Start by marking “The Star Prince (Star, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Star Prince (Star, #2)

The Star Prince (Star #2)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  708 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
A wild and passionate love affair brings our hero and heroine together. Neither can resist the attraction they feel for one another and everything else takes second place.
Published May 1st 2010 by Love Spell (first published November 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Star Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Star Prince

Dec 01, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this sometime in 2005 or 2006 and remember liking it. It's a sci-fi romance and part of a series (#3). The heroine was a princess on the run from her life (and future husband) and takes a job flying a space ship for the hero. Of course, her family is hunting for her and the hero has a secret of his own...Very nice!
The plots of romance novels are built upon coincedence... although I suppose one might argue that its fate instead.
Anyway, having stolen a space ship and run away from home Tee'ah (see, she has an apostrophe in her name, she's totally from space) she just happens to run into the heir of the known galaxy (or whatever). And they, um, fall in love.
Did I mention that they ride on a motercycle?
It wasn't that bad a story, just not terribly deep and none of the characters really pulled me in. Bits wer
An extra star in my rating just because the heroine buys feminine hygiene products! Ever notice how women in romance novels don't have to fit saving the universe and shagging the hot guy around their periods? It bothers me. She also buys birth control "just in case" ... which stops me, the reader, from throwing the book across the room in irritation when I see the inevitable accidental pregnancy plot. Usually futuristic/sci-fi societies are depicted as having ridiculously advanced technology but ...more
Fun book with a really great hero. Susan Grant's writing isn't lyrical and her stories aren't completely unique, but she puts the whole package together quite well. She's a good writer that knows how to move her story along nicely while building romantic tension. I've read two books of hers and have liked the characters, strong women and men that are sexy without being neanderthals. In this case the truly likable, honorable hero bumped what might be an average book up to above average.
Lulu Fairhazel
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So romantic!

I love reading books by Susan Grant and this is another brilliant read from the series. The romance is steady and so real, and there are a few other couples as well that I hope we get to hear more from someday soon! Very nice sci-fi romance with lots of easy going descriptions to recognise and get you into the worlds.
The second book in the Star series by Susan Grant. Tee'ah is a royal princess of Vash Nadah and expected to marry a royal prince and to live in seclusion. But "Tee" wants freedom to live her own life. So she escapes and ends up on Donavan's Blunder where she is hired on as Ian Stone's pilot. Ian is really Ian Hamilton, the heir of the Vash Nadah throne. He is undercover for his father in the frontier. When his pilot dies he is forced to find another to take his place.

Scifi Romance is one of my
Tara van Beurden
Another enjoyable Susie book! I liked this one - I liked Ian and I like Tee'ah, and I really liked the little side plot with Gann and Lara (please, please, please Ms Grant comment on this in the next one) and the good thing about Grant's books is that her 'second book in the trilogy' never feels like that. My only grievance was with Rom's weird behaviour - one minute he was telling Ian he was the greatest thing since sliced bread, the next he was ordering him home like a naughty child and then i ...more
Judy Lewis
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: The Star Prince
Series: Star Series
Author: Susan Grant
Designation: Book Two of Series, Full-length Standalone, NO Cliffhanger
Genre: Science Fiction Romance
My Rating: Five Divinely Entertaining Stars*****
Oh my! Oh my! Oh my! Susan Grant has knocked it out of the park with The Star Prince, the second riveting release in her divinely entertaining Star Series, and she totally rocked my world - again! I love science fiction, adore action/adventure, and s
Laz the Sailor
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scifi, smut, 2018-bw
This is a strong sequel to the first story. The independent heir to the throne finds his Cinderella in rags, only to find that he is more than a match for him, and a princess as well.

Great action and secondary characters. This author always provides a slow build-up for the romance and sex scenes, bubbling but never boiling over. The HEA is nicely done.

I will read the next one.
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A highly entertaining story with a few instances of finding it difficult to suspend disbelief. Very enjoyable.
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was less interesting than the first book. I put it down a few time because of boredom. The story was not that interesting and neither was the romance.
Sumeetha Manikandan
Not as good as the first part but not bad either. Passable.
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A princess who desperately wants freedom from her restrictive life, Tee’ah Dar steals a starship and heads for the frontier. She gets hired as a pilot by the desperate Ian Hamilton, heir to the King of the Galaxy, who is stranded without a pilot and traveling incognito on a mission to track down an Earth senator. Senator Randall is collecting evidence of corruption in his quest to convince Earth to split from the galactic union and Ian must convince the senator to give him a chance to bring peac ...more
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As Vash nobility, Princess Tee'ah Dar has lived her life in traditional cocooned seclusion. The contract for a political marriage to a Vash Nadah Prince has been arranged since her childhood and will be signed in a few months. To an outsider it would appear she has everything and she does, except for the things that are important to her. Things like the freedom to make decisions for herself, to pilot a starship and to marry for love. So she runs. She steals a ship and travels to a notorious frin ...more
Sep 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scifi-romance
I thoroughly enjoyed Susan Grant's Champion of Baresh, which takes place in the same universe as the three Star novels... so, of course, I back tracked to read the Star books.

Book two, Star Prince, turns its attention to Ian, Rom's step-son and appointed heir. He wants to earn the respect of the ruling Vash empire, even though he is an ethnic outsider. Tee, on the other hand, chafes at the traditional seclusion required of high-born women in Vash society, and her parents long ago contracted an
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Star Prince - Star, Bk 2 by Susan Grant

Ian Hamilton considered himself a typical guy, a finance major who found all the excitement he needed in the stock market and his vintage Harley. Then his stepfather offered him the crown to an empire and the reins of a mission critical to world peace. What could he do but go for the ride?

In a daring bid for freedom, Princess Tee'ah fled the world she knew for the freedom to fly. No more princes, no more rules. Both the man she wed and the life she led
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Star Prince by Susan Grant second in the series.
Ian Hamilton Has been named Heir apparent by the King of the Vash Nadah by His step Father.
Tee'ah Dar is a princess and longs for the freedom granted the masses. And she wants to fly, she sneaks out and takes flying lessons. She is now a star pilot and her father forbids her to fly and is arranging a marriage. She runs away and her little star ship is stolen, she meets Ian and his pilot has died. They are both incognito, he hires her with reser
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
So, Susan's Grant's world reminds me an awful lot of the Star Wars universe...which is great! Especially since she adds in strong female characters and believable romances to make that knockoff universe sing.

I enjoyed the first book in this series enough to try The Star Prince, but I'll admit that Grant's first effort had flawed pacing. This sequel, though, is 1,000% better, with the same tantalizing feel but in a much more cohesive package. I'm looking forward to book 3, and can tell I'll be sa
Lori Livingston
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another joy ride of a book.

After reading "Star King", I couldn't wait to read this sequel. Believe me when I say it did not disappoint. If you are looking for a good romance you will enjoy this one. If you want technical schematics for the ships and deep scientific accuracy, not so much. Most of us who read romances are interested in the story and the people. This book fills that description and then some. I loved it and can't wait to read "Star Princess".
Anja Braun
pretty good read...all up to the point where I read they were related ugh I don't care if it was by marriage(cousins) sorry that is where the book lost me..Liked it til then after that was icky..Should have left that tidbit out and probably would have given U a 4 . Tell me truly how that added to the plot any at all..
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read! I love the characters. Ian and Tee are complex and so are the others characters in the book. Although this book could stand alone, the story means when you read the first in the series beforehand. I am going to start the next this evening. I am so glad I found this author.
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book!

I love this series. The romance and the plot are amazing. I loved Ian and Tee was a great heroine. Their romance was epic. I can't wait to read the next book and I definitely recommend this series.
Dec 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Reminds me a little bit of the Liaden Universe books. It can't compete with Lee & Miller's brilliance, but still quite enjoyable :)
Danny L Walling
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Not as good as book one, but had an outstanding story that had you going from page one. Love Ian and Tee. It took them awhile to get together, but real love was there.
The incognito schtick wears pretty thin. "If only she were a princess!" "He's definitely not the prince even though he looks just like him and has the same name!" It was fine at first but dragged on like that for much too long.
Dayna Smith
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: guilty-pleasures
I just love Grant's books, the stories are really compelling and fun to read.
Georgie Kelly
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it.
Jun 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: susan-grant, fantasy
This is the 1st book i read in the series. I really enjoyed it. Great characters and fasinating story.
  • The Power of Two (2176 Series, #4)
  • Day of Fire (2176 Series, #2)
  • The Shadow Runners (2176 Series, #3)
  • Unearthed (UN-Forgettable, #1)
  • The Ultimatum (Rystani #3)
  • The Down Home Zombie Blues
  • An Accidental Goddess
  • Close Contact (Alien Affairs, #2)
  • Alien in the Family (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #3)
  • Shield's Lady (Lost Colony, #3)
  • Shadower (Shielder #2 )
  • Beyond The Shadows (Realms Beyond, #2)
When NY Times/USA Today bestselling author and Air Force veteran Susan Grant isn’t driving an 18-wheeler (a 747 jumbo jet) she loves writing romantic, action-packed stories featuring gutsy woman and honorable men. Flying to exotic places and trying every kind of food imaginable helps Susan bring her sci-fi worlds alive for readers. She is a winner of the prestigious RITA award for her book Contact ...more
More about Susan Grant...

Star (4 books)
  • Star King (Star, #1)
  • Star Rogue (Star, #3)
  • Star Champion: The Champion of Barésh (Star, #4)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Judgment (Cassidy & Spenser, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Breathless
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Happened One Midnight (Pennyroyal Green, #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)