Start by marking “It's In His Kiss (Bridgertons #7)” as Want to Read:
It's In His Kiss (Bridgertons #7)

It's In His Kiss

(Bridgertons #7)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  27,028 ratings  ·  1,228 reviews
IF IT'S IN HIS HEART ... IT'S IN HIS KISS

MEET OUR HERO...

Gareth St. Clair is in a bind. His father, who detests him, is determined to beggar the St. Clair estates and ruin his inheritance. Gareth's sole bequest is an old family diary, which may or may not contain the secrets of his past... and the key to his future. The problem is—it's written in Italian, of which Gareth
Published October 13th 2009 (first published June 28th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about It's In His Kiss, please sign up.
Rosy Yes! I started this series by reading this one before any of the others. They can be read in almost any order, but there may be the odd moment of…moreYes! I started this series by reading this one before any of the others. They can be read in almost any order, but there may be the odd moment of confusion where events from previous books are referenced. However it isn't anything enough to prevent them being read out of order.(less)

·  27,028 ratings  ·  1,228 reviews

Start your review of It's In His Kiss (Bridgertons #7)
Jiana
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5

Amazing news everyone: I am finally out of my 2 week slump. All thanks to this book. I just sat yesterday binging the last 250 pages in one sitting that I didn't realize I was up late at night for it. Did I care? No. The book was wonderful and it got me out of my slump which was literally putting me in hell, okay. Time to celebrate.

description

I'm a huge fan of Julia Quinn's Bridgerton series. I have been slowly reading through those books for 5 years. Yes, you read that right. I was taking my time with
Al George
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gareth yes!

oh yeah

Series:Yes - one more and I'm done in Bridgertonville. Sniff.

Sexy times: Couple of tame moments. No one is getting their freak on but there is plenty of of "Gareth more".

hot

Plan on reading more by the author: Yup - got to finish the series, don't I?

Synopsis: This is Hyacinth's tale, oh she of the talented tongue which wields wordplay sharper than any sword. And because it's H's tale it's filled with witty, witty banter. Now H is fast approaching the shelf because she can outsmart
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Thank heavens for Spring Cleaning!

A year or so ago I began reading Julia Quinn’s Bridgerton series and after devouring the first six books back to back, I set them aside and moved on to something else. Well here I am a year later and in the spirit of “Spring Cleaning,” I decided I’d catch up on those books that were just sitting on my shelves collecting dust, and that included the final two Bridgerton books.

Gareth St. Clair is in a bind – that’s what the cover blurb tells us. Though I must
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
4.5 delighted stars

"Eu daria tudo para ter mais uma pessoa por quem pudesse dar a minha vida."
“I would give the world to have one more person for whom I would lay down my life,”
- Gareth St.Clair

* * *
Hyacinth percebeu que algumas coisas realmente surgiam como um relâmpago. Havia coisas que uma pessoa simplesmente sabia, sem ser capaz de as explicar.
Porque naquele momento soube que se ia casar com aquele homem.
Ninguém mais valeria a pena."
"Hyacinth realized that some things did come in a
Rane
As the youngest of the very lively Bridgerton clan, Hyacinth has had to stand out and make herself heard. Coming across a overly outspoken and willing to outwit anyone, Hyacinth is starting to see there may be more to her mundane life and herself when in walks someone who not only can outwit her but can render her speechless!
Gareth St.Clair and his father have been at odds for many years after he became the heir after his brother’s sudden death. Knowing out of sheer spite his father would
Μαρία Γεωργοπούλου
Δεύτερη ανάγνωση και το λάτρεψα ξανά!!!

(Η παρακάτω κριτική είναι από την πρώτη φορά που το διάβασα και δεν την αλλάζω)

***************************************

“Gareth, yes? Or Gareth, no?”
“Gareth, more” !!!!!!!

I LOVED this book! Hyacinth is definitely a unique young woman and this story was exactly what I was expecting to read!

Let’s be honest… Every man is scared of Hyacinth. She’s too honest for her own good and even more stubborn. She doesn’t settle on the second best choice and she prefers to
Exina
Another favorite from the Bridgertons series! Just like An Offer From a Gentleman and To Sir Phillip, With Love, it is a sweet, light romance with lots of humor.

I loved both Gareth and Hyacinth. All of their dialogues and scenes, especially the erotic ones, were fascinating. Even the Smythe-Smith performances were delightful with them.

The appearances of Lady Danbury, Lady Bridgerton and Gregory make the novel even more enjoyable.

It’s In His Kiss is a perfect Julia Quinn!

My favorite quotes.
Becca
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just realized one of my all-time favorites did not have a review!

How did this happen?! I'm so ashamed.

Gareth and Hyacinth are one of my all-time favorite match-ups because they are so NORMAL. They have opinions, they sometimes say the wrong thing, they have family troubles, and they know how to laugh at the absurd.

Their chemistry felt so real...they felt so real. I never get tired of their first meeting. I never get tired of when Gareth suddenly realizes that life with Hyacinth may be just
Jacob Proffitt
I bounced on this for idiosyncratic reasons. I was mildly enjoying it for quite a bit. Hyacinth is a delight. She's smart and brave and willing to take chances, though she's a bit of a runner on the emotional front. I liked that she knows what she wants and isn't afraid to take active steps to get it and her relationship with Gareth's grandmother is outstanding.

I admit that I've struggled with Gareth, though. I like every interaction with Hyacinth. I like that he appreciates and matches and
Candace
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gareth St. Clair is in a predicament. His father hates him and is determined to ruin and begger the St. Clair estate and properties. His only living family member who loves him is his maternal grandmother, Lady Agatha Danbury. Picture his surprise when his brother willed his paternal grandmother's (Isabella Marinzeli St. Clair) diary. The only problem is it's written in Italian.

Enter Hyacinth Bridgerton, the youngest Bridgerton daughter. Her mother, Violet, is at her wit's end trying to get
Karen
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5

Another excellent edition to the Bridgerton saga. I just loved Hyacinth! If I were a Bridgerton... this is who I'd have been. Gareth St. Clair took a little time growing on me. But predictably, I did fall hard for him in the end. He was a good match for her. Although I have to admit that when I first read the the names of the characters, my very first thought was... those two names don't sound well together. Gareth and Hyacinth... They sound like lisping. And then... to my utter delight, her
Eastofoz
Sep 08, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Bridgerton series fans
Hmm, didn’t really like this Bridgerton story. I was looking forward to a real firecracker of a heroine with Hyacinth Bridgerton, but I thought her character was watered down compared to how she was described in the previous novels as this very independent minded I go my own way kind of heroine. She reminded me of Colin in that the character was somewhat of a letdown once their story was told.

Hyacinth ends up meeting Gareth St Clair at the annual Smythe-Smith musicale, a Bridgerton staple event
Book Wonderland
“‘If you want to know if a gentleman loves you, there is only one true way to be sure.’”
“‘It’s in his kiss, It’s all there, in his kiss.’”

I liked Gareth, he was a wonderful hero to this story and Hyacinth is my favorite out of the female Bridgertons.
I loved the idea of the diary and the treasure hunting parts! I loved everything except the end...(view spoiler)

description
Sam (AMNReader)
Another winner I guess. I felt particularly connected to these two...
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness

Meet our Hero Lady Danbury's grandson is none other than the nortorious Gareth St. Clair. Although it proberly wasnt entirely his fault that he gained such a wicked reputation. There were plenty of other men who behaved with equal lack of propriety and more than a few who were as handsome as sin, but Gareth St. Clair was the only one who manged to combine the two with such success.

Meet our Herione Hyacinth Bridgerton. The youngest and the last
Jilly
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading to myself and smiling like a fool! What an adorable couple!

Some of my favorite scenes:

The poetry recital that included a unicorn. Their banter is so cute!

The sneaking out to search for the jewels when Gareth realizes that, for the first time, he is "the more sensible one of the duo". I love that Hyacinth surprised him.

When Gregory was teasing his sister mercilessly. The lisping part was funny, but his little jabs during the tea was so brother-like. Made me miss my brother.

Her
Mei
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
I'm so glad that I read Hyacinth's story for last because if I had read Gregory's the ending of the series would have left me with bad taste in my mouth. This way instead I regained my love for this series!

Hyacinth and Gareth are perfect for each other!

Hyacinth is fantastic with her quick wit and her intelligence. She's afraid of nothing! Her plain speaking was a joy to read!

Gareth is great too. I loved how Hyacinth make him crazy! LOL

And what to say about Lady D? WOW, just WOW! Her and
Andrea
Re-read of one of my favorite Bridgerton books with Becca and Lacey! <3

Grandmother to Gareth, mentor to Hyacinth, Lady Danbury has an opinion on everything … and she'd like nothing better than to see Gareth and Hyacinth joined in holy matrimony. Luckily, she's to have help from…
One meddling mother, one overprotective brother, one very bad string quartet, one (thankfully fictional) mad baron, and of course, let us not forget the shepherdess, the unicorn, and Henry the Eighth.

Seriously, how
Amanda
After crying my way through When He Was Wicked, I was more than grateful for the easy laughs and fun hijinks of It’s in His Kiss. Hyacinth was a marvelous heroine, full of wit and mirth. And just like I’ve said many times before, the entire Bridgerton family were what made the book special. I’m still dying over Anthony’s reaction to Gareth asking him for Hyacinth’s hand in marriage.

Surprisingly though, I was not as invested in Hyacinth and Gareth’s romance as I expected to be. I did believe that
♥Sharon♥
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

“I would give the world to have one more person for whom I would lay down my life.”

“It’s in His Kiss” is Hyacinth Bridgerton’s story of finding love. Being very particular about her match, one might think she’d never find it. God knows her family thought so.

You see Hyacinth was no shrinking violet but rather a tough cookie. She always had something to say and was a very curious lady. Always poking about wanting to know what was going on.

So when Gareth St. Clair paid a visit to her brother
Linds
Hyacinth and Gareth's story, the seventh in the Bridgerton series.

This book had a lot of potential, but it never really got off the ground. The book opens with a lot of promise. The hero Gareth is 18 and has never been given any affection, direction, or approval from his father. His mother has been dead since he was a small child.

His father then informs him that he is not really his son, and that his mother had an affair with an unknown man. From this point on Gareth and his father are
laurooou
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
*** Reread 3rd May 2017 ***

I adore Julia Quinn and her Bridgerton series. Her characters are so endearing and I love how she alters her writing style to fit each one of her female characters <3

This last book in the Bridgerton series is one of my favorite. It tells the story of Hyacinth, the youngest Bridgerton. She's the only one that had to grow up without ever knowing her father. As such, she's been sheltered & spoiled by her mom and family to compensate for the absence of her father.
Ashley
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Forgot I finished this last week. It does bother me slightly that I skipped the last book, and that this is the first one in the series I've listened to the audiobook, but ah well. OCD be damned. This was probably my favorite in the series since #2. It was very emotional in a way that got to me. Loved Gareth and Hyacinth, loved them even more together. And I liked the way Quinn finally pays off all the time she's spent building up Lady Danbury.
Jan
Another sweet book in the Bridgertons series. I liked it OK, but, like most of the rest of the series, it did not fully draw me in. I found the 'missing object mystery with secret clues' part of it a little tedious and juvenile, actually, and once that entered the plot, I almost rolled my eyes. Felt a little too much like those Secret Seven books I read as a kid. Yeah. When I was 9.

Hyacinth and Gareth were a good match, though, and I liked their sense of connection to each other. The sub-plot
Mai
Sep 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mairead-2019
I am so sorry this could be my least favorite in the series, but I do like the chemistry between H/H.

Lili  (@lilikmarcus) Marcus
Oh my God!!!

I so love Hyacinth ever since she was mention in the previous book. She's like the younger version of Eloise but I love her more... And she and Gareth are just matched. No doubt about, no question should be asked. They're for each other. :):)

And Jesus Christ....Anthony's cameo...I still love him after all these years. *dreamy sigh*
And let's not forget Gregory. Dang it... his banters with Eloise are just so hilarious, I was laughing so hard.

I'm so sad I'm in the last book next in the
Lexxi Kitty
There are two reasons it took me roughly two years to read this book despite already owning it for those two years: 1) my ratings for the Bridgertons series kept going down to the point I’d DNF’d the previous book; 2) Hyacinth didn’t really look like a character I wanted to read.

Strange what happens, eh? I rather enjoyed Hyacinth. And her friendship with . . . again I’m bad with names, but the really old woman who speaks her mind in this series: Lady . . . Dangerfield or whatever.

Hyacinth has
Caz
Julia Quinn is one of my go-to authors when I want a fairly lighthearted, well–written story with a sexy hero, a lively heroine, and plenty of humor, and It’s in His Kiss, the seventh title in her Bridgerton series, certainly delivers on all counts. I also like the fact that this story contains some darker undertones when compared to Ms. Quinn’s other romances, in that Gareth is slightly more tortured and Hyacinth – contrary to appearances – is more insecure than some of her other protagonists. ...more
Nisha
Maybe because Hyacinth had felt like a child for so long, I was not as thrilled about reading her story. I honestly wanted a HR that would be somewhat amusing. I was lucky enough to get some of that because Hyacinth interacted with lady Danbury, a matron known for her especially candid personality and was vying for attention from Lady Danbury's grandson, Gareth St. Claire.

Gareth's sob story is typical, emotionally abandoned by his “father”, her finds out that he in not truly his father's son and
Gillian Berry
I absolutely LOVED this book (minus one huuuuge caveat) and found it to be a total treat. I love Julia Quinn's humor, and I've loved Hyacinth since her first appearance all the way back in The Duke and I at age ten. I also loved how consistent Julia's characters have become, and for all this was a fun adventure romp kind of story, it was also very much about Hyacinth and Gareth and their dynamic and their characters. I love the way they challenge each other, especially since Hyacinth, MY QUEEN, ...more

• Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4)
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Tempt Me at Twilight (The Hathaways, #3)
  • Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2)
  • It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2)
  • Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1)
  • Love in the Afternoon (The Hathaways, #5)
  • Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3)
  • Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3)
  • Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1)
  • One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2)
  • Devil's Daughter (The Ravenels, #5)
  • Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After, #1)
  • Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • Dreaming of You (The Gamblers of Craven's, #2)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn loves to dispel the myth that smart women don't read (or write) romance, and and if you watch reruns of the game show The Weakest Link you might just catch her winning the $79,000 jackpot. She displayed a decided lack of knowledge about baseball, country music, and plush toys, but she is proud to say that she aced all things British and literary, ...more

Bridgertons (8 books)
  • The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1)
  • The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2)
  • An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3)
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4)
  • To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgertons, #5)
  • When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)
  • On the Way to the Wedding (Bridgertons, #8)
“I am asking you to marry me because I love you,” he said, “because I cannot imagine living my life without you. I want to see your face in the morning, and then at night, and a hundred times in between. I want to grow old with you, I want to laugh with you, and I want to sigh to my friends about how managing you are, all the while secretly knowing I am the luckiest man in town.”

“What?” she demanded.

He shrugged. “A man’s got to keep up appearances. I’ll be universally detested if everyone realizes how perfect you are.”
165 likes
“Mother,” Hyacinth said, pausing for slightly longer than normal to steal a bit of time to organize her thoughts, “I am not going to chase after Mr. St. Clair. He’s not at all the right sort of man for me.”

“I’m not certain you’d know the right sort of man for you if he arrived on our doorstep riding an elephant.”

“I would think the elephant would be a fairly good indication that I ought to look elsewhere.”
108 likes