Start by marking “Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)

Unleash the Night

(Dark-Hunter #8)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  38,451 ratings  ·  1,070 reviews
It's a predator-eat-predator world for the Were-Hunters. Danger haunts any given day. There is no one to trust. No one to love. Not if they want to live...

An orphan with no clan that will claim him, Wren Tigarian grew to adulthood under the close scrutiny and mistrust of those around him. A forbidden blend of two animals - snow leopard and white tiger - Wren has never l
Mass Market Paperback, 1st Edition, 378 pages
Published December 27th 2005 by St. Martin's Press

·  38,451 ratings  ·  1,070 reviews

Start your review of Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
Sophia Triad
Wren Tigarian (Katagaria - half snow leopard and half white tiger) & Marguerite "Maggie" D’Aubert Goudeau (Human)

Mom and Dad don't like me
They say I'm mean and crude
They tried to make me a good little boy
By sticking downers in my food

My neighbours try to run me down
Because I'm such a mess
Maybe it's cause of the way I look
Or maybe the way I dress

Girls don't really like me
That's why I hate myself
Maybe it's cause of the way I/>
Mom
Alex is The Romance Fox
Seize The Night the 2nd book in the Were-Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon continues with this story of Wren Tigarian,
 photo 7753596_zps9rbdju17.jpg
a hybrid mix of a Snow Leopard and a White Tiger
 photo large_zpsehael8gm.jpg
Outcast by his clan he has led a life of solitude and fighting to survive from the enemies who want to destroy him.

Marguerite D'Aubert Goudeau - Maggie - is the daughter of a prominent U.S. Senator and has been forced to lead the life of a socialite, which she despises. Beautiful and smart, she has always felt like an outsider….
Alp
I LOVED THIS BOOk! It is absolutely awesome! I loved both Wren and Maggie, a cute couple. Everything I've known about Were-Hunters is so intriguing. Near the end when Maggie got some power, I felt a bit surprised but I liked it because that made them get their sweet HEA eventually.

This is a great series! I'm flying to the next book!
Denisa
I absolutely loved this story!

I can't believe I was lucky enough to read two great books in a row!

Ok, I must admit, I forgot how much I liked this series. And surprisingly, the 8th book is still really good! Most of the times, after the first couple of books, a series becomes "meh". Not this one!

The characters were lovely! Normally, it annoys me when the plot focuses more on their love story (here, the plot was the love story!). But this one was great! It wasn't that ann
CC
I have a love / hate relationship with this series. But this one was a gem! I loved Wren and Maggie. Wren, as usual, had a heartbreaking history, but not nearly as bad as others. Maggie also had some sadness and shadows in her past, but together they were able to overcome.

Was it perfect - well no, but I am not sure anything is anymore.

Overall, I loved Wren and all of his issues and I loved watching Maggie help him through them. Even when he pushed her away, he could not let go and s
Gavin
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This was a pretty standard Dark-Hunter book. That is not a bad thing. The books are usually light-hearted reads filled with plenty of romance, humor, and with just enough drama to keep things interesting.

I liked the romance in this one. I was unsure about Wren to begin with, the guy is a bit weird, but enjoyed the way his feelings for Marguerite developed and how they helped bring him out of his shell. I was equally happy with the way Marguerite's feelings for Wren helped to give her the courag
Somia
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I forgot how much I loved this book and the main reason why it’s one of my favourites - Wren – sigh there’s just something about him.

Orphaned with no clan that will claim him, Wren Tigarian grew to adulthood feeling like he belonged nowhere. A blend of two animals - snow leopard and white tiger - Wren is misunderstood and mistrusted by many, even those who house him in Sanctuary.

Wren keeps to himself, until the day Marguerite D'Aubert Goudeau (Maggie), a human enters his world/life.
Exina
Jan 04, 2014

Unleash the Night is a really great Were-Hunter story. I enjoyed the plot very much, as well as the high quality writing. It was simply unputdownable. You have the reader’s privilege to know everything, and it is great. I like to be informed. Cleverly measured tension, great suspense and worrisome conflicts, heartbreaking past, amazing secondary characters, and emotional, intimate, but also stclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Unleash
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Very sweet book. Younger feeling, as the two main characters are college aged vs all those eons old DH's. In contrast to the DH books, the Were-Hunters books are about living life amongst humans, surviving enemies, & finding your fated mate. The DH's are all about duty, the job, being bound for all time to Artemis.

Wren: super antisocial busboy at the Sanctuary bar. Snow leopard-tiger hybrid. Extremely fierce & dangerous. Rarely speaks or makes eye contact. Appearance - hobo style.

Maggi
majo
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
THE CRINGIEST BOOK OF THEM ALL.

ugh.

I honestly dont know why I didnt enjoy it as much as the previous 7 books.... But the characters felt super boring and plain and meh. this whole book felt "meh" to me. The relationship between Wren and Marguerite lacked of passion, and there were moments super unrealistic, even in this world. UUGHH.(the very ending was amazing because we get to see Nick and I am refering to the very last page, the only interesting moment to me, tbh
Jilly
Okay, why are these were-animal men so damn sweet and swoon-worthy? Maybe it's the fact that animals are pretty honest in their emotions. I don't worry about my dog being an arrogant jerk or cheating on me with another family. Animals are pretty straight forward. Except cats. They are the embodiment of all evil.

So, we have a guy named Wren (really?), and a girl named Maggie. He's some sort of hybrid shape shifter that turns into a cross between a white tiger and a panther. Does anyone else have the Napo
Nika
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was ok

a lotta repetition and foreshadowing and exchanging povs zillion times during one scene.
plus- different voices fairly distinct, Wren; minus- aforementioned repetitivness and uninspired sex scenes.
Carmen
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romance fans
Well, unintentionally tagging on to Joe Valdez's theme, I guess this is my time-travel book for the month.
...

4 ROMANCE STARS
...

Most people think Wren Tigarian is mute. A busboy with long dreadlocks who never makes eye contact, rarely speaks, and avoids all human contact, Wren exudes a sinister, predatory aura that dares anyone to try and get close to him.

Marguerite D'Aubert Goudeau is a rich college student, daughter of a senator, attending law sch
AJ
Jul 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wren. Oh Wren. The abandoned, misunderstood, but oh-so-hot Tigard (that would be a cross between a Tiger and a Leopard). Actually he’s a were-Tigard which makes him part human as well. Whatever… he’s achingly gorgeous, and a bit of a loose cannon but at the same time is absolutely swoony with a very gentle soul. Keeping to himself since the death of his parents, he has essentially removed himself from the world, and has an innocence about him that is just irresistible!

Maggie was a great match f
Tessa Teevan
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reread- Oct 2015

Every time I pick up a Sherrilyn Kenyon book, I know I'll be doing nothing that day as I get lost in her amazing world of sexy, swoonworthy heroes and sassy, quick-witted, fierce heroines. I'm usually a little like this...

description

And I'M NEVER DISAPPOINTED!

I devoured Wren and Maggie's book and now that I'm done, I'm so sad it's over. I don't know what it is about the Dark Hunter Universe, bu
Jill
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this, Its nice how the author switches things up a bit and gives us a taste of the Katogari and Arcadian problems in a world of dark hunters, it freshens things up a bit... I was disappointed in the bears, and their actions in this story.

Wren and Maggie are such an amazing couple as they find love rather than let it find them, and chase what they want, I loved the whole time travel bit even if the outcome did confuse me.

But all in all was great.... Loved the chara
Anna 'Bookbuyer'
~~~Heather S.~~~
Jun 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*4.5 Stars*
I loved Wren and Maggie! Wren had my heart from the beginning, poor, misunderstood, sweetheart that he is and Maggie who never judged him when so many others did. The storyline was exciting and full of action with convoluted time travel elements that prevented me from putting it down! The ending was fantastic and I liked how their mating played out, Fates be damned!!
Dominika
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First time read - July 2010 ( I think) - 5 stars
Second time read - July 2015 - 5 stars
This book and Night Pleasure are my favorite from Sherrilyn Kenyon so far. There are also the first two I've read by her.
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
One of my top and favourite Dark-Hunter books. I just love how it started, my favourite line from the first page:

“Life is a soul-sucking test that you either survive or fail. Personally I think failure blows, so I intend to survive and laugh my ass off at all the losers”.

Marguerite didn’t match her snooty lifestyle that she lived; she’s down to earth and makes her own mind-up based on her moral compass, she’s strong. Wren and Marguerite had an instant connection and when walking home from the bar, whe/>

“Life
Ronda  Tutt
Nov 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Leah
Feb 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, m-f, adult-lit
P.Q. Glisson
Jan 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My daughter brought this book out to me and told me I had to read it. It looked interesting and somehow familiar so I picked it up and started reading on Friday. I finished on Sunday. About a quarter of the way through I realized I'd already read it once before, but I couldn't stop. It was soooo goood!!!!!
I put Kenyon away for awhile. Don't ask me why. I don't know what madness possessed me. She is the Queen of adult paranormal romance. I of course now have to continue reading the ones I m
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
A welcome change of pace in this series! Don't get me wrong - I love the Dark-Hunters, but I really enjoyed Wren's story. Wren is an outcast-a rare white tiger/snow leopard mix shunned by everyone. He has escaped harm thus far by staying at Sanctuary, a bar/refuge run by Were-Bears. Wren is quiet & unassuming - always staying under the radar as he works at the bar as a busboy. But things change the night Maggie Goudeau, a senator's daughter, comes into the bar with friends. For the first tim ...more
Zeek
Unleash The Night features Wren's story- a character we met briefly before in another of her novels but I can't think which. Wren, a forbidden mix of white tiger and snow leopard in Kenyon's Were-Hunter world, is silent and brooding and perfectly yummy. I fell for him instantly and, combined with the heroine, Marguerite, the book is a sure keeper.

I like Maggie, a girl from the world of wealthy politicians minus the snooty attitude. She fell for Wren at first sight and that made me li
Rutee
Dec 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wren <3
Ronak Gajjar
Mar 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, series
No, Acheron and Simi in the whole damn book? Why would you play with my emotions Woman?
description
And why is Nick not back yet? It is trashy, cheesy, romantic, and still I am going to continue series! *sighs*
Katagaria + Arcadians + Were-Hunters + Were-Wolves + Dark Hunters + Insignificant Humans blabbering = The whole book!
Concept: 3.0/5.0
Execution: 2.25/5.0
Characters Bespoken: 2.0 /5.0
Cover: 0.0/5.0
Overall: 2.5/5.0
As for Wren and Marguerite:
description
P.S.: Well, the concept was interesting! And ewwwwwwwww cover!
Lindsey
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great read. It was a nice change of pace for the Dark Hunter Reads. We still got to see some of our Hunter Friends, but it def was not redundant. Very impressed.
Wren is Tigard, a rare mix of white tiger and snow leopard, and for his entire life he has been treated as an abomination by both sides of his family. He has lived at Sanctuary since the viscous murder of his parents when he was a child but although the Peltier family have allowed him into their home they have never fully trusted him. Wren has spent his entire life being looked down on and feared so it's no wonder he chooses to keep himself to himself and avoids contact with others as much as po ...more
Turning Pages At ...: Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter #8) by Sherrilyn Kenyon 23 14 May 20, 2019 09:12AM
A Million More Pages: 9 - Unleash the Night (DH): Jul 20 2 13 Jul 26, 2015 05:09PM
The Lost Challenges: Book 9 Unleash the Night (May 1 to 15) 56 20 Jul 14, 2013 10:41AM
Kenyon Minions 1 18 Feb 11, 2008 09:03AM

• Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2)
  • Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #4)
  • Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2)
  • Passion Unleashed (Demonica #3)
  • Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5)
  • The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld #6)
  • Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #7)
  • The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld #8)
  • Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4)
  • The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld #4)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #3)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Sword of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #1)
  • Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3)
  • Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)
  • Gideon (Nightwalkers, #2)
  • The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld #7)
  • Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1)
Official Author site
Official Hunter Legends site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Paladins (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and who travel from all over the world to attend her appearances), her books are always snatched up as soon as they appear on store shelves. Since 2004, she had placed more than 80 novels on the New York Times list in all formats including manga and graphic novels. Her current series are: Dark-Hunters, Chronicles of Nick and The League, and her books are available in over 100 countries where eager fans impatiently wait for the next release. Her Chronicles of Nick and Dark-Hunter series are soon to be major motion pictures while Dark-Hunter is also being developed as a television series. Join her and her Paladins online at MySherrilyn.com and www.facebook.com/mysherrilyn

Fan Run International Sites:

Portugal

Soy Fans de Sherrilyn Kenyon

Dark-Hunter Spain

Spanish

Dark-Hunter (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #6)
  • Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #7)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
  • The Dream Hunter (Dark-Hunter #10, Dream-Hunter #1)
  • Devil May Cry (Dark-Hunter, #11)
“If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was, and always will be yours. If it never returns, it was never yours to begin with.” 576 likes
“Have you ever wanted something that you knew was bad for you? Something that you ached for so much you could think of nothing else? [Wren]” 238 likes