Start by marking “Grantville Gazette VI (Grantville Gazette, #6)” as Want to Read:
Grantville Gazette VI (Grantville Gazette, #6)

Grantville Gazette VI

(Grantville Gazette: Print Version #6)

This edition of the Grantville Gazette Volume 6 is derived directly from the online edition at http://www.grantvillegazette.com.

Stories include:
* A Taste of Home by Chris Racciato
* Federico and Ginger by Iver P. Cooper
* Recycling by Philip Schillawski and John Rigby
* Old Folks' Music by Gorg Huff and Paula Goodlett
* Mightier than the Sword by Jay Robison
* Grantville is Dif
ebook
Published by Baen Books (first published March 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Grantville Gazette VI, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grantville Gazette VI

Start your review of Grantville Gazette VI (Grantville Gazette, #6)
Daniel Shellenbarger
Grantville Gazette numero 6 was a bit of a surprise for me. Having read volumes 2, 3, and 4, I'd gotten used to the idea that the Grantville Gazettes A) didn't ever actually have any importance to the larger Ring of Fire story, B) were always divided between fiction and non-fiction sections, and C) were generally rather forgettable if mildly entertaining. Thankfully, this entry in the short story collection series set in Eric Flint's Ring of Fire universe is a dramatic improvement. Right at the ...more
Luci
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this one. The stories were shorter and more concise. There was a lot more introductions of historical characters and more stories about trying to reverse engineer technologies, both of which I enjoyed. This was a great collection in the series.
Karen
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As a person who loves short stories, having a world with both novels and shorter works to fill in the gaps is just heaven. As usual, the stories in the Gazette are well crafted and delightful. I'm trying to read them slowly so I don't run out.
Allen McDonnell
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good addition to the GG series!

Another fine collection of stories, often by first time authors, set in the 1632 Universe stablished by Eric Flint. A good read.
Hugues
Pas assez de textes intéressants de mon point de vue.
Michael Brown
Nov 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: series-reading
Again there are good tales, OK tales and a few real losers. And by losers I should say that the themes of several short stories are on topics that hold little if any interest to me and do not seem appropriate for the series. Fans might like little tales of small events or conflicts between the up-timers and the beliefs and lives of the down-timers but overall they fit the online gazette better than in the printed volumes. I think they waste a lot of space and many are one shot efforts that are n ...more
Topher
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alt-history
I still love this series, and I'm glad to see the universe has blossomed as it has. The inclusion of multiple authors and the online magazine (of which is this a "best of" print edition) provides multiple voices, and helps tell some of the smaller stories of the impact of the americans on the 100 yrs war. I hope, as a result, it will continue to churn out novels and short stories for years to come.
Roy
Oct 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Grantville Gazette never ceases to please and entertain. I think the best story -- and one that requires little background in the series -- is "Birdwatching" by Garrett W. Vance; nice touching story that hits on how different people would adjust to these extraordinary circumstances.
Bill
Jul 28, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is actually a "best of" set of stories from the online editions of Grantville Gazette Volumes 12-17. These are looks at the lives of average Americans and Europeans in the re-created Germany of Flint's 1632 universe.
Mickey Schulz
Nov 03, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: alt-history
Not as good as the others in this series. This is the last book Flint edited before turning it over to someone else. I think, perhaps, because he had gotten to close to the Baen's Bar crew and had a hard time turning down some stories that he really should have.
James
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alt-history, own
Finally completed the book. As good as all the others in the series. It is always good to catch up with old favourite ayuthors and characters. Really enjoyed the last half dozen stories by different authors all with a common theme. Come in and enjoy the world of grantville.
Ron
Interesting "best of collection" from ARC versions of Grantville Gazette. Most enjoyed by faithful readers of 1632 aficionados, not by new readers.
Angie Boyter
Mar 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book IS published now, in hardback and e-book. See my Amazon review.
Rachel
Feb 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
Don't read this book unless you've been following the series. But for people who have, it's a decent collection of related short stories.
Joe
Dec 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun flavors are everywhere in the 1632 Universe.
Friedrich Haas
My favorites : "Birdwatching", "Sailing Upwind", and "Jenny and the King's men". Some others were ok, and some I just got through to finish the book.
Bruce
Nov 03, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Strangely attractive. There is something about this trajectory and its fiction that is only twofold degenerate in todays culture.
Sionnach Cluasach
Maurynne  Maxwell
Jan 13, 2012
Edward
Nov 27, 2016

• 1636: The Barbie Consortium (Ring of Fire Book 18)
  • 1635: Music and Murder (1632 Universe)
  • 1636: The Chronicles of Dr. Gribbleflotz
  • 1636: Seas of Fortune (Assiti Shards, #20)
  • 1635: The Wars for the Rhine
  • Essen Steel (Essen, #1)
  • Bartley's Man (Ring of Fire)
  • The Chrysanthemum, the Cross, and the Dragon (Ring of Fire)
  • 1636: The Flight of the Nightingale (Ring of Fire Book 28)
  • Tales From the Mermaid and Tiger: Engines of Change (Ring of fire Book 11)
  • The Planters: A Ripple In Time Book 2
  • Essen Defiant (Essen, #2)
  • La géopolitique des séries
  • Le Voyageur imprudent
  • Interpreting the French Revolution
  • Icehenge
  • 2312
  • Aurora
Eric Flint is a New York Times bestselling American author, editor, and e-publisher. The majority of his main works are alternate history science fiction, but he also writes humorous fantasy adventures.

Grantville Gazette: Print Version (7 books)
  • Grantville Gazette, Volume I (Grantville Gazette, #1)
  • Grantville Gazette II (Grantville Gazette, #2)
  • Grantville Gazette III (Grantville Gazette, #3)
  • Grantville Gazette IV (Grantville Gazette, #4)
  • Grantville Gazette V (Grantville Gazette, #5)
  • Grantville Gazette, Volume 7 (Grantville Gazette, #7)

News & Interviews