Start by marking “The Earl's Mistletoe Bride” as Want to Read:
The Earl's Mistletoe Bride

The Earl's Mistletoe Bride

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  47 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
If it hadn't been for handsome Jonathan, Earl of Portbury, Beth might never have seen another Christmas! Destitute and suffering from amnesia, she was lucky to be saved from the freezing cold and given a roof over her head.A year later the earl returns, seeking a bride. Discovering his foundling is now a beautiful woman, he resolves to give her a new identity. This Christm ...more
Published November 1st 2010 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Earl's Mistletoe Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Earl's Mistletoe Bride

Nikki
Nov 01, 2013 rated it did not like it
It had a lot going on but it was quite boring. I wish there was more adventure. Christmas wasn't even a factor until Beth was wandering around in the snow. Not a good Christmas book.
Sheila
Nov 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a great regency story, engaging and page-turning. It was interesting being in the heads of both the heroine, Beth, as she strove to find identity after losing her memory and the hero as he changed from the stiff, starchy, dutiful Earl to the passionate lover. A simple story but totally engaging and a good Christmas read.
Amanda
Jun 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: brain-junk-food
I would rather give this 2 1/2 stars, but I rounded up instead of down. I had issues with this book, mainly to do with the flow and horrible placement of the critical climax of the story.... which was 2 chapters from the end..... I should have to read a book clear to the end, to his a climax in the story. The characters were fine, not well developed, but yet, they were there and you could relate to them. A lot of left unsaid clear to the very end of the book, which I found unnecessary... I think ...more
Lisa Delaine Youngblood
Dec 31, 2010 rated it really liked it
When a young woman is found destitute and suffering from amnesia, she is saved by handsome Jonathan, Earl of Portbury, and cared for by the local rector and his wife. Not even knowing her name, the truly good Christians call her Beth and pretend that she is their niece. She quickly becomes schoolmistress, though is not accepted by everyone in town. When the Earl of Portbury returns after harrowing experiences during the war, he determines first to help the poor girl by introducing her into socie ...more
Sandy
This was a good read. The male character was nicely developed. The female character was one dimensional in that no one could ever be that good. There was a tiny bit of intrigue as to who she really was. Which gave her no end of guilt and grief throughout the book. Was she a serial murderer?? Probably not. The courtship was sweet but a little quick. Things fell together a little too easy for me, but overall just a good story.
Maureen Osborne
Nov 01, 2010 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book because its my first Christmas Regency of 2010. Unfortunately, I was not engaged by the two characters Jonathan, Earl of Portbury nor Beth. I think this book was edited badly which resulted in problems with pacing.
Carrie
Was going to knock off a star for making the two of the bad guys "evil" lesbians, but Jon changed his tune by the end and accepted love is love and everything was cool. It was rather sweet.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Beth was rescued on a rainy winters night a year ago by Jonathan. He is an Earl, and she has amnesia with no rememberance of her past. Love ensues and the mystery of her past is solved. Good read!!
Lisa  Montgomery
Mar 30, 2013
Booknut
Apr 08, 2014
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 20, 2015 07:09AM
I am a Scot, born and raised in Glasgow, one of the friendliest places in the world. Unfortunately, there were not many career opportunities in Scotland at the time I left University, and so I migrated to London. Living in England didn't stop me from hankering after the glorious wildness of the Scottish mountains and lochs, but short visits were the best I could do.

I have always been a history fa
More about Joanna Maitland...