Start by marking “The Motley Fool Investment Guide for Teens: 8 Steps to Having More Money Than Your Parents Ever Dreamed Of” as Want to Read:

From the personal-finance duo Fortune magazine called “funny, smart, cynical, [and] opinionated” comes savvy financial advice for today’s street-smart young investors.

The Motley Fool has made investing fun and easy for millions of people. Now, it custom designs its wit and wisdom for today’s money-savvy teens. The Motley Fool Investment Guide for Teens helps teens stand
Published August 6th 2002 by Touchstone (first published July 16th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Motley Fool Investment Guide for Teens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Motley Fool Investment Guide for Teens

Start your review of The Motley Fool Investment Guide for Teens: 8 Steps to Having More Money Than Your Parents Ever Dreamed Of
Patrick Freeman
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a really good introduction to the business world and what a kid should do with his/her money. This book has really good information about investments and business fundamentals. I thought the book was a good starter book for me to gain information about this type of business. I would recommend this book to somebody interested in business
Ryan Boomershine
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's hardly updated from 2002 advice and procedures, but it's a good overview of the how's and why's of investing. It is not a good theology of finance though. Don't expect that. I will incentivize my kids to read this.

Read in one day.
Rebecca
Jan 11, 2015 rated it liked it
I should have checked the publish date before I picked it up from the library for 25 cents... still gained some useful knowledge, but much has changed in the past 15 years, so an updated edition would be better.
Devon Keith
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it

Book by: David Gardner

I thought this book was very interesting. It informs the reader, being teenagers, what their best options are for investing money/saving money at a young age. Not only did this book keep me engaged during most of it, but I also feel I learned something about how to manage money in a smart, efficient way.

Throughout the book I was trying to look for what kind of person
Sean Calvin
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
very helpful
Kent Stuver
May 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
As the author of The Teen's Guide to Becoming a Millionaire, and a frequent follower of the Motley Fool, I was very interested to see what David Gardner had to say about investing for teens. The promise of the book is very grand: eight steps to having more money than your parents ever dreamed of. I wanted to see how well the book lived up to its promise.

Overall, I would say that this book does a good job in several areas. In each of these cases, Gardner takes a complex topic and distills it down
R
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: investing
Read this book in middle school. I consider it the single greatest decision my 12-year-old self ever made.
Tod Hilton
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Wanting to prepare my 12 year old daughter for a life of smart financial decisions, I bought her this book. I decided to read it first to determine its worth and relevance as well as be able to discuss it with her.

For now, I'm going to have her read the first few introductory chapters and the one with personal stories. She doesn't have much interest in this area so I'm trying to build it. In the next year or two, when she's 13 or 14, I'll have her read the complete book for all of the
Jenny
Aug 25, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had to read this book for Econ for school and I learnt a lot. It teaches you the basic ideas of economics but it definitely is only the basics and I feel as though I need to read/research a lot more in order to understand some of the topics. It is a good started book for any teen who is interested in making money and minus all the cheesey jokes they make, it really got me motivated to start investing.
Indri Himawan
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is my first Motley Fool book, and I am super impressed. Written in a conversational tone and with minimum jargon, any layman will be able to learn and understand this financial book. This book reveals the magic of the stock market and has truly made an impact on my financial decisions and plans.
Allison Jones
This book was well put together and It Definitely gave me a lot of information to get started with investment. If you feel like you want to learn about investment to get started i definitely recommend this book.
C.A.
May 07, 2010 rated it liked it
A pretty good book for teens in money and investing. They tried a bit too hard to speak 'teen-speak' but for the most part the information was clear, easy to understand, and simple to put into pratice.
Andrew Gwinn
May 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Fantastic book in the sense that its had a large impact on my financial strategy for the rest of my life. I have not taken their instructions into my daily life due to my wariness with the stock market, but I have not forgotten any of their advice.
Jenn
Dec 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. so basic but inspirational to save money and invest it.
I'm about to re-read it.
Kimberly
Jul 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. I got it from my grandparents. It taught me a lot about what to do when saving and investing money for the future
Michelle
Jadyn
Sep 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom
  • Eulalia! (Redwall, #19)
  • Lost Stars (Warriors: The Broken Code, #1)
  • The Future of Humanity: Terraforming Mars, Interstellar Travel, Immortality and Our Destiny Beyond Earth
  • How to Make Your First Million
  • iWoz: Computer Geek to Cult Icon: How I Invented the Personal Computer, Co-Founded Apple, and Had Fun Doing It
  • Poverty Proof: 50 ways to train your brain for wealth
  • Who Was Mister Rogers?
  • A Squash and a Squeeze
  • Troll Control (Gabby Duran, #2)
  • Cristiano Ronaldo: The Biography
  • From 0 to 260+: Properties in 7 Years
  • Crush It!: Why Now Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion
  • What They Don't Teach You at Harvard Business School: Notes from a Street-Smart Executive
  • Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence—and How You Can, Too
  • The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime!
  • The Hook Up Handbook: 28 Fundamentals to Keep Her Coming Back for More
  • Who Was J.R.R. Tolkien?
Tom and David Gardner cofounded The Motley Fool, a multi-media financial education company, in 1993. Since then they have co-authored four New York Times bestsellers, including The Motley Fool Investment Guide and The Motley Fool's Rule Breakers, Rule Makers.

Librarian note:
Ther is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name