Start by marking “A Cidade de Vidro (Caçadores de Sombras, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Cidade de Vidro (Caçadores de Sombras, #3)

A Cidade de Vidro

(The Mortal Instruments #3)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  729,097 ratings  ·  25,624 reviews
Para salvar a vida da mãe, Clary tem de ir à Cidade de Vidro, o lar ancestral dos Caçadores de Sombras - não a incomoda que a entrada nesta cidade sem autorização seja contra a Lei e que violá-la possa significar a morte. Piorando mais a situação, ela vem a saber que Jace não a quer lá e que Simon foi encarcerado na prisão pelos Caçadores de Sombras que suspeitam de um vam ...more
Published June 8th 2010 by Editora Planeta (first published March 24th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Cidade de Vidro, please sign up.
Rose Herondale
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lila Wayne basically you can easily get the wards down with demon blood. the trick was however that you cannot get a demon inside Alicante. Sebastian was a…morebasically you can easily get the wards down with demon blood. the trick was however that you cannot get a demon inside Alicante. Sebastian was a mastermind mixture of both a nephilim and had a demon. The shadowhunter part of him got him into Alicante without being caught at the entry wards. and his demon blood was handy in order to get the wards down. So....here, valentine's little demon minion.
Also, yah, Clary and Jace not siblings anymore!! Time for more shadowhunter cocktail parties with strawberry faerie drinks!!!(less)

·  729,097 ratings  ·  25,624 reviews

Khurram
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the best of the 3 books I have read so far. Action packed from the beginning to the end. The pages just seem to fly by. Despite the book being just a hair under 500 pages I kept looking at he page numbers and 10 to 20 pages had gone by at a time.

After Clary's display of power the Clave is interested to talk to her, Jace after his experience with the Inquisitor does not trust the Claves motives, and is determined to stop her from visiting the City of Glass. This book Valentine launches t
Rinoa Heartilly
Cara
Aug 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cara by: Tori & Victoria
I had begun reading this laying down and drinking the words in steadily but before I knew it I was sitting on the edge of the sofa and forcing to keep up my eyes focused enough not to move too far ahead. I promised myself I wasn't going to write a spoiler review though I really wanted to. Without giving spoilers I can't stress how much a certain line did this or what took me by surprise but y'all are just going to have to read it to feel and see what I felt.

EVERYTHING is finally explained. Tha
Caz (littlebookowl)
At this point I'm most likely not going to continue with the Mortal Instruments series. Sometime in the future I might, but for now I'm leaving it here.
jessica
reasons i have continued this series:
- gotta do it before i can read 'the infernal devices,' which i have been told is life affirming.
- gotta do it before i can meet will herondale.
- gotta do it because im a perfectionist who hates quitting things.

NOT reasons i have continued this series:
- because i am head over heels in love with it.

i sighed so hard after finishing this book that, i swear, it was heard across the world. why am i not loving this like everyone else?! there has to be something w
Danielle.
***LAST AND FINAL EDIT (JANUARY 19, 2014): I'm no longer replying to the people commenting on this review. People still don't seem to understand my warning stating "if you loved this series, don't read this." If you're going ignore THAT then I'm simply going to ignore your comment. It will not be read by me.***

Also, you may want to read through the comments before commenting. Chances are, what you're about to write may have already been stated.
_________________________________________________
Candace
The further I get into this series, the more I enjoy it! I'm enthralled with the stories of these young characters in this paranormal world. With every book, the plot thickens and another layer of the mystery unfolds.

This third book had many tests, turns and revelations. Some, I expected and some were completely surprising to me. All of them pulled me deeper into this story and left me craving more.

Action was also plentiful in this book. An epic battle ensues that will keep you wondering what w
Rose
After all that's been going on with Cassie Clare lately I can't have this on my page anymore. Sorry peeps!
Melanie

1.) City of Bones ★★★
2.) City of Ashes ★★

Friends, I did it! I read the whole trilogy! Over a decade late, but aren’t you proud? And more importantly, I can finally move on to TID with Clockwork Angel! And I am so hyped, because I know this is the start of the series that you all really love! And I hope I do, too! And I got really excited seeing some names that I’ve vaguely seen you all scream about!

“Each tomb looked like a little house; some even had metal or wire gates, and the names of Shad
Chelsea Humphrey
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chelsea by: Emma Giordano
I really enjoyed the wrap up of this "phase" of The Mortal Instruments. I had heard varied opinions on the ending, how some people felt the pay off didn't hold a candle to the amount of detailing and set up required to get there, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, probably because I was expecting (view spoiler) but instead we get (view spoiler) ...more
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 If loving you is wrong I don't wanna be right Stars

photo kevin_damn_good_zpsolbmfoja.gif

* Major Spoilers ahead*

“I told you he’d freak out,” she said. “Didn’t I?” “Ah, the ‘I told you so,’” Jace said. “Always a classy move.”-Izzy and Jace

OMG this book was so awesome. So many things happened in this book. It was like an explosion of events. Jace and Clary my God they suffer so much. I felt so bad for their struggles. Loving each other, thinking they're brother and sister and their love is wrong. But the part where they sleep la
Hamad
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review and other non-spoilery reviews can be found @The Book Prescription

Actual Rating: 3.75 stars

“People aren’t born good or bad. Maybe they’re born with tendencies either way, but it’s the way you live your life that matters.”

🌟 I finished my first CC trilogy, I am proud of myself and I am not disappointed. If she keeps getting better then I am pretty sure she will have a spot among my fav authors soon.

🌟 There is something strange about Cassie’s writing, it is not so poetic and flowery an
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
This is a re-read from a long time ago with this beautiful new edition of the book!

It has been so long since I read this book I forgot a lot of things that happened. I only remembered bits and pieces. The sad parts and really happy parts. . . .

Clary did get on my nerves a wee bit, I wonder if she did the first time I read it. But, I still like her for who she is and her love of her family and stuff.

OMG, and the revelations at the end! I can't even. Okay, so I read the first three books in thi
Pearl Angeli
Reread: January, 2016
1st Read : July, 2014

description

This installment could be the best ending if Cassandra Clare didn't do the City of Fallen Angels. Everything I am looking for in a sequel (and finale) is already here. Extraordinary plotline and pacing, engaging characters that continue to get better as the series go by, and the vividly captivating description of Idris. This book is too powerful and well-packed with action and each chapter gets edgier. There were also more revelations here and new chara
Marcy Jo
It goes without saying that I am a lover of books. Stories, characters, and delicious prose...well...these are things that I throw myself into. My shelves are filled with countless books that i have read and loved, stories that I have enjoyed reading.
I have never enjoyed reading a book as much as I enjoyed this one. Never.

It's a scary thing when you get to the final book in a series or trilogy that you particularly care about. There's a certain amount of apprehension involved,correlating directl
Reader-ramble
Feb 04, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one. Run why you still can.
Recommended to Reader-ramble by: Doing a book challenge. Regretting it.
FINALLY! It's over! I'm done with the original Mortal Instruments trilogy, and it feels so good.

Now, before I begin, I will be courteous enough to inform you all that the following review is filled with whining, griping, and spoilers. If you love anything about this series, read at your own peril. I am not responsible for any strong feelings that my ravaging of these books trigger.

Before you read this, please read my reviews of City of Bones and City of Ashes because I will be most likely refere
Ashley Nuckles
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seriously one of the best books in the series, there's no doubt.
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
Wow. I am absolutely speechless. City of Glass was indescribably epic. This was, hands down, my favorite book in the series so far. Cassandra Clare has truly outdone herself.

City of Glass was just so action-packed from beginning to end that I was literally grasping anything I could put my hands on to keep me from jumping out of my seat from excitement.

THIS is the series that everyone has been raving about.
THIS is the Cassandra Clare that everyone loves.

With that being said, I've official
P
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult

City of Glass should be the end of this series. I can't believe how I enjoyed this book beyond my expectation. Clary and Jace finally end up and figure their problems out while Alec and Magnus are much more than just flirtatious, they made my heart flutter all the time. Valentine is likewise out of the shadow and does many things to poss
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
#1 City of Bones ★★★★☆
#2 City of Ashes ★★★☆☆
#3 City of Glass ★★★★☆
#4 City of Fallen Angels ★★★★★
#5 City of Lost Souls ★★★★★
#6 City of Heavenly Fire

A lot of people told me that the series picked up with book three, and I have to say that those people were absolutely right—this was an easy 4.5-star read and I almost rounded up to 5, even. The pacing was better than the first two books, the character development was delightful, and all of the delicious angst and romance and fighting that Cassie wr
Chris Horsefield
I couldn't have asked for a better ending. I got everything I wanted. I don't want to summarize the book, I'll leave that to others, but I will say that there are some heartbreakingly beautiful scenes in this book. The characters became more developed and more endearing, especially Jace. His sarcastic wit is certainly present in this book; however, he is no longer hiding behind his carefully constructed facade. His torment over Clary is glaringly obvious from the first chapter.

I noticed that ano
Beth
4 Stars!

Buddy read with The Salty One :')

I'm late. I know... this was supposed to go up however long ago but I've been so busy I haven't had time D: anyway here we go!

So this isn't my favourite book of TMI, the first section of the book goes so slowly for me for some reason and it took a bit of time for me to get myself fully emerged into the book, however once I got past that I was invested! Although saying that, the first chapter started off intense and I was there for it!

The story really does
Emma Giordano
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
hi i've obviously read this book a million times i'm just adding it to my "read" for this year
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
WOW. Don't mind me guys just feeling all da feels rn
˗ˏˋliaˎˊ˗
“you could have had anything else in the world, and you asked for me.”

july 2019:
thank you, city of glass gods, for helping me get out of my reading slump that lasted for two whole months and almost killed me. though that also took a bit, because the first third ish of this book is quite slow but once it picks up! man! the second half is soo incredibly good. it’s super fast paced, the character development is beautiful, the conflicts and resolutions are amazing! honestly, there’s not much more
kazually
anytime Clary and Jace are talking
description

honestly everything about this book annoyed me so much. everyone seemed so stupid and useless and there were so many clues that they completely missed. (can i mention that the clues were really emphasized so it was like the book pretty much was telling me everything and i had to read like, 100 pages before the characters found out about it. was agony. also, everyone is really impulsive and it always ends up with them going off alone but then getting their useles
Katie
Continuing my buddy reread with Beth! (I am so sorry I am a failure with creative names lol) Once again, I barely remembered any of the story (things I remembered actually came from the TV show but then it just confused me because of how different the show and the books are 😂) so it was really nice getting to read this as if I were reading for the first time!

City of Glass is definitely my fave The Mortal Instruments so far. A large part of that is because the Jace/Clary/Simon love triangle is fi
Zoë
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good, so very very good! My favorite book in the series so far! It was a surprisingly fast read when I was finally able to just sit down and read. It was such a satisfying ending as well and I can't wait until I get my hands on the next one!
Vivianne
5++++ stars!

description

Okay I’m hooked. The previous books where good, but not spectacular and gripping like this one. It was everything I hoped it would be and I loved every single word in this. Some things broke my heart and others made me so intensely happy. The characters have grown so much, the amount of action in this book is insane, the plot was out of this world! I’m just going to sit here and listen the book all over again. Oh and cry. This is going to be on my favorites list!!!!
Note: Listened to
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question F 7 8 Apr 07, 2019 05:28AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question K 6 4 Apr 06, 2019 05:08PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question P 5 5 Apr 06, 2019 11:28AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question O 3 4 Apr 06, 2019 11:27AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question M 5 5 Apr 06, 2019 11:24AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question L 3 4 Apr 06, 2019 11:24AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question J 5 5 Apr 06, 2019 11:17AM

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Demon's Covenant
  • Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)
  • The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4)
  • Whispers at Moonrise (Shadow Falls, #4)
  • Darkness Falls (Immortal Beloved, #2)
  • Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • Foretold (The Demon Trappers, #4)
  • Prey (Shifters, #4)
  • Darkest Hour (The Mediator, #4)
  • Speak
  • Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
  • Stargazer
  • Night World, No. 2 (Night World, #4-6)
  • Sirensong (Faeriewalker, #3)
  • The Seventh Daughter (Faerie Path, #3)
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

The Mortal Instruments (6 books)
  • City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
  • City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)
  • City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)
  • City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)
  • City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)
“There is no pretending," Jace said with absolute clarity. "I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then.” 19781 likes
“And now I’m looking at you,” he said, “and you’re asking me if I still want you, as if I could stop loving you. As if I would want to give up the thing that makes me stronger than anything else ever has. I never dared give much of myself to anyone before – bits of myself to the Lightwoods, to Isabelle and Alec, but it took years to do it – but, Clary, since the first time I saw you, I have belonged to you completely. I still do. If you want me.” 9978 likes