Start by marking “Charmed: Season 9, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Charmed: Season 9, Volume 1

Charmed: Season 9, Volume 1 (Charmed Comic Series #9.0-5)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  857 Ratings  ·  93 Reviews
Charmed Season 9 picks up where the TV show left off With the source of all evil defeated, The Charmed Ones, three witches destined to be the most powerful force for good our world has ever known, have embraced a new life. One of new family, friends, and a future without the constant battle between good and evil... or so they think.
Published February 15th 2011 by Zenescope (first published December 14th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Charmed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charmed

Charlie
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Reading this was like watching an episode of the show. Absolutely fantastic.
Steve
Aug 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of charmed.
Recommended to Steve by: Continuation of the series
Shelves: charmed, fantasy
First I just finished watching the Complete Series. Which brought a longing for more even though they tied the story up with a nice bow. I would love to see them go on to the children taking over. I have one complaint this being a comic they took many liberties with the character drawings.
So this is not a pick it up right where they left off but at least a few years later than season 8. The demons have been quiet long enough to make the sisters miss their calling. And an old familiar trouble is
Luke
May 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: charmed, favourites

Do you remember that TV show about three sisters who discovered they were descendants of a long line of witches? You know, the three sisters who were known as the Power of Three? You know, that show called Charmed? Well, the spellbinding series continues as graphic novels.

I was so excited when I heard that Charmed was going to be continued in graphic novel format.

In the first volume of season 9, the Charmed ones' first innocent - when Prue was around - they save is dead. And she appears to look
Emily
So glad to be back with these girls again! Definitely a darker side to the series...
elizabeth • paper ghosts
Full review to come!

{Notes}

*First and foremost, nothing can compare to the Charmed television series. I'm a huge fan of the series, and when I learned there was a graphic novel continuation, I was absolutely ecstatic. Ordered the first one immediately, and ripped open the package the moment it got here.

*To be honest, I was a little underwhelmed. For only being 154 pages long, it felt like way too much happened. Maybe I'm used to the pacing of the show, but the graphic novel was just breakneck sp
Jenny (Jen & Mel's Book Nook)
Charmed was one of my favourite TV shows (and probably still is today) and the continuation of it in comic form was great! I liked the story and things happened just like they would in an episode.

What I thought could and should have been done a lot better was the artwork, especially the drawings of the characters. I should at least be able to tell which character is which!
Cyndy Otty
Sep 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Victoria Kennedy
Originally published on My Books Are Me

4.5 Stars

As a major Charmed fan, I was so excited when I found out that the series had continued on in comic book form. I've had the book sitting on my shelf for ages and finally got round to picking it up and marathoning it with the first three volumes of season nine. It's just been like switching on the TV and watching the episodes and characters I've always known and loved!

Picking up where the season 8 finale gave a glimpse at, this volume is a bind u
Ashley
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the show, obviously
I found this a couple of weeks ago at a used bookstore and even though that I was not done with watching the series on DVD, I went ahead and bought it so that when I did finish the TV show, I could jump right into this.
Back when "Charmed" debuted, I had no interest in watching the series, but years later, a friend was collecting the series and bribed me into watching the first season. After getting mildly interested, I discovered that she only had seasons 1-3 and no intention of buying the rest.
Cassie Hawkings
This book is AMAZING! It is a god send that they decided to continue the Charmed series through comics. Love it!

So the story continues...

Eighteen months have passed since the Halliwell sisters' final battle with the ultimate power.

Piper the eldest sister has finally realised her dream and has opened her dream restaurant 'Halliwell's'. Still standing faithfully at her side is her husband Leo and their two sons, Wyatt and Chris and 1 year old daughter, Melinda who is coming into her powers which
Joanna
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Η αλήθεια είναι ότι και μόνο που μου δίνετε η δυνατότητα να διαβάσω τι συμβαίνει στην συνέχεια μιας πολυαγαπημένη μου σειράς είναι αρκετός λόγος για να δώσω στον πρώτο μέρος της 9ης σεζον 5 αστέρια.
Ο μόνος λόγος που δεν το κάνω είναι γιατί υπάρχουν κάποια πράγματα που δεν ήταν όπως θα ήθελα.
Πρώτα απ'όλα είναι λίγο ενοχλητικό που αλλάζουν σχεδόν ανα 2 τεύχη οι ζωγραφιές των ηρώων, παρόλο που σε αρκετές περιπτώσεις είναι προς το καλύτερο. Δεύτερον η πλοκή πηγαίνει με πολύ πιο γρήγορο ρυθμό αλλά υ
Sarah Barnes
Mar 27, 2013 rated it liked it
I was so happy to find out that there was a Season 9 of Charmed which is one of my favourite TV series of all time. But I must say that I was a little disappointed with this Volume One. The stories were a little drab and not that exciting. The art although suburb in its own right didn't portray the sisters like they were in the show. I didn't expect exact likenesses but was disappointed that they looked nothing like the Paige, Piper and Phoebe I had loved growing up. I even got a little confused ...more
fierybookwormwitch
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I started re-watching Charmed the T.V show again recently & remembered that I still hadn't read this-Despite having had it for ages!
It didn't take me long to read, once I got used to the style-As I haven't read a Comic Book in ages!
I love the imagery-The Book of Shadows catch up in the beginning is great & the second Artist, Marcio Abreu, is my favourite out of the 2 main Artists featured. As the characters resemble the actresses a bit more & the style is more realistic-Especially
Justin samuelson
Little slow to begin with but towards the end I really got into the story and it felt like the show... which I miss dearly! : (
Tiffany Spencer
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Charmed Season 9 Volume 1
PLOT: Charmed Season 9 Volume 1 is a continuation of the popular hit show Charmed which focuses on the lives of sisters Phoebe, Piper, Prue, and Paige. These comics take place months after the season finale of Season 8.

MY THOUGHTS: I enjoyed Charmed and was excited when I saw on the Charmed Wikia that it was continued into a comic book series and finally came upon some of the issues (which took time). While the issues stayed true to the series there was something a littl
Amanda
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who want to continue Charmed
Shelves: read-in-2017
Mini review time! Set after the show, this volume deals with the Charmed Ones trying to have a normal life. As usual, that doesn't work out for them. They've been able to start the families they so desperately wanted but they're not entirely safe. They haven't had to deal with demons for a long time, but that changes when two new foes bring back an old one. This is a great start to the "season": the women have children of their own that are coming into their powers, their careers are going stron ...more
Ashley
Nov 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I realize that I just read this in March of this year, but I recently discovered that volume 2 was running anywhere from $54, all the way up to $278 on Amazon, so I doubt that I will be reading anymore of the series. Before I traded my copy of volume 1 in, I just wanted to flip back through it to make sure that I didn't want to keep it. I ended up simply reading the whole thing again and decided "yeah, I can part with this."
I wasn't the biggest fan of the show, as I stated in my original review,
Leah
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was absolutely positive that I was going to enjoy this graphic novel, and I was 100% correct in that assumption.

The Halliwells and I have had a very long-term relationship, and I'm super attached to their characters. I was very pleased to see that this book did their characters justice. Especially with Piper (who is currently my favorite of the sisters). I liked that we got to see the next generation, and I hope that they play a bigger part in this series to go along with the whole witchy blo
Carol Gibson
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This is the first five comics of season 9 compiled into a graphic novel. I found it enjoyable and look forward to reading the rest to see what the Halliwell sisters have been up too. It is nice to see them married and raising children as they still balance home life with kicking supernatural butt and protecting innocents.

If you are fan of the series then this is a must read.
Kara
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great introduction back into the Charmed world. I loved the recap in the beginning and the different styles were interesting to see, even if it did throw me off sometimes. I just wish they all didn't have children already to deal with. It seems like such a huge jump from the last season to complete families but I understand that they wanted to pick after the epilogue that the TV show left.
Louise Self
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful addition to Charmed. I loved reading this, it was great being reunited with all the old favourite forgotten characters; if you are a fan of Charmed this is definitely not a disappointing read!
Judy Hall
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just a quick note - I really loved this. It felt like the show.
Shayma
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
I really enjoyed this. I was so happy when I found out I could have a little more of the charmed/haliwell life. I always wish I could rewatch the show like it was the first time. But this book/comic is fun gives off their personalities great and it's almost like I'm watching them.
Jessica
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read the entirety of season 9 and season 10 in a day. It's true to the show, and it's a fabulous continuation.
Justin
Jan 28, 2017 rated it liked it
3 stars. Not bad. I don't love this as much as I loved the show.
Josh
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5-5 Stars

I remember hearing for the first time how my favourite TV show would be returning in comics form - I was thrilled! And this volume doesn't disappoint. If I hadn't already read the entire season this would probably be a 4.5, but as I know how all of the plot threads weave together this is definitely a 5 star read for me.

The characters feel like we've just left off from where they were on the show; the plots are engaging and move the story forward while still having many nostalgic throw
TheBookAddictedGirl
Mar 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All Charmed Lovers Everywhere! :D
One and a half years have passed since the Charmed Ones defeated the Ultimate Power, and their lives have been demon free ever since. They’ve settled down, had kids and started living again – living a quiet, normal life.
Little do they know, the worse is yet to come…
Since I was too young to watch Charmed when it originally came out, I haven’t been a decade-or-whatever-long fan. But even though I only discovered the show a few years ago, I love it just as much. I mean, dude! Witches, sisters, kick
Melissa
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am a long time fan of Charmed. I watched the series as a kid when it first came out and then I recently re-watched all eight seasons on Netflix. Remember back in the day when we had to buy all these damn TV seasons. Thank god Netflix solved that expensive problem. Anyways, I was just researching some stuff online about the show and found out they continued the show for two more seasons in graphic novel form and I was ecstatic! I hurriedly ordered my copy on Amazon and anxiously awaited it's ar ...more
Lianne (The Towering Pile) Lavoie
Warning: This is a review of a graphic novel that takes place after the end of the Charmed television series, so it will definitely contain spoilers from the show!

The Charmed Season 9 comics take place shortly after the end of season 8. I'm not sure exactly how long after... at one point near the beginning it says that their lives have been demon-free for a year and a half, and I would think they'd be demon-free pretty much from the end of the show, but Wyatt and Chris are definitely a good 6 or
Raquel (Rocki)
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
This started 6 months after where the tv show ended. It's interesting to see them in comic form Paige and Pheobe look a lot alike in some scenes I mixed them up if I didn't pay close enough attention. Charmed is one of my favorite tv series to re-watch so how could I not like the graphic novel. I also liked the extra powers they got... a witches work is never done.
  • The Warren Witches (Charmed)
  • Mirror Image (Charmed, #19)
  • Garden of Evil (Charmed, #13)
  • Mist and Stone (Charmed, #18)
  • Date with Death (Charmed, #14)
  • Shadow of the Sphinx (Charmed, #16)
  • Light of the World (Charmed, #36)
  • Pied Piper (Charmed, #27)
  • House of Shards (Charmed, #37)
  • Inherit the Witch (Charmed, #23)
Paul Ruditis also writes under the name P.J. Ruditis.

I was born and raised in Philadelphia where I lived a typical childhood with a far more interesting fantasy life. I mean, how many other eight year olds were sticking their Star Wars action figures in Ziploc bags filled with water and putting them in the freezer to recreate the ice planet of Hoth? (Really? That many? Never mind.)

After college, I
More about Paul Ruditis

Charmed Comic Series (7 books)
  • Charmed: Season 9, Volume 2