! If you love TD's books, you will inevitably love this one!!
Shelly
Not gonna go over summary.

If you've not read this one by Dalton, I would definitely recommend it.

I really liked this book a lot. I wanted to love it. But, my dang memory starts to kick in as I'm happily reading and I'm like HEY - Haven't I read this before? Sure enough, the storyline is relatively similar to the author's 'Love Slave' series and her 'Stoneface' novel. I guess that's bound to happen sometime.

Happy reading!
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
While this one was a good read, I did not enjoy it quite as much as the other book, Dead Moon Rising....while in most of these book/stories you have to suspend belief a bit at how quickly things happen...this one for some reason was harder for me. All in all a good solid read but not necessarily a re-read...
Plainbrownwrapper
Aug 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, mmf, read-again-maybe
For some reason, this is one of my favorite mmf stories. I was not at all surprised when I found out that "Macy Largo" is a pen name for Tymber Dalton, since she's my favorite mmf author. There's lots of good emotion throughout the book.
Obsessed with book smex
Jun 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story! I found it to be emotionally intense in places, but not enough to drive me away. The triad's reunion at the climax of the story brought a smile to my face. I'm looking forward to more from this author.
April
Super sexy read! Great story with plenty of drama. Love the steamy scenes and the hot manlove! Can't wait to see more of this author!!
Avril
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Dalton never disappoints! Another terrific read from her. Soooo moving! I love when an author can make me laugh and cry in the same chapter!
Jamie  Leigh
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
loved this book. great writing and the hunky males? wow.
Kerry  sullivan
Hot or what!!!
Justadele
Jul 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Sara
Sep 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ah, loved it. It had everything, sexy men, hot sex, upheaval, more hot sex and HEA... ah so good
Tia
Oct 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book, thought it had all the needed emotions involved and the happy ending had me tearing up. One of the best in it's category that I've read lately.
Barbara Olson
Tay
Jun 20, 2016
  • Stoneface
  • The Glass Knot
  • Appassionato (Dream Marked #1)
  • Necklace of Shame
  • Anna in the Middle
  • Barefoot Bride for Three (Bride Train, #1)
  • Siren in the City (Texas Sirens, #2)

American Heroes Collection (3 books)
  • Dead Moon Rising