Start by marking “Exclusively Yours (Kowalski Family, #1)” as Want to Read:
Exclusively Yours (Kowalski Family, #1)

Exclusively Yours (Kowalski Family #1)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  16,616 Ratings  ·  1,183 Reviews

When Keri Daniels' editor finds out she has previous carnal knowledge of reclusive bestselling author Joe Kowalski, she gives Keri a choice: get an interview or get a new job.

Joe's never forgotten the first girl to break his heart, so he's intrigued to hear Keri's back in town�and looking for him. Despite his intense need for privacy, he'll grant Keri an interview if it me

Published June 1st 2010 by Carina Press (first published May 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Exclusively Yours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exclusively Yours

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
“It’s customary to offer a squeeze to determine if breasts are real or not, you know. Don’t you watch TV?”

She laughed and shoved the retrieved ballcap back on her head. “Nice try, Kowalski. You’ll have to take my word for it.”
Exclusively Yours is the first book in the Kowalski Family series, and wow! Just… WOW! It’s one of my absolute favorite Contemporary Romances that I’ve read, and I loved every single word, every heartbreaking, heartwarming, funny, sexy minute of it! I laughed, I cried an
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more

So the first thing I need to say is that I don't read a lot of contemporary romance.

I read a few Sophie Kinsella, Jane Green, and Helen Fielding books when I was in college, and maybe a half dozen sports romances, but it's only been the last 18(ish) months that I've really started reading straight-up romance (and if it's not Kristen Ashley, Julie James, or a handful of others, I don't know much about it).

So know upfront that I'm not any kind of authority.

But I liked this. It had more d
Ruth
This one was OK, but, for me, it wasn't up to the same standard as the other books by this author. I guess most of my reasons for not liking it much are down to me really, but I had a number of issues with it.

- The hero and heroine dated in high school (OK, they spent most of their time in each others' pants). It was the best sex of the heroine's life. So far, so good. Then we're told she's always carried a torch for him, and he's the same about her. Hmm. Why? I ask. Why would two nearly 40-some
♡Karlyn P♡
4.5 stars. In short, it’s a fun laugh-out-loud steamy contemporary romance set in the backwoods of New Hampshire (complete with mosquitoes, ATVs, bath houses, and marshmallow roasts.) This is an author to watch as her humor is sharp, the sexual tension tight, the romance believable, and the characters all well developed.

The premise: High school sweethearts Joe and Keri went separate ways when Keri chose to move out west to attend Berkeley and make a name for herself. It was the toughest decisio
Ridley
Jun 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the debut releases from the brand new epublisher Carina Press, Exclusively Yours is a contemporary romance set in the exotic, mosquito-infested wilds of New Hampshire, where the ATVs roam free and the riders all work at giving love a second chance.

Keri Daniels ends up in this mess when her boss, the editor-in-chief of an LA-based celebrity magazine, gets a hold of a compromising photo from Keri’s past. In the photo, she’s cuddling with her high school sweetheart, Joe. Of course high schoo
Anzu The Great Destroyer
I started reading this as an accident of fate. Yes you read it well! Me and my friend Aly decided we should do a “group” (or whatever you wanna call it) read. We picked a couple of books, numbered ‘em and then used an online random number chooser thing to pick what to read. This was the result. It was actually a nice experiment. Worked for my friend, didn’t work for me.

This review will be a bad one. I hated the book; I won’t be nice so in case you’re into this type of books you should probably s
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
Everything just worked really well for me right from the start on this one.

The writing was engaging, the whole family dynamic worked really well, you got just enough of everyone that it made you want their stories too, it was never over the top in silliness - there was just enough, the build up for Joe and Keri didn't drag on too long and reading about their relationship before and how it ended was really bittersweet.

Joe gave me the worlds biggest emotional boner, honestly that man!

The way they
Shawna
4 stars – Contemporary Romance

The Kowalski family is a kooky, fun bunch who take camping and ATVing to the extreme while also dealing with realistic marital struggles, kid stress, and a blast from the past. This is a fun, light contemporary romance that had me seriously cracking up at times. I just wish there had been a bit more romance between Joe and Keri and that the heat level had been turned up a few degrees.
Dee
Re-read April 2016. My opinion abouthis hasn't much changed but still have some others in series that not read so gonna bite the bullet and give series another go.

Originally read - November 2011
I had seen more than a few raving reviews from friends on GR about this story and had high hopes and was really looking forward to reading it. Although I enjoyed the story I can't quite see what all the fuss was about!

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the story but I just didn't feel the connection between Joe
Jaci Burton
May 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With full disclosure, Shannon is a good friend of mine. That being said, this book was wonderfully written. A great contemporary romance that held me spellbound. I couldn't put it down. It was fun, with tons of humor, incredible secondary characters I grew to love, and a fantastic romance between the hero and heroine. Shannon writes characters you root for, characters who aren't perfect, a compelling story, and her voice simply captures you. It wouldn't matter if we were friends or not, I'd stil ...more
Bark
Aug 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Joseph Kowalski and Keri Daniels were high school sweethearts but Keri left Joe broken hearted in order to chase her dreams. Now 18 years later, he’s a reclusive best-selling author and she’s a reporter for an entertainment magazine whose editor has just discovered her past relationship with Joe and demands she get the scoop on the guy. If she refuses she’ll risk losing her job and any chance of moving up a rung or two on the ladder. Keri’s worked hard to get to where she is and leaves behind su ...more
Melissa
I really enjoyed this story! It's been a long while since a book has grabbed my attention and I didn't want to put it down.

Keri and Joe were high-school sweethearts. Keri needing something bigger in life left her home town and Joe for California to become a writer for a magazine.

Fast forward 18 years, Keri's boss demand she gets the inside scoop on Joe or lose her job.

I really fell for Joe, he was sweet and lovable.

The secondary characters were a nice addition. I'm looking forward to Kevin's
Dina
Jun 20, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dina by: Ridley
Likes:
- Joe
- Keri
- Joe and Keri, Keri and Joe :)
- Kevin (Joe's youngest brother)
- The Kowalski kids, especially adorable 6-year-old paparazzi-in-the-making Bobby

On the fence:
- Mike (Joe's younger brother) and his wife Lisa
- Too many side stories, taking away the attention from Joe and Keri

Dislikes:
- Terry (Joe's bitchy twin sister) and her estranged husband Evan
Borislava Petrova
Много обичам такива истории. Много приятно четиво. От онези, които се четат по много пъти и не омръзват. Все едно съм си вкъщи.
Jane Stewart
4 stars. Boy, did I like this.

One of my favorite tropes is a guy who really desires her and pursues her. That is here. It felt good. He cares for her. He does things nice for her. He orders food that he remembers she liked. He does not cause pain. When his sister was mean and covered Keri in mud. Joe covered his sister in mud - as payback.

Another couple is separated and in pain. I liked Keri’s advice to the woman. She said tell me the 5 most common things you say to your daughter. Now tell me
Ally
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grown ups are awesome.

Yep. This is a romance about adults. Funny adults but adults nonetheless. And this is a book about families, relationships, history, challenges and some awesome dialogue.

More to come :)
Riverina Romantics
Feb 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-blog
Exclusively Yours is a masterpiece of contemporary perfection.

Yep, I’m still giddy with excitement over reading my first Shannon Stacey book and I literally have heart palpitations thinking about reading the second book in the series – Yes, it was that good.

Was there suspense? No. Was the story action packed? No. Was there paranormal shifters or sexy vampires?? Well, its contemporary – so obviously not. But what it did have was witty dialogue, a HUGE dose of sweetly simmering sexual tension tha
Carrie
I listened to this book in the car on a trip. The characters made me so angry I was yelling at the iPod adapter! Thank goodness I was alone. ;-) In short, except for Joe, I thought most of the characters were shallow, immature, vindictive, pushy, and stuck in middle school. Keri sort of redeemed herself in the end, but then again, the fact that she was so adamant about not being "somebody's" girl/wife/mother that her turn around didn't ring true to me. I just wanted to know why Joe fell for her, ...more
Toni
Sep 05, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

One star, only because you can’t give a minus five star rating.

I nearly gave my husband a heart attack when I finished reading this book. It was late in the evening when I got to the end and I was so disgusted with the story and its ending that I threw the book aiming for the bin in our room but missed. I rarely throw books in disgust, but this one just really pissed me off.

Never read anything before by the author, but that doesn’t matter because I usually buy the book for the plot, so when I re
Samantha
More like a 3.5 stars. Exclusively Yours is a funny, light and contemporary read that will leave readers wanting a little bit more.

Lately I’ve been reading new books by new authors (or at least they are new to me) and while I’m always a bit reluctant and leery, I have to say that I’ve been finding some really good books. Exclusively Yours by Shannon Stacey was another good read. High School sweethearts Joe Kowalski and Keri Daniels were wildly in teenage love, planning a future until Keri bolted
~Tina~

I've seen this book for so long now and even though I don't read much adult contemporary, something about this book always made me so curious. I guess my gut-reaction was spot on, cause I really ended up just loving Exclusively Yours!

Keri Daniels works for spotlight magazine when her boss gives her a choice between getting the dirt on Joe Kowalski - a famous private author and Keri's high school ex-boyfriend- or loss everything she's worked her entire life to achieve.
But Keri hasn't se
AH
The thought of a family vacation with extended family members would put fear into the hearts of many people I know, even those blessed with loving families. Don't get me wrong - these vacations can be a lot of fun. But consider the outsider invited into this chaos: 4 unruly boys nicknamed "Mass Weapons of Destruction," a despondent teenage girl, adult siblings - married, separated, and divorced, and the grandparents. Add in one reclusive and a bestseller list author, and the results are very ent ...more
❀angela
May 25, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
What's so wrong about leaving your hometown to pursue your dream?! If Keri gave up her ambitions to stay with her high school sweetheart, she would've spent her life asking herself "what if?" and blaming Joe for her regrets. Also, how can you still be in love with your high school sweetheart twenty years later??
Jae
May 23, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, 2011
I so cannot dig this story.

I didn't like Keri for being a career-orientated woman through and through, first when she was 18 and even now 18 years later.
And I didn't like Joe any better either for not learning any lesson at all regarding Keri. You'd have thought he'd be a bit guarded this time around too.

I had a very hard time finishing this off.
Kristen
1 to 2 Stars

Unfortunately, there wasn't much about this book I enjoyed. I'll let my shelves do the reviewing for me. Moving on...
Catherine
I wanted to read for a little bit before I went to bed last night, so I opened this up. I had heard great things about this series from Sophia. She loved how the whole family was so important to the series and since I enjoy the same, I was eager to give it a try. well, unfortunately for me, I really got into the book. I say unfortunately because I had to go to work in the morning and I ended up staying up way too late because I wanted to read it all. I may be cursing myself today, but it was wor ...more
Svenja
Jul 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-sterne
Genau das, was ich gerade gebraucht habe: Eine schlagfertige, romantische, etwas kitschige und sexy Geschichte.

Die Story ist nicht neu und bietet auch wenig Überraschungen, aber zwischen Keri und Joe fliegen die Fetzen und Funken und manchmal müssen so seichte Geschichten auch mal sein.

Ich bin ein Fan der liebenswürdigen Familie Kowalski und werde bestimmt noch das ein oder andere Buch aus der Reihe verschlingen :)
Lisa Kay
★★★★ Short, sweet, with a touch of spice, and just the right fit for my brooding-moody self after another disappointing read. I'm not a big fan of "second chance at love" - with the same person. I figure, when it is over, it's over. In fact, I chose this one to fullfill a "National Pet Peeve Week" requirement in an October Challenge. But, this was well done and the Kowlaski family is down-to-earth fun. ...more
Inka
Чудесна книга. Лека, забавна. Не бях чела до сега нищо от авторката, но определено няма да е последната нейна книга, която подхващам. Имаше моменти в които се смях с глас. Като цяло 5 от мен и препоръчвам с две ръце.
  • The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2)
  • Real Men Will (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #3)
  • Somebody to Love (Gideon's Cove, #3)
  • Sugar Creek (Destiny, #2)
  • Within Reach
  • Planning for Love (Aisle Bound, #1)
  • Everyone Loves a Hero
  • Going Cowboy Crazy (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #1)
  • Yours for the Taking (Domestic Gods, #4)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Shannon Stacey lives with her husband and two sons in New England, where her favorite activities are writing romance and really random tweets when she’s not riding her ATV. She loves mud, books, football & watching way too much TV.
More about Shannon Stacey

Kowalski Family (10 books)
  • Undeniably Yours (Kowalski Family, #2)
  • Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3)
  • All He Ever Needed (Kowalski Family, #4)
  • All He Ever Desired (Kowalski Family, #5)
  • All He Ever Dreamed (Kowalski Family, #6)
  • Love a Little Sideways (Kowalski Family, #7)
  • Taken with You (Kowalski Family, #8)
  • Falling for Max (Kowalski Family, #9)
  • What it Takes (Kowalski Family, #10)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cowboy Bold (Longhorn Canyon, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Love Letter
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Provocative (White Lies Duet, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“She said you were probably plastic and Uncle Kevin said he’d give you a feel and let her know and then Uncle Joe punched him in the shoulder and said the only thing he’d feel is his A-S-S getting kicked if he tried.” 32 likes
“Kevin slapped a box of hot dogs down on the rock. “What the hell was that?”
“A kiss. It’s something guys like me do with girls we like. But don’t worry, someday you’ll find one drunk enough to let you try it.”
28 likes