Start by marking “Motor Mouth (Alex Barnaby, #2)” as Want to Read:
Motor Mouth (Alex Barnaby, #2)

Motor Mouth (Alex Barnaby #2)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  22,568 Ratings  ·  758 Reviews
Barney is a woman with a taste for speed, talent for breaking rules, and knows too much about cheating. First there was boyfriend NASCAR racer Hooker and a salesclerk. Now an unlikely winner has to be cheating. Another spotter calls for help, trapped. Their drooling St Bernard leaves his teeth marks in a corpse. They are on the run, suspected of murder.
Published July 31st 2007 by Harper (first published October 3rd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Motor Mouth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Motor Mouth

S.P. Aruna
Fast paced, commmensurate with the NASCAR theme of the book. So fast paced you don't have time to recognize the ludicrousness of the events that happen one after the other. But Ms. Evanovich wit is just as fast, and I did enjoy that. And the teasingly sexy parts that never get to fulfillment. A quick light read with some chuckles.
Cherise
Jul 11, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
First I have to say that I am a HUGE Janet fan. I have all her books and have read and re-read them a zillion times. When Metro Girl came out I was excited... I was not thrilled with Metro Girl, but I liked it. I felt like it was a rushed book, not the greatest but good. Then she started Motor Mouth and kept pushing back the release date so I thought she was really taking her time with this one and it was going to be better. I was wrong! My sister and I bought the book on it's release date. My s ...more
Tiffunee
Jan 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Baltimore mechanic turned amateur sleuth Alexandra "Barney" Barnaby), the sexy bleached blonde and her hunky NASCAR driver and sometime boyfriend, Sam Hooker, stumble into a high-octane misadventure that implicates them in numerous felonies, including multiple murder, breaking and entering, kidnapping, and, of course, grand theft auto. Now working as Hooker's race-day spotter -- and trying to come to grips with the handsome driver's recent infidelity with a salesclerk -- Barnaby guides her forme ...more
Marla
Feb 11, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one better than the first, it was hilarious from start to finish. Nothing went as they planned with hilarious results(and lots of dead bodies along the way).

(view spoiler)
Rod
Jul 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comedy
WE need more Nascar action comedies.

Here we have bad guys cheating at a Nascar race with some advanced computer micro-assistance, and then there's dead bodies, and thuggy bodyguards, A big Dog named Bean, Some hilarious Hispanic ladies, a Nascar Driver and his girlfriend Engineer trying to save their butts and blow up/steal as much as necessary.

A ludicrous story with some crazy characters. Definitely not for average readers.
Melanie
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun book to read. I was a bit surprised that Barney was able to continue working with Hooker even though they were no longer together. A nice escape.
Schells
This story was just ok but I was entertained.
A.M.
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I love the Stephanie Plum series. They are formulaic and you always know what to expect but they make me laugh. This is book two in her Alex Barnaby series. Alex trained as an engineer but has somehow ended up in motor racing as a spotter.
From this position, she observes some odd behaviour from Gobbles, the spotter for another team, just before a crash that allows a less talented driver to win and her driver, Hooker, to come in second. She suspects that the team is cheating but she can’t prove i
Jocelyn Jazmen
This is my second Evanovich book, the first being Hot Six. And true to form, it has the same wit and charm and zinging one-liners. There is a lot of stuff on NASCAR racing which required a good knowledge of the subject, and which I appreciated up to a point. There are a lot of parallels with Hot Six, that seem to be formulaic.

Amusing Dog - in this one it's a St. Bernard, Beans. (Bob the retriever was in Hot Six)
Horny Man trying to get into heroines panties - in this one it's Sam Hooker, who ende
Cindy
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I probably would have liked this book better if I actually read it versus the book on tape. I did not care for the narrator at all. Her voices for the different characters were down right goofy. & I feel like I almost should be offended. I have seen many a NASCAR race and interviews and haven't came across anyone that sounded so stupid. Or southern. The narrator tried too hard, I think.

This was just okay. The hijinks were kind of unbeliveable, but it is a work of fiction. But I do think the
Join in the discussions! 5 33 Oct 25, 2014 06:32PM
Free Books, .99 &...: Autographed Janet Evanovich Book Giveaway! 2 14 Oct 20, 2012 01:19AM
Book Haven: Signed Janet Evanovich's "Motor Mouth" Giveaway 1 5 Oct 20, 2012 12:35AM
Advanced Copies f...: Autographed Janet Evanovich Book Giveaway! 1 3 Oct 20, 2012 12:11AM
  • Foul Play
  • Bubbles Betrothed (Bubbles Yablonsky, #5)
  • Nutcase (Crazy, #2)
  • Have Your Cake and Kill Him Too (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #5)
  • 4 Bodies and a Funeral (Body Movers, #4)
  • Maggie By The Book (Maggie Kelly Mystery, #2)
  • Perfectly Plum: Unauthorized Essays On the Life, Loves And Other Disasters of Stephanie Plum, Trenton Bounty Hunter
  • Calamity Jayne Heads West (Calamity Jayne, #5)
  • The Plot Thickens (Fearless Jones, #0.5)
  • Undercover in High Heels (High Heels, #3)
  • G'Day to Die (Passport to Peril, #5)
  • McNally's Folly (Archy McNally, #9)
  • Don't Look Down
More about Janet Evanovich...

Alex Barnaby (4 books)
  • Metro Girl (Alex Barnaby, #1)
  • Troublemaker (Alex Barnaby #3)
  • Troublemaker 2 (Alex Barnaby #4)
“Happens to me all the time...People are always underestimating my dumbness.” 99 likes
“God's a busy guy. He don't have time to micromanage. What are the chances he heard that? It's early in the morning. He's probably having breakfast with Mrs. God.” 26 likes