Start by marking “The Christmas Brides: A McKettrick Christmas\A Creed Country Christmas (McKettricks, #10; Montana Creeds, #4)” as Want to Read:

The Christmas Brides: A McKettrick Christmas\A Creed Country Christmas (McKettricks #10)

Celebrate the holidays with these heartwarming family classics in one keepsake collection from New York Times bestselling author Linda Lael Miller

A McKettrick Christmas

Lizzie McKettrick is on a homebound train with a Christmas Eve surprise for her family—a special young man, Whitley Carson. He might seem a little too interested in the McKettrick money, but Lizzie's certain
Published October 26th 2010 by HQN Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Brides, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Brides

Cheryl
Dec 19, 2013 Cheryl rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Let me start by saying that I haven't read anything by Linda Lael Miller. This book was a random search of my library's e-books that have to do with Christmas. I had to read a holiday book for a monthly challenge, and I decided on a romance.

This is two novellas, which admittedly, to follow the usual romance formula, details have to be cut, the emotional poignancy has to be cut, so you don't expect the same enjoyment from novellas.

The first, "A McKettrick Christmas", started out with an interesti
Willow Brook
Dec 18, 2010 Willow Brook rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
I discovered Linda Lael Miller 2 years ago with another Christmas story, A Stone Creek Christmas and was immediately drawn to her interesting story lines and strong, profoundly decent characters who often are dealing with issues of loss and regret. I also enjoy the supernatural elements that show up in some of the stories. I've read a good number of her books since and have only rarely been disappointed.

The Christmas Brides consists of two very enjoyable holiday stories set around the turn of t
Debbie
Dec 10, 2010 Debbie rated it really liked it
I always love pretty much anything from Linda Lael Miller. I read the first book in this 2-in-1 by Linda Lael Miller. I read it the first time it was released. So I'm just skipped on that one and reading the second story, which I didn't get to read the first time it was released.
Reed Raab
Dec 21, 2011 Reed Raab rated it it was ok
I would give this book 2.5 stars only because the first story I liked but the second one irked me. I didn't care for any of the characters except Wes and he is hardly in the story. The love feels a bit forced to me and Gracie's attitude towards replacing her mom so willingly is just plain weird.
Robin
Sep 07, 2013 Robin rated it it was ok
The stories lacked something interesting.
 ♥♥Mari♥♥
This book is actually an omnibus edition, since it combines two novellas, both written by Miller, in one volume. The first one, "A McKettrick Christmas", was first published in 2008, while the second, "A Creed Country Christmas", was published in 2009.

Both of these stories are totally delightful, each in its own way! The first one features the indomitable Lizzie McKettrick, future schoolteacher, who is bringing her boyfriend home to meet her family. It's December 22, 1896, and they're both on a
ѦѺ™
Dec 25, 2010 ѦѺ™ rated it really liked it
Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas. - Peg Bracken

culled from her McKettrick and Creed series, “First Lady of the West” Linda Lael Miller presents a 2 in one reissue of her bestselling novels of historical Americana.
in A McKettrick Christmas, Elizabeth McKettrick looks forward to spending the holidays with her family. her traveling companion is spoiled Whitley Carson whom she plans to introduce to her kith and kin. along the way, a massive avalanch
Gaby
Nov 12, 2010 Gaby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

The Christmas Brides contains two different sweet and romantic historical stories set in the US and around Christmas time.

A McKettrick Christmas is the story of Lizzie. She's traveling to meet her family for Christmas when an avalanche strand her train. She's not scared and not alone, since she's traveling with Whitley Carson, her probably future husband. But when they and a couple of more passengers are in real danger, it is the handsome Dr. Morgan Shane
Wendy
Alleluialu
Dec 30, 2012 Alleluialu rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
This is the last Christmas book of this season. I've read 4 Christmas novels this year. This book actually contains two Christmas stories: "A McKettrick Christmas" and "A Creed Country Christmas." "A McKettrick Christmas" follows Lizzie McKettrick who is riding a train back to her family for Christmas. The train gets caught in an avalanche and the passenger car almost topples off the tracks. The passengers bind together as a little family and help each other survive the ordeal. Lizzie is accompa ...more
Samantha
Feb 05, 2011 Samantha rated it liked it
A McKettrick Christmas

Lizzy McKettrick is excited to go home to her family. She brings along her beau, who believes will propose to her. The train carrying Lizzy home is buried under an avalanche and she and the other passengers are stuck in the cold. Dr. Morgan Shane immediately springs into action, helping to care for the passengers that were hurt in the accident. Lizzy admires Morgan’s compassion and his strength. She works alongside him to aid him with his medical attention and finds herself
Mary
Dec 07, 2015 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-books
These two Christmas novellas both feature action and drama on the frontier. I haven't read any of the McKettrick or Creed books, so this introduced me to many of the characters in the series. I'll definitely want to check out more of Linda Lael Miller's books!

In A McKettrick Christmas, Lizzie McKettrick and a group of passengers get trapped on a train when an avalanche nearly sweeps them down the mountainside. She's on her way home for Christmas, and she knows that her family will come for her,
Lover of Romance
Lizzie McKettrick, is traveling home from San Francisco with a prospective future fiancee, and planning on surprising her family with Whitley Carson. But then a avalanche strikes the train they are traveling on and they are stranded witha blizzard outside and not much hope of surviving with a likely chance of them on the edge (which could tip their car over), and another avalanche that could down upon them at any time. Dr Morgan Shane takes charge and Lizzie is drawn to him in a way that she has ...more
Jody
Nov 11, 2011 Jody rated it really liked it
Two stories in one:
1) A McKettrick Christmas: Going back home after years away at schools, Lizzie is taking home a man to meet the family. An avalanche delays things in the process and Lizzie starts to doubt whether or not he is the man for her. Dr. Morgan Shane makes Lizzie take another look at things. Mr. Christmas helps hold things together in the crisis and helps steer them on the right path.
2)A Creed Country Christmas
Juliana Mitchell's school is closed. Taking four of the Indian children wi
Judith
Dec 11, 2010 Judith rated it really liked it
Excellent, excellent re-issue of two Christmas novellas first released in 2008 and 2009. Both are beautiful, heart-warming stories based on the characters in Ms Miller's McKettrick and Creed families' series. I was deeply touched by both stories but especially by the story of Lillie McKettrick, now coming home from school in San Francisco, current beau in tow, delighted to finally be able to establish herself as an independent adult and the town school teacher. The progress of the journey is hal ...more
Ashley
Feb 12, 2013 Ashley rated it really liked it
I have read pretty much all the Mckettricks and Lizzie's story was nice to hear about the Mckettricks again but for a 'romance'. It was a complete failure and I say that with all my love for the Mckettricks .... If u have read about the Mckettricks don't not read this story just because it wasn't epic like the rest of the stories I still enjoyed reading it.

As for the Creed's Christmas I wasn't expecting much but it was really good and romantic in its old country ways. I have only read a few cre
Amber
Nov 01, 2010 Amber rated it really liked it
The first book (McKettricks) was slow building. Right away the main character threw away her first choice which made me wonder if she wasn't strong enough to stick with her decisions. But she ended up proving me wrong. I did feel like towards the end it just kept continuing when it could have ended several times. But Linda Lael Miller wanted to wrap everything up. I haven't read any of the McKettricks before, so I may go get those books now.

The second book (Creed) was really sweet. The tension w
Carla
Dec 19, 2012 Carla rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, christmas
2 stars, McKettrick Christmas, 3 stars, A Creed Country Christmas. This book is a set of two Christmas novellas. The first one started out promising, albeit predictable, but somehow the middle of the book (where the hero and heroine might get to know each other and work out any differences) was absent, yet the end was drawn out. It really would have been a better novella if the beginning served as the story, with a brief epilogue that would have condensed the ending. I liked a Creed Country Chri ...more
Jackie
Nov 30, 2011 Jackie rated it really liked it
I love these Christmas books - like watching a Lifetime movie. This books has 2 stories. The first is about Lizzie who is bringing a boyfriend home to meet her family who own a large ranch. There is an avalanche and their train is covered. Turns out her boyfriend is a sniveling and selfish. But the man who is coming to town to be the new doctor is a hero. Guess who she falls for? The story has an odd angel twist as a small sub-plot. The second is about a girl who leaves her swanky life to teach ...more
July
Jun 27, 2011 July rated it really liked it
Shelves: home-library
I read the first story in this book and finished today 7/26/11. It is about Lizzie McKettrick, she is Holt McKettrick's daughter. She is on her way home at Christmas time on the train and bringing home a friend to introduce to the family. An avalanche hits the train and they are derailed and almost knocked off the cliff. Lizzie knows her family will rescue her when the train doesn't show up on time. The problem is people are injured it is freezing can they hold out that long? The friend she is b ...more
Mary Baker
This book included two stories by Linda Lael Miller. I liked them both but felt the second one was better. I thought the first one dragged on too far past the climax; it should have ended long before it did. The second story was more to my liking. I liked the hero in the second story better too. I have been reading Linda Lael Miller's books for many years and have found that she usually puts out a good book.
Jessica Alcazar
Sep 05, 2012 Jessica Alcazar rated it really liked it
NOTE: I'm only reading A McKettrick Christmas today because it is part of the McKettrick series so my rating will only be based on Lizzie's story for now.

When I begin the Creed saga, I will read the next story where it falls in the series and combine the stars :)

ok, so it only took a couple hours to read.....loved it. short and to the point. i do have to say tho, what is it about the 1800 that people just fell in love in like 24 hrs?! i'm bemused by the whole concept.
Anjelica
Apr 08, 2011 Anjelica rated it it was amazing
I thought that this book was really cute. It was actually my first time reading anything by this author and I loved it. Linda Lael Miller, makes her characters come alive within the pages and it feels like I actually know them. I also love the historical setting of it and how if you wanted to, this book could fit so well into modern society.
I will definitely be reading more by Miller!
Marcia  Haskell
Nov 04, 2010 Marcia Haskell rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This is 2 stories in 1 book - 'A McKettrick Christmas' and 'A Creed Christmas'. Both were thoroughly enjoyable reads about people we all would enjoy as neighbors and friends. Even the "villains" turn out to be more worrisome than villainous in the end. Both these stories, by Linda Lael Miller, are more predictable than many similar stories, but they were fun and pleasant and well written.
Donna
Oct 29, 2015 Donna rated it really liked it
My first introduction to this author. Enjoyed both stories - liked the characters, the plots, and the smooth writing style. Although both were short stories and I wasn't familiar with the characters, I found myself quickly engaged in the plot and with the characters. Will definitely look for more books in both series.
Kai
Feb 25, 2013 Kai rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-historic
I had already read A McKettrick Christmas, so I skipped it but I really enjoyed A Creed Country Christmas. I guess I just have a soft spot in my heart for adoption and people who love adopted children as their own. Though again, the story seemed to move a little fast for my tastes, it was still a good read!
Marsha Nelson
Nov 30, 2010 Marsha Nelson rated it really liked it
What a delight! Two stories centered around Christmas weddings that leave you feeling good about the world. Lizzie and Juliana both meet their husbands-to-be in unusual fashion but in a way that leads them to know immediately that these are good men that they can trust and love.
Tina
Nov 17, 2010 Tina rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-read
I won this book from Goodreads. I really enjoyed the two stories that were contained in this one book. They were different from each other, yet both were very good. I would highly recommend this book to those who enjoy a good romance.
Deborah Vespo
Oct 05, 2012 Deborah Vespo rated it really liked it
This book is a combination of two different stories. Haven't read very many of Linda Lael Miller's books, but I found I really liked this one. Charming characters and good story lines in both. I will be looking into more of Linda's books.
Claudia (CJ)
Dec 16, 2010 Claudia (CJ) rated it it was amazing
I won this book from First Reads! I was surprised how much I enjoyed this book. Two stories set at Christmas time, a time for miracles. Linda Lael Miller wrote these stories in the historical setting and I will be looking for more of her book in the future!
Madison Mega-Mara...: The Christmas Brides by Linda Lael Miller 1 2 Dec 23, 2013 06:01PM
  • Regency Christmas Proposals
  • Regency Christmas Wishes
  • Texas Princess (Whispering Mountain, #2)
  • Open Country (Blood Rose, #2)
  • In a Cowboy's Arms
  • Under the Mistletoe
  • A Convenient Wife (Montana Mavericks: Historicals #3)
  • The Christmas Knight
  • Maverick Wild (Wild, #2)
  • The Christmas Countess
  • A Victorian Christmas
  • So This Is Christmas (Includes: The Protectors, #19)
  • Sweet Inspiration (Klaus Brothers, #1)
  • Shotgun Grooms
  • Holiday Affair (Kismet, Michigan, #2)
  • Audrey and the Maverick (Men of Defiance, #2)
  • Snowflakes and Stetsons
  • A Bride By Christmas: Home For Christmas\ The Wise Virgin\ Tumbleweed Christmas
The daughter of a town marshal, LINDA LAEL MILLER is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 100 historical and contemporary novels, most of which reflect her love of the West. The "First Lady of the West" lives outside Spokane, Washington, where her rescued horses, dogs and cats live the high life.

Published since 1983, Linda was awarded the prestigious Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievemen
More about Linda Lael Miller...

McKettricks (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • High Country Bride (McKettricks, #1)
  • Shotgun Bride (McKettricks, #2)
  • Secondhand Bride (McKettricks, #3)
  • McKettrick's Choice (McKettricks, #4)
  • Sierra's Homecoming (McKettricks, #5)
  • McKettrick's Luck (McKettricks, #6)
  • McKettrick's Pride (McKettricks, #7)
  • McKettrick's Heart (McKettricks, #8)
  • The McKettrick Way (McKettricks, #9)
  • A McKettrick Christmas (McKettricks, #10)