Start by marking “Amazing Gracie” as Want to Read:
Amazing Gracie

Amazing Gracie

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  1,397 Ratings  ·  114 Reviews

When Gracie MacDougal returns to Seagull Point, Virginia, seeking to reform her workaholic ways, she discovers more than relaxation. The picturesque town calls to her, as does the waterfront Victorian house she envisions as the perfect bed-and-breakfast. But one person stands between Gracie and her new goal...and he isn't budging.
Southern charmer Kevin Daniels isn't inter
Kindle Edition
Published (first published June 1st 1998)

Debra
Nov 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
2.75 rounded up to a 3 star rating

Gracie decides to quit her job at a hotel in France over floral arrangements. The New CEO of the hotel wants to pinch pennies and decides to pinch the cost of floral arrangements and Gracie has an issue with that. She also has an issue with the frequent passes he makes at her but it seems to be more about the flowers.

So in a huff she goes off to Seagull Point, Virginia. While there she sees a property that she deems would make a lovely bed and breakfast. Of co
Tonya
Jun 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-reads
I agree this is one of Woods best. Gracie is a character I would love to be, and I fell right in love with this book. Feeling as if she isn't appreciated by her new boss,Max, she quits her job working for the international hotel chain. The only problem is where will she go?She has no family, and has never really called anywhere home. She vacationed once when she was young to Seagull Point, Virginia. She has fond memories of it there,so that is where she ends up.

What will she do now that she is
Jenn O'Brien
I really had high hopes for this, but it was a big dud. The main character was not someone you liked or rooted for. She was supposed come off as this strong independent female, but I didn't see it.

The thing that drove me most nuts was the lead up to the love scene. Passion mounting, you are ready to go ... and she leaves to go take a shower? Come on!
Veronica
This book started off promising but ended up reading more like a chick-lit romance than a regular romance (I don't particularly care for the chick-lit style of writing). Also, I love a good happy ending but this was too happy. Gracie seemed to be the "saving-grace" of multiple of Kevin's relatives and reminded me of a Hallmark movie.
Ann
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book when it was first published in 1989. I loved it then and it's just as good as I remember. Gracie quits her job in hotel management and comes to small town Virginia. She sees an old Victorian house and wants to open a B&B. Kevin and his aunt own the old house, a final reminder of his mother's family and doesn't want to sell. As Gracie and Kevin get to know each other and Gracie falls under the spell of the small town and Kevin's family they reach a compromise. A sweet and lov ...more
DuniaFriskaIndah
Kesan yang ingin aku sampaikan adalah aku suka sekali dengan buku ini. >:D< Aku suka dengan gaya Sherryl membawa semua tokoh-tokohnya menjadi suatu drama percintaan yang indah dan tidak terkesan murahan. :x Ide cerita sangat simple sekali, seoarang wanita yang ingin membangun penginapan di daerah selatan Amerika Serikat namun tersandung dengan sang pemilik yang ternyata di dalam novel ini menjadi sepasang kekasih yang saling melengkapi. :x :x Singkat kata ceritanya tentang drama cinta ala ...more
nurmawati

sebenernya cerita nya bagus, tapi terjemahannya agak datar jadi kurang berasa feel nya.....
gw kasih 3.5 bintang aja deh ya....

ceritanya ttg gracie yang lelah hidup berpindah2 dari 1 negara ke negara lain dan dari 1 kota ke kota lain karena dia bekerja di jaringan hotel internasional yang sgt sibuk, belum lagi dengan bos yang terlalu menuntut dan bergantung semua pekerjaan sampe yg terkecil2 nya ke gracie....
gracie berniat pergi dan luburan ke kota kecil yang dulu pernah di datangi nya...tapi beg
Harry Lane
A nice break from the daily quota of crime, war, and petty politics. It's a romantic comedy with believable characters one can actually relate to, and a totally predictable plot. The predicitability doesn't matter, though, because of the amusing antics and dialog along the way. Strikes me as a potential basis for a really good movie.
Yessyamarilis
Cerita ini mengingatkanku dengan virgin river. Bercerita tentang Gracie McDougal seorang manajer jaringan hotel internasional di Cannes. Hidupnya hanya untuk pekerjaan, selalu sibuk dan selama ini dia berpindah tempat tinggal dari satu negara ke negara lainnya. Namun yang dirindukannya adalah "rumah" meski dia sendiri belum bisa menggambarkan seperti apa rumah yang dia harapkan. Pada satu titik ketika dia jenuh dengan pekerjaanyaa, memutuskan untuk berhenti dan menuju Seagull Point Virginia. Tan ...more
Mirella Grace
Jun 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: violet-books
Awalnya beli buku ini karena bingung mo milih buku violet books yang mana. Eeeeh, ngeliat judul Amazing Gracie langsung kubeli... Pikirku: nama tokoh ceweknya mirip ama namaku. Inget banget deh, ini novel VB kedua yang kubeli, tapi jadi novel VB ke 7 yang kubaca.

Ternyata, gak sia sia beli dan baca ni buku. Ceritanya simpel, tapi dalam dan berkesan. Well, kalo boleh bilang, ini buku kedua berturut-turut yang mengisahkan perpindahan tokohnya dari Eropa ke bagian Timur Amerika.

Just to make it simp
Erin
Aug 20, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2 1/2 stars, actually.

I don't know that I've ever read any of Sherryl Woods' books before, but I got this one for free at PLA, so I threw it in my carry-on to read on vacation this summer. It was OK. Characters weren't terribly believable or well-developed, but I liked Aunt Delia.

It's a plot-driven bit of fluff--good for a beach read. The premise is that Gracie quits her job as a fancy-schmancy hotel manager when the new CEO starts penny-pinching & sacrificing quality for the bottom line. Sh
Michelle
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick read that leaves you feeling good. Gracie leaves a high pressure job as a hotel manager in France because the new general manager is more interested in the bottom line than the guests experience. After Gracie quits she returns to the only place she remembers as peaceful - Seagull Point, Virginia. After a few weeks she starts to wonder what next. She spots an old worn down Victoria that would make a perfect Bed & Breakfast. But this was only supposed to be a temporary stop on her journe ...more
Marcia  Haskell
I loved this story. Each of the characters were unique, enjoyable and real. The book made me laugh, and feel for the people trying so hard to be happy and loved. Smart, sharp, lively women who are insightful and caring are contrasted with men who have let their history and pain prevent them for getting what they want. There are a lot of role reversals in this book, but, with her usual storytelling skill and understanding of human nature, Sherryl Woods, has created another gem of southern life wh ...more
Barbi
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very enjoyable book about a woman trying to find some roots and a purpose for her life.
Gracie leaves a job working for a hotel chain and heads to Seagull Point, VA. She is looking for a little relaxation and someplace to set down roots. She comes across an old Victorian that would be "perfect" for a bed-and-breakfast. Several things stand in her way, mainly Kevin Daniels.
She meets a slew of interesting characters mostly related to Kevin that make the story even more interesting.
Susan
Laid off from her job and utterly disenchanted with men, Gracie MacDougal pours all her attention into turning an old Victorian house into a bed and breakfast, with the help of its owner, an indolent but charming Southern lawyer.

While I liked the plot, would any truly self-possessed modern woman take kindly to a man who hardly knows her but tells her he plans to sleep with her?
Peggy
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It wasn't a bad book, but this type of book doesn't seem to be my cup of tea anymore.
Chasidy Kaye Jones
Free copy received by netgalley.com in exchange for review.
Gracie has a busy life managing a hotel in France. The hotel business has always been her life, so much so that she has not had a vacation since she was a child. Frustrated with her new boss and his money money attitude, she quits, even though she has no home to go back to. She picks the one place she went on vacation as a child.
Once in Virginia, she falls in love with an old falling down mansion and sets out to own it and turn it into
Sherrlyn
All Gracie MacDougal knows is work, having moved from one hotel to another in the international Worldwide Hotel chain, troubleshooting and ensuring that the exclusive luxury inns lived up to their reputations. At the age of 29, she comes to the stunning realization that all she has is her career. After a run-in with the fifth CEO in as many years, whose vision is less about luxury and exclusivity and more about dollars and cents, she impulsively quits only to realize she has nowhere to go home t ...more
Charlene Rowe
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Patient readers apply here

I guess when you meet the Hero in a hammock, you should be able to figure the pace of the story. Slow but nice. Worth the patience to get to the end? You decide.
Julie Hoffpauir
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book. First time reading this author, the characters were easy to fall in love with even Max. The plot was an easy read and the different stories going on were wonderful. Will definitely read some more by this author.
Shelley
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Sherryl Woods

What can I say but I always love these books. Sometimes you are just in the mood for a happy, feel good book with characters you are drawn to and wish you knew in real life. This book did not disappoint.
Cheryl
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Comfort

A good book about finding family and love. Gracie leaves her high powered job to find a place to call home and visits the small town in Virginia where she had been taken on a family vacation as a child. Warm characters and story.
Sarah TheAromaofBooks
Readable but ultimately forgettable.
Monique E. Lacroix
Great story

A nice sweet romance. An older book that I missed earlier. A lot of sweet kisses and desires but no descriptive sex scenes. Loved it!
Carly Gamblin
Good story line. Not one of woods best. Felt forced and random.
Debbie
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. Cute story line. The characters were mostly believable. I would recommend it.
Janet Friesner
Nice little romance. Easy reading. Not as good as the Chesapeake Series but then it would be hard to compare with that.
Willa
Jan 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy and cheesy. A couple annoying characters (Max!), but it was an ok read to zone out with.
Sparrow12
I liked the storyline.
There were too many sexual references for me the last few chapters.
Jackie Lane
Nov 08, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
  • Here Comes Trouble
  • Orchard Valley Grooms: Valerie\Stephanie
  • Ex, Why, and Me
  • Heat Wave: Rex on the Beach/Getting Into Trouble/Shaken and Stirred
  • Our Little Secret
  • The Summer Hideaway (Lakeshore Chronicles, #7)
  • Christmas Weddings: His Christmas Eve Proposal / Snowbound Bride / Their Christmas Vows
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
  • Viva Las Bad Boys!
  • Turn My World Upside Down: Jo's Story
  • Her Cinderella Complex
  • Blazing Bedtime Stories (Once Upon A Bite / My, What A Big...You Have! / Sexily Ever After)
  • Once Upon a Christmas: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year\'twas the Week Before Christmas
  • The First Love Cookie Club (Twilight, Texas, #3)
  • A NASCAR Holiday 2: Miracle Season/Season of Dreams/Taking Control/The Natural
  • Desert Rogues Part 1
  • Footloose (Bellagio, #3)
  • Old Enough to Know Better
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa
More about Sherryl Woods

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • To Dream (The Broken Roads #4)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Ghouls Rush In (Peyton Clark, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Calico Palace: A Novel (Open Road)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Seeing Red
    $9.99 $2.99
  • To Trust (The Broken Roads #1)
  • A Falling Star
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Just Grace (Oklahoma Land Rush, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Nailed (Worked Up, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Montana Cherries (Montana Wildes, #1)
  • The Lake House
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Velvet (The Promised Land #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fated (Servants of Fate, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Emma's Folly (Oklahoma Land Rush, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Redemption (The Love's Valley #4)
  • In the Cards
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tilly (The Drifters & Dreamers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Trouble (St. James, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury of Fire (Dragonfury, #1)
  • Absolution
    $3.99 $1.99
  • My Dearest Love (Longing for Home)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Dying to Tell (Slaughter Creek, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Choices (The Love's Valley #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fury of Surrender (Dragonfury, #6)
  • Secrets in Summer: A Novel
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Walkin' on Clouds (Angels & Outlaws, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Best Kind of Broken (Finding Fate, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Unbreak My Heart (Fostering Love #1)
  • OBSESSION
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Chances (The Love's Valley #3)
  • Nearlyweds
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Sweet Resolve (Lucky, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Promises (The Love's Valley #5)