Start by marking “Girl in the Woods” as Want to Read:
Girl in the Woods

Girl in the Woods

Published 2009 by Little, Brown Group Limited

To ask other readers questions about Girl in the Woods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girl in the Woods

Start your review of Girl in the Woods
Renita D'Silva
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Haunting and thrilling. Loved it.
Debra
For my written review, please check out the link below:
Debra's Book Cafe

Debs :-)
♥ Marlene♥
Jul 08, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, thriller
Not as good as I'd hoped it would be according to reviews.The story is told by different people and i can understand if people find it confusing. It is my opinion that it was all a bit far fetched not really logical. Read this book in Germany while on vacation with family.
Mich
Feb 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
DISMANTLED>>> SAME BOOK!!!
Belle
Nov 05, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 Rating. What an odd book. The positives just about outweighed the negatives. Positives: It was a slow starter but about mid way through, once it really got going, then it was particularly gripping and I read it very quickly. I had to get to the end to find out the answers. The last quarter of the book was spooky scary. I was home alone at night and I was scared enough to take a quick tea break. Twice! I liked the imagery and the descriptions were well done. All senses were well covered. What ...more
Shay
Jun 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
Jennifer McMahon is my favorite author and I don't know why it has taken me so long to read this book. This was the last book I needed to read of hers and I kept putting it off. I made the mistake of buying this book and the book Dismantled thinking they were two different books. It wasn't until I started reading both books at different times that I noticed they are the same book so I finished this one but I don't know if there are any differences between the books besides the name.

Just like
Patricia
May 15, 2015 rated it liked it
I rated it 3 stars because it was a good book but with an unfinished ending. Yes the author reveals who was behind everything but what happened to Tess and Henry? Did they go to jail?
I also didn't fall in love with the characters. I usually find myself connecting with the characters in a book, but I wasn't really feeling these ones. I read the book fairly quickly because it was spooky and interesting, however I don't feel the ending was complete.
Definitely worth reading and I will be passing
Anna
Jul 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
This to my mind, is a really ultra strange story. I forced myself to finish it in the hope something would enlighten me as to the plot. It didn't. On completion I was every bit as confused as at the start. If that's author is well liked for this genre perhaps the 'thriller' genre is just not for me.
Hannah
A great pageturner with some splendid twists at the end, but I never really connected with any of the characters, which is a shame. Too Secret History light. But as I said, I WAS unable to stop reading every time I started, and that "just one more chapter"-feeling is always a good sign, of course. So I do want to read more by this author.
Julia
Dec 01, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a tough one. The plot is brilliant and has plenty of twists and creepy moments but I'm not sure I like the style of writing. I feel it could have been more tense and scary because the plot was there to support it. Overall though it's a good book and worth a read.
Inger Brecknell
I didn't finish this book. It just didn't grab me. It's the story of a group of college friends who witness a tragic event up in a remote cabin in the woods and the lingering repercussions of that fateful day. Score: 4/10.
Heather
Apr 25, 2014 rated it did not like it
I struggled to finish this book. The story was just not my bag. The characters were not believable. I'm sure many people like it, but it just wasn't for me. my apologies for bringing the rating average down...
Jane Myers
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
A nice little creepy ghost story? Or is it a thriller with a twist. Certainly sent a few shivers up my spine whilst reading it - don't read it alone with the Danner doll chapters near the end, that's all I can say. Intend looking out for her other books and hope they are as good as this one.
Any Length
Sep 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
In typical Jennifer McMahon fashion this book keeps you guessing till the end. And when you think you've worked it all out there'll be another surprise and yet another twist for you. Another masterpiece by Jennifer. Loved reading this one.
Christina
Jul 02, 2013 rated it liked it
very good book, but a bit boring at times. I liked that not being hetero was something so normal.
Marije
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book has the promiss of good writing and college art students taking their ideals too far. But the plot is chaotic and unrealistic.
Kayla Anderson
Jul 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
Not sure why I kept reading this book bc I never really liked it. I didn't like Henry or Tess and found the plot really unbelievable. Overall, wasn't a fan and would probably give it 1.5.
Elaine
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Suspenseful at times but predictable in parts.
Jessica
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!
Jill
Aug 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Quite creepy. Well paced tension, not a page turner - that would ruin it.
Tracy
Dec 05, 2015
Meg
Apr 03, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I'm the author of seven suspense novels, including Promise Not to Telll, The Winter People, and most recently, The Night Sister . I live in central Vermont with my partner and daughter, in an old Victorian that some neighbors call The Addams Family house.