Start by marking “Outlaw's Bride” as Want to Read:
Outlaw's Bride

Outlaw's Bride (The Western Sky Series #1)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  615 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Bestselling author Lori Copeland weaves together elements of a wonderful, classic Western romance with themes of forgiveness and grace.

Falsely convicted of bank robbery, drifter Johnny McAllister is sent to a rehabilitation program in the home of a California judge. When he goes to Judge McMann's home, his aim is to be a model prisoner, hoping to be released early and retu
Published July 1st 2009 by Harvest House Publishers (first published July 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Outlaw's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Outlaw's Bride

Sandy
Aug 04, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The plot was a little different from your usual "damsel in distress", but there wasn't enough character development or enough development of the relationship between the main characters. When I read a romance, it either needs to make me want to say "Awwww!" or fan myself a little (but not because it's indecent). This one didn't do either. It moved a little slowly in places, but also had a few funny places that made me laugh out loud. My grade would be C+.
Breanna
This book was okay, but it kind-of irritated me. The romance was kind-of inconsistent and the end felt a bit abrupt. There was something that was left unresolved and it annoyed me a bit.
Linda Clarke
Jun 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outlaw’s Bride is a delightful story of love and laughter. When Ragan and her employer, Judge McMann, decide to take on the responsibility of rehabilitating outlaws, she doesn’t realize that one certain outlaw is going to touch her heart. There is something about Johnny that doesn’t quite make sense and she becomes more and more curious about his past. Why won’t he talk about himself? Why is he so quiet? Is he really guilty of robbing a bank or is he innocent? Whatever the answers are to these q ...more
Tamara Tilley
Apr 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lori-copeland, own
Lori Copeland, known for her romantic westerns, does not disappoint with OUTLAW'S BRIDE. Originally entitled The Bride for Johnny McAllister when released in 1999, OUTLAW'S BRIDE is an enjoyable read with characters that are warm and truly likable.

When wrongly accused of bank robbery, Johnny McAllister is spared hanging and instead sentenced to a rehabilitation program at the home of Judge McMann. Johnny is more than willing to work off his sentence so that he can accomplish his goal - kill Dir
Annalisa
This was an entertaining good clean Western read with romance. The author is definitely religious but this book is not "preachy". I am looking forward to reading others in the Western Sky Series though it doesn't appear that they intertwine at all. This is listed as the first but I don't really think it matters what order you read them in.

Amazon Product Description:
Michelle
This is the first book by Lori Copeland that I've read. I really enjoyed it. The romance was delightful and even a bit yummy in some places, though there was one spot where I was like, "Huh? She did not just do that!" But overall I'd recommend it because honestly it held my attention better than most historical westerns do, and it did ring true for the most part. The characters were engaging and very well developed. The spiritual lessons learned made this a worthwhile read, too. I grew very fond ...more
Shantelle
3.5 stars, Outlaw's Bride makes for a sweet and unusual story. ...A town with a deaf sheriff and too scared to stop the bandits that shoot through their backyards every now and then... A lovely young women named Ragan who house-keeps for the town judge... A book plus a program to turn convicted men to the right path... And a wrongly-accused young man who nevertheless has a murderous plan for revenge on the outlaws that killed his family.

Just an enjoyable book, with some deeper themes. Not my fav
Crystal
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Erin
Oct 26, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love how LOVE and happiness ALWAYS prevail...now only if that were true in real life!!!

Old time romances are so sweet and true. Not caught up in all the drama and emotion that relationships are today...how great would it be to go back in time and be truly courted so you can truly see the man's intentions
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
I really liked the second book of this series, so I had high hopes for this book. It fell short. It was still a good book. There were just some things that were mentioned in the book, but never developed. Also, the gang who supposedly was after Johnny showed up so randomly it didn't really make sense to me.
Susan Mabus
Nov 21, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Susan by: no one
Outlaw's Bride
I thought this book was a good story. And I liked it because of the romance story between the couple in this story.
Teya Peck
Jul 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It was a quick read, gripping and sweet. Not really intense however it held my attention cause I wanted to know what about what happened. So a really well written good book. Very clean.
puppitypup
Dec 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christian Romance Read earlier this year. I was surprised how much I enjoyed this book, since Christian Romances are generally on the dull side. The characters are genuinely likeable and the story is enjoyable.
Stacey
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It's a quick read and very funny. There are books that contain humor, but this one had me going beyond my usual smile to actually laughing aloud. I can't wait to read the other "The Western Sky" series.
Stephanie
A judge and his young housekeeper work to rehabilitate prisoners and his housekeeper finds love
Karen
Sep 05, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed the story. It was funny and fast-paced.
Trina
Feb 01, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I like this author but this particular book was slow and almost unemotional compared to her other books I've read. I did like the main characters and their dynamic.
Natalie
Enjoyed the whole book, except for the climax, which was quite disappointing.
Joy
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure how into this book I would get at the beginning. However a few pages in and I was sucked into the book. Awesome story and really enjoyed the whole book.
Sara
Sep 01, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a quick and good read. It was pretty funny in a couple of parts. It's a simple little romance set in the "old west".
Celeste Batchelor
Just a quick fun read.
Sarah Southerland
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. Delightfully fun book. At first, I feared it would be predictable, but it wasn't. I read it all in one evening. Clean romance.
Ella
May 26, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
didn't finish. trashy. must have been before Lori became a christian. Too bad, loved the beginning.
Hannah Shrabel
I have read this like 4 times it is very good.... but I almost wish for more..... gunfights/action/ I don't know! but it is a very good book
Debbie Turner
I really liked this book. It is the first Lori Copeland book that I have read. It was a good clean book that had funny parts, sad parts, religious parts and romance.
Strawberry
Okay, but not on my re-read list. Definitely not as good as Walker's Wedding.
Allyson
Apr 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bd-junior_12-13
Ragan is hilarious! Can't wait to read the next book!
Suzie Grant
Apr 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I very much enjoyed it despite never having read a christian romance. I'm not happy with the publisher's price of ebooks but this book was worth the price.
Barbara
Jan 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good! I enjoyed it. Simple and sweet!
  • Prairie Storm (A Town Called Hope, #3)
  • Cowboy Christmas (Wild West Weddings #1)
  • A Love of Her Own (Heart of the West, #3)
  • A Suitor for Jenny (A Rocky Creek Romance, #2)
  • The Confidential Life of Eugenia Cooper (Women of the West Series #1)
  • The Marshal's Promise
  • Second Chance Brides (Texas Boardinghouse Brides, #2)
  • The Doctor Takes a Wife (Brides of Simpson Creek, #2)
  • Mail-Order Holiday Brides: Home for Christmas/Snowflakes for Dry Creek
  • A Baby Between Them (Irish Brides, #3)
Lori Copeland was born on 12 June 1941. She had a relatively late start in writing, breaking into publishing in 1982 when she was already forty years old. Over the next dozen years, her romance novels achieved much success, as was evidenced by her winning the Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award, The Holt Medallion, and Walden Books' Best Seller award. She has been inducted into the Missouri Wri ...more
More about Lori Copeland...

The Western Sky Series (3 books)
  • A Kiss for Cade (The Western Sky Series, #2)
  • Walker's Wedding (The Western Sky Series, #3)