Start by marking “Ziji: The Puppy Who Learned to Meditate” as Want to Read:
Ziji: The Puppy Who Learned to Meditate

Ziji: The Puppy Who Learned to Meditate

Ziji the dog loves to chase pigeons in the park-- until he meets Nico, who teaches him the benefits of meditation.
Published December 9th 2009 by Tergar International (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Ziji, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ziji

Start your review of Ziji: The Puppy Who Learned to Meditate
Producervan in Mesa, AZ from New Orleans & L.A.
5 Star book written by a Tibetan meditation master and a child psychologist, young Nico teaches the lovable, childlike puppy dog Ziji to become quiet, calm and open—to meditate—where he achieves a sense of spaciousness and compassion in a busy environment. Wonderful book. Highly recommend.

Thanks to NetGalley for providing this ebook for review.
Donna Maguire
The images were nice and the story was ok, I just didn't feel that the story was excellent and I did find it a bit awkward at times. I thought that this book was enjoyable and it deserves the three stars I have given it. ...more
Roger
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I recommend this book, it is essential as parents or educators to provide our children with tools of personal and spiritual development, so that they have what is necessary for their fulfillment in life.
Many parents and educators have put aside this type of teaching, partly because we have not experienced it. But times have changed and we are moving towards a more holistic paradigm of who we are as conscious Human, in addition to the new challenges our children face in the Information and Techno
Sam Campbell
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet little kids book for 4+ I’d reckon maybe best for 5-6yrs. Lovely illustrations and sweet story put it up there so that it is not out of place on a bookshelf with mainstream children’s books, yet the message of the benefits of just being and sitting peacefully (and not chasing and disturbing pigeons!) is beautiful. Ziji such a sweet little dog. Written by a Tibetan Buddhist Lama (teacher) - you’ll find his teachings (for grown-ups!) on YouTube.
Dax
This was adorable and super weird. It had some interesting ideas on what a "normal family" looks like that I found a little disturbing. I think this book would of been much more effective and less preposterous if Nico was teaching another kid about mediation instead of a puppy. The ideas and premises are good just the delivery was strange. ...more
Ryan
Jun 16, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is extremely long for a picture book. It’s about learning to meditate to let go of energy. The story isn’t bad, and it includes a guide on how to use the book in the back. But personally this is not one, I would read to my kids, but those who want to learn more about meditation may find this helpful.
Richelle Zirkle
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a cute story with sweet illustrations in muted colors. It provides a way to introduce younger children to meditation. It offers one of the best and simplest explanations of meditation using an analogy with a stick and a pond.

I received an ARC in exchange for my honest review.
Sumi Kim
Lesson 1.1 in Children's Lesson Plan volume of Sitting Together ...more
Lupine
It's ok. Good for anyone looking for a way to introduce meditation to children. ...more
Thea Nicholas
Jun 09, 2015 rated it liked it
sweet
Darren Rippy
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
My son found it enjoyable. I think the analogy the book uses to explain the purpose of meditation resonated with him.
Amanda Vigil
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cute story and great way to introduce children to meditation!
Julian
Sep 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
6 out of 5! An fantastic story book for children and adults alike regarding the essential benefits of meditation.
Lindsey Lewis
Ziji is a scruffy little puppy who lives with his family in an apartment. There is a park next to the apartment and Ziji likes to chase pigeons there. When a new boy moves in, Ziji is very curious and wants to befriend him, and the boy wants to teach Ziji meditation. Along the way, he also teaches Ziji that chasing the pigeons scares them and how it is unkind.

I felt like the book could have been a little shorter, as some of the scenes felt repetitive. I liked how the book shows that it takes pra
Angel Luis
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good
Dakster
May 11, 2012
Celine Wright
Nov 12, 2021
Neon Fizz
Feb 17, 2016

• Third Voice (Rönning & Stilton, #2)
  • Lady Stuff: Secrets to Being a Woman
  • Two Can Keep a Secret
  • One Child
  • The Little Shop of Found Things (Found Things, #1)
  • Happy as a Dane: 10 Secrets of the Happiest People in the World
  • Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1)
  • Cloud Atlas
  • The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Flavia de Luce, #1)
  • The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag (Flavia de Luce, #2)
  • The Invitation (Stephanie King, #2)
  • Döden går på visning
  • Klara and the Sun
  • The Murderer's Son (Jackman & Evans #1)
  • A Stranger in the House
  • Bite the Biscuit (Barkery & Biscuits Mystery, #1)
  • Tart of Darkness (Chef-to-Go Mystery, #1)
  • Fatal Witness (Detective Erika Foster, #7)
Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche is a lama and monk of the Nyingma and Kagyu schools of Tibetan Buddhism, and the youngest son of Tulku Urgyen—his elder brothers are Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche, Tsikey Chokling Rinpoche, and Tsoknyi Rinpoche. Mingyur Rinpoche serves as abbot of both Tergar Osel Ling Monastery in Kathmandu, Nepal, and Tergar Rigzin Khachö Targyé Ling Monastery in Bodhgaya, India, in addition to t ...more