Start by marking “Morning, Noon & Night” as Want to Read:
Morning, Noon & Night

Morning, Noon & Night

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  15,120 Ratings  ·  413 Reviews
A power revered by presidents and kings, a fortune unsurpassed by few people on earth: all that ended for Harry Stanford the day he mysteriously — and fatally — plunged from his luxury yacht into the Mediterranean Sea. Then, back home in Boston, as the family gathers to grieve for his memory and to war over his legacy, a stunningly beautiful young woman appears. She claims ...more
Published September 1st 1996 by Warner Books (first published December 16th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Morning, Noon & Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Morning, Noon & Night

Marnie  Krüger
2018 Reading Challenge
2018 Subjects Specific Reading Challenge
I have 30 books with specific subjects that I need to read

Book 2: A crime novel

A quick read
MNN

First Sentence: Dmitry asked, 'Do you know we're being followed, Mr Stanford?'

Sidney Sheldon is one of those easy reading writers. You pick-up the book and before you know, you've read have of it.
Gripping, full of plot twists and interesting characters you can't help but like what's in your hand.
I should definitely make a priority to read the other Sheldon books on
Lynai
Jan 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed
The downside of having read too much Sidney Sheldon is that you already know what to expect – surprising plot twists. That is why while reading this book I was already making bets with myself as to who the real culprit was. The thing is, Sheldon spoiled the fun for me as he already revealed the perpetrator early on in the story. Or so I thought. Because a few pages before it ends, something turns the story around. But still, the surprise I was preparing myself for wasn’t as that much of a surpri ...more
Salymar
Jun 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was the first Sidney Sheldon book I have read.
After reading this, I'm inlove with Sidney Sheldon. VERY INLOVE.

OSM characters. OSM AUTHOR. OSM story. OSM conflict. OSM. VERY OSM.
Ajla
And my 7th book for the Booktube-a-thon is done!!
Amazing read, just like you would expect from Sidney Sheldon.
Avanthika
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Harry Stanford - Cruel, self-made millionaire is falling off from his yacht into raging sea. Before his murder mystery gets solved, his children are gathering to share their father's wealth. Story starts when his illegitimate child Julia Stanford joins the race. Mystery unveils slowly & steadily. The final twist about the supposed "wealth" proves why Sidney Sheldon is the best storyteller of the century.
Una Tiers
Jan 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Nice plot twisting all over. Characters I couldn't invest in one bit.
Renuka Dixit
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
I have read lots of sidney sheldon novels...are you afraid of the dark,bloodline,if tomorrow comes,tell me your dreams.....all of them being fantastic novels i expected a bit more from this one...it ended just as the steam had started gathering up....no suspense..a bit predictable...not one of sheldon's best for me...
Anna
1.5
What a lot of nasty unpleasant characters. A few of them develop some slightly redeeming characteristics in the course of the book, but the only really nice person from first to last is Julia and she just does not deserve to be thrown in among these others. The first Sidney Sheldon I have read and probably also the last.
Popsugar challenge 2018: A book with a time of day in the title
H.M. Flath
Dec 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Morning, Noon and Night by Sidney Sheldon is an easy, quick-read and enjoyable novel filled with intrigue and subterfuge. Having read several novels by Sidney Sheldon, I was looking for and anticipating interesting twists which I have come to expect from this author. I certainly was not disappointed as many curve balls were thrown but I was surprised by the one where I learned that the cruel, wealthy billionaire, Harry Stanford, actually had no money at all. I guess that is what makes Sidney She ...more
Abdirahman Nur
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I've ever read. It was amazing. I would recommend this to anyone one out there.
Σπυροπούλου
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Εξαιρετική η γραφη του Σέλντον μεταδίδει τέλεια στον αναγνωστη πολλά συναισθηματα και ξεχυλίζει απο αγωνία και μυστήριο!!Χαίρομαι αφανταστα που εχω κ αλλα δικα του βιβλία στα αδιάβαστα!!
ناصر سليم
داستانی از سیدنی شلدون
به ترجمه : کاوه رحیمیان

داستان درباره مردی میلیاردر به اسم هری استانفورد که شخصیتی هوس ران و خودخواهی داره
و بخاطر عدم وفاداری در زندگی شخصی و خیانت به همسرش، همسرش با وجود سه تا فرزند دست به خودکشی می زنه
هری استانفورد با معلمه خصوصی بچه هاش رابطه برقرار می کنه و از این زن هم دارای یک دختر نامشروع میشه
فرزندان هری استانفورد دل خوشی از پدرشون نداشتند
و هری استانفورد تو آخرین سفری که با قایق خصوصی اش داشت کشته میشه و این نقطه عطف اول داستانِ، حالا وارثان استانفورد برای رسیدن
ijul (yuliyono)
Oke, ini perkenalan pertama sama Sidney Sheldon. Suka, jadi kepingin baca yang lain. Saya selalu nyari novel lokal yang bertema romance-keluarga-drama tapi dengan tambahan konflik pembunuhan atau misteri apa gitu, jadi kan bisa seru. Mungkin semacam Maria A. Sardjono, V. Lestari, gitu, ya? eh, Mira W. atau Marga T. juga suka, sih.
Gisela Hausmann
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Excellent, as almost all Sidney Sheldon books, only the plot is a bit overdone. Harry Stanford is meaner than mean and Tyler is more corrupt than a judge could possibly be.
Giridharan
Jun 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wow!! One of the best Sidney Sheldon I have read.The book is a classic.You never know what to expect as you keep turning pages.The plot is a good old one - a wealthy father cruel to his children and the children trying to get hold of their father's wealth.But Sidney has made it a refreshing tale filled with twists and turns that make you feel if riding in a roller coaster is better.The witty and cold - blooded Judge Tyler Stanford, the soft Kendall Stanford, the drug addict Woodrow Stanford make ...more
Sifat's Book Kingdom
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful lady goes to a family gathering following the secretive demise of Harry Stanford, guaranteeing to be his departed tyke and expressing her rights to an offer of the investor's bequest, in an entrancing, crazy ride novel.

"Marry him. Good dull husbands are hard to find.” ― Morning, Noon & Night
Rachel Lucas
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first time reading Sidney Sheldon and I actually enjoyed this book much more than I thought I would.
While I wasn't mindblown or anything by the plot, it did keep me turning pages to know what happened next.
Slightly predictable at points but even so, a pretty enjoyable book. Looking forward to reading more books by this author.
Aman Bajwa
Jul 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
a big NO!
Henri Moreaux
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent Sheldon page turner, one of the world's wealthiest men dies leaving behind a billion dollar estate. Following the funeral a woman turns up claiming to be the illegitimate child and entitled to a portion of the estate.

Typical of a Sheldon novel there is layers of detail and numerous twists.
Doctor
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This thrilling book of intrigues,fraud,betrayal, and suspicion fittingly ends in exposures,arrests murderous attempts,and murders.All kinds of tricks have been employed to hoodwink the suspected which include husband, wife,brother, sister, and father.It is a no-holds-barred thriller of felony made vivid by twists and turns many times more than a plot needs.
But all of those spring from certain idiosyncrasies and hideous intentions of the lead characters.For example, Harry's larger-than-life pers
Sara Kamjou
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, mystery
اگر شما هم کتابهایی مثل اگر فردا بیاید یا خشم فرشتگان رو از سیدنی شلدون خوندین و محو داستانش شدین، توصیه میکنم هرگز سراغ این کتاب نیاین تا به کلی از سیدنی شلدون ناامید نشید!
شروع، ادامه، پرداخت و پایان کتاب واقعا ضعیف بود. شخصیتپردازیها حتی تا پایان داستان خوب جا نمیافته. اگرچه شوکهایی تو داستان وجود داره اما به حدی کل داستان سرهمبندی شده هست که شما رو در خودش غرق نمیکنه تا احساس غافلگیری داشته باشید.
شخصیت هری استنفورد که کل داستان بر محور اون میچرخه حتی با پایان کتاب در هالهای از ابهام باقی میمو
Julie
Jun 26, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again, everything you could hope for in a Sidney Sheldon novel: bland title, power-hungry and deceitful characters, and many twists and turns along the way. I had fun guessing what would happen, and even though I got most of them right, I also guessed a few of them incorrectly (the fun part about his books is that anything can happen, so it's all fair game). Done in 2 days
Nyla
May 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Nyla by: Catherine Javier
Shelves: favorite-books
a story of four siblings where fame,ambition,money and deception lies ahead of them as their longing for their father's approval...as well as the wealth with gives much terrifying,explosive revelations from the beginning to the end....

Morning,noon & night... a book you could'nt help to drop off at your hands until you finish.

Mayuri
May 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: okay-good-books
The book was good. A very typical Sidney Sheldon book. Hence, there is lots of twists and turns. But since there was so many big twists in the middle, that the final twist was expected and it rather looked like a smaller twist than the first one. When everything fell into piece, one can certainly predict what the final twist is going to be. I certainly did. But all in all, it was a good read...
Jay Jani
Oct 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: only Sheldon fans
A typical property based novel and yet Sheldon writes it so beautifully to make it immensely captivating. To me its the first Sheldon novel that doesn't feature a strong woman character and sensuous scenes. But it does feature typical Sheldon twists and turns that makes it enjoyable.
Jeanette
Aug 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
I have read several of Sidney Sheldon books and have read this one twice. Plenty of twists and turns and although the killer is revealed, it still keeps you in suspense as to how the story is going to unfold.
Ana
Aug 01, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Longe de ser extraordinário, não deixa de ser uma leitura leve e agradável.

A fórmula é um pouco repetida, especialmente quando já se leu alguns livros deste autor, mas de evz em quando sabe bem, que mais não seja para ler algo mais leve e para alternar leituras mais complexas.
Melanie
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was my first Sidney Sheldon and definitely not my last. This was a non-stop action book. There were lots of twists and turns... some I saw coming but the majority of them I did not see coming. I like stories with dysfunctional families, and this family sure was dysfunctional!
Jimish Parekh
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sidney Sheldon, a man who keeps you wondering what is going to be next in this story. it's utterly irresistible to let go of this book and go to your worklife. At the same time, you love to read epic mystery that has been carved beautifully in this novel.
Must read I would say!
Uyên Khôi
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cú twist không có gì làm quá bất ngờ nhưng thực sự câu chuyện cũng đem lại cho mình những bài học về cách đối nhân xử thế. Mình thích cách viết của Sidney Sheldon.
Morning, noon & night 1 1 Jul 03, 2018 09:27PM
  • Abduction
  • Beaches II: I'll Be There
  • Dreams Die First
  • Dazzle
Sidney Sheldon (1917-2007) was an American writer who won awards in three careers—a Broadway playwright, a Hollywood TV and movie screenwriter, and a best-selling novelist.

His TV works spanned a twenty-year period during which he created I Dream of Jeannie (1965-70), Hart to Hart (1979-84), and The Patty Duke Show (1963-66), but it was not until after he turned 50 and began writing best-selling no
“Marry him. Good dull husbands are hard to find.” 0 likes