Start by marking “A Lot like Love (FBI/US Attorney, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Lot like Love (FBI/US Attorney, #2)

A Lot like Love (FBI/US Attorney #2)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  27,474 Ratings  ·  1,491 Reviews
ISBN: 9780425240168 updated version found here

The FBI wants her cooperation...

As the daughter of a billionaire and the owner of the city's top wine store, Jordan Rhodes is invited to the most exclusive parties in Chicago. But there's only one party the FBI wants to crash: the charity fundraiser of a famous restaurateur, who also happens to launder money for the mob. In exc
Mass Market Paperback, Berkley Sensation, 274 pages
Published March 1st 2011 by Penguin

Alex is The Romance Fox
A Lot Like Love is the first book I've read by this author, Julie James and I am definitely going to be reading more of her books in the future.

This was such a fabulous contemporary love story with a bit of suspense thrown in...........leaving me with a warm, fuzzy and good feeling!!!
 photo loving_feelings_zpsu3hlu3ly.gif
There were so many things I liked about this story......let me tell you a few of them!!

The two main characters.............such a great and engaging couple!!!
FBI agent Nick McCall..........what a hero!!! Sexy, yes
Shawna
5+ stars – Contemporary Romance

I just read and adored Something About You and then started this immediately afterward, and there’s a whole lot to love about A Lot Like Love.

FBI Agent Nick McCall is coming off a grueling undercover assignment and looking for a little R&R before taking his next case, but instead finds himself tasked with assisting a junior agent in an undercover money laundering investigation. In order to infiltrate an exclusive charity event held by one of Chicago’s wealthies
Pamela
May 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of romantic suspense and witty contemporary romance; readers who are stuck on planes
The woman who sat in front of me on my flight from Detroit to Denver is very lucky I had this book loaded on my Kindle. I loved the story, and it distracted me from the misery of having a seat back rammed against my knees for three hours. You know the book has got to be good.

A LOT LIKE LOVE tells the story of Jordan Rhodes, heiress to half of a billion-dollar fortune, and Nick McCall, FBI agent. Rhodes isn't a prissy heiress whose biggest worries are ruining her manicure or being seen with the r
Ramona
This is my first Julie James book and I have to admit, I have a soft spot for police/FBI/military romance, because all the heroes are soooo bad ass and you just can’t stop falling for them.
“A Lot Like Love” is a very cute, light story between Nick McCall, an FBI agent and Jordan Rhodes, a very smart, gorgeous woman from the wine industry. The blurb was very interesting and I began immediately with this love story, believing it will be action packed, because, duuuh, FBI and stuf..It was not as pr
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
3+ stars

Despite not loving this I'm so addicted to JJ's writing style. She writes such fun characters. Although the suspense side seems less and less as the series goes on, this one had good suspense.

I think what was missing was I was already spoilt by Jack and Vaughn. Jordan was just an okay heroine. Also there was too much wine talk.

Book 1 and book 5 are my favourites. The fact that I read all 5 books in the series almost back to back just shows how much I adore this series and the writing. C
Nomes
Mar 18, 2011 rated it it was ok
2.5 ~ 3 stars

Things I love about Julie James novels:

witty/snarky banter between the two main leads
the dual POV which adds to the experience
the build up of sexual tension/attraction which ends in some HOT (but not too smutty) bedroom scenes
the rom-com feel
the fact that it's a light breezy smiley kind of read
it's fun chick-lit vibe without being too chick-litty...

HOWEVER this book did not live up to my expectations...

this is my least fave Julie James novel so far. I still enjoyed reading it and
Catarina
4 Cute Stars.

Jordan is a billionaire heir that suddenly sees herself with the FBI trying to make a deal with her.
She is connected with powerful people that the FBI wants behind bars so they make a deal with her: if she help them, they will find a way to set her brother free.
Nick is the agent responsible for her, but when they pretend to be a couple in a party and things go south, they have to keep pretending in order to keep the façade.
But there’s the thing about pretending, it can become ver
Karla
5 Stars! Another engaging, smart, witty, sexy, fun book by this talented author!

What I like about Julie James' style of writing is the snappy dialogue, the strong female characters…and of course their sexy male counterparts. Jordan and Nick have terrific chemistry...combustible! Jordan’s a wine connoisseur with her own shop; Nick’s an FBI agent who knows one wine, Zinfandel. She samples wine the conventional way, swirling, swishing and spitting, he wants to pour and taste… in a most unconvention
MBR
Holy Smokin' 5 Star Read!!

Holy smokin’ hotness! Julie James just keeps getting better and better and has delivered on all aspects with her 4th contemporary romance and has totally blown me away with the sinfully mouthwatering Nick McCall. This was exactly what I needed after my last read which I had similar high expectations which ended up being a huge disappointment and in euphoria over how well this one turned out, I just might end up blowing a couple of kisses through Twitter to Ms. James b
Emily May
May 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, chick-lit, 2011
Another fun, easy and enjoyable read from Julie James! This is my second favourite book of hers that I've read so far, better than Just the Sexiest Man Alive and Something About You but it still doesn't quite match up to my first and favourite: Practice Makes Perfect (I'm still obsessed with J.D.).

As her latest release, this was the steamiest of the lot with some very sexy and descriptive bathtime fun and the tall, dark and stubbled hero we can always expect from Ms James. The story this time d
Catherine
Despite the positive reviews I’ve seen all over the place for books by Julie James, I haven’t read one of them before now. That’s right, I’m a bona fide James virgin. Why would I wait so long? Well, contemporaries and I rarely agree. I find a lot of the characters ridiculous and not at all authentic. It’s like they walked straight out of Mayberry. It just drives me insane, so I rarely pick them up. But I finally had to take a chance on James. I had to see what all the fuss was about.

Luckily, thi
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
View review here at Under the Covers

I have a confession to make. I don’t read many contemporary romance novels. It’s not that I have anything against them. They’re just an avenue I have yet to explore in romance. I’ve heard a lot about Julie James and her books for awhile now. But it wasn’t until the DABWAHA competition that I realized that there must be a reason why readers adore her. And after reading A Lot Like Love, I know why.

I’m not quite sure how to even begin speaking about all the goo
kilty
Feb 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Surface charm!

A fun read...
Top 5 silly reasons that made it fun for me :

(1) Hero was
(a) burn-holes-through-your-bra HOT FBI agent
(b) half-scottish, half-Italian ..calls his mother Ma (my fav line in the book, "Well, Ma, see...there's this girl")
(c) Tall, Dark, and Smoldering
(d) Tall, Dark, and Sarcastic
(e) Tall, Dark, and Scruffy-jawed
(f) ALL OF THE ABOVE

(2) The tennis speed wise-crack exchange where the readers zing back and forth..the result being always the same..LOVE ALL:)

(3) The warm, f
♥Rachel♥
Oct 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Smut Monday Club
Shelves: favorites
I have to congratulate Julie James. She writes spicy with a lot of class! This second book in the FBI series does not disappoint. With an engrossing plot, and sexual tension that gradually heats up to fire-hot, you can't put this down once you start!

FBI agent, Nick McCall and billionaire heiress, Jordan Rhodes lives are thrown together when Jordan is "asked" to help on a money-laundering case. It seems Jordan is part of a select group that gets invited to Xander Eckhart's restaurant once a year
Silvia
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, e-book
Julie James se está convirtiendo en una de mis autoras favoritas ❤
Anja
Aug 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
*4.5 UNDERCOVER STARS*

“First Pallas and now you, it’s like I’m running a goddamn dating service around here.”

Dear lord, I can't believe how fast I've breezed through Julie James' books so far! Just like the previous one in this series, I read this in one sitting of about 4 hours. I just couldn't stop!
As everyone probably already knows, I have a weak spot for romance/adult novels with a bit of action involved, so this was just perfect for me!

Review coming soon!
Apr 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Laura by: Smut Monday Club
”Thank God he annoyed her a good ninety-five percent of the time they were together, because she had no intention of being attracted to Nick McCall.”

Yeah sure, Jordan! Keep telling yourself that! :D Haha….How could we not fall for Agent Nick McCall? With those blazing green eyes and possessive, rough, passionate ways, Nick swoops in, grabs hold, and steals hearts!

I adored these two characters! Nick and Jordan’s quick, banter with a bite sparked and jumped off the page! Very hot! Julie James see
Anachronist
Apr 25, 2012 rated it did not like it
Why I read it:

I have sadistic friends. Some of them keep borrowing me copies of romantic fiction, especially when I am planning to go away for a day or two. I am a compulsive reader, I am an addict, I read everything, good, bad and ugly and they take advantage. Sometimes I shrug these offers off, sometimes I succumb to them. This one had good reviews on Goodreads so I thought: “why not? A freebie for a dull train trip…it might be actually fun…” Right.

Synopsis:

It is a truth universally acknowledg
Chan
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Writing: A semi-action writer. So of course Julie James is becoming a fave!

Characters: I enjoyed Jordan and Nick's chemistry much more than the MCs in the first book. I still want a little more, but it’s moving in the right direction. BUT they are both sarcastic! YAY!!!

Storyline: Jordan Rhodes is the daughter of a billionaire. She has connections that the FBI desperately needs. In order to make her comply FBI Agent Nick McCall dangles a carrot that she cannot refuse.

I enjoyed Jordan and Nick’s
Nisha
Apr 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Julie James never let me down before, and I knew she wasn't going to let me down for this book. After reading, I must say that I loved it. Hence the 5 stars. I can't say its my favorite though. More on that later.

Jordan, our heroine, is a billionaire heiress, who has her own wine business. She's hot, stylish, and passionate about wine. Oh yea, she normally dates clean-cut, loafer-wearing preps. Nick is the 'Tall, Dark and smoldering' undercover FBI agent who needs Jordan as his cover to infiltra
Jaci Burton
Dec 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
You know how I judge whether a book is awesome or not? If I don't want to put it down and work on my own book--then a book is awesome. A LOT LIKE LOVE was one of those books I didn't want to put down. I absolutely loved it. Smart, sassy heroine, and a hot and sexy hero coupled with a dynamic, well thought out plot make this a must buy. Add in Julie James typical humor and crackling dialogue and this is another winner. If she writes it, I'll read it.

♡Karlyn P♡
I love how Julie James contemporaries always include smart and intelligent characters as the hero and heroine, and A LOT LIKE LOVE does it in spades. Nick and Jordon were awesome, and I love the cheaky conversations between them. A very romantic story.
Ronyell
Apr 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Julie James' works!!
Recommended to Ronyell by: Autumn
To be honest, I was actually surprised that Julie James would make a sequel to her first book Something About You (a book I read years ago) and ever since I read that book and “Practice Makes Perfect,” I just had to try out more books by her! “A Lot like Love” is the perfect romance novel to read for anyone who is a fan of romance novels that has a bit of crime and mystery thrown in!

The book starts off with the FBI trying to arrest Xander Eckhart, who has secret dealings with mob leader Roberto
Leah
Mar 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Romance novels--whether they are contemporary, paranormal, or historical--can be extraordinarily cliché. Shocker, I know, but it's very true. However, I feel that Julie James manages to steer clear of them. I'm sure there are some in her books, but they are never so obscenely obvious as to make the book boring or ridiculous. And for that, I have to give James her kudos. It's quite a feat to be able to write a book without conspicuous clichés and to, yet again, deliver a superb literary creation. ...more
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
Mar 05, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5

The things I liked in A Lot Like Love: Nick, various relationships, the humour and the rare sex scenes. Did I say Nick?
There is not much to say about the plot that's not in the book summary. Jordan Rhodes accepts to help the FBI because of her brother and in the due course of the story the two main characters fall in love. Not really a spoiler if you check the genre (and the blurb).

I loved Nick (I'm repeating myself, am I?) and how he gradually came to the conclusion that he kind of likes thi
valee
Jan 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cont-romance
I loved this book, although I must admit it took me a while to get there. The beginning was a bit slow for me, probably because the author took a lot of pages describing things and developing a lot the plot. Only for this reason I have to say that Just the Sexiest Man Alive is still my fav book from this author, but now A Lot Like Love is my 2nd fav.

Once I got over the slow part and the characters actually got to spend some time together I got extremely addicted to the book. First, you can see t
nicklein
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Don't give me that look. I'm a sucker for this kind of books! Right up my freaking alley.

The sibling banter though, I love.
Laura the Highland Hussy
Apr 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing

Liked it even better than Something About You! I think you will want a glass of wine with you when you read.
will review later for www.gotfiction.wordpress.com

"Can't stop reading...Must put book down...need sleep..." that was my status update for about halfway through the book. Trust me when I say it is easy to read straight through, so start this one in the daytime...not at 10pm like I did.

Julie James is my new go-to for contemporary romance. Now you all might remember I don't actually
Obsidian
Sorry, this one did not sing for me like book #1 did. I didn't like the male lead that much and then the whole book barely made any sense when it came down to the whole plot point with the female lead's brother somehow magically getting his prison sentence waved. The bad guy also seemed really dumb to me in this as well.

"A Lot Like Love" follows billionaire heiress Jordan Rhodes and FBI agent Nick McCall. Jordan is "asked" by the FBI to help them plant a listening device in a close friend's off
Nina Life of a Bookworm
Bas slatko i seksi :)

Bok ljudi! Znam da me nije bilo dugo s poštenom recenzijom... Zadnja koju sam napisala bila je skoro prije mjesec dana za knjigu iste autorice Zakon Privlačnosti, a prije toga za isto tako dvije njene Najseksi frajer na svijetu i Iznenada jednog ljeta.

Prije nešto malo više od mjesec dana iz čiste radoznalosti (i dosade na poslu, pssst nemojte nikome reći) u ruke sam uzela upravo zadnju knjigu koja je izašla - Iznenada jednoga ljeta i odmah me je uvukla, a onda su s
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 7 May 14, 2015 09:51AM
A lot like love 1 28 Jan 17, 2015 06:07PM
The Challenge Fac...: Elishia & ~Melissa~ - A Lot like Love & About That Night 20 22 May 13, 2014 03:14AM
  • Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2)
  • Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3)
  • Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3)
  • Deadly Heat (Deadly, #2)
  • Start Me Up (Tumble Creek, #2)
  • Feel the Heat (Black Ops Inc., #4)
  • Within Reach
  • Too Hot to Handle (Domestic Gods, #2)
  • Sweet Justice (Last Chance Rescue, #7)
  • Letters to a Secret Lover
New York Times bestselling author Julie James practiced law with one of the nation's largest firms for several years until she began writing screenplays. After Hollywood producers optioned two of her scripts, she decided to leave the practice of law to write full-time. Her books have been translated into twenty-two languages and Julie’s ninth novel, THE THING ABOUT LOVE, is now available.

Julie Jam
More about Julie James

FBI/US Attorney (5 books)
  • Something About You (FBI/US Attorney, #1)
  • About That Night (FBI/US Attorney, #3)
  • Love Irresistibly (FBI/US Attorney, #4)
  • It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney, #5)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“First Pallas and now you,” the gray-haired man said, shaking his head at Nick. “It’s like I’m running a goddamn dating service around here.” 142 likes
“I’d like to know more about this undercover agent who posed as my daughter’s date. The ubiquitous Tall, Dark, and Smoldering.'

Nick put on his best meet-the-parent smile. 'I generally prefer to go by Nick.”
142 likes