Start by marking “Your Pregnancy Bible” as Want to Read:
Your Pregnancy Bible

Your Pregnancy Bible

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  234 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
This book is a comprehensive guide, it provides practical and reassuring advice on all aspects of pregnancy and early parenthood. All books are recommended by Mamas & Papas
Published September 26th 2003 by Carroll & Brown Publishers Limited (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Your Pregnancy Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Pregnancy Bible

Abeer Alamri
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
كتاب بطل فادني كثير بمعلومات عن الحمل والولاده والتعامل مع الطفل، انصح كل ام جديده بقرائته، يحتاج نرجعله مره ومرتين وثلاثه .. الله يهون على كل الحوامل وييسر ولادتهم ويجيب كتكوتي بالسلامه : )
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There are hundreds of books to choose from when you find out you're pregnant. If you are wanting a thorough, well-thought-out, interesting, and all-around good pregnancy book, this is the one I recommend. I read pretty much the entire thing through-out my pregnancy with my daughter. I had heard the typical "What to Expect When You're Expecting" gave a lot of moms worries, and I was surprised at the low ratings of it. I'm so glad my husband bought me this book because I feel it had to do with cal ...more
Emily Pelletier
Feb 01, 2009 rated it liked it
I'm skipping around in this book - primarily staying away from the delivery section...not quite ready for that! OKAY - finally got through a majority of this book and would recommend this for anyone having their first child. It's a great overview book for both parents on what to expect without forcing advice in one direction or another.
Elaine Mullane
A useful pregnancy bible that I have revisited over the last few nights, just to refresh my mind before our new arrival! This is quite informative and helpful, although I do prefer the What to Expect... books when it comes to having a reference for pregnancy. Nevertheless, I would recommend this to pregnant Moms-to-be, particular those who prefer a factual read with pictures.
Feb 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mom-to-be
Useful book for moms to be. Many pictures and useful tips: from the impregnation to the birth of the baby (and further care).
However some information is a bit dated.
Jan 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has been my companion through two pregnancies.

There is so much choice out there when it comes to buying a book that will help you navigate those strange nine months that it can become quite overwhelming. Let's just say I am glad I seem to have made the right choice when I bought this one.

It is clear, informative, colourful and has a great timeline you can use to plot the development of your baby. I found it inspiring rather than overwhelming, and kept going back to it week by week to s
Jun 23, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: expectant mothers
By the time I cracked this book open, I was a bit tired of pregnancy books, so that may contribute to my so-so rating. However, unlike the other books I received, this one is colorful with many pictures and timelines. I think it’s a good, thorough reference, but I don’t think it’s the single must-have guide for a pregnant woman.
Sep 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pregnancy
More geared towards a British mother than 'What to Expect...' (Thus more useful to me!) and a lot easier to read. I felt a lot more reassured by this book as well. Only slight annoyance is that it's a teensy weensy bit repetitive at times.
Jun 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I am loving this book so far. It provides indepth information on all the information a mother-to-be wants to have. I have learned much more from just the first three chapters than any other pregnancy book, magazine, or class.
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent, comprehensive and all you need to know about pregnancy!
Information week to week about your changing body and your growing baby. It also covers everything in pregnancy including some troubleshooting!
It will also prepare first time parents for their new bundle of joy.
Cecile Bol
Weliswaar uitgebreid boek, maar de informatiedichtheid is een stuk lager dan verwacht. Daarnaast veel 'fouten': dingen die in Engeland vast zo zijn, maar in Nederland zeker niet.
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
An interesting book which I have been reading throughout pregnancy, covering all aspects of pregnancy, labour, issues that can arise, looking after the baby and yourself, etc. I would recommend it.
Remi van Beekum
wat moet je veel weten voor zoiets...
Aug 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: parenting
Re-read. First read August 2003.
Oct 20, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: alle aanstaande vaders
Jun 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book was the perfect book for pregnancy. It's detailed in every way. It helped me understand what on earth my body was doing! The good and the gross!
Beth Flint
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Easy to read - can dip in and out of relevant sections. Not patronising. Clearly written.
Jorge Alagon
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

A must-read for first time parents. Information is very clear and well supported by respectable sources. Chapters are well organised so it's easy to follow
Apr 30, 2012
Oct 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Conception, Pregnancy & Birth
  • The Pregnancy Bible: Your Complete Guide to Pregnancy and Early Parenthood
  • Jo Frost's Confident Toddler Care: The Ultimate Guide to The Toddler Years: Practical Advice on How to Raise a Happy and Contented Toddler
  • The Embroidery Stitch Bible
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Amigurumi
  • Wise Words for Moms
  • HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method
  • Doing Your Research Project: A Guide for First-Time Researchers in Education, Health and Social Science
  • How To Draw Manga, Volume 20: Female Characters