Start by marking “Journeys to the End of the World” as Want to Read:
Journeys to the End of the World

Journeys to the End of the World

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  6 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Psychology student Vicky Watts goes to Plettenberg Bay hoping to discover what happened to her enigmatic great-grandfather, Dan Butler, who returned from the trenches of the Western Front in 1918 suffering from shell-shock. Like the archaeologists working in the Letterbox Cave, the novel gradually brushes through layers of the past, revealing not only Dan's harrowing story ...more
332 pages
Published 2007 by Penkelly Books

To ask other readers questions about Journeys to the End of the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Journeys to the End of the World

Larry B Gray
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Clive Algar has done it again with his book Journeys to the End of the World. This is an excellent book full of action, adventure and romance. Once I started reading this book I had trouble putting it down.

The author is an excellent storyteller and his way with words made the story come alive. I really loved the way he told a tale of three periods in history and brought them all together in the end.

Once again in this story, as in his previous two books I have read, his ability as a wordsmith pu
Chrissie
Jun 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
So far so good. It's fun to bug billy when I get to an SA place or word I can't figure out. Bioscope = cinema.

Did not love the end -- in fact hated the end. Race relations will not be improved with this plot.
Carolyn Guthrie
Jun 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, decided to give it a try after seeing a good review on the Historical
Novels Review Online in May last year. You're taken on a journey through the ages, all leading back to one place.
I always love knowing a bit more about the author (www.clivealgar.co.za)
Kokila
Meg R
Jan 25, 2016
Court Hansen
Aug 07, 2017
Formerly a group executive in an international mining company, Clive began to write novels when he retired.

More about Clive Algar