Start by marking “Winging It (Angels Unlimited, #1)” as Want to Read:
Winging It (Angels Unlimited, #1)

Winging It (Angels Unlimited #1)

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  1,581 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Mel isn't your average angel.She certainly never expected to wind up at posh Angel Academy. Why would she want to learn about halos, when "shopping is much more divine?

But when she joins an elite group of time-traveling angels fighting against the Opposition, she learns angel business is a lot more dangerous -- and a lot more fun -- than she ever could have suspected.
Published September 1st 2002 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Winging It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winging It

Kat Herondale
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
My childhood books! I will always love this series,I think she did such a great job with them.To this day I'm still attached to the characters,the lot was so original and I loved the missions,it's just amazing. I've re read them recently and I'm so glad that they really are greatly written books,and not just due to my fond memories,still one of my all time favorite series,and I hope others have read them too.I actually had the pleasure of meeting Annie when she came to my school! I'm so glad my ...more
Melissa **Dear Evan Hansen Obsessed**
Loved this book when I was a kid but never continued with the series. Maybe I'll reread it some day and then read the rest of the series too!
Brittany (Nice Girls Read Books)

I read this series when I was in grade nine, and loved them so much... now, when I re-read them, they're still good but clearly for younger teenagers. I finished the book in little more than an hour.

I like the concept of it: dead girl in heaven, sent to go back in time to be an angel in all those historical events we know of... it's charming, really.

I recommend this series for budding readers (young girls in the ages between 10-15) who are looking for a good story with a relatable main charac
Rebecca McNutt
Winging It had a creative plot but I couldn't relate to the cookie-cutter teen girl main character. Her mind is so wrapped up in boys and shopping and such that she doesn't think of much else.
Felix
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I first read this in year six and loved it then, but I was wary of it seeming less challenging and therefore less enjoyable this time around... Good to know I was wrong!
ʙ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ [ia] ᴄ
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, lovers
I haven't read this book in over 3 years. But I still remember a lot of it. Like, I remembered Mel, Lola, Reuben and Michael. But I had completely forgotten about A..., the twins and Orlando. These books are a lot shorter than I'm used to, but sometimes that's good! I think this book probably could have been a little longer, as parts (the mission, the kindergarten etc.) I think could have definitely been longer.
(view spoiler)
Angelique
Oct 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read this years ago and I remember loving it. it was one if the very few books that I read from start to finish while I was in school. I never got past the first book though, but have thought about this book and finishing this series every so often. I hope that I'll have enough time this summer to read them all, even if they are tailored for teens. I did enjoy this book when I read it.
Olivera
May 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Like many people, I read this when I was 10 to 14yrs old I would say. I remember getting 3 at Christmas and reading them in about 2 days. I really liked the concept and historical sides of them. I used to get so excited over them, would definitely recommend as YA fiction.
Lilee White
Apr 07, 2013 rated it liked it
This was just one of those books you read as a child and the plot just stays with you. loved it as a kid, rereading it now I know it was written for a younger audience but I still love it. Great book XD
Grace
Aug 31, 2017 rated it liked it
I didn't enjoy a lot of the books I read as a child, but I remember adoring these. I read three of them, and I can still remember them very well! I used to use bits of what I read to get me brownie points in history lessons. :D
Hannah Howard
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't sleep so read this. A lovely easy story about Mel, a young girl who is soon to realise that everything can change !
MissA
Mar 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
i ahve read mostr of the series of the book and i have to say annie dalton is really talented though i would say these kind of books are for the younger readers. the story is baout a girl called Mel who has died in a car crash and become an angel. at first when i read it i thought it eould quite sad but the book is more of an adventure story in each book she gets teleported to a different century a different time where she has to use her angel powers to elimiante all the bad angels, although i w ...more
Natacha Rosenberg
Apr 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I read this entire series on Danish when I was a kid and loved it. So one day I felt really nostalgic and decided to buy the first one on English and god that was a good decision. It was just as cute as I had remembered it! I flew through it. While it's obviously intended for younger audiences, I still enjoyed it as an adult, and feel that other will too. The plot too is very great, but since it is a short book, you should know that the plot develops very quickly. But if you're just looking for ...more
Eleanor Gillman
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I absolutely adored these books as a child, so I was a bit wary of rereading them incase they didn't live up to my fond memories, but I recently started the series again and loved them! The books are short enough to easily be managed in a few hours, the characters are likeable (I totally used to want Lola to be my best friend) and the action is fast-paced and fun. This book - the first in the series - is a little difficult to get started on as the overall plot is being introduced, but once the a ...more
Lemon Tree
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
These series I hold dear to my heart. I remember reading the first, and I was twelve or so, and being introduced to a main character dying. It was shocking, but in a good way, because she became an angel and not just an angel, a guardian angel, and she transformed in angel-land as she had to learn to be a better person. This is one of those books that just has this thing... this... click? I have no word for it. Few books have it, but if you need an example; Harry Potter has it.

Great read for yo
Hayley Treasure
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read this book as a child and it was the only one I ever had the patience to finish! Unfortunatley at that age I didn't bother collecting the others to read but I have recently found the book again in a cupboard and read it to my 5 year old daughter. She absolutely adores the characters and we are now collecting the other books and currently reading the second. I would recommend. :-) x
Kate Jordan
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I remember reading them as a child, and absolutely adoring these books. Now, reading them as a 22-year old adult, it's easy to see why. Mel is a relatable protagonist, the action is fast-paced, and the sense of danger is present in every mission the angels are sent on. Thrilling stuff for a kid. I'd highly recommend this series for any child in the 9-12 bracket.
Jordan
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I randomly thought about this series earlier today and had to look it up. I remember I loved this book when I was in elementary school! I don't remember a terrible lot about it except the part where she's like "I'm so glad everyone here speaks English" and the others laugh and say "No, we're speaking, well, angel." Idk.
Rinda Rosifitriani Rohimi
bercerita tentang seorang anak yang sudah meninggal diusia 13 tahun,dan masuk di akademi malaikat,dan ia menjadi malaikat kecil,tapi dia adalah anak yang sangat malas,tetapi pemberani dan ia mengalami petualangan bersama teman yang berbeda zaman
Jasmine Anne Victoria
Aug 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A great read it puts angels in a different light and sows that you donn't have to be sickly sweet to be nich. As Mel learn as she becomes a 13 year old angel and learns helping some on is more importent then a trophie.
Ella
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes, I know it's basically a children's book. But you know what? I've really enjoyed it. I've read those books when I was like 12 but I've never read the entire series so that's what I want to do now.
Cris Mercury
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this series when I was around 14 or so, they were full of adventure and fantasy. I read from the first to the sixth, and even being 20, now that I know that there are 5 more to go, I'll read them without a doubt.
Emmylou Rose
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
I loved the series when I was younger and the plot have just stayed with me through all the years but to be honest, the first book was a little hard to swallow - but then again; it is worth reading it because when the adventures begin, you will be loving it!
Vendela
Sep 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
K Ada
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable light read.
Thetravelingpanda
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read that book as a child, and it was really good! it was not the every day children book you can find and it was somehow funny. The protagonist was also great.
Gen
Nov 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Story about a dead teenager who joins a group of time-travelling angels that save the world. A fun read for tweens/younger teens
Calliope Anguish
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Calliope by: me!
loved the first book very funny! and highly plausible!
Tara Calaby
When I started reading this series, I found them fun but not life-changing... and yet now, several years later, they're still stuck in my head. Stealth favourites ;p
Balletprincess
Apr 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
really good book series
  • Rising Star (Fame School, #2)
  • The Scent of Magic (Doomspell, #2)
  • Another Amy (Replica, #3)
  • The Exiles in Love (The Exiles, #3)
  • Chocolate Wishes (Red Apples)
  • Odious Oceans (Horrible Geography)
  • The Haunting of Granite Falls
  • Brulion Bebe B. (Jeżycjada, #6)
  • War Nurse: The Diary of Kitty Langley, 1939-1940
  • Cruel Kings and Mean Queens (Horrible Histories)
  • Jimmy's Stars
  • Felix, Net i Nika oraz Pułapka Nieśmiertelności (Felix, Net i Nika, #4)
Dalton grew up as an only child in the English countryside during the 1950s. Her father was not always around, but when he was, he would tell her fantastical stories, often with her as the principal character. Her father left the family for good. Dalton missed him and his stories, which led her to the fantasy section at her local library, thus sparking life-long love of fiction.

After undertaking j
More about Annie Dalton...

Angels Unlimited (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Losing the Plot (Angels Unlimited, #2)
  • Flying High (Angels Unlimited, #3)
  • Calling the Shots (Angels Unlimited, #4)
  • Fogging Over (Angels Unlimited, #5)
  • Fighting Fit (Angels Unlimited, #6)
  • Making Waves (Angels Unlimited, #7)
  • Budding Star  (Angels Unlimited, #8)
  • Keeping It Real (Angels Unlimited, #9)
  • Going for Gold (Angels Unlimited, #10)
  • Feeling the Vibes (Angels Unlimited, #11)