Start by marking “The Trust (Secret Society, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Trust (Secret Society, #2)

The Trust (Secret Society #2)

3.3  ·  Rating details ·  298 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Who can you trust when everything is secrets and lies?

It's a new semester at the Chadwick School, and even with the ankh tattoos that brand them, Phoebe, Nick, Lauren, and Patch are hoping for a fresh start. Each day, however, they are reminded of their membership as new Conscripts in the Society. The secret group that promised to help them achieve their every dream has in
Published February 1st 2011 by Katherine Tegen Books

Kristy
Aug 11, 2010 rated it it was ok
It's probably not a good sign when you start to read 2 other books in the middle of one (this one to be particular). This book just didn't hold my attention like book #1. All of the magic seemed to be missing.
This reminded me too much of Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz, with all the New York scenery and branding. I really don't care that you are wearing Vera Wang or whatever!!!!

In this one, Dolby didn't focus on "the Society" so much as all of our main characters wanting to get out of it. In my opinion, the story would have
Airaology
Jun 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
AHHH, I don't know why there's such a negativity going around with this book. Firstly, it's like, inspired, in a sense, about all the secret societies in the world (like skull and bones, illuminati. I'm not saying you should or should not believe in it) and how they control the major things, ie media and such. So really you want to make fun of the book then DONT READ IT because the name itself is pretty damn clear.

That being said, I enjoyed this because it's different from other young adult/myst
Gmr
Jan 18, 2011 added it
It's a new year and a new world for the freshly minted class of initiates. We catch up with Phoebe, Nick, Lauren, and Patch just after their little "party" on Isis Island with the Society, setting out in their new roles as Conscripts...and tensions are running high. As much as they like the opportunities that have been handed to them, they have come to a very important decision....they want OUT. Two deaths, their silence, and their obedience in exchange for a world of opportunity; the price they ...more
Janelle Dazzlepants
Mary (BookHounds)
LOVED IT

I enjoyed this one much more that the first in this series. There is a lot more suspense and action with a few twists and turns that really kept my attention and I finished this in a little over 5 hours. Does that tell you something? Of course, this one ended with a bit of an open end so I am sure there is another one in the works which I would love to read. I am sorry that this review is vague, but I can't discuss it without giving up details of the plot, so I am just going to say that
Diana
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spoiler
Cassandra Nelson and Captain Daniel Fritz attend a swanky soiree in a Pacific Heights mansion of a local politician, only to discover later that a murder occurred during the course of the party. Dan is the lead detective on the case. Several more husbands are murdered at Pacific Heights parties with their wedding bands missing, prompting the police to announce that it is the work of a serial killer.
Rosa
Aug 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011, young-adult, mystery
In the second Secret Society book NIck's grandfather tells him that there is a way out of the society and that if him and his friends can solve the puzzle he gives them then they will be able to get out. Nick and his friends eventually solve the puzzle and more secrets are revealed about the Bell families' connection to Patch's family. While they work on they work on the puzzle, Phoebe, Lauren and Thad try to extricate themselves from the society by missing meetings but they are quickly punished ...more
Pamela Hubbard
In the second book of the "Secret Society" series, the four main characters deal with the revelations that occurred at the annual retreat, where they officially became conscripts of the society. The whole aim of this book was for them to get out of the Society, and a surprising opportunity for this presents itself in the form of Nick's grandfather. The group (now called the "Infidels") go on random hunts to find clues to free them from the talons of the Society.
This book fell flat. It lacked the
Christian
Mar 02, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle
I found this novel to be quite disappointing. Of course, the worst part about my disappointment was that it didn't even meet my extremely low expectations. For starters, there was no further development with the characters from the first novel. On top of that, the world wasn't explored any further, so my motive for reading was nullified. And the plot was shallow. So shallow. There was no depth. Which is unfortunate, because it could have been so, so good. I believe it was a mistake for the autho ...more
Bewitched Bookworms
Jan 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-posted
The tension is DEFINITELY ratcheted up in this sequel, and it makes the book fly by all the faster.

It was sad though, that as our core group is trying to find their way out of the Society, the relationships that were so important to them in the first book start to suffer. Ah...the angst that must come with the second book in a series!

Read the full review here.
Mikayla
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I was so mad when I finished Secret Society, because I
thought it ended to fast and now I am so excited to read this when is
comes out in February 2011!!!!!!!!!

This novel was really great, and I'm wondering if there's another book next, because other wise I will be incredibly angry. Because, this ending blew my socks off.
Colleen
Jan 18, 2011 rated it it was ok
An improvement over Secret Society as I'm starting to care about the characters and the plot was tighter (so really = 2.5 Stars), but still not a series that I find to be that engrossing given the wealth of options out there. Still, if a third book is ever released, I would likely read it just to find out what happens.
Ellen
May 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Book 2 in a gossip girl/blue bloods read-a-like series. The plotting is convoluted, but moves along well enough for this kind of fluff. Curiously, in addition to the four intermingled hetero teens, the author throws in a single gay character. At first I thought he was doomed to die, but he managed to survive, albiet outside of the major plots until the end. Curious.
Artemis (The Artemis Reader)
0 stars.

Read about 20 pages and was just not enticed. The writing is probably my biggest problem with this book. It was just so hard to get into the story line and the characters. Secret Society was a little better paced, but the writing was still sub-par.

Would not recommend.
April Leonard
The Trust is just as fun and exciting as the first book of the series. I enjoyed the twists and turns the characters experience as they try to solve the mysteries of the Society. Thank you GoodReads for the advance copy of this cool book.
One Pushy Fox
Jan 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
This book was almost impossible for me to put down. This is a well crafted and well written story, one that should be on everyone's reading list!

Read my full review at Bewitched Bookworms.
Ashley
0 stars.

Would not recommend.
Michelle
Dec 28, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-read
I won this book on Goodreads
When I found out I won this book I instantly went out to get The Secret Society. My sister, reading it first, said that it was amazing, but sadly I disagreed. I didn't like switching POV the entire novel. I thought things happened too fast for my enjoyment.
Janesnextdoor
May 24, 2013 rated it liked it
It was just ok. Dragged on a bit and didn't feel like it went anywhere in the end. If there are more in this series, I will give them a pass.
Cindy
Mar 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
The web has become more tangled. I like the characters' dynamics .
Julie
Jun 08, 2010 rated it liked it
2nd book in series and review to come
Gabrielle Carolina
Sep 07, 2010 rated it did not like it
Meh? Blah? I can't find a word. I have no emotion.

I cannot remember a word of this... and I finished it mere hours ago.

Worse then the first one and that review still stands.

Long Review TK.
Juanisa
Nov 08, 2012 rated it liked it
gantung.. beteks
Rachel
Aug 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I love these books. This one was even better than the first.
Jenn
Apr 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
starts out slow but then you hit the jackpot and can't put it down. hope he writes another one now!
Tracey
Jun 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a great series. But is that it? Just the 2 books? I hope there's more since they left it with a twist at the end. If not it's still a good read.
Tia
Not happy with the ending...nothing was resolved. Is there a third book coming anytime soon?
Puti
Feb 12, 2011 rated it liked it
I hope there'll be sequel of this book!
John Dedio
Sep 03, 2015 rated it liked it
This was NOT a good book, although I read it right to the end. I just didn't have a minus star in my rating guide to give it.
Jen
Nov 18, 2011 rated it liked it
These books suck. The first one was interesting enough to keep my attention but the second one seemed rushed, predictable and cliche. I will not read a third, if there ever is one.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Haunted (Dreaming Anastasia, #2)
  • Rules to Rock By
  • And Then I Found Out the Truth
  • The Locket
  • Kiss of Death (Scarlett Wakefield, #4)
  • Another Pan (The Marlowe School, #2)
  • Wishful Thinking (Wish, #2)
  • The Discovery (Ghost Huntress, #5)
  • So Shelly
  • Exile (Aurelia, #2)
  • Rose Sees Red
  • The Haunted Ebook
  • Raven's Quest
  • Fury of the Phoenix (Kingdom of Xia, #2)
  • One Hundred Candles (Past Midnight, #2)
  • Red Moon Rising
  • Dog House: A Love Story
  • Dark Moon (Wereling, #2)
Tom Dolby's new series from HarperCollins, Secret Society, debuted in October 2009, and includes the novels Secret Society and The Trust. Tom is the author of the bestselling novel The Trouble Boy and the boarding school novel The Sixth Form. His writing has appeared in The New York Times, The Village Voice, and the San Francisco Chronicle. Tom was born in London and raised in San Francisco, and i ...more
More about Tom Dolby

Secret Society (2 books)
  • Secret Society (Secret Society, #1)

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
  • The Odds of Loving Grover Cleveland
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Darkness Brutal (The Dark Cycle #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Poisonwell (Whispers from Mirrowen, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Secondborn (Secondborn, #1)
  • Hate List
    $8.99 $1.99
  • I Funny: A Middle School Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Time's Edge (The Chronos Files, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Brazen (Gilded #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Girl in the Shadows (Cirque American #2)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • How to Train Your Dragon
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99