Start by marking “Shadow of the Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #2)” as Want to Read:
Shadow of the Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #2)

Shadow of the Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #2)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  176 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
All are terrified of the ruthless legend of al Shahin--the Black Hawk. Sheikh Shahin Aswadi doesn't mind. It makes his job easier. He is one of the immortal shape-shifters who serve the ancient Egyptian god Set-Sutekh, and no human has dared approach his hidden oasis encampment for nearly a century.That is, until intrepid anthropologist Gemma Haliday comes sniffing around ...more
Paperback, Harlequin Nocturne #100, 281 pages
Published October 19th 2010 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Shadow of the Sheikh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow of the Sheikh

Alison
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it

This was an enjoyable storyline that kept me captivated all the way through and wanting to read the rest of the series.

Sheikh Shahin is the mysterious stranger who Gemma Haliday can not get out of her mind after one short meeting.
Shahin turns out to be a shape-shifter and a loyal follower of a Vampire God who is currently preparing for war against his long standing enemy.
Shahin wants Gemma as much as she wants him but is nervous of trusting his heart to her.

Some of the love scenes in the book ar
Lynsey A
I was a bit disappointed in this story after liking the first one so well. For some reason I did not connect to the hero or heroine. I didn't warm up to them at all. What really clinched it for me was the scene (view spoiler) ...more
Alice Janell
Nov 15, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
I received this as an eARC back in September. I breezed through it pretty easily, and it wasn't until the very, very end that I realized I was reading a book that was part of a series.

"Shadow of the Sheikh" is book two of Nina Bruhns "Immortal Sheikhs" series. Though, honestly, you can definitely read "Shadow of the Sheikh" without reading the first book.

Be prepared for a bit of a let down, however. While you may not need to read book one, you'll definitely want to read book three -- "Shadow of
Yejoon Kim
Jul 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I got this book when I was wandering around a second-hand book shop. At first, I thought this is a stand-alone book. Then I began reading and found out that it was actually a trilogy.

Since I don't know where to buy the first book, I decided to just read it anyway.

I thought that reading the book without any knowledge about the first story will just confuse me, but I was wrong. I caught up with the story easily, so it was the first thing that made me like the book. The other was that it was writ
Nina Bruhns
Jul 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
The Immortal Sheikhs, book 2

Sheikh Shahin Aswadi—the harbinger of death, a ghostly figure who rides the wind in the form of a powerful black hawk. No mortal has dared approach his hidden oasis encampment for nearly a century. They are all terrified by the ruthless legend of al Shahin.

All but intrepid anthropologist Gemma Haliday. Determined to find her missing sister, Gemma has foolishly disregarded the dire warnings of local villagers…and walks straight into a trap Shahin has laid for her.

He ta
Sandra
Jul 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf, own, mills-boon
Middle book of the trilogy and it was a much better read than the first one.

We still have lots of Egyptology, ancient Gods, shapeshifting and a hungry vampire and our H/h this time Sheikh Shahin Aswadi, Leader of the Death Warriors and Gemma Halliday.

This book pays tribute to E.M. Hull The Sheik, which was a favourite of mine when I was a teenager.

If a war is to be averted between Light and Dark, Night and Day, then it is up to the Halliday sisters to prevail.

Deanna
Dec 28, 2010 rated it it was ok
I found the story quite confusing. I think it would have helped if I had read the first instalment of the Immortal Sheikhs series. Perhaps then I would have better understood what was happening. I also don't think that the idea of immortal Egyptian royalty who are vampires that must feed on a mortal's blood once a year was believable for me. I guess I shouldn't read these kind of stories but I did give it a chance.
Amber Meller
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting, but I was left yearning for something more than what I read in the book. It felt incomplete, but I did enjoy it, even if there we were two stories in one. Where Seth's sister was taken and Shihan was slowly falling in love, something that Seth can work around this time, unlike in the last book, where Rhys defected. But Rhys and Gillian did come in to it a little bit, mentioning that they were spies for them, even if they live with the enemy.
Stacie
Dec 17, 2010 rated it it was ok
This is a continuation of the Immortal Sheikhs series of three sisters who meet shapeshifters in the Egyptian desert. While search for her lost sister, she meets Sheikh Shahin Aswadi who has the legend of being able to turn into a Black Hawk. Once she walks into his world, he keeps her and she can not go back. She does not realize that she is walking into a trap. Shahin thinks that he will just be with her until he tires of her. But then finds that he does not ever want to be without her.
May 27, 2011 rated it liked it
I read this trilogy out of order, starting with book 2 and working through book 3 (and have yet to read book 1).

Bruhns marries her love for Egypt and hieroglyphics with desert vampires and shape shifters, and viola! The Desert Trilogy that so far carries through with a 2.5 rating (unless book 1 changes that).
Anja Braun
Slightly better than Lord of the desert..Things were explained more..To tell you the truth though nothing much happens..A ghost army yawn..I love reading about Egyptian romance and Sheikhs but this was Lukewarm at best..
Angarad
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My God, Shahin is way sexier than Rhys :)
I thought I was readying some kind of Romeo and Juliet adaptation which only leaves you wanting to lonw how it all ends
However I have to say I thought this was way too short and hoing too quickly.
Kiru Taye
Oct 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. Will be checking out the other stories in the series.
Shannon Ann Bliesner
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was actually the book that introduced me to the trilogy, and is my absolute favorite! love the characters and how the story plays out
Glynda Roy
Jun 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this series. Start with first book Lord of the Desert, then this one, and last Vampire Sheikh. Very Good.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Immortal Sheikhs
Marina
I give this 3 1/2 stars. It was good. The characters are great, nice storyline, overall nice romance.
Ruthann Barrett
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. Too bad there isn't another one following the story.
April
May 17, 2017
Kimmy Burbridge
Nov 04, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Heiress to a Curse (Drakon Clan #1)
  • The Truth about Vampires / Salvation of the Damned
  • The Guardian (Nightwalkers #1)
  • Black Magic Lover
  • Lone Wolf  (The Pack #10)
  • Renegade Angel (Hearts of the Fallen 0.4)
  • The Shifters (The Keepers Trilogy #2)
  • The Wolven (The Keepers Trilogy #3)
  • Incubus
  • Zombie Moon
  • Ghost Stalker (The Tracker #2)
  • Mistress of the Underground (Secret Vampire Society #4)
  • The Vampire Affair
  • Alaskan Wolf (Alpha Force #1)
  • The Shadow Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #9)
  • Wolf Trap (Wolf Moons, #2)
  • The Vampire's Kiss (Valorian Chronicles #5)
  • Poisoned Kisses (Mythica #3)
New York Times and USA Today best selling author Nina Bruhns is an avid world traveler and adventurer with two graduate degrees in archaeology -- all great fodder for her stories, giving them broad dimension, vivid settings and characters that are out of the ordinary. In addition to hitting both the NY Times and USA Today bestseller lists, her novels have earned two RITA nominations, and won numer ...more
More about Nina Bruhns...

Immortal Sheikhs (3 books)
  • Lord of the Desert (Immortal Sheiks #1)
  • Vampire Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #3)