Start by marking “Bastet (Earth Warriors, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bastet (Earth Warriors, #1)

Bastet (Earth Warriors #1)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  213 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Kellan Largent is a grad student at Harvard. His thesis is on ancient Egyptian religious cults. While immersed in his research, he comes across an obscure reference to the Earth Warrior cult. Little does he know that one sentence in a dusty, tattered book will engulf him in a battle between good and evil. A battle that could be the end of the world as he knows it.

The stra
Published June 24th 2010 by Amber Allure (first published June 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Bastet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bastet

Jul 05, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, paranormal, romance
Grad student Kellan, who is studying obscure ancient Egyptian cults, comes across a reference to a strange cult called the “Earth Warriors”. He’s curious enough to delve further into this line of research. At the same time he has two new additions to his life: One is a stray cat who has started visiting his flat and the other is a gorgeous man, Baz, who he meets at a bus stop and finds a mutual attraction. It isn’t long though before Kellan finds that he’s put his life in danger by a man who wil ...more
Ro Dubose
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kellan Largent, a grad student at Harvard, is waiting at the bus stop when a handsome stranger approaches and strikes up a conversation with Kellan. The stranger is Baz, a man that seems very interested in Kellan’s research into the Earth Warrior cult. However, Baz is not the only one interested in Kellan’s finds; there is an evil man who will do anything for the immorality spell, including kill Kellan for the temple’s secret location.

Bastet is the first book in the Earth Warriors series. The we
Blaine Hall
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and was so happy that I purchased the paperback! It has become one of my favorites. I have always been fascinated with Ancient Egypt and this book is the perfect blend of modern and ancient. What a ride it is!! I hope, hope, hope that there will be many, many, many more to collect and enjoy!!!
Sui Lynn
Dec 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
Excellent!! Bravo!! This was a wonderful read. I was totally pulled into the story. I love the Egyptian twist on shape shifters. I can't hardly wait for the next story. This is going to be on my favorites list for a long time. A definite HEA that will keep you purring and grinning from ear to ear waiting impatiently for the next in this series.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
3.5 rounded up to 4 because it's really well done for a formulaic romance. I was disappointed, though. I wanted more substance, and less instalove. But there was drama and danger (although it kind of fizzled) and I want to read the next one.

Happy ending? (view spoiler)
Dallie P
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So many contradictions. He's willing to risk his heart because closing it off is no way to live. But it's been decades because he wasn't willing to risk his heart again after his last lover died. He followed Kellan for a month before approaching him. But he's been watching him for months.

Once you get passed those little annoyances, as well as a few when you question how something can even happen (Why were they following Kellan for so long if he had only just discovered the Earth Warriors? kind
Joyfully Jay
Jul 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: camille
A Joyfully Jay review.

3 stars

Here is a book that I found more or less campy despite the ancient Egyptian theme. Overall, it was a bit simplistic for my tastes. First off, we have instalove between two flat characters, Kellan and Baz. Second off, the quasi-“chosen one” trope ran rampant throughout the motifs—there’s each of the seven warriors who got chosen for their task by one of the gods/goddesses themselves and there’s Kellan for randomly finding what was an entirely unknown and unmitigated
Aug 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-paranormal
When I first saw this book I was all geared up for some Egyptian mythology and paranormal stuff. Unfortunately I was pretty disappointed in this book overall. For me this book just lack depth in the mythology, world building, and characters. For the mythology each Earth warrior gets an Egyptian god's name slap on them and the ability to shift into the form associated with the god and that's it. The is no more mention of any Egyptian Mythology or anything surrounding Egypt in particular. I didn't ...more
Shira Anthony
Apr 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kellan is a grad student who has stumbled onto some information that makes him vulnerable, and Baz (Bastet) is an immortal who is sent to protect the boy from those who would like to wring the secret to immortality from him. Baz is sexy and a bit jaded, but he falls hard for the geeky Kellan, and Kellan responds in kind.

I think with a little editing help, this book could easily have been a 5-star. But there are some things that just didn't ring true. For example, Baz insists he's not interested
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've loved Egypt since I was a little girl so finding a book that blends in Egyptian Gods/Goddesses and lore together with the characters and plot was a win for me. I thought Kellan was sweet and I liked how Baz was willing to sacrifice pretty much everything for him. I did think that Kellan was more in the background than Baz and the other warriors and I wish he'd been more present, if that makes sense. I just felt like Baz was the where the attention went if they were together in a scene. I di ...more
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I loved this page turner of a cute story till we get to a revelation in the near end. Yes, they end up together BUT Kellan remains mortal and will die one day laving Baz. So will the fate be of the other warriors who fall for humans/mortals.

Baz has had lovers in the past and they all die on him and leave him heartbroken. Kellan despite getting the stamp of approval from the Goddess apparently remains mortal. THAT was CRAPPY for me. knocked down a star because of that.

Hate to think Kellan will j
Wendy Ann
Interesting start to a new series. I’m surprised and a bit disappointed that there hasn’t been a second one in the past five years to continue with the world building and stories for the secondary characters. I really liked Kellan’s character – he was a nice blend of geeky history nerd and hidden strength with a touch of humor. Throw in a little bit of mystery with a shapeshifting black cat and as I said – interesting!
Interesting incorporation of Egyptian lore. Immortal Earth Warriors who represent seven Egyptian Gods and Goddesses exist to protect the planet. Part of their job is to prevent knowledge of them to exist. Kellen uncovers references to the Earth Warriors and Bastet steps in to find out what he knows. In the process they fall in lust and excitement ensues. Had a bit of insta love and definitely set up the series for the other warriors to find love.
3.5 Stars

An interesting enough start to the Earth Warrior series. It set up the premise well but I found the characterization for Baz and Kellan to be a bit light. I'm hoping that certain unresolved aspects will be clarified in future books. And I do hope there are more books forthcoming...especially one revolving around Sekhmet and Isis!
Mara Ismine
Mar 01, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
I couldn't get into this and don't know why. I didn't take to the characters and found it difficult to worry about them. There was nothing wrong with the writing or the plot and there are a lot of secondary characters to weave stories around.
Jun 11, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was funny and good written I say its good start. The characters - "Eath Warriors" where pictured as a family team and I really wished other books from this series would be already out.

Jun 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story, a little too short even with 180 pages. will wait for the other brother to find (male) love ! and who will be the next villain.
Oct 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-them
I really loved story and the characters, but I really want the series to continue. Hopefully T.A. Chase can continue the series soon, I love this type of genre.
Sj Heckscher-Marquis
Bought it this morning on download... got so into it I had finished it by the end of the day. Thoroughly enjoyable, fast moving read. Really looking forward to the next one.
rated it it was ok
May 23, 2011
Melissa Jane
Sep 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Dracul's Blood (Dracul's Revenge, #1)
  • Reindeer Games (Reindeer Games, #1)
  • Trammel (Foundations of Magic #2)
  • Lords of Kellesborne (The Draegan Lords #2)
  • Wolfsbane (MIA Case Files, #1)
  • October: Trick of Silver (Calendar Boys, #10)
  • Blood Signs (Blood, Moon and Sun #1)
  • An Unnatural Worth
  • A Prophecy of Destiny (Ancient Prophecy, #1)
  • Last Call Europe: Black Wolf
  • Healer (The Institute #1)
  • Wings (Wings, #1)
  • Dreamlands (Dreamlands #1)
  • Black Wolf (Wolf Creek, #1)
  • Out There in the Night
  • Hell Cop 2
  • Monster (Minders #1)
  • The Guardian
There is beauty in every kind of love, so why not live a life without boundaries? Experiencing everything the world offers fascinates me and writing about the things that make each of us unique is how I share those insights. I live in the Midwest with a wonderful partner of thirteen years. When not writing, I’m watching movies, reading and living life to the fullest.
More about T.A. Chase...

Earth Warriors (2 books)
  • Anubis (Earth Warriors, #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• The Silent Shield (Kingfountain #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Gateway to Fourline (The Fourline Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Scourge of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Nightstalkers (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Book of Truths (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Rift (Area 51: Nightstalkers, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Forsaken Throne (Kingfountain #6)
  • Caraval (Caraval, #1)
  • Rebel Genius
    $6.38 $2.99
  • Time Patrol (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The King's Traitor (Kingfountain, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Insignia (Insignia, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hollow Crown (Kingfountain #4)
  • Moving Mars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Blood Rose Rebellion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Great Pursuit (Eurona Duology, #2)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Crown (The Selection, #5)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1)
    $10.29 $2.99
  • Neverwhere
  • Reamde
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Shadow of Empire (Far Star Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Final Trade (The Dominion Trilogy, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1)
    $4.09 $1.99
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Reluctant Queen (The Queens of Renthia #2)
  • Timequake
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00