Start by marking “Dragonswan (Were-Hunter #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Dragonswan (Were-Hunter #0.5)

Dragonswan

(Were-Hunters 0.5)

Channon (Shannon with C) MacRea has spent years studying the legendary Dragon Tapestry, deciphering Old English symbolism. One evening delectable Sebastian Kattalakis appears -- a dragon slayer trapped between two worlds -- claims to hold the key to solving the tapestry’s mysteries. Channon follows him into a fantastic alternate world of magic, danger, and adventure.
Also i
Published September 27th 2005 by Jove (first published July 1st 2002)

Carmen
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Weredragon Lovers
I hate to rate this so low. I mean, it's just a fantasy.

You're a history professor specializing in pre-Norman Britain. A gorgeous guy who's six five comes into your office and starts chatting you up. Even though you're plain-looking (?) and your shirt is misbuttoned, your socks don't match, and you're dressed like a frump, this guy finds you irresistible. He takes you out to dinner.

Instead of being intimidated by your job, you find he can quote Beowulf in Old English from memory. He walks you ba
Sophia Triad
Sebastian Kattalakis (Were-hunter, Dragon) and Channon -Shannon with C- MacRea (human)

"Oh my God," she breathed. "It's a real Saxon village!"
"Complete with bad hygiene and no plumbing."

As you may have guessed this is a time-travel book.

"Why do you think an Arcadian would bring a human woman through time?"

The book includes a fierce Arcadian dragon (who of course has magical abilities and can time-travel like all were-hunters) and a oversentimental historian.

“What did you do to me?” she asked, tur
Gavin
Oct 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This novella was not one of Kenyon's better stories. The romantic aspects of the story felt a little rushed and the story itself was more of an introduction to the were-hunters. I think I would have liked this a whole lot more if I'd read it near the start of the series. Now that I know a ton more about the were-hunters it feels a lot like Kenyon was really still developing the idea when she wrote this one.

There was no audio for this novella and I think that hurt it a bit. The Dark-Hunter books
Exina

Dragonswan is a part of the Dark-Hunterverse series, it contains references to the basic mythology of the Were Hunter series. It explains not only the origins and the roots of the conflict between the Arcadians and the Katagaria, but provides a very coherent myth behind it.
The characteristics, specialities of Arcadians and Katagaria are very interesting and logical.

Sebastian is a typical alpha hero with the appearance of a Greek god, a pinch of remorse, and some extras, such as shape-shifting a
Sita
Jul 19, 2011 rated it liked it
description

This book is okay; compared to a lot of Sherrilyn Kenyon’s other books it is okay, not great but okay. Can’t say I’d recommend it, because I really didn’t like either of the characters but it is entertaining, although truthfully check out some of her other novella’s, this one really isn’t that good.

Julianna
May 27, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Sherrilyn Kenyon & Paranormal Romance
"3.5 stars" I found Dragonswan to be an interesting departure from Sherrilyn Kenyon's usual writing style. I admit that I have only read a handful of her stories, but of the ones I have read to date, her style seems to be a combination of humorous and touching. Dragonswan had a little of both of these characteristics, but seemed much more serious in it's presentation of the mythological angle. It is related to the Dark-Hunters series, and I think that perhaps it is meant to present some extra hi ...more
Kay
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: herps gonna derp
Recommended to Kay by: you got me at "free"
Pure romantic escapism with smexysex.

I had downloaded this for free a while ago, and randomly read it while traveling because of it was short. Which is what I recommend you do--download it for free, I mean. Because this was a typical instalust tale featuring a good-girl-but-inner-freak heroine and a highly fecund, hotter-than-your-mother's-electric-stove alpha male who is also...PART REPTILE.

I said fecund!!

My point being, this book is like 14872048 other paranormal smut on sale in bookstores. I
Renégade ♥
3 1/2 to 4 stars

"Be kind to dragons, for thou art crunchy when roasted and taste good with ketchup."

And so begins this interesting novella that takes us on an adventure with Channon (that's Shannon spelled with a 'C') and Sebastian, who is more than he first appears to be... despite, of course, appearing to be incredibly gorgeous, intelligent, charming, with a sense of humor, as well as highly jumpable:

(view spoiler)
Fangirl Musings
Nov 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves sarcastic dry humor, awesome fight scenes, and sexy characters
Recommended to Fangirl Musings by: No one; but the series was recommended by a B.A.M saleswoman

Read: November 1, 2013 - November 3, 2013
Read: May 3, 2010
Read: March 2007
Read: October 13 2005

DRAGONS!...Em...*Clears throat.* -DRAGONS!-

Yep! Dragons. That's, well, that's pretty much my entire review for this lovely little short story. "But, Jacquie!" as you're inevitably not screaming at me, "Is the story good? Is it bad? WHAT, DAMN IT?!" Calm down, my curious friends, for the answer is yes; yes, it's good. The characters are likable; Shannon with a C is nice, Sebastian is nice. The plot is
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
The female mc's name is Channon, which I was pronouncing "Chan-on," like Channing (Tatum), but no, her name is Shannon, except spelled with a C. Hate it. A girl in college named Channon told me "I like your face" in a very aggressive manner at a party once, supposedly it was complimentary, but I found it disturbing and wondered if she was planning to cut my face off and wear it later. She did not, but it made me dislike the name. Of course, I never liked the name Shannon either.

The horrible nam
Unapologetic_Bookaholic
Apr 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This short story introduces the dragon shifter to the Dark Hunter series. I believe it was a short story because it only took a few pages to explain this world and I don't think a full length novel was needed. Sometimes, I see, why authors give us just a bit. To explain what they need and move on. Esp in these series. I liked the character storyline and explanation of the creation of their species. It goes into a lot of detail whereas in other novels its just a couple sentences.
Stephanie
Jun 11, 2017 rated it liked it
I am trash for this trash.
Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts)
Sebastian is a loner, exiled by his family to wander forever alone. Being alone is a painfully lonely thing for a dragon that loves company. He has one chance at redemption but by doing so he may lose his one chance at happiness.

Channon is a lover of history and lore so is it any surprise she's attracted to the sexy medieval man standing in front of her.

Dragonswan is the first book I've read by Sherrilyn Kenyon and I must say I'm surprised by how much I enjoyed it for the most part. I thought
This was an okay story, but I found it all very predictable. Sebastian was very domineering, and basically wanted to sweep Channon off her feet and keep her bare-foot and pregnant in a different freaking century, and she went along with it because he was so hot. And then we got a whole soul-mates/bonding type thing going on as well.
6 out of 10
Heather
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Short sexy read
Thenia
A story about dragons in the complex and expansive world of Dark-Hunters.

Channon is fascinated by a tapestry picturing a dragon and she's determined to uncover its mysteries. One day while she's studying the tapestry once again, a very handsome man appears and gives her some unexpected answers.

The two share an intense attraction, which she can't help but succumb to and so finds herself mated to a dragon shifter who ends up taking her back in time to his home.

Interesting story and a glimpse into
Carol
Jan 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I didn't like the fact that there were only 86 pages in Dragonswan because as with all SK's books, I want to keep reading about her characters. This was a story that could have have gone on and on. I loved Channon and Sebastion and their relationship. In reality, only Sherrilyn Kenyon could have created a beautiful love story in 86 pages.
Tiah
Aug 02, 2009 rated it did not like it
I'm not sure why this story is part of the Dark Hunter series. It is really short which makes it hard to connect to the story and the characters. I'm not a fan of books that have characters who are perfect strangers having sex within the first chapter and then finding out they are life mated. I'm going to continue with the Dark Hunter series but this one could have totally been skipped.
N.L. Riviezzo
Very enjoyable. I was happy to get some Were-Dragon action after having read a large portion of the Dark-Hunter series. I'd like some more Were-Dragon action in the future. Say yes to Drakos! The only problem I had with the story - it was too short. I wanted some more Dragon lovin'.
Martel
Mar 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-read
What ???
She had to give up watching Buffy The Vampire Slayer in order to live with him?
Sorry, this story was just too cruel for me...
but then a nice HEA (view spoiler) occurred...;)
Linda Todd
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-fab, got
Read this book a while a gland love it as well as the other books I have read from this wonderful author Sherilyn Kenyon so yes I would be delighted to recommend this book to my friends so as always happy reading.
Reina
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
¿CÓMO QUE ESO FUE TODO? ¿CÓMO QUE NO ME FALTAN OTRAS CIEN PÁGINAS?
May 10, 2012 rated it liked it
The Dragonswan novella was originally published in the Tapestry anthology that also features stories from Karen Marie Moning, Lynn Kurland and Madeline Hunter but has since been published on it's own in both paperback and ebook formats. This is a novella so don't expect a full length book, I believe it is about 80 pages long (I read the kindle version so can't be 100% sure on that) and if you're looking for a quick but fun read then this is perfect. This fits into the Dark-Hunters series between ...more
Pete
Oct 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kenyon-sherrilyn
Dragonswan is the first Were-Hunter Series book 0.5 by Sherrilyn Kenyon which got my attention quickly on the very first paragraph.
”Be kind to dragons, for thou art crunchy when roasted and taste good with ketchup.” I started looking around for Akri’s Simi and her barbecue. Simi is one of my favorite Dark Hunter characters.

Dr. Channon MacRae had been staring at the famous Dragon Tapestry when 6’5” Sebastian Kattalakis (Mr. Do-Me-Right-Now) appeared and began speaking to her. She had been study
Martina
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. It goes against my believes that short stories aren't as satisfying as a full scale novels are.
The books was fairly short but it is all I'm looking for in a fantasy book. IT was dark, dangerous, very, very sexy, mysterious, entertaining and compelling. It was absolutely fabulous and I enjoyed it very, very much.
It also gave me a pretty good explanation about the Arcadians and the Katagarians, It gave me an understanding to their world and their rules.
I also got t
Leah
Mar 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-f, 4-stars, adult-lit
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
Evey
Actual rating: 1,5 stars.

Man, this was bad. The type of bad that makes me laugh at how bad is. And it's kind of sad, not only because I hate reading bad books, but because I was so happy to get into the Dark Hunters universe. But this one was an epic fail.

Stay the hell outta this one if you hate

-Insta love. They met and POOF, they were in love already. Like no-no. Authors, please, cut it off with this damn, lame cliché.
-Fluff, fluff, fluff. The kind of fluff that will make you puke and poop rai
Crystal
I have a feeling that every one of these I read is going to be similar. I like them, but this is the second time I read about the guy meeting this girl who isn't usually his type, can't be with due to obligations in his life but OMG MUST HaVE HER cuz he can't bear to be away from her even though they just met... Same for the girl who is written as self conscious, thinks poorly of her looks. Says that somehow this dude completes her and she aches for him to possess her. It's the same thing each t ...more
Kenyons Minions: Dragonswan BOTM 17 47 Jun 20, 2014 07:18PM
Order of Series 3 36 Dec 07, 2008 01:41PM
Kenyon Minions 1 10 Feb 11, 2008 08:08AM

• Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Let It Be Me (The Blue Raven, #5)
  • NOT A BOOK
  • How to Lose an Extraterrestrial in 10 Days (Otherworldly Men, #3)
  • The Only One (Dark, #9.5; Star, #0.5; Companion, #0.5)
  • Pretending with the Playboy (In Love with a Tycoon, #2)
  • Blood Lite (Hellchaser, #0.5)
  • Prosperity: A Judgement of the Six Mating Novella
  • It Stings So Sweet
  • Master of the Moon (Mageverse #2)
Official Author site
Official Black Hat Society site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Meny

Were-Hunters (9 books)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
  • Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #17; Were-Hunter, #4; Hellchaser, #1)
  • No Mercy (Dark-Hunter #18, Were-Hunter, #5)
  • The Guardian (Dark-Hunter, #20; Dream-Hunter, #5; Were-Hunter, #6; Hellchaser, #3)
  • Time Untime (Dark-Hunter #21; Hellchaser, #4; Were-Hunter, #7)
  • Son of No One (Dark-Hunter, #23; Hellchaser, #5; Were-Hunter, #8, Lords of Avalon, #3)
  • Dragonbane  (Dark-Hunter #24; Lords of Avalon, #4; Were-Hunter, #9, Hellchaser, #6)
“Be kind to dragons, for thou art crunchy when toasted and taste good with ketchup. (Sebastian)” 273 likes
“I’m here because I know the sadness inside you. I know what it feels like to wake in the morning, lost and lonely and aching for someone to be there with me. (Sebastian)” 59 likes