Start by marking “Mesmerized (Phantom Corps, #2; Federation Chronicles, #4)” as Want to Read:
Mesmerized (Phantom Corps, #2; Federation Chronicles, #4)

Mesmerized (Phantom Corps #2)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  837 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
The national bestselling author of Insatiable turns up the heat with her latest sizzling adventure.

Published April 5th 2011 by Berkley Trade (first published February 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Mesmerized, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mesmerized

Holly
January 2012 - I decided kick off the new year with a reread. I enjoyed this even more the second time. Piper is seriously kickass.

Dane usually writes solid characters, but these were some of her best. I adored Piper. I know I can be really hard on heroines, but she embodied everything I love in a strong female lead. Andrei was the perfect counterpoint for her. He let her keep her independence, and supported her physically and emotionally. But for all he gave, he took just as much in return. Th
MaggieReadsRom
Jul 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Memorable Scenes:
- Piper and Carey discussing Andrei > loved Andrei's reaction to it, also deepened Andrei's characterization
- table smexing scene > HOT!

Andrei Solace is a Phantom Corps operative. He’s a man of few words with an explosive temper. He’s unflappable, private, defiant and honorable. Andrei intrigued me from the moment I met him in Insatiable and I am happy to see him get his HEA with a heroine that was perfect for him.

Piper Roundtree to me was a breath of fresh air, storming
Lori
Feb 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing

I enjoyed the hell out of this book. I loved the opening, which gave us insight into who Andrei is, was, and can become. I loved his camaraderie with his teammates. Loved how he cared for Piper. And like so many spec ops guys, he felt he wasn't good enough for her. But he so was! In so many little ways, he showed his love for Piper & her brothers, as well as his heroism and selflessness with his efforts to help them save their home and 'Verse.

It takes a lot for me to love a heroine.
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under The Covers Book Blog.

Andrei... Andrei... Andrei... YOU SEXY BEAST! There is nothing I like more than a hot, intense, alpha male! And Andrei is all that and then some. Now if we could only get him to admit he has a future with Piper.

I thought Andrei was a sexy as hell in the previous book, so I couldn't wait to get my hands on his story. I enjoyed the beginning where it actually gives us a small glimpse as to how he became a part of the Phantom Corps, and where he
Jess
Feb 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantica, 2012
This is considered the second book in the Phantom Corps series but it's also an extension of the Federation Chronicles series that starts with the book Undercover. In my mind it's all part of the same series, not sure why it's listed as two different.

Anyway, this book was about Andrei who we meet in the book Insatiable. He was definitely one of those bad boy characters who try hard to keep people at arm's length for their own safety. Has the potential of being really annoying, but Andrei was wri
It seems that an editor or someone gave Ms. Dane a thesaurus from Regency England and said, here: Use this. The following words were used: kip, wanton, rogue, rake, abode, and more. I'll add others as I remember them. There was nothing really likeable about Piper, she was an idiot, she was childish, and I just wanted to smack her around. She totally discounted everything Andrei said, EVERYTHING. She felt like she knew best and didn't have to listen to anything he said about WHAT HE'S BEEN DOING ...more
Vic
Really enjoyed this addition to the Phantom Corps series. Loved Piper who had a lot of spunk and was very open and honest about her affection. Loved the fact that this relationship essentially started when they were kids and that the years they spent separated didn't put a dent in the young love they felt for each other. Looking forward to next book in series.
Lynette
Mar 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Review coming, when I stop being lazy. But I loved it.
Shari
Dec 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Full review at http://www.delightedreader.com/posts/...

I fell into reading the Federation Chronicles series a month ago and it hooked me instantly. Dealing with topics I shy away from, I was curious about why I liked the series so much. My conclusion was the characters and not necessarily the environment they came from. In this futuristic/sci-fi series it feels like we abandoned Earth or at least a lot of the population left. There isn’t much background as to why people left, or why a new govern
Dark Faerie Tales
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-by-kiwi
Review Courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: This is a book I seriously think you should read.

Opening Sentence: “Sir, you can’t go in there!”

The Review:

I don’t know what to say about this one, how much to tell you, the things you need to know that will make you want to read this book. But what I do know is how I want you to feel about this book. I want you to go read it.

This series takes place well into our future, during a time when we’ve apparently figured out the whole space travel
Bookaholics
Mar 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Mesmerized by Lauren Dane
Paranormal Romance - April 5th, 2011
4 stars

Mesmerized is Lauren Dane's third erotic futuristic which is part of the Federation series. It involves the mysterious Phantom Corps. The Phantom Coprs are a special group of elite soldiers that work in very dangers situations against the evil and domineering Imperial regime. Although connected to the prior two novels it can be easily be read by itself.

As a member of the Phantom Corps, Andrei Solace has finally found purpos
T.J. Michaels
Aug 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege of reading an ARC of Lauren Dane's Mesmerized. Of all the Federation Chronicles 'verse books written by Lauren Dane, Relentless was my favorite...until now.

We met a hottie named Andrei Solace in the previous Phantom Corps novel, Insatiable. Mesmerized is Andrei's story.

This man is emotionally deep. We already know he's a bad ass, but there's so much more to Andrei. I love the way the author peels back the layers and exposes his strengths and vulnerabilities a bit at a time.
holly quigley
Jul 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, space-opera
The writing in Mesmerized is pretty solid. I was really impressed with the fact that there was so much showing instead of telling, despite the fact that there was quite a bit of back history between the hero and heroine.

Where things went from 5 stars to 3 were when, about 2/3 of the way in, I began to get this sense that there just wasn't enough movement in the story's tension itself. Remember those graphs we had to draw in school, reflecting the plot development / narrative tension in a story?
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I was starting to loose hope with the Federation/Phantom corps series after the last couple of Federation ones. The first one was my favourite one and it still is my favourite. However, Mesmerized is a close second. I love Andrei. I wasn't looking forward to his story as he was such a taciturn character in all the previous sightings. In his book, we learn about his past. Each new tidbit of his past makes him more admirable and lovable. The way he changed his life when he was given an opportunity ...more
Kathy
Jul 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, sci-fi, action
Brandy *Ahviel*
Feb 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Andrei Solace delivers death on silent feet as an assassin for the Phantom Corps. Mercenary Piper Roundtree thought she was over him. But against the backdrop of an impending war, their passion is rekindled. Now the lovers must join forces- in more ways than one-to save the Known Universe before the Imperialist enemy hurls it into irreversible chaos..

So reading these out of order has not changed my view that you can read them in order or out of order. This book was amazing. I have to say that ha
Darcy
Sep 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Andrei was such an enigma in the last book, I was excited to read more about him in this one. It was interesting to read about his background and how Elis basically saved him. He has really come a long way from then. I loved how Andrei kept his roots in his mind by sending credits back home all these years, even if he couldn't see those he loved.

I loved how Piper and Andrei were childhood sweethearts. Piper mentioned a couple of times how she claimed Andrei when she was 8, how cute is that. She
Carole-Ann
May 07, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, hot-m-f
Not as 'hot' as some of the previous novels in this series, but a good story nevertheless.

Dane keeps her world-build in place, and skates over any high-tech description, so it's easy to forget this is a space-opera story.
Andrei is the strong-silent-hero still in love with Piper Roundtrees whom he left (but not because he wanted to) 11 years previously. Piper has always loved Andrei Solace, and their separation has made her grow in strength and determination.

This is the story of them getting toge
Kendra
Feb 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jerr-review
"... Ms. Dane has a way of saturating the smexy in beyond satisfying ways....the characters are well developed and believable, and the story is very entertaining. Mesmerized is a super smexy futuristic romance that will have you clamoring for more. Ms. Dane is a must-read for me along with the rest of the Phantom Corps series!..."

Review completed for Just Erotic Romance Reviews (JERR) - Please visit their site for the full review. Book provided by JERR.
Jo
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
So boring. The main heroine, Piper, was so clingy in her relationship with Andrei, that I felt suffocated. Then there's Andrei, who uses the most gag worthy lines when he's sleeping with Piper. Lauren has been pretty much hit and miss with this series, so I plan to read on to book three, Captivated.
Michelle K
Apr 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-read
Andrei Solace and Piper Roundtree's book

In the title on Goodreads it reads "Mesmerized (Phantom Corp#2). Not entirely sure why because this is the 4th book. There may be a reason but in case anyone is interested let me list the books in order on my review site.

Lela
I really like Dane's storytelling and I'm enjoying her Federation world, but this one didn't grab me like the Federation Chronicles series. Still I’m looking forward to the next book in this Phantom Corps series.
Vee
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: close-favorites
Andrei and Piper were a fun and exciting couple! I loved how well they worked together and the love they shared. I hurt for her toward the ending, and I'm glad Andrei is there for her. Together they were amazing and I look forward to seeing more of them.
Tory Michaels
Nov 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was a little confused by the setting because I didn't realize there were other books in the series. Now that I know there are, I'll probably go back and find the previous ones, just so I can get a better feel for the universe. I loved the setting though.
Kim
Enjoyed erlationship between characters but had a hard time getting into the science fiction aspects, even though I used to be a huge science fiction fan. Maybe the problem is I didn't read the 1st one of this series first...
Styles
Jul 25, 2010 rated it liked it
04/2011
Tigris Eden
Dec 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Review coming in May! HOLLA!
April Brookshire
Oct 26, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, sci-fi
DNF.

Not horrible, but boring.
Angel Ruess
Wild and thrilling! I expect nothing less out of this series.
Diane
Aug 05, 2011 rated it liked it
another good book in this series; i had to keep on reading till i finished it. characters nicely fleshed out, with a decent plot--what more do i ask for?
  • Jeweled (Court of Edaeii, #1)
  • Three to Tango
  • Anything But Mine (Hearts of the South, #4)
  • Zeraac's Miracle (Fallon Mates, #2)
  • Bightmares (Deep Space Mission Corps #2)
  • Rules of Engagement (Cyberevolution, #7)
  • Kade (Armed and Dangerous #4)
  • Possess Me (Bone Daddy, #1)
  • Belle Starr
  • Shards of the Mind (The Ta'e'sha Chronicles, #2)
  • Fallen Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline, #2)
  • Stranded With Her Ex
  • Turn it On (Turner Twins, #1)
  • Cherished (Delicious, #1)
  • Grady's Awakening (Resonance Mates #4)
  • No Words Alone (Spark, #2)
  • Beyond The Shadows (Realms Beyond, #2)
  • Bed of Roses
Lauren Dane has been writing stories since she was able to use a pencil, and before that she used to tell them to people. Of course, she still talks nonstop, and through wonderful fate and good fortune, she’s now able to share what she writes with others. It’s a wonderful life!

The basics: Lauren is a mom, a partner, a best friend and a daughter. Living in the rainy but beautiful Pacific Northwest,
More about Lauren Dane...

Phantom Corps (3 books)
  • Insatiable (Federation Chronicles, #3; Phantom Corps, #1)
  • Captivated (Federation Chronicles, #4; Phantom Corps, #3)

“I don't need protection." Not that she minded, of course. She always protected. It's what she did every moment of the day, and that small span of time when he'd protected her had been, well like a present.
"Don't need it, no." He gave her the coordinates, and she got moving. "Deservie it, yes.”
4 likes
“Look at you. How did you happen to me?"
Gods, shew as just going to cry if he kept this up.
"I just . . . there's no one else. Ever. It's you until I no longer draw breath.”
4 likes