Start by marking “City Limits (Rhea Jensen, #3)” as Want to Read:
City Limits (Rhea Jensen, #3)

City Limits

(Rhea Jensen #3)

Book annotation not available for this title.
Title: City Limits
Author: Pratt, Sheralyn
Publisher: Cedar Fort
Publication Date: 2010/10/08
Number of Pages: 213
Binding Type: PAPERBACK
Library of Congress:
Published October 8th 2010 by Bonneville Books

To ask other readers questions about City Limits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about City Limits

Kathy
Aug 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
While reviewing books on my to read list City Limits caught my eye. I remembered how much I enjoyed the first two books in this series so I requested City Limits from the library and jump right into it. I was not disappointed.

Sheralyn has such a fun way of poking fun at the LDS culture. She makes me laugh at her characters and at myself too.

I love the relationship between Rhea & Ty and love the supporting characters too.

If you are looking for something a little snarky and a lot of fun the R
Katie W
Another great book in the Rhea Jensen series. This one was a little different, however. I wasn't really sure what was going on with the mystery. It all started with a suicide attempt that Rhea and her friend, Kay, witnessed. A secret society wanted to keep things covered. Very fast-paced, intense, and original, but I didn't really get many hints about who they were running from and what was going on. I really enjoyed the romance angle. But....it was a cliff-hanger. I can't wait to read the next ...more
T.K.
Jun 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Clear your schedule before you pick up this book, because you won't want to put it down. I thought the previous version of this book, Idle Playgrounds, was great, but this was fabulous! Sheralyn has heavily revised her novel into a more succinct, fast-moving, and thoroughly modern work that will leave you eager for her next book. Rhea's voice is much stronger here, and the ending far more realistic. I have only two small criticisms: the old title was better, and the editing errors kept pulling m ...more
Valerie Waters
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!! I loved what ty did at the end! And great twist!
Sheralyn
Jun 11, 2010 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
So... from a completely unbiased *ahem* perspective, I have to say that I love the action in City Limits. Absolute fun to write :)
Connie
Mar 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy a book that can keep my attention and get my heart pumping...Sheralyn Pratt does just that! I look forward to reading book 4, "Kaysville".
Mindy
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy crap my heart is still pounding!! Amazing, awesome, was NOT expecting the last half of that book! Full review coming to ldswbr.com soon.
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I really enjoy this series. I really like Rhea and Kay. I like that they help each other out and enjoy their close friendship. This installment has plenty of action and not a dull moment. It moves along quickly and you have to keep turning the pages to find out what will happen next. I do wish we had a little more background on Rhea. The first couple of books she’s just a cool PI, but this time around she is like a Super-PI. Maybe her background will be brought up in the next book, but at times ...more
Wendy
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction-lds, mystery
Again, I love this series! I would stay up all night to read one of these books.
I read City Limits (published 2010) and then went back to Idle Playgrounds (published 2005) to read how she changed the story. They are essentially the same beginning and ending, but the middle is way different! Both are considered the 3rd book in the Rhea Jensen series. Almost like reading a whole other book. There is more action in City Limits and City Limits includes Rhea's missionary who converted her, Andy. I d
Christine Jensen
Oct 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Helping Kay with her first news story as a reporter for a Salt Lake news station, Rhea somehow becomes involved in the investigation of a suicide attempt (which appears to be a frame-up). Just as she starts to put the pieces of the puzzle together, a dark SUV appears outside her home. The men who arrived with the SUV hand her an envelope of money and tell her to stop investigating or they would hurt someone she cares about. Of course, this only serves to intrigue Rhea, who finds ways to investig ...more
April
Nov 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Even though this is book 3 in the Rhea Jensen series it was easy to follow and get into. It is a fun crime novel that moves along quickly. I would like to know more about Rhea and Kay and how they got where they are there are things in this book that give us a little of the past.
Very fast moving and I love Rhea and Kay a wonderful team and true friends who have each others back.

Rhea's love interest, Ty is also a likeable strong character. It will be fun to see where this goes.

Overall, enjoyab
Aspen
Mar 19, 2012 added it
I just finished reading this book today. I think it was Greeeaat! It was really intense, and had mellow parts in it too, and very realistic. This is the third book in the series. I love rheas personality, she doesn't stop at anything, and is blunt. The book is also in Utah, which is cool, well I guess Utah's not my favorite. The book was never boring, even when it wasn't when anyone was in danger. Keeps the attention. If this happened to me, I don't think I could do it, or I would be so stressed ...more
Lydia
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finally got around to reading this publication after having read the original, title Idle Playgrounds, multiple times.

The two version are very different. There are a few scenes that remain the same, but not many. If you don't read this version, you'll be pretty confused/bothered about some inconsistencies between the Idle Playgrounds story and the happenings that are references in the later books in the series.

I'm honestly not sure I really like this version better, but it probably fits the
Elizabeth
Mar 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Buckle UP - this ride is intense! SO much happens, especially in the last few chapters, that you're catching your breath in the end. She reveals more of the heart behindher characters, which packs a serious punch in the end. Pratt delivers a believable nail-biter, a fun, fantastic and harrowing romp, and an ending that busts the story wide open! C'mon books 4, 5, and 6!!! This series (you seriously can't read just one) makes a perfect escape just just about anybody - Get It!
Katy
Oct 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I am a HUGE fan of Sheralyn Pratt, and she did not disappoint in this addition to her series! From the very first page I was gripped... partially by the story, partially because of the characters. I LOVE her characters! Each and every one are so realistic and dynamic! I KNOW them! Or rather people I know who are like those characters! I'm dying to get the next one to find out what's going to happen next! I would recommend to anyone and everyone!!
Brenda
Apr 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: anyone 15 or older.
Recommended to Brenda by: no one
I love this series, but this book was a little disappointing. It became a little convoluted about 2/3 of the way through and I just couldn't take it. I had to struggle through about 75 pages before it got to the good part again

Read the first two books first and then this one. You won't understand half of what's going on if you don't. The first two books moved very quickly as where this one slowed down for awhile. The ended was good.
Susan
May 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a good series--scary, fast moving, a little bit of a love story. Now I have to find the 4th book in the series.

I wish, though, that Bonneville Books would find a good proofreader. There are quite a few left out words, misspelled words, words in the wrong order, etc. in these books. It kind of bugs me.
Elizabeth
Oct 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone taking a plane ride, those in need of a quick-paced engrossing read
I LOVED this new edition of book 3! Pratt's growth as an author shows in her skillful edit of the original, packing a tighter punch while giving even more content to love. She manages to throw us in the middle of all the twists and turns without losing us along the way. It's a Fantastic ride, with a phenomenal ending - Buckle up and start turning the pages!
Orlando
Nov 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH MY!! I kinda liked the first book, the 2nd was really good and this one was just AMAZING!!! It's Thanksgiving and I'm supposed to be with family and I can't quit reading.... I just couldn't put it down today, I read the whole thing in 7 hours... I'm soo glad that I already have the 4th book, so I can jump right into what happens next.... Thanks Sheralyn!
Phyllis
Nov 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-read
Sheralyn Pratt's City Limits is another fun, thriller story about Rhea Jensen. Rhea is a young, tough private detective who is also opening up to the Morman religion. City Limits shows Rhea's growth and also shows the author's growth in producing tight plots.
Gayle
Mar 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
This series is a lot of fast-paced fun! This 3rd book has lots of action and the series seems to be getting more intense. I love the characters. I was a bit confused by the details of the mystery this time and the whole secret society thing, but I can't wait to dive into the next book!
Beth Pearson
I didn't LOVE this book like the first 2 in this series. It seemed like things went too fast and I wasn't really into the story as much as I usually am. Seemed a bit far fetched and I just didn't care about the characters like I usually do.
Peggy
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-fiction, mystery
Really like this series, especially the protagonist who is trying to be a good LDS convert but really struggles. Editing is still an issue though.
Jeannine
Jul 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Plenty of action in this one.
Chris
Feb 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Some fun and exciting stuff, but I wanted more closure with things. I guess that's what happens with a series.
Apr 12, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
enjoyable quick read. looking forward to reading kay'sville to see how Rhea works through her latest issues!
Carol Nicolas
Book 3 in the Rhea Jensen series. Rhea can't leave the crime solving alone. She's about to go after another bad guy with a bite. I loved it. Couldn't put it down.
Ralynn
May 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
once again loved this book. can't wait to read the next one
Kristy
Feb 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Oh how I love this series! Fast cars, sharp dialogue and fun characters.
Val Russell
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Rhea!!! Such a fun character. I love being in her head. For my non-Mormon reader friends don't let the bit of reference to Mormonism keep you from reading this!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I like to keep things light and fun, and believe that life is journey so if you're going to buy a book, your life should better for it. Whether a book I write is intended to help you escape for a few hours or designed to teach you a new skill, I hope you find it unforgettable...in a good way. ;)

Current/Upcoming Titles:
- Pimpernel
- Walk of Infamy
- King of the Friend Zone
- The Kiss that Launched

Rhea Jensen (6 books)
  • City of Angels (Rhea Jensen, #1)
  • Welcome to Stalk Lake City (Rhea Jensen, #2)
  • Kay'sville (Rhea Jensen, #4)
  • Unpleasant Grove (Rhea Jensen, #5)
  • Walk of Infamy (Rhea Jensen #6)