Start by marking “The Chase (Fast Track, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Chase (Fast Track, #4)

The Chase

(Fast Track #4)

Kendall Holbrook is determined to make it to the top, even with the challenge of being a woman on the male-dominated racing circuit. She doesn't have time for romance-especially not with racing rival Evan Monroe, the man who nearly crushed her dream years ago. Tricked into meeting him, Kendall is experiencing all those old feelings again-and she can't deny that they still ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 280 pages
Published April 5th 2011 by Berkley

Start your review of The Chase (Fast Track, #4)
Leah
Mar 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, m-f, adult-lit
This book was very good. For the most part. I really enjoyed most of the novel. There was something at the end that just didn't sit well with me at all and made the book go to hell in a hand basket, but I will get to that in a bit.

I never really thought much about Evan (Aven, anyone?) in the previous three books, but I was pleasantly surprised by him in this book. I actually really like him, and I thought he was utterly adorable. He was really sexy, too. Which sucked because I couldn't seem to p
Auntee
Jun 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of the series; fans of hot contemporaries
Oh...soooo much better than the last book of the Fast Track series (that would be Suzanne and Ryder's story, Hot Finish). The Chase is a lovers reunited story, and the lovers in this case are NASCAR race car driver Evan Monroe, 29, and 28-year-old rookie driver Kendall Holbrook, each driving for the same team. Kendall and Evan were young lovers 10 years ago, headed for marriage, when a big misunderstanding came between them. They wasted 10 years being angry at each other, when a simple conversat ...more
Shawna
4 stars – Contemporary/Sports Erotic Romance

This was an enjoyable read, but it’s not a series favorite for me. Evan and Kendall were hot together, and their romance was both steamy and touching. But something about their relationship also felt a bit immature and like overeager, anxious, reunited teenagers in love. I felt like they each had some growing up to do and together as a couple.

I loved Evan! He was so unbelievably sexy, sweet, and understanding that at times he seemed almost too good to
Ingie
Written March 19, 2015

3.3 Stars - Nice, romantic, steamy,...well okay.

Book #4

The Chase is the fourth part in a m/f series I really liked so far. As book number 3 was I listening to the (7:40 hrs) audiobook again. ~ Very, very well narrated by Emily Durante once again.

Fast Track is a m/f contemporary romance series about NASCAR drivers (stock car racing) which has been very good stand-alone romances (in my taste) so far. (Reviews: (view spoiler)
Robin *loves sexy books*
Jun 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Desperado
The Chase is the 4th book in the Fast Track series by Erin McCarthy, a contemporary romance series about NASCAR drivers. The first two books, Flat-Out Sexy and Hard and Fast were extremely good. The third book, Hot Finish, was mediocre at best. I was hoping that McCarthy would get her groove back and that The Chase would prove that the hot mess of Hot Finish was a fluke. I was wrong. I didn’t think it was possible, but this book is actually worse.

I’ve always liked Evan Monroe’s character but nev
Jess
Aug 05, 2010 rated it liked it
One of the oddest endings I've read. It's a fun story, Kendall and Evan are so lovable and their scenes together are sweet, sexy and just enjoyable. The "twist" at the end did nothing for me. It felt just kind of tossed in, and it didn't let the book really finish. Yes, there's a conclusion to Evan and Kendall's story, but this plot twist felt very random. It was used for 30 pages of angst, and I don't think it was needed.

Next up Tuesday's story, yay!
Dinjolina
I could not wait to read this book!
These series are a fav of mine. The book before this one was a bit vague, but still miss Erin can pull a happy ending out of anything! And I really need my dose of non –angst-y happy endings.
Sure the third book was a bit off with that but I lived trough it and even liked it a bit.
So you can all see why almost fainted when I finally got it and started reading. I was hoping this one was fab! Boy, was I wrong.

I loved Evan in the previous books. He was a cute passi
Ksenia
I want to say right away that in this case 3 Stars is a positive rating. This book has one of my pet peeves, and it actually speaks volumes about Erin McCarthy’s writing that I still enjoyed The Chase so much. In truth in the past books with similar plot line ended up being 1 or 2 Stars for me.

Until 70 % mark The Chase was good. This book was about Evan Monroe, whom we’ve met in previous books and Kendall Holbrook who was the only woman in the car racing team and who also happened to be Evan’s f
Mandi
Mar 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
The Chase is the second book I have read in this series and I liked it so much better than the previous book, Hot Finish. The Chase is full of humor, a very charming, sexy hero and a heroine who really appealed to me. Kendall and Evan have quite a history. They fell in love as young adults, only to break up and not speak for years. Now ten years later, their friends are tired of them carrying baggage around with them. So they are forced to talk about why they broke up all those years ago and the ...more
D.G.
Two things happened in this book that are two of my particular pet peeves:

1. One character gives everything, the other one takes: Evan was the one that made all the effort in this relationship. When they were young, they had dated but Kendall left him without an explanation because she misinterpreted the way he reacted to something. Instead of calling him out like any normal person, she never talks to him again, crushing the guy, who was crazy in love with her. Her behavior was of course, abomin
Splage
I am torn... and I have read many of the other reviews and I agree wholeheartedly that the twist at the end pissed me off and left me unfulfilled without a true HEA. That is all I am going to say about the twist because I accidently read it was coming in a spoiler and I wish I hadn't. I just wish it was resolved in a different way or wasn't true.

Now for the rest of the book, I LOVED it. This is a auto buy/favorite series of mine and a favorite author. Loved the first 2 books, 3 was good, but had

Dee
Originally read: June 2011
Re-read: December 2015

Kendall and Evan had been together years ago and right before he was gonna ask her to marry him she cuts him out and breaks his heart. They meet 10 years later and hook up very quickly and predictably fall in love again, although it would seem that neither of them had fallen out of love.

I was unsure about Evan before starting this, in previous stories he came across as a no feeling man-whore who was determined to never marry, but we soon learn why
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
This is probably unfair and childish of me, but I'm rating this otherwise great book a 1 based solely on the horrible "twist" and its rushed, awful conclusion. I absolutely LOATHED the ending to this book. LOATHED.

First, it involves two of my biggest storyline pet peeves. Second, I couldn't stand how everyone just expected Kendall to easily accept and get over something that I consider a pretty big effing deal. It made me angry at the peripheral characters and it made me really dislike Evan.

I'
Alyssa
Jun 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads, 3-stars
Review to come :)
Annalice
I liked it, but I couldn't tell you what they talked about or what their love was based on besides they made each other happy & had smoking hot chemistry. In the end, I think Kendall should have talked more about what she was insecure about because it seemed like a lot. Instead, Evan was like just I know.

However, I do like that the author wrote a book in this series where both characters are stock car drivers. And I'm sure that helps the relationship because both are interested in the same thin
Shelby
I enjoyed this story. I love how driven Kendall is to be her own woman and she has earned every bit of her place as a driver. But for as confident as she is on the track, in her personal life she's struggled after her first love. Not many people know about her and fellow driver Evan's past relationship. But she should hate him for how things ended, but seeing him at the track is still not easy. Evan for his part has no idea what happened to end his relationship with Kendall, but his reaction to ...more
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness
THE CHASE – book four in the Fast Track series, and just as sweet, sexy and romantic as the last three. I thrive on this series.

This time up it was Evan and Kendall’s turn – Even in older brother to Elec whose book we read first in the series. Even is – how else can I put this without sounding like a teenager?? – Cool. He is impulsive, amazing, has a body to die for and the biggest romantic. Kendall is the first female stock car racer ever – the poor thing is living in a man’s world. She is a cu
Saly
Mar 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is Evan's story and it is awesome. Evan is awesome, he is sweet, he is impulsive and in a word amazing. Kendall is the first female stock driver and that makes her an anomaly and also confused. She doesn't really fit in among the men and also in her family. 10 years ago Evan and Kendall were dating, when it ended for a really stupid reason, trust me when you find out you will go wth?So, they clear the air because of Kendall's best-friend Tuesday and get hot and heavy(really hot scenes) and ...more
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this one. The only thing preventing a 5 star rating is that there are a lot of unresolved issues here and since the next book is about a different couple will they be addressed? (Hope so!)
jenjn79
Aug 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
I wasn't thrilled with the last book in this series, but this one was a nice improvement. It was much better in line with the previous books in the series. I enjoyed it.

Series Note:
Fourth book in the "Fast Track" series about race car drivers.

Summary:
Ten years ago, Kendall Holbrook and Evan Monroe had a hot and passionate relationship that both though would last, but a misunderstanding leads to ten years of being angry with each other. With the help of a friend, the two finally meet and talk abo
Julie
Nov 09, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
Seriously?! Why would she do this…again?! Why would she put this lovely couple through an unnecessary hell?! Why, why, why?!?!

*sigh*

Let me just start by saying that The Chase by Erin McCarthy (the fourth book in her Fast Track series) was not a bad book. I actually found it to be a nice book. Evan wasn’t as much of a jerk as I thought he might have been and Kendall was a joy to read. They made a great couple. But then, with about 50 pages left to the book, the author throws something into the mi
Kimberly
Stock car driver Kendall Holbrook is one hundred percent focused on making it to the top. She can’t afford any distractions, partly because she’s one of the few women in the sport. And Evan Monroe is a BIG distraction. Not only is he a fellow competitor, Evan broke her heart a decade ago. Kendall is determined to avoid him, but when circumstances land them in a co-sponsorship for his-and-hers deodorants, Kendall knows it won’t be long before her heart is at risk of being run over once more. Beca ...more
Stephanie
4 star read. Really liked this insight into who Evan was, it turns out his is nothing like I thought. Kendall was quite annoying throughout the entire book. I really hate it when you read a book and the hero is so wonderful but there are not redeemable qualities to the heroine. The deal at the end with the scare was kind of lame but it really didn’t bother me all that much. I'd read a lot of reviews and I knew what was going to happen, and I expected to hate the end but I really didn’t.

I look fo
Cynthia
Dec 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Contemporary romance readers

Reviewed at Bitten By Paranormal Romance

I just plain liked this book! Second chance at love - damn good story and the sex was HAWT!!! Two people that flat out love each other; can't get enough of one another; even time doesn't diminish their love.

I loved the writing in THE CHASE. It didn't drag, there was never a dull moment, and the snappy dialogue is awesome! For instance, this little scene with Kendall and her mother during the Easter dinner:

"But you're denying yourself so much, sweetheart. I
Riverina Romantics
Nov 25, 2010 rated it liked it
Ok, I’m cringing having to say this because I am an Erin McCarthy fan but......I didn’t like this novel *ducks to avoid the barrage of things that will no doubt be thrown at me*

I didn’t like Kendall much at all. She seemed a little too high maintenance for me with a fair dose of childishness as well. Evan on the other hand is probably one of the least appealing guys I have read about in a long time. No doubt he seems spunkilicious and definitely sweet, but I just don’t see myself giving it up fo
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This might be my least favorite book in this series. However, it was still a great book, and such a romantic story of lovers reunited.

Evan Monroe... we know him as Elec's playboy brother, who swore he would never marry. Hot body and a sweet talker, he can charm his way into any girls pants. What we didn't know was 10 years ago he was ready to propose to his girlfriend, Kendall. And then she broke his heart without an explanation. This is where I started "not liking" Kendall.

When we find out the
Pete
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Chase is book 4 in the Fast Track series by Erin McCarthy.

It seemed like they were both poster children of speaking without thinking. I doubt if any of us have had this problem! Cough-cough. Who am I kidding!?! :P The ten year gigantic misunderstanding gave me the shudders, and a rapid time warp back didn’t seem like it would work. Evan had wanted to marry her.

After a night of hot monkey sex, Evan’s sister Eve said “You had sex with Kendall Holbrook? Are you crazy? When did you become
Mareli
Nov 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Another very pig-headed, stubborn woman. Sometimes the heroines of this series are really insufferable!!! I can relate with her fears, because being the only woman pilot is hard. You cannot leave any territory or they'll will tear you apart, but still...

Besides, Kendall left Evan, without even made him know the reason, in a very childish way and she didn't ever take the time to speak with him for years and years? mmmm not a very adult behaviour...

Onto the next one
Jun 24, 2010
Darcy Stewart
Jun 24, 2010
A New Fast Track Novel For Erin McCarthy 1 14 Oct 03, 2011 08:08AM
A New Release In Erin McCarthy's Sexy Fast Track Series 1 11 Apr 03, 2011 07:12AM

• Tall, Duke, and Dangerous (Hazards of Dukes, #2)
  • Weekends Required (Danvers, #1)
  • Under the Alaskan Ice
  • Fighting Dirty (Ultimate, #4)
  • Down We'll Come, Baby
  • Out of the Storm (Buckhorn, Montana, #1)
  • The Doctor and The Naughty Girl
  • Becoming Theirs (Dominion Trust, #1)
  • Getting Rowdy (Love Undercover, #3)
  • The Missing Piece (The Jigsaw Files #1)
  • Want You to Want Me (Want You, #2)
  • No Limits (Ultimate, #1)
  • Daddy's Lost Love (Montana Daddies #4)
  • His Human Captive (Captives of the Dominars #1)
  • The Alien King's Pet (Royal Aliens #2)
  • True to You (Montana Heat #2)
  • Last Night with the Earl (The Devils of Dover, #2)
  • The Second Chance Rancher (The Millers of Morgan Valley, #1)
USA Today and New York Times Bestselling author Erin McCarthy sold her first book in 2002 and has since written over seventy novels and novellas in teen fiction, new adult, and adult romance. Erin has a special weakness for high-heeled boots, beaches and martinis. She lives in Ohio with her family, two grumpy cats and a socially awkward dog.

Fast Track (8 books)
  • Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track, #1)
  • Hard and Fast (Fast Track, #2)
  • Hot Finish (Fast Track, #3)
  • Slow Ride (Fast Track, #5)
  • Jacked Up (Fast Track, #6)
  • Full Throttle (Fast Track, #7)
  • Final Lap (Fast Track, #8)