Start by marking “Silent Night (Silent Night, #1: Fear Street Super Chillers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Silent Night (Silent Night, #1: Fear Street Super Chillers, #2)

Silent Night

(Silent Night #1)

Welcome to Fear Street.

Don’t listen to the stories they tell you about Fear Street. Wouldn’t you rather explore it yourself…and see if its dark terrors and unexplained mysteries are true? You’re not afraid, are you?

Don’t open that present!

If only Reva Dalby had listened to that warning.

But beautiful, cold Reva won’t listen to anyone. Reva thinks she can have whatever—and w
Published November 1st 1991 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Silent Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silent Night

Grady Hendrix
Nov 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
R.L. Stine has written a lot of books set at Christmas, so why can't he write a satisfying Christmas book?
Steph [They/Them] (Wickedjr Reads)
Reva starts out as such a bitch, but I enjoyed seeing why she was that way and her character arc. I didn't guess who was doing what, the mean jokes, the murder...so that was nice. Really enjoyed it over-all.
Latasha
I can't decide on 3.5 or 4.
I read this in my youth but all I could remember was Reva is rich and sweaters. Ugh Reva! Karma is going to smack her one day and it won't be pretty. I didn't remember who was the bad guy in the story and there was some surprises along the way. this is my 2nd favorite out of the fear street books I've re-read so far. (missing is #1, it's bat shit crazy and has everything in it!)
Alex
I remember this particular Fear Street being among my favorites as a kid, but I don't know why. Reading it again now was definitely fun; I honestly miss these books. They may be simplistic, but they just don't make them like this anymore.

This is the second book I've read so far since I decided to re-read my "horror series" childhood favorites, and once again I only had vague memories. It was kind of nice to not remember how this would end!
Justin Tate
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just as good as I remember!
Leigha
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 The second half saved the book for me. Pretty predictable overall, but maybe because I am used to R L Stine's formula. The first half was slow and boring, at least for me.
Donna
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it
SILENT NIGHT is about a morally repugnant girl named Reva who does shitty things to others and has cruel jokes played on her in return. Can’t say I feel bad for her. From her casual disregard to anyone else’s well-being except her own, her lack of caring in doing her job, openly playing with the relationships of others, and her overwhelming selfishness, Reva’s pretty much an impossible character to like. Of course she’s practically the main character.

There’s also Pam, Reva’s cousin, who Reva shi
Kelly
Dec 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
If you've seen Riverdale, picture Cheryl Blossom in the lead role of Reva Dalby in Silent Night: an evil, spoiled, rich redhead wrecking havoc on her friends' lives - and then being messed with in return. The book was ridiculous; over-the-top; and filled with unlikable characters. Not a good holiday read. Not a good read at all! Although I could see it as a Christmas sub-plot in Riverdale.
Alex findingmontauk1
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Eeek! This book is proof that I need to take a trip to Fear Street for more nostalgia fun once I complete my tour of the original Goosebumps series! I mean it starts out with a tiny sharp razor blade in someone's lipstick... YES!
The Kawaii Slartibartfast
Reva is just too cartoonishly mean to deserve a redemption arc.
Liliana
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

Oh snobby, rich girl Reva Dalby. Just because her daddy owns the chain of Dalby Department stores, she thinks she’s above everyone else, treating them all like sh*t. Even her own cousin Pam. She’s definitely earned the wrath of many people with her actions. One of those people has decided to take revenge on the spoiled brat. But what starts off as pranks, soon turn more sinister. More deadly. Horrifying things keep happening to Reva. Someone is trying to scare her
Ashley Ehlers
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tbr
Originally posted on Paranormal Sisters: http://paranormalsisters.blogspot.com...

Reva is the type of character I don't see much in the main characters I read so it was interesting to read behind the eyes of a bully. Though I'm not sure she truly learned anything, hence the sequel, but as all the pieces fell together and she saw the error in her ways, I really enjoyed this book!

I wasn't expecting to read from two different point of views, which is why it kind of throw me off a little. There were
Lauri
Oct 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult, mystery
Lydia wanted to read this and I told her I wanted to read it first. While I enjoy a good murder-mystery, I did NOT enjoy this. The main character is stuck-up, cruel and a bully. While her character does change in the end, it is not until the last, very brief chapter. The other characters are all vindictive and seek revenge on those who have wronged them. I prefer not to have my kids read about murder, criminal activity, and cruelty in such a pointless story. I think there is MUCH better literatu ...more
Katy H
Jun 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It's a good bet that at some point, I read most of R.L. Stine's books (though I do have a hard time remembering each and every one). I distinctly remember Silent Night though! I must've read this one a zillion times - yes, I rounded up. I also may have exaggerated just a bit. But I definitely read this one a lot.
Kate
Jul 13, 2008 rated it liked it
The most memorable scene from this book (for me) was when the main character, a snotty rich girl who works at a department store, pulls out her lipstick to apply it and gashes her lip open because someone stuck a needle in it. Lots of creepy scenes in the mall after closing with manniquins and stuff.
Gretchen
This book had nothing to do with Fear Street at all. I loved the Fear Street books as a kid, and thought I remembered that a lot of the spooky stuff always happened on Fear street. Because of that I was a bit disappointed. 2.5 stars. 2 for the story and 1/2 for the nostalgic value.
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
Wow, these books seemed so much more sophisticated in middle school. Now they read like nothing more than an episode of Scooby Doo.
Ella
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read this with my mom! It’s from her old collection of fear street books. Was so good and scary! Can’t wait to read more with her!
yyyasmin
RL Stine (well, his earlier works like this book anyway) >>>>>> Scream Queens just sayin
Gary Butler
May 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
31st book read in 2016.

Number 424 out of 524 on my all time book list. (2nd time read)

Review Pending:
DAISY DISNEY
I remember reading this one in Junior High.... Don't recall the story too much just that i think Santa was out committing murders
kylajaclyn
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm starting to doubt RL's ability to write women. This one features Pam, a girl who hangs out with two very stupid teen boys, and Reva, a girl worse than Regina George and Jessica Wakefield combined. Reva is our pro/antagonist. I don't know why all of the Silent Night books feature a kidnapping or break-in, but they do. Also they make me never want to visit a department store at night again.

So Reva has no discernible human emotions. She plays pranks on her "friends." She breaks up with her boy
Emme
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really, really enjoyed this book! It's only the second Fear Street book I've read, (The other is Final Grade) and I didn't want to put it down!

The story is that it's Christmas 1991, and rich girl Reva's father is hiring teens for his department store. Reva decides to have a little (mean spirited) fun with this, including but not limited to, humiliating her class mates and stealing someone's boyfriend away. Someone obviously decides they've had enough, and starts pranking Reva back, although
Ginger Woods
Jun 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: bo-read
Wow, just as always with R.L. Stine, I did not see that ending coming!

I really thought this story was going to be all about trying to get back at Reva, because that chick is just, horrid.

I don't believe that (view spoiler).

A needle? Ouch. And the way he just put (view spoiler)

I definitely wanted to see Reva get what was comi
Chelsea Gouin
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Re-Read.
Reva Dalby is a brat, she's cold-hearted and spoiled...all because her father owns Dalby department store. But Shadyside isn't so forgiving of Reva's antics. Some sick pranks are pulled on her, a bloody mannequin head...a needle in her lipstick...and eventually a dead body. After a robbery gone wrong, Reva knows she's in trouble but can't stop the horrors from happening in the department store. Quite a Christmas!
R.L Stine said this book was one of his two favorites he's ever penned and
Daniel Stalter
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Silent Night was an enjoyable and surprisingly complex read. Reva Dalby is a really fun character to hate, her cousin Pam serves as the real protagonist, and the who-done-it mystery kept me guessing right up until the end. While I would consider the book more of a crime/suspense story than a true horror, the book set some high stakes and delivered some very really consequences to its characters. I can see why R. L. Stine likes writing Reva; she’s essentially Regina George before Regina George, o ...more
Megan
Jun 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday, young-adult
Book 1 in the Silent Night Trilogy

I was hoping for better.

Reva is the main character, she is absolutely mean and pretty horrible. She has no friends and goes through boyfriends as quickly as you can blink. Reva's father owns Dalby's department store. Reva gives out jobs to the boys she likes. However, someone is angry at Reva. She starts receiving horrible gifts. The question is who is doing it when everyone hates Reva?

This was just an okay story. I couldn't give more stars because the main cha
StacyLynn StacyLynn
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I picked some of these books up for my daughter (12 years) and was looking for a light Christmas themed read when I came across this one. Back in the day (middle school and early high school) R.L. Stine books seemed more complex and exciting. Now we just have some generic characters, none of which are even likable. Too many villians in this story to pick from but I do have to say the ending and the real culprit was a little bit of a surprise. It's a light-read kind of book (unless your 10). It w ...more
JC
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
I remember enjoying this when I was ten. Revisiting it as an adult was rough. The surprise twists aren't that surprising at all, it suffers from too many villains, none of the characters are worth rooting for, and a lot of it is just padding. It could have been cut by 50 pages to bring it to regular Fear Street length and not suffered for it. This book confirms that Stine has no idea how humans react to things.
Read my full recap at http://ogwnostalgia.wordpress.com/sil...
The Reading Writing Puppet
I read this when I was like 12, and apparently, I had forgotten half the storyline. Lol. I still liked this 25 years later. Although, I didn't realized Stine had/has a habit of writing very mean, conceded, spoiled female characters. I never noticed it when I was younger. Hmmm.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Chiller Manufacturer in Kolkata 1 1 Nov 24, 2018 08:02AM
Around the Year i...: Silent Night, by R.L. Stine 1 18 Dec 27, 2015 04:28AM

• The Immortal
  • April Fools (Point Horror, #7)
  • Prom Dress
  • Snow (Losing Christina, #2)

R. L. Stine b

Silent Night (3 books)
  • Silent Night 2 (Silent Night, #2: Fear Street Super Chiller, #5)
  • Silent Night 3 (Silent Night, #3: Fear Street Super Chiller, #3)