Start by marking “Kat and the Dare-Devil Spaniard (The Balfour Brides #2)” as Want to Read:
Kat and the Dare-Devil Spaniard (The Balfour Brides #2)

Kat and the Dare-Devil Spaniard (The Balfour Brides #2)

3.3  ·  Rating details ·  342 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Feisty Kat Balfour has been sent to Carlos Guerrero's yacht, but it's only when she's handed an apron that she realizes she's there to work, not play! Brilliant businessman and thrill-seeking dare-devil Carlos is an enigma. Trapped in the middle of the ocean with the most fiercely sexy and powerful man she has ever met, Kat is way out of her depth!

Carlos is amused by his n
Mass Market Paperback, 192 pages
Published September 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Kat and the Dare-Devil Spaniard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kat and the Dare-Devil Spaniard

Danielle
willaful
I enjoyed this more than you might think. It did get up my nose in about 50 different ways, especially the "she melts like an otter pop, he despises her for it" relationship. (Perhaps a little hypocritical of me, since I despise her for it too.) But it was a quick read, and kind of fun, if you're in the mood for a little humiliation and angst that you don't have to take too seriously.
Wendy Soliman
I enjoyed the first book in this series by Michelle Reid but unfortunately can't say the same for this one. It didn't help that a lot of the action took place on a boat and I know a lot about boats. The author clearly doesn't, and didn't bother to do her research. Wouldn't matter unless you know something about the sea. The story was trite and predictable. A disappointment.
Chitra *CJ*
"Kat and the Dare-Devil Spaniard" is the story of Kat and Carlos.
What do you get when you mix a desperately hungry for loveheroine with a condescending, judgemental,slut-shamer of a virgin hero...THIS.
Heroine is a rich little girl with a tragic past and a dull present. Whenever faced with a problem, she runs away as an escape mechanism- until her father decides to trap her on the boat of Carlos, his business associate as a maid! There the heroine is kindly ridiculed (because its the heroine's fa
Katherine 黄爱芬
Sbg anak manja, Kat Balfour selalu mendapatkan apapun yg diinginkan. Jadi betapa shock dirinya ketika tahu dia diumpankan pada Carlos Guererro, utk bekerja di yacht mantan matador terkenal ini.

Ide cerita sebenarnya sdh bagus tapi eksekusinya payah banget. Bukannya mendapatkan pelajaran berharga ttg kemandirian ataupun komitmen, Kat alih² mendptkan pelajaran seksual dari Carlos. Lagi² membingungkan antara hamil atau tidak, Carlos membawa Kat ke rumahnya dan berakhir melamarnya.

Membaca novel ini
Mudpie
Nov 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written story with suitable angst felt by the misunderstood heroine, up till the abrupt ending!

Carlos was a judgemental a$$hole who jumped to conclusions based on first impressions. But she did not help by cultivating her femme fatale image as an armour for her vulnerable self...

Part two of eight series, I will have trouble hunting the rest of the series down.
Titinha Scaeiro
Ele irritou-me... -_-
Makii
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ohhh bueno, por donde empezar...
Kat es la mas pequeña de las hijas que el multimillonario inglés Oscar Baltfour tuvo con su segunda esposa. La joven de 22 años es todo lo que se espera que sea de una heredera. Viste a la última moda, mostrando su exuberante cuerpo, muestra una actitud despreocupada, cero compromisos y sin un objetivo en su vida mas que divertirse. Al menos es lo que todos ven... Su padre decide que lo que necesita es aprender una de las normas mas importantes que tiene la famili
bombay_sapphire
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
I liked it & I didn't. I hated how Carlos treated Kat & humiliated her, and I hated how Kat took it and couldn't stop melting in a puddle after him (where is this woman's self respect?!). His response to taking her virginity and then using her to slate his appetite/ lust was pitiful. I also really hated his reaction when she found out she was pregnant. I don't recall an actual apology from him or any great concern for her, the mother of his child he cared so much about. Also, his love fo ...more
Kat
Aug 23, 2012 rated it did not like it
Awful, just awful, in every respect. I've read my share of stupid Harlequins, but there are Idiot Plots, and then there are plots in which pretty much everything that happens is super illegal. The only time I actually liked Kat is when she jumped overboard. And I never liked Carlos. In fact, he was pretty much the King of Assholes -- and his views of women are seriously problematic and disturbing. Like, "this is why we have rape culture"-level of problematic and disturbing. And why is the heroin ...more
Kesha
Jul 21, 2011 rated it did not like it
I really hate books where one person humiliates the other person and then they still end up together. The hero of this book accused the heroine of dressing like a prostitute the first time he met her. The hero kept treating the heroine like a piece of @#%! after they had sex and of course he took her virginity buy was pissed off at her for doing it. The plot of this book had holes, it didn't really make any sense. Maybe if the setting had been the 1980s and not 2010, it would have been somewhat ...more
John
May 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
It got better towards the end, but the first 40-50 pages were WTF. I'd say it was a solid 3-star read then, but some of the issues got to me in the beginning - especially how the hero was all FNAR humiliation. And then, of course, the heroine stuttered with almost everything she said. Her backbone needed to exist a bit more. I know it's Presents, but it just didn't enchant me the way some others did.
Ariana
Jun 29, 2012 rated it liked it
I was going to give two stars to this book because the beginning is really annoying, and the main male character is an asshole. I mean, A BIG ASSHOLE.I don't like main characters like that. And Kat? she annoyed me too at the beginning. But the story ended really well. A good ending is always... well, good. Specially if the beginning of the book is not that good.
Tonya Warner
Dec 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Kat Balfour has always lead a rich and spoiled lifestyle. Finding herself on a yacht and having to work to earn her keep is bad, but having to work for Carlos Guerrero is bad beyond compare.

Carlos does not want to have anything to do with Kat, but he is indebted to her father and will force himself to endure her presence. Finding out that Kat is not as she seems makes things difficult.

Ok.
Julyana
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't care, this book was super hot for me. I'm big on the I-hate-you-but-i-wanna-fuck-you dynamic and this book executes it flawlessly. There's sexual tension, good character development, a sexy Mediterranean Sea setting. Overall love, definitely recommend! Still my favorite of the Balfour Brides.
Tulia Lash
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I like it, yes the H has some issues but who doesn’t, the only problem I had with it, it was the fact that nearly at the end it seems like a chapter was missing, a whole chunk of what to my opinion was important It was just gone!! so my ranting was going to be 5 but - 1 chapter = 4 starts. I do recoment it.
Ladyacct
May 01, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: shorts
I actually found this story to be just the same 'formula' as the first one in this series. This story was quick to get into though, and flowed faster than the first, however it was in my opinion and okay kinda book bordering on 3 stars, but you can't give halvsies here so just 2.
Amanda
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
I couldn't finish this book. I hated the heroine after only a few pages.
Katelyn
Sep 07, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Not bad
Megzy
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
Mediocre at its best. A story about a beautiful spoiled heiress being sent to a handsome gizillionaire to be wedded, bedded...and tamed!
Melis
Jul 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin, 2013
Evet Carlos dediğin gibi aptalsın :)
Famma
Its a little different than mills and boon typical contemporary romance. In all Balfour legacy series heroines are not poor and needy.
Harlequin Books

Mar 30, 2012
Ruksana
Jun 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Bella and the Merciless Sheikh (The Balfour Brides #7)
  • Sophie and the Scorching Sicilian (The Balfour Brides #4)
  • Annie and the Red-Hot Italian (The Balfour Brides, #6)
  • Emily and the Notorious Prince (The Balfour Brides #3)
  • Zoe and the Tormented Tycoon (The Balfour Brides #5)
  • Olivia and the Billionaire Cattle King (The Balfour Brides #8)
  • Heartless Rebel (Bad Blood, #5)
  • Mia and the Powerful Greek (The Balfour Brides, #1)
  • Forgotten Daughter (Bad Blood, #7)
  • The Fearless Maverick (The Notorious Wolfes, #4)
  • Ruthless Boss, Royal Mistress (The Royal House of Karedes #7)
  • The Power of Vasilii (Russian Rivals #2)
  • Restless Billionaire (Bad Blood, #3)
  • The Last Kolovsky Playboy (House of Kolovsky #4)
  • Dante's Wedding Deception (The Dante Legacy, #3)
  • Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • The Greek Billionaire's Innocent Princess (The Royal House of Karedes #5)
I was told off as a child for making up stories—little did I know that one day I’d earn my living by writing them!

To the horror of my parents, I left school at sixteen and held a bewildering variety of jobs: I was a London DJ (in the now-trendy Primrose Hill), a decorator and a singer. After that I became a cook, a photographer and, eventually, a nurse. I waitressed in the south of France, drove a
More about Sharon Kendrick

The Balfour Brides (8 books)
  • Mia and the Powerful Greek (The Balfour Brides, #1)
  • Emily and the Notorious Prince (The Balfour Brides #3)
  • Sophie and the Scorching Sicilian (The Balfour Brides #4)
  • Zoe and the Tormented Tycoon (The Balfour Brides #5)
  • Annie and the Red-Hot Italian (The Balfour Brides, #6)
  • Bella and the Merciless Sheikh (The Balfour Brides #7)
  • Olivia and the Billionaire Cattle King (The Balfour Brides #8)