Start by marking “The Power of a Praying Woman” as Want to Read:
The Power of a Praying Woman

The Power of a Praying Woman

The author of The Power of a Praying Wife draws upon her knowledge of Scripture, personal struggles, and breakthroughs in prayer to provide reassuring guidance for women wanting more of God in their lives, sharing sample prayers that cover every area of a woman's life. Original.
Published July 1st 2002 by Harvest House Publishers (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Power of a Praying Woman, please sign up.
Oduah Kingsley just google it and download for free
…more
just google it and download for free
(less)

Start your review of The Power of a Praying Woman
Sandy
May 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own
5 Stars...did you hear me? * * * * * Stars! I LOVED this book. I've read the Power of a Praying Wife before this and was expecting this book to be very similar. Now don't get me wrong, the Power of a Praying Wife is also a very good book, but this book, this book breaks the mold. It's so much more.

Stormie Omartian goes to the heart of the woman's soul and speaks to the very things that I think women all struggle with. This is probably the best supplemental book to the Bible that I have ever read
Kathleen
Jan 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is all about learning to pray for yourself. The chapters are very short (only 3-4 pages each) and fairly quick to read, and each concludes with a prayer and Bible verses related to the topic. Ms. Omartian discussed topics that I had never thought to pray for myself for. I read this over the course of a month, but may reread it over a longer period of time in order to build each topic into my prayer time for a few days. I will definately come back to this book as it really has changed t ...more
Dawn Hemenway
Sep 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
It is the best book a women can read, you usually pray for others but how can you take care of others when you are not taking care of yourself. It really spoke to me. God worked in me while I was reading it.
Single & Sound
Jan 31, 2009 rated it really liked it
Just like 'God's Word for the Single Believer' I don't really regard this as a book that i've 'read' but will perhaps continue to refer back to for the rest of my days. It was about at page 60/61 that I realised that the best way to read this book was not to read each chapter sequentially - instead this book requires life application, prayer and a heart that sincerely seeks change and spiritual growth through a closer walk with Jesus. To get the best out of this book (for me anyway), is to spend ...more
Adrienna
Mar 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
*Listening to the audio CD version.

I loved chapter 7 so far about how to gain a closer relationship with God, and to spend more time with Him. I also liked when she shared on "jobs/occupations" and chapter 13 on holiness and purity.

I needed these friendly reminders. "Change me Lord prayers" is what I am seeking and working heavily on based on the calling that God foresees for my life.

3.5 stars.
Brenda
May 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: prayer-weapons
Mrs. Omartian's book of praying woman is excellent. It helps you to pray for yourself and for others. It teaches you and helps with words that you might've not known. I bought this book for my daughter. I would recommend this book especially for single women and of course married women. It also helped to realize that I don't need approval from a man but from God. It helped me realize my self-worth as a Christian woman. I wished I had read this book when I was single. Its a powerful book.
Naomi
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classic
What an incredibly encouraging read! So important to pray for ourselves as well as others. I have had a revelation reading this book that prayer unlocks everything God has for us. He wants to give it to us but we must first humble ourselves to ask.

This might be on my 'read' shelf but this book will become a way of life for me. I can't just read it and let it collect dust on the shelf.

Women of faith, you owe it to yourself to read this book! May God bless you...
Eileen Rubio
Apr 19, 2010 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
God is speaking through me with this book. I never felt that way about a book ever since reading "A Return to Love" in 2006. :)
Two Thumbs Up!
Jennifer Failla
Apr 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I love Stormie's books. She add a beautiful and enriching prayer at the end of each chapter which always seems to hit home!
Sandy
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, favorites, 2014
Several years ago I had a realization that while being told to pray all of my life, my prayer life was indeed pitiful. At that point in my life I made a conscious effort to work on my prayer life and grow my intimate relationship with my God and Father. Stormie Omartian's books have helped me so much on my journey. The Power of a Praying Wife was the first book that I picked up by her and was impressed by the idea of spending time in focused prayer on one topic. Up until this point, I'd always t ...more
Melissa
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-books
As wives and mothers, our personal needs often get pushed to the back burner-here's an easy way to move it front and center and get the support we all need. As with "Power of a Praying Wife", the book is set up in 30 chapters that can be read as a chapter a day for a month.

"In The Power of a Praying "RM" Woman, Stormie's deep knowledge of Scripture and candid examples of her own struggles and epiphanies in prayer provide reassuring guidance for those who seek a greater sense of God's presence in
Simplymegy
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two words: completely amazing
It took me almost a month to finish this book because I honestly didn't want it to end. Every chapter in every day was like my daily dose of fresh air. The perfect soul food to every woman who wants to live with more and more purpose all the days of her life . Will definitely reread the prayers.
Buhlebemvelo Mhlophe
This book is amazing, it came to me at the right time, going through betrayal, loss and heartache. I now know for sure the Lord will heal me and take me forward. I now know how to pray to reach God and I know there is a future for me.
Michelle
Jan 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book about the best thing we can do for our husbands.
Lisa Curtis
I have sticky notes on all the prayer pages and I pray one every day. I have for a few years now.
Elyssa
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written!! Definitely a book to keep on your shelf and turn back to as you work on your prayer life and strengthen your faith. Not just a one time read! I need I buy me a copy!!!
Christine
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful study group where woman got together to share in there faith in Jesus. Laughter, tears, joy and hope were shared here. Friendships were formed. Lookiing forward to the next one.
Ella Zungu
I feel that every woman should read this book honestly. Its so inspirational and empowering.
Creseida Greene
Jul 07, 2013 is currently reading it
This is a must read for every woman trying to grow in her faith. It shows you the power of praying for yourself as well as others
Sara Mccandless
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very inspiring and motivating. Prayer is powerful in healing.
Becky
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, nonfiction
I started off reading this book with some ladies of my church for a book club. I lost track due to missing some of the meetings then kinda lost interest in it. I did however decide to pick it back up and reread what I already did. This book helped me out in so many ways. It helped deliver me of some ungodly fears in my life. I knew it was fear I was dealing with but never realized God doesn't want this for my life and it isn't normal and I don't need to bear this burden anymore. This is a book t ...more
Karīna Liepiņa
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
Love this book!😊👍👍👍👍
Sharon Holmes
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pray Unceasingly and God will answer.

Storms is truly a "Good and faithful servant" of our Lord. She lays out her life struggles and her heart to help us is know, believe and trust our LORD.
Her prayers have saved me from myself so many times. They have pulled me out of satan's dark clutches time and again. Listen to our living God speak to you through her and "pray without ceasing.
Іра
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
30 chapters of pure wisdom. Very powerful “My prayer to God” after every chapter. Definitely will read it again and again, and recommend for all sisters in Christ ❤️
Cindy van Wyk
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible. Powerful. Beautiful. A must-read for every Christian woman, The Power of a Praying Woman has 31 chapters, which makes it perfect for a month of growing in your faith and learning more about God. Definitely a book I'll come back to over and over again.
Reeds
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quotes from this book:

Chapter 14 titled Lord, move me into the purpos
Shauni
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally Reviewed For: Shauni's Faith

This book was hard for me to review because I don't usually review non fiction. But when I was browsing through Netgalley title really captured my attention.

When I saw it I assumed it would share with me how my prayers could be answered but I also assumed it was about praying for others. To my delight it was about how a woman of God needed to remember to pray for herself. To stand firm in her faith and allow God to do the heavy lifting.

Description:

Stormie O
Samantha Boothroyd
Thought provoking.... Made me think of things in ways I hadn't before. Such a strong book, full of God's Word and His truth. I would recommend this for women of all ages, no matter who you are... This book needs read and shared with others globally because there is power in prayer. God can change our lives if we let Him.
Karen Taylor
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it
Amber
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great and powerful book. God bless you all
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• A Woman After God's Own Heart
  • Praying God's Word: Breaking Free From Spiritual Strongholds
  • The Prayer of Jabez:  Breaking Through to the Blessed Life
  • Fireproof
  • The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here for?
  • Secrets of the Vine: Breaking Through to Abundance
  • Woman, Thou Art Loosed!: Healing the Wounds of the Past
  • Life Application Study Bible: NIV
  • Me and My Big Mouth!: Your Answer Is Right Under Your Nose
  • Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence
Stormie Omartian is an award-winning bestselling author and speaker who personally connects with readers and listeners by sharing her experiences and illustrating how God transforms lives when we learn to trust in Him.

The strength and transparency of Stormie’s message has driven her books to the top of the bestsellers list. More than 26 million copies have been sold worldwide of her "Power of Pray

News & Interviews

“It's not about finding ways to avoid God's judgment and feeling like a failure if you don't do everything perfectly. It's about fully experiencing God's love and letting it perfect you. It's not about being somebody you are not. It's about becoming who you really are.” 119 likes
“We will never be happy until we make God the source of our fulfillment and the answer to our longings. He is the only one who should have power over our souls.” 99 likes