Start by marking “Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)” as Want to Read:
Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)

Dark Side of the Moon

(Dark-Hunter #9)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  31,837 ratings  ·  1,077 reviews
Also see: Alternate Cover Editions for this ISBN [ACE]
ACE #1

Half animal, half man, wholly dangerous.
Locked in eternal battle, a Were-Hunter knows everything about peril and pain. But the greatest threat is yet to come...

Susan Michaels was once the hottest reporter on the Beltway Beat until she walked into a setup that ruined her reputation. Now she's working for a smal
Mass Market Paperback, 353 pages
Published November 28th 2006 by St. Martin's Press (first published May 30th 2006)

·  31,837 ratings  ·  1,077 reviews

Sophia Triad
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ravyn Kontis (Dark Hunter and Arcadian Werehunter) & Susan Michaels (Human)

Have you ever watched Shrek 2? Like I have…
Did you like the wicked, sneaky, cute Puss in Boots? Like I did…
Did you ever wonder how Puss would look like if he was a real man and not a cat? Like I did…
To be honest I always imagined that he would like Antonio Banderas (the actor that has lent his voice to the cartoon).

Ravyn is Kenyon’s version of Puss. His animal form is basically a kitty-cat. Susan is a reporter who sav
Exina
“You don’t knock on the devil’s door, unless you want him to answer.”

Nicely developed story, many sublines and characters, so much emotion, mystery and fate, love and pain, wrath, woe, guilt, and grief wrapped in one novel. The plot is exciting, great paced, and well-worked-out with almost constant fighting, but it is still followable. The final fight is excellently constructed. I loved both the humor and action in it.

Susan
She is irritating, bitchy, and nosy. A real smartass with sarcastic
Jilly
Most of the reviews for this are either 4-5's or 1's. I think it has to do with the personality of the main girl, Susan. Everyone either loves her or hates her. And, I'm sorry Monty, but I loved her. We usually hate the same things, but I can't resist a character that is so sarcastic that every word that comes out of her mouth is snark. It's like we are soul-mates or something. She is the ultimate smart-ass and will make wise cracks even while everything sucks. I like that.

Susan is a reporter fo
Blacky *Romance Addict*

What do I think?

Well for one, Ash needs to grow some balls. Or a spine. F*ck, even one ball would be fine for me considering the p*ssy he currently is :((( (actually, he's been like this from the start of the series which is the extremely sad point.

Second, Nick needs to be shot in the head but unfortunately that wouldn't work for him now, so yeah, he could grow some balls too and get into the adult side of life instead of staying an eternal whiny teenager. Oh well.

And so, dear Dark-Hunter univer
Sita
Jul 19, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, own, reviewed
I normally love the Dark Hunter series, but I just couldn't get into this one. My faviroute scenes were the ones Nick was in. I am totally in love with him!
Overall, the book was okay, I don't think you need to read it to get the story. So, if you want just skip it. It really won't matter.
Carmen
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Kenyon fans
This book could have been spectacular.

Susan Michaels is working as a reporter for a tabloid. Two years ago she was a star investigative reporter in Seattle, chasing the big stories and winning awards. But after chasing a lead that backfired, she was disgraced. Her boyfriend of four years left her, all her friends (except Jimmy and Angie) left her, her house and car were repossessed. She's an orphan and has no family.

At this exceptionally low point in her life, she tried to kill herself on Thanks
Alp
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dark Side Of The Moon is the ninth installment in Dark-Hunter series. As always, Sherrilyn Kenyon delivers an excellent story, a fantastic combination of Fantasy, Romance, and Action, in her own unique writing style. This book contains an interesting storyline and endearing characters.

Ravyn Kontis was a Were-Hunter, an Arcadian leopard, who was betrayed by his human mate and that caused him to lose his loved ones, his family, and his life. With his wrath and the need to take revenge, he became t
Gavin
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This was one of the better Dark-Hunter books in the series so far. I loved the humor and also enjoyed the fact that the romance was on a slightly slower burn than is typical with most PNR books. I felt that gave time for both Ravyn and Susan to grow attached to each other on more than just a physical level.

Susan is a disgraced news reporter who has been relegated to working at a paranormal focused newspaper, run by her old college friend, after a scandal cost her her career in mainstream media.
Ronak Gajjar
Mar 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, series
WHAT THE HELL, NICK?! Boy has freaking lost his mind! But,
description
I hope Nicky will find peace in it. And as usual, it is trashy, cheesy, romantic, and still I am going to continue series! *sighs*
Katagaria + Arcadians + Were-Hunters + Were-Wolves + Dark Hunters + Insignificant Humans blabbering = The whole book!
Concept: 3.0/5.0
Execution: 2.25/5.0
Characters Bespoken: 2.0 /5.0
Cover: 1.0/5.0
Overall: 2.5/5.0
As for Ravyn and Susan:
description
P.S.: God knows why I liked the kitty cat!
Denisa
3.5 Yup, it's as good as they say it is.

I admit, I expected this book to be good. And guess what? It was!
It was funny as hell, I absolutely loved the main female character. She was sarcastic and fun and smart! I liked her!
fleurette
Dark Side of the Moon

I haven’t read a book in this series for some time. I was getting bored and tired with it. For that reason, I’m quite surprised that I liked this book as much as I actually did.

To be totally honest I don’t remember a lot about the previous books. Most of the time it wasn’t a problem and I caught up on the generally plot pretty easily. And to be honest I wasn’t that interested in it. The plot in just this book is not difficult to follow and it’s enjoyable.

One thing that I remember from the previ
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Ok, the ending/epilogue to this book, had me like...
 photo tumblr_m2eg3uJFKM1qgynin_zps00084993.gif

The rest of the story just had me. What I mean is, though there were things I had no clue about, events that had already occurred in other books that I have not read, it still did not confuse me to the point where I was just lost & could not enjoy or appreciate this book.

This book is part of a huge network of books. All things tie in together in some form or fashion. But with this story, with everything going on with the current plot, new
♡Karlyn P♡
Jul 28, 2008 rated it it was ok
Argh, frustrating story. Least favorite of all the Dark-Hunters in the series (I've read the first 10, this being 10). The story did have some interesting backstory on Acheron, Nick and Stryker, but not enough to read the book in my opinion. The main romance story was a bust. Heroine (Susan) was like nails on chalkboard who spoke mostly sarcastic comments. I really wanted someone to just slap her down, just once! The hero (Ravyn) was OK, but his tortured past was no different than any other Dark ...more
Lizzi Crystal
Jan 01, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
WOW. Lots and lots of badly done sex wrapped very loosely around a...plot? Wait, was that a little plot I saw over there? Too tiny to make out, poor little neglected thing!

I think if a caveman came into the modern world and was introduced to this as his first book, and was told there were libraries in every city in the world with hundreds of these things, he'd hit everyone with it and return home to announce civilization has gone backward. Let's just say if you ever run into this book in a dark
Lindsey
Apr 08, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 (Right down the middle) Meh Stars ....

I am so neutral on this book, it is taking all I have to muster any type of energy to even review it. I did love or hate any of the main characters. I literally felt nothing.

The animosity that Ravyn has with his family was Meh.
Their reconciliation ...Meh
The insta-love with Ravyn and Susan ... Meh
Even when someone died the other characters felt MEH ... They DIDN'T even care about this story.

Obviously you're probably gonna read it anyway because the s
Jill
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 to 4 stars
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
I was excited this was another Were-Hunter book, but it's also a Dark-Hunter book. Ravyn (I thought that was a chick's name)was born a leopard/cat were & became a DH later, so he's both.

Susan is a disgraced reporter who now works for a tabloid. She gets suckered into taking home a cat (which is really Ravyn with a power negating collar on) & she's highly allergic to cats - yeah, hilarity ensues (no, not really). Due to this initial meeting between the two characters, the rest of the boo
Leah
Mar 20, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars, adult-lit, m-f
Sofi
Jul 03, 2012 rated it liked it
So... I wrote a review for this, but it somehow got deleted. I'm so mad! I spent half an hour writing it only to suddenly disappear right before my eyes :@

I don't I will be writing it again.
Thenia
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this one sometime last month and was supposed to write a review for it but RL has been kind of crazy so it somehow slipped through the cracks.

It's the story of a Were-Hunter, Ravyn, who finds himself in quite a pickle that Susan, a disgraced reporter, unwittingly gets him out of. A good friend of hers has asked her to visit her at the animal shelter she works at for a story, and makes her adopt a cat before she leaves.

The story sounded crazy, but when the cat she adopted changes into a le
AJ
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OMFG!!! She’s done it to me again!! I settled in for what I knew would be a great PNR book, thinking that it would be a quick and easy read - I should have known better. Yes, I slipped straight back into Kenyon’s incredible world, but an easy read… not so much, I was flipping pages madly and my heart was pounding through most of it. I can’t think of another author I’ve read who puts so much story into her stories, it’s just amazing. I can’t believe everything that happened in this book! This is ...more
Sandi
Nov 14, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008, cross-genre
I found the hardcover edition "Dark Side of the Moon" for $5.99 on the Borders bargain books rack. Sherrilyn Kenyon has a lot of books in print and seems to be quite popular. I'm not into the whole vampire lover genre, but for $5.99, I figured I could at least see what made Kenyon so popular. I must now shamefully admit that I really enjoyed "Dark Side of the Moon". I could have done without the whole gods/daimons/Dark Hunters/Appolites/etc. back story, but I loved the character of Susan. I love ...more
Angelika
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, reci
My review in Hungarian.
Laura the Highland Hussy
Aug 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
I think this was the first Sherrilyn Kenyon book I ever read-talk about jumping right in to the Dark Hunter world. I love the Dark Hunters and this is a fun one. Anyone who loves the DH series will love it, and PNR romance lovers will love it. I strongly recommend reading them in order (I did not-it sucked).

Susan rescues a cat who is really a dark hunter. He turns from cat to leopard to man in front of her, and she's calm about it-I loved that. She didn't scream or go all girly and faint. Girls
Emily
When Dark Hunter/Were Shifter Ravyn gets himself hauled off to the pound he thinks perhaps his time maybe up. When he is adopted by a woman who appears to be allergic to cats, he prods her to get the collar that is keeping him in cat form off in order to gain back his strength.

Susan Michaels went from a dynamic journalist to writing about aliens and creatures for a tabloid, after one wrong lead ruined her career. When her best friend calls her to the pound to share some news, she ends up with a
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
3.5 stars - A good but not great read for me. The chemistry seemed a little off with Ravyn and Susan - I was never completely sold on it but it is nice to see him have someone to support him after the fiasco he calls family. The police plot fell short also - lacking some of the suspense of other books in the series for me. However, Archeron always brings a smile to my face! Just not with Artemis! :(
MelissaB
Sep 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: dark hunter fans
This book was a little slow in the beginning but really picked up about a quarter of the way through.

Ravyn and Susan were an interesting couple. Ravyn was a very hot Dark Hunter/Arcadian Were Hunter. He, of course, had some issues. His family killed him about 300 years ago after he told his potential mate that he was a Were Hunter, which caused her to gather a group of humans to attack Ravyn's villiage and kill some of his pack including his mother and sister. His brother killed him for his "bet
v.v
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
To be honest this wasn't the most memorable book in this series. I knew going in I wouldn't be too interested because I didn't know any of the characters that well. Don't get me wrong, this book was still pretty good but not up to par with others in the series. A problem that most other readers had was with Susan. She can come off as a bitch or a little insecure at times and that makes her irritating, or you could have loved her sarcastic, kick ass self. I was more in the later. I also found som ...more
TJ
Aug 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
2.5/5.0

This is the first book in the "Dark Hunter" series that I honestly didn't think held up to Kenyon's exacting standards. It's perplexing, too. Her stories are usually tight, well put together, her world building understandable, her characters empathetic and believable - even though often-times incredibly dark and tortured. All of those makings were present in this book, they just never came to fruition.

Take the main reason we read these books, the romance. Susan and Ravyn are both characte
Aug 09, 2010 rated it liked it
Turning Pages At ...: Dark Side of the Moon (Dark Hunter #8) by Sherrilyn Kenyon 16 9 Jun 10, 2019 07:47AM
A Million More Pages: 10 - Dark Side of the Moon (DH): Aug 1 5 11 Aug 03, 2015 02:35AM
Kenyons Minions: Dark Side of the Moon 27 52 Jun 09, 2014 08:56AM
The Lost Challenges: Book 10 Dark Side of the Moon (May 16 to 31) 60 20 Aug 01, 2013 01:29PM
Order of Series 4 38 Dec 07, 2008 01:38PM

• Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Passion Unleashed (Demonica #3)
  • Jewel of Atlantis (Atlantis, #2)
  • Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4)
  • Dark Celebration (Dark, #14)
  • Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #6)
  • Master of Swords (Mageverse #4)
  • Atlantis Redeemed (Warriors of Poseidon, #5)
  • Eat Prey Love (Love at Stake, #9)
  • Dark Need (Darkyn #3)
  • A Bite to Remember (Argeneau #5)
Official Author site
Official Black Hat Society site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Meny

Dark-Hunter (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #6)
  • Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #7)
  • Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
  • The Dream Hunter (Dark-Hunter #10, Dream-Hunter #1)
  • Devil May Cry (Dark-Hunter, #11)
“You know when people say fine, it generally means ‘leave me the hell alone because I don’t want to talk about what’s really bothering me.' (Susan)” 451 likes
“We're not the damned, folks, we're the categorically fucked. - Urian” 446 likes