Start by marking “Family Curse: Fear Street Collection ( The Fear Street Saga Trilogy, #1-3: The Fear Street Saga, #1-3)” as Want to Read:

Family Curse: Fear Street Collection

(The Fear Street Saga #1-3)

A special Fear Street Collection, containing The Fear Street Saga books 1-3:
- "The Betrayal"
- "The Secret"
- "The Burning".
Published December 1997 by Simon & Schuster (first published August 1st 1993)

Start your review of Family Curse: Fear Street Collection ( The Fear Street Saga Trilogy, #1-3: The Fear Street Saga, #1-3)
Maliha Tabassum Tisha
(I've added the links to my individual reviews below in case you want to know where I'm coming from. Bcoz I have absolutely no desire to write another word for this prequel trilogy.)
#1 The Betrayal: 2.5 stars
#2 The Secret: 2 stars
#3 The Burning: 2 stars
Leah Rachel von Essen
When I was around eight, maybe a bit older, my great aunt took me to the used bookstore and I bought an old copy of the Fear Street Saga. I read it that night and the next day, by which time my great aunt was questioning whether my mother would be okay with me reading a scary book, but it was too late by then- I was finished and I'd loved it. I read it probably a dozen times at least throughout my childhood, until, at some point, I lost it, with it's no-cover and destroyed pages.

So for this Chri
Samsnerdylife
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was great to read sone fear street stories that were actually the beginning of the whole tale, well besides what happened in the old country (read cursed bindup for that!). I enjoyed the snippets of Nora Goode's narrative that tied all three stories together. I was also appreciative of the family trees as it helped me connect the characters. These tales are not for the faint of heart. Horror and betrayal await all those that dare enter the Fear Street series....
M.M. Strawberry Library & Reviews
R.L. Stine is probably known best for his Goosebumps books (especially since it got turned into a TV show) but he did write some fun books for teenagers. This trilogy is one of them, exploring the family of Fear Street through the generations, all the way back to the first Fiers (Fears) and Goodes in Puritan times.

Boys tended to like Goodebumps and other books of a similar vein, but this one attracted more girls due to its romance and family drama. I really enjoyed this book though I didn't read
Sati Marie Frost
3 stars for all 3 books.
Liliana
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

This series is told as if Nora Goode is writing it—we get three stories in each book with some interludes from Nora as she tells the story of the Fears and the Goodes. This is literally what I remember from reading this series way back in the day: just Nora sitting at a desk writing by candlelight. Ah, the nostalgia.

---

The Betrayal:

This book starts off with the witch trials in Massachusetts! This was pretty cool to me because this sort of stuff has always fasci
Soneika Henry
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have took 3 years to complete this collection which is abnormal for me since i can finish a book in a day. So the first book was good it talks about the 'Salem witch burning' and how the Fear family became what they were. The second book in the collection told of a girl that was burnt and her father was actually the witch placed a curse on the girl's lover who was a Fear. Book 3 tells of the burning of the Fear house, the book is truly amazing just that if your imagination is like on point don ...more
Jess (Iorelyn)
Is here where I admit I was the biggest Fear Street fan when I was younger, and even to this day The Saga is still one of my favorite collections of stories from R.L Stine?

It's probably one of the biggest comfort reads for horror, and I can still sit and read it all in one sitting because no matter how much I've read these stories, I still adore it.
Katy Alice
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was it well written? Not really. Was it the most fun I've had reading in a long time? You bet.

This series is campy nostalgic fun.
Amber
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book I already had the other singles but this book just had the prettiest cover ever .... tat is the whole reason I bought it ... lol
Robin Keener
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-read this for the nostalgia, but always loved the story. Definitely written for teens.
Colleen
Mar 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I first bought this book back in 1996, when I was thirteen. I had read a couple of R.L. Stine's Goosebumps series, but found them incredibly boring. I mainly bought this book for the cover, because I thought the girl was pretty.

When I first read the books, I was horrified by the violence within the chapters. Things happened that disturbed me a lot. I later discovered that things that happened in the Witch Trials in the books actually did occur. And as horrified as I was by what was happening,
Kristina Smith
I have a confusion to make. Even though a huge fan of R.L Stine and his T.V series besides Goosebumps, I have never read Fear Street before! I am honestly mad at myself for not reading it when I was younger. I do recognize some covers, so I must have read a couple of them but I don't remember well enough. Being too scared as a child though to read such things, I'm sure that's why I didn't.
I do however, love this saga. I feel so bad for William Goode and what he had to go through. It hurts me how
Maggie Guerra
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's odd how clearly I remember this book. I even remover buying it with my birthday money when I was about 10, my mother debating on whether it was an age appropriate choice. It completely captured me from the first page to the last. I lost count of how many times I read it. It's s trilogy that most definitely showed how much I adored it. By my teens, the cover was ripped, pages were grimy and the binding cracked. It went with me everywhere! I fully intend on buying the newer print edition just ...more
Chantelle
Aug 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I will not forget the first time I picked up a Fear Street novel and completely exited reality. The author, R.L. Stine, has a way of surrounding you entirely with his stories. This saga was my favorite out of all of them [since there's probably 50 or more Fear Streets]. I wouldn't sleep until I finished them. Meant for a young reader, but an older crowd than his Goosebump stories are for. Great for ages 8-12 (even though I don't mind picking one up every once in a while at 22).
Shriya venkatesh
R.L Stine being R.L Stine. His characters are personifications of nightmare. The feud between Fiers and Goodes is the core of this trilogy, and Stine takes his readers to places. Unputdownable, scary! I can never get over the feelings which invaded me after I was done with this masterpiece. This was the trilogy which made me fall head over heels in love with ALL of his books. Stine, I bow to thee!
Maddie Buckner
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read this book once before and I'm reading it again now. Wow, this book is the creepiest book I have ever read! Did it keep me up at night? No, but it's fun to give yourself a little scare. I just absolutely love it! It's perfect for Halloween, it gave me chills, and I adore the setting. By far, one of my favorite books! I wanted to read it closer to Halloween, but since it's October, I just couldn't wait any longer! Oh, and that plot twist, though!! You go, R. L. Stine!
Anneliese
Jan 19, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
I have always seemed to love the interaction the past can have in the present when it comes to mysteries, and I think RL Stine's Fear Street Saga was what introduced me to that. I don't know what I would think reading these books now that I'm an adult but I still remember being surprised by unexpected plot twists and turns as a child and basically loving every minute of the stories I read.
Ina
Jun 11, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this saga! I can still remember how i devoured this back in grade school! And I was never into horror stories. I am no Stephen King fan. But there was something about the story that was just so engaging! I'm a sucker for anything that had history and intrigue and tragedy! This paved the way for my transitioning into Anne Rice novels in high school.
Dana
To summarize this book in two words would be "Scary Shit!". I didn't really like the horror in this. Scary? Yes it was. But this book lacked the thrill and was a huge tangled mixture of god-forsaken hyperbole and fear. The story line was too weak and confusing. The extremity in this book is not ma cup of tea.
Echo
Aug 28, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: youngadult
I can't give my idea of these as an adult, because it's been years since I read them, but of all the Fear Street books I read, these three were my favorite. I was so fond of them that even when I donated the rest of the series, I kept these books and still have them stashed away somewhere.
Jen
Dec 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. I haven't read R.L. Stine in a while, so this felt a bit melodramatic in spots (which is to be expected) and a bit shaky in the historical accuracy department. Still, it was entertaining and scary in some places.
Anisa
Jul 02, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young adult
This trilogy really explain of the tragedy that had happened in the Fear family. I read it when i was 13, and had been reading a few times. Enjoyable and recommended to those R>L> Stine's fan... ...more
Heather
Feb 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books were the best of Fear Street. I read them first, and loved them, and then continued to read the far inferior continuation of the series, unfortunately.
Caitlin
The Betrayal/The Secret/The Burning (The Fear Street Saga 1-3) by R. L. Stine (1996)
Whitney 'Thompson' Jenkins
Reliving my Fear Street days!!
Veronique
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
OMG!! First book I read in English... I need to get my hands on this!
Uche
Jan 21, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed it when I stopped taking it so seriously.
Angela
Loved it when I was younger, and recently read it again
Willem
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the book that introduced me to reading! The first book that i ever enjoyed! I still read it every 7/8 years, more for nostalgic reasons than anything... But a must for young hungry minds
Does anyone remember these books? 1 1 Jun 10, 2017 08:35PM

• My Best Friend's Exorcism / Last Call at the Nightshade Lounge [Exclusive Chaplet]
  • Bless Me, Ultima
  • Return to Dyatlov Pass
  • The Love Study
  • The Hollow Places
  • Fever Pitch
  • Cycle of the Werewolf
  • Vampires of Portlandia
  • Amongst Us, Volume 1
  • Well Played (Well Met, #2)
  • How to Recognize a Demon Has Become Your Friend
  • Five ​Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns, #4)
  • Seven of Infinities
  • Room to Breathe
  • The Curse of the Pharaohs (Amelia Peabody, #2)
  • Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy, #1)
  • Bridget Jones's Baby: The Diaries (Bridget Jones, #4)
  • The Lost Sisters (The Folk of the Air, #1.5)

R. L. Stine b

The Fear Street Saga (4 books)
  • The Betrayal (The Fear Street Saga, #1)
  • The Secret (The Fear Street Saga, #2)
  • The Burning (The Fear Street Saga, #3)
  • Betrayal: The Betrayal; The Secret; The Burning (The Fear Street Saga Trilogy, #1-3)

News & Interviews