Start by marking “Fruits Basket, Vol. 11” as Want to Read:
Fruits Basket, Vol. 11

Fruits Basket, Vol. 11

(Fruits Basket #11)

The world's most popular shojo manga continues! While at the Sohma vacation home, Tohru is caught in a whirlwind of family strife. Can she relax and put the "fun" in dysfunctional? None of the Sohmas are going to make it easy, including an angry horse that attacks Tohru. Could this be a new member of the Zodiac? Meanwhile, in a fierce argument with Akito, Kyo reveals his t ...more
Published August 9th 2005 by Tokyopop (first published February 19th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Fruits Basket, Vol. 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fruits Basket, Vol. 11

Start your review of Fruits Basket, Vol. 11
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Holla the wood faerie!! This issue was quite an emotional rollercoaster! I swear things are getting more and more intense between Akito and all the other members of the zodiac. Akito definitely was in best form regarding his cruelty and ruthlessness. >_<

Highlights of this volume:

”Who the hell do you think you are?! Ah?!”
“I’m me.”

OMG!!! Yuki-kun actually accepting who he is?! I never thought I’d live to see this day but damn Tohru did it! She managed to give him confidence and I’m so proud!!!
Kat (Lost in Neverland)
Holy crap. Holy shit. Holy hot dogs on a flaming barbecue.

I was literally shaking with anger, no, murderous rage last night as I read this volume. I can't even rate it because I can't tell if I liked it or hated it. What I hated, despised, wanted to strangle, was Akito. If that motherf*cker lays one more of his slimy, disgusting hands on my Kyo, I will rip. him. apart.

I can't really explain my torrent of emotions I felt while reading it, so I'll just explain it in gifs.

description

This is me as I'm typing
Rain Misoa
Jun 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!! And anyone with the patience to deal with STUPID!!!
Recommended to Rain by: Nicole Terazue
Shelves: manga
WHY!? JUST WHY!? HOW CAN ALL THIS BE HAPPENING!? IT MAKES ME SO UPSET! I CAN'T HANDLE MUCH MORE OF WHAT'S GOING ON HERE! Okay, people! Listen up! This volume has a whole bunch "WTF!?" moments! It's so filled with juicy new twists and turns! Hell, you even see some of the truth be revealed to you! Finally, right? Took long enough to find out what the "curse" really is. Don't worry. I won't tell you. I'll let you find out about that for yourself. But man... wasn't that crazy? I was so angry throug ...more
Merb
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"I want to be near you, until the time comes when I must go away. I want to be with you until the end."

🐑 This volume is Hiro! 🐑
And what an annoying little punk he is!

Ok... so this was abso-freaking-lutely fantastic! I cannot believe how emotionally charging this volume was. I had to put this book down several times because I was shaking and couldn't take how worked up I was. And in a good way, trust me.

This volume we continue to follow Tohru and the Sohma's on their summer vacation, however the
Cath
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5 stars.
Oooooh some secrets are revealed in this volume, shit is going down.
Yesy (The Book Vagrant)
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
my precious children T_T
I love them all...especially Kyo!!
hal
Feb 12, 2015 rated it liked it
I finished watching the Fruits Basket anime a few weeks ago and was very disappointed that there were only 26 episodes. I love these characters so much, I needed more. So I decided to start reading the manga.

This was great. Just as good (if not better) than the anime. All my favorite characters, like Kyo and Yuki and Shigure, are here. Yay, Fruits Basket! I really think Akito is an intriguing character. I wouldn't say I like him/her but s/he is a very complex character, one that you can't even b
Becky
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Oh man this was stressful. So much abuse, so much sweet, so much awful. This was scary. At some point this stopped being cute and became scary. I don't know if I can take another, what, 10 books of this? I'm so afraid for them all. ...more
Silvia Turcios
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels, manga
Wow! I wish I had more stars to give to this series!
This volume in particular was pretty intense...
Marilee
Jan 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
All I'll say is Akito makes me very mad 😡 ...more
Lanie
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Manga and romance fans
Spoilers ahead. You have been warned.

Oh my god. The librarian was right! She likes manga too, and she said this series was really good, but didn't get SUPER good until volume 11. And she was so right!!!!

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD!!!!!!!!

this volume was AMAZING! Really giving some amazing character development to both kyo and Tohru. I love them both. :D at first glance, she really isn't much of a strong female lead. Which are so important for young readers. But as the series progresses and especially
Kassidy
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm beginning to find out why one acts one way and how some can keep it to themselves, while others grow selfesh of it. In this book the sohma's 'god' came to visit their vacation home leaving many to fear and some to move on. ...more
Lexy Kelleher
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Easily my favorite so far. A lot of character development happens in this one. And man, some intense scenes with Akito. Finally, Tohru has met all of the Zodiac!
delaney
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Here we go, getting darker and darker. Also, Tohru is a quiet kind of strong heroine.
Martha
3/12 Goodreads Summer Challenge - Not from around here. (Read a book set in a different culture from your own. Fruits Basket is set in Japan.)

Tohru is on holiday at the Sohma summer vacation home where there is a lot of family drama, from an angry introduction to the horse zodiac member to the constant darkening of Akito's nature.

In this volume, there is a lot of Akito drama. Akito is just so, so awful. A classic abuser. They manipulate and gaslight everyone around them, filling the minds of Yu
Kailey (Luminous Libro)
Emotional upheaval!! GAH! I'm so scared of Akito; that man is horrible and terrifying. He hurt my babies, my characters. I just want to punch him and throw him in jail, and hug my characters and make them happy again. I cannot stand the awful things Akito says. He's emotionally abusive to his entire family, and there's always the threat of violence lurking behind everything, and then he actually physically abuses children and I want to scream. I get so upset!

There are some very sweet scenes with
Tori
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Devon Elcik
I never used to like Manga books till I watched the anime version of this manga and loved it so much that i wanted to know what happened in the series after the anime stopped so i started the manga series. Read it even if you dont like manga because it is amazing.
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
This is an incredible volume! The Akito arc gets really strong here and we learn more in depth why their ability is a curse.

Love the moments between Kyo and Tohru. He is practical and protective when she's particularly flighty!

BOTTOM LINE: Akito brings the drama!
Yehudit
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childhood-loves
This, at this point of my rereading this series, is the best volume - and I adore all of it.

*sob* I just love these people so much.
Danyka
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
I'd watched and liked the anime version when I was still a kid.

And, I got no plans for reading it's manga.
Amanda
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This series continues to get more serious and go deeper with every volume.
Marcia
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-mostly, manga
I'm lovin' the Fruba drama that is KYO. Dang. Plus I love to hate Akito. And yes I should be doing homework, but no I can't stop reading... I'm rolling on to Vol 12. ...more
Snow
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So much happened in this one.

Spoiler:

Maybe I cried when Kyou realized he loves Tohru and hid that fact from Akito so that he wouldn't be as cruel to her.

Maybe I cried in general.
Kelly
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics-manga
Ah, this one is so sad, but so good! Warning spoiler's ahead, so skip this review for now if you haven't read it.
Man, this is a really emotionally intense volume! The beach trip continues, but now it is in Akito's shadow. However some surprises are in store. The final members of the zodiac are at last revealed. We find out the fiery Rin is the Horse, and mild-mannered Kureno who Uo-chan told Tohru about is in fact the Rooster. But... if that is the case, what is Akito? Well, we'll get to that in
Ben Truong
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fruits Basket, Vol. 11 continues where the previous tankōbon left off and contains the next six chapters (60–65) of the on-going manga series.

Akito Sohma continues to keep the zodiac with him during the days. Hatori Sohma tells Kyo Sohma not to leave Tohru Honda alone, and Yuki Sohma warns him not to lose it if he meets Akito because Tohru might get hurt. The next day, Akito takes Kureno Sohma to see Tohru, saying she needs to learn she is no match for him, but when he sees Kyo having fun on the
Lindsay
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review may contain spoilers.

This is the book where everything changes. We meet the rest of the juunishi while everyone is at the summer house, and Akito deides to pay them a visit. We also see the depths of Akito’s hatred for Tohru- he thinks she is trying to take the juunishi from him.

We also earn that after graduation, all of the Sohma kids will be forced to return to the family compound and will never leave again. Kyo, as the cat, will be locked in isolation for the rest of his life.

Th
Fiona
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sara
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I forgot how much happens in this book! Here are my notes after rereading Fruits Basket #11:
- Rin's so strong, yet aggressive. She reminds me of a wild horse that hasn't been tamed yet.
- I love how (view spoiler)
- Oh yeah! THAT'S why Kyo wants to beat Yuki so badly. I forgot about that.
- Ugh! Akito makes me so sick! The way he (view spoiler)
Luisa Maula
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-read
It’s so cute to see a budding romance developing between two characters for this volume. Someone’s finally being genuinely accepted by their presence, flaws and all.

There’s hope for these lovebirds to develop their relationship further. If only one continues to improve to be more honest with his emotions, their situation could turn out for the better.

Meanwhile, a rival towards love as well continues to compete in the distance. Will he get another chance to praise her, I wonder.

Aside from that
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 3 (Ouran High School Host Club, #3)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 10 (Ouran High School Host Club, #10)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 1 (Vampire Knight, #1)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 4
  • フルーツバスケットanother 1 (Fruits Basket Another, #1)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 13 (Ouran High School Host Club, #13)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 4 (Ouran High School Host Club, #4)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 17 (Ouran High School Host Club, #17)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 9 (Ouran High School Host Club, #9)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 15 (Ouran High School Host Club, #15)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 11 (Ouran High School Host Club, #11)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 16 (Ouran High School Host Club, #16)
  • 桜蘭高校ホスト部 18
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 02 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #2)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 14 (Ouran High School Host Club, #14)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 8 (Ouran High School Host Club, #8)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 12 (Ouran High School Host Club, #12)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 6 (Ouran High School Host Club, #6)
See top shelves…
Name (in native language) : 高屋奈月

Natsuki Takaya (高屋 奈月 Takaya Natsuki, real name Naka Hatake) is the penname of a Japanese manga artist best-known for creating the series Fruits Basket. She was born on July 7, 1973; (Tanabata). Takaya is left-handed and once revealed that she wanted to be a mangaka since first grade, when her sister started drawing.

She was born in Shizuoka, Japan, but was raised i

Fruits Basket (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 1