Start by marking “Birdsong” as Want to Read:
Birdsong

Birdsong

A lone bird sits in a big tree, merrily singing its tune to the world. But soon it will be joined by a friend, and then another, and another. . . . As each colorful bird lands on the branch of the tree it joins the last in a cheerful song. But one flashy bird wants to rule the roost - until something small changes his tune.
Published March 22nd 2011 by Egmont (first published February 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Birdsong, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Birdsong

Nisha
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this nearly a year ago, but I'm finally reviewing it. The fact that I remember this children's book so vividly, means it has to be really good.

Birdsong introduces each bird, singing their own song. The book is driven by the sounds the birds make, and there is no dialogue at all. There is a simple cadence that the sounds take, which helps to read this book without looking to looney. Overall, I think it makes for a very fun reading experience and I'm sure children of all ages (and adults) w
Ivan
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A gift for a nephews birthday. The illustrations are wonderful and I think that they'll capture his imagination. The story is amusing and I think his mother and father will have fun reading it aloud to him.
Kevin Summers
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Sample quote: "One small bird, in a tree. Here's another. Come and see!"
Mary Peble
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
A really fun read, if you're willing to do your best impression of exotic bird calls
Katieb (MundieMoms)
This is a fun short story, with vivid colors and simple words that will capture the attention of both toddlers and beginning readers.

With each page of the book, another brightly colored bird comes and joins in with the bird song. The birds all sit together on the branch and continue singing as more and more birds join them, until a flashy, loud bird joins them, and he wants to be the loudest of the group. That is until something changes his tune and that something is a very small quiet thing.

My
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids

M
Tasha
Oct 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This book is a simple, bright invitation to make some noise during story time! One bird lands on a tree branch and begins to sing “Kitcha kitcha Kee kee kee.” Another bird flies to the same branch and begins its own song “Urrah! Urrah! Rah rah ree.” More birds come, including an owl and a parrot, until finally a very large bird with an enormous voice manages to clear the others from the branch with very humorous results.

Read the rest of my review at Waking Brain Cells:
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
Mar 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
A simple, familiar concept with bright fun illustrations and well executed too. A bird sits on a branch and sings. He is then is joined by another and another...all with different songs. They are having fun and finally they are joined by one very loud bird who knocks them all off, but it is something very small that makes the biggest change of all.
Stacey
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: infant-toddler
beautiful illustrations and fun bird sounds
Angelina Justice
Nov 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Loooved it!!! I can't wait to use this book in a storytime. It is full of fun, zany bird sounds and colorful, zany birds. The text is short and soundalicious.
Katie
Apr 09, 2011 rated it liked it
Incorporation of the bird calls makes this one good for phonological awareness.
Carissa
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is so fun to read aloud! It's a cute story, the pictures are bright and-- did I mention it's fun to read aloud???
s e n t i m e n t a l i t i e s olittlebear
I was really enjoying this until it's abrupt end. I wanted more to it.
Mary
Wonderful use of language! This would be great for storytime. The text has a great rhythm, and the kids could help out with the "Kitcha kitcha kee kee kee!"
Paul
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
Supersonic!
Kelly
May 04, 2011 added it
Shelves: animals, picture-book
It was cute with the different colored birds and different noises. Good rhyming. It has a funny ending and I like the pictures, especially of all the feathers.
Anne-Marie
Feb 25, 2015
Beverly
Sep 27, 2012
Deb Reddy
rated it did not like it
Apr 24, 2014