Start by marking “Miki Falls, Volume 2: Summer” as Want to Read:
Miki Falls, Volume 2: Summer

Miki Falls, Volume 2: Summer (Miki Falls #2)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  1,078 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews

Has Miki fallen too hard?

"Don't get involved."

But Miki fears his work might do more harm than good, and she takes controlâ�

Published June 26th 2007 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Miki Falls, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miki Falls, Volume 2

Sarai
Product Description
Has Miki fallen too hard? It's summer, and Miki Yoshida is learning all about love. Her senior year has blossomed with promise ever since she gained Hiro Sakurai's confidence. Now, she's resolved to keep his trust as he reveals more about his secret mission and warns: "Don't get involved." But Miki fears his work might do more harm than good, and she takes control — with disastrous results. How can trying to make things right turn out so dangerously wrong?

Ah, Miki. Even though
quinnster
Feb 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Miki begins to learn more of what it really means for Hiro to be a Deliverer and despite his insistence that Deliverers cannot fall in love with humans her feelings for him grow deeper and deeper. When Reika returns to threaten everything for Miki she realizes that she has a painful choice to make.

Still....LOVE IT!
Angela Parks
Mar 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I am anxious to read the last two books in this series, but have to wait till I get back to work to get my copies that are on hold for me! Great series for readers who are not totally into graphic novels or manga. Black and white pictures, but the details are great.
Erin
Dec 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
In the second volume of Miki Falls, Miki and Hiro's relationship starts to blossom. Miki starts to accompany Hiro on his jobs and has difficulty when her best friend is involved. I enjoyed this as much as the first. The end gave me goosebumps!
Jun 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
The ending is really adorable. I really liked this seris because they are romantic and not sick like some comics you read these days.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Carrie Spellman for TeensReadToo.com

FYI: If you didn't read the first story in the series yet (MIKI FALLS: SPRING), and you don't want the story of MIKI FALLS: SUMMER ruined, then STOP!

Hiro has not only let Miki become his friend and let her into his world a little, he's even letting her see his work. Sometimes he even takes her with him. But Miki wants more. Whenever she tries to push, even just a little, Hiro shies away. Miki can't tell if it's just her, or if it's Hiro. He claims
Joss
Aug 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
August 2013: 3 Stars
Phew, this volume *was* a little better, although Miki's nosiness is irritating beyond belief and Reika's character is beyond stereotypical. I mean, she even has a name you want to spit out with sound and fury when you see her (I'm not saying it's not a nice name- it's very pretty!- but it does make a good name for a bitchy villain, too).
The artwork still irritates me, and, like in the first volume, the story is told and explained far too much in text when really, the advanta
Ali
Jan 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
You know that a novel slash manga is a good one when while reading it, it bestows upon you another novel slash manga; when it beckons your muse to come by and hit you wither her gracious fan one last time.
So thank you Miki Falls 2: Summer for that, and I wish that none of my friends would ever read you so they wont have the pleasure of pointing their fingers at me and accusing me of being highly romantic!
Chris
May 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: drama, romance, manga, borrowed
it only gets 3 stars because the art and paneling was so good. the story was pretty lame to me, high school love story. no mystery to solve like book one. didn't really care about this one at all, as it was rather soppy.
CoolWeirdo48
Aug 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Way better than the first one!
Sadie Duran
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thought it was the cutest love story ever!!! a must read
Max Ostrovsky
Sep 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Slightly better than the first. I can see where this is going - still Twilight-ish.
Autumn
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It was great! The story gets better and better! These thrilling line of events is sure to lead to a very good ending. I've already begun the next book!
Sierra
May 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Not my favorite of the series, but still, Miki and Hiro are so cute together!!! ♥
Angela
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book gave me sooooo many feels!! I loved the first book, but the second was even better to me!!
Sky
Feb 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
i finished during treading time it took me a half hour!!!
Diana
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think this was a really great story, it was also very easy to read. I think the ending was really interesting because at the end Reika was telling Miki things about Hiro, and then Miki decided to not see Hiro, but then as the days passed She went to see Hiro.
Chikita Kodikal
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This review is applicable for books 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the Miki Falls series.

*SPOILERS*

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed with the last book in the series, Miki Falls: Winter. From the first till the third book in the series, I was hooked. I wanted to know more about the characters and how they develop as a result of the situations they are made to endure. Unfortunately, this book fell flat for me. There was little to no development of the main characters and no mention of the other characters
Katie
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Marathoning this series was a great idea. I'm loving rereading Miki and Hiro's story! Miki Falls: Summer took the reader deeper into Hiro's story, and his relationship with Miki. It also introduced a new influential character... I don't remember how she affects the rest of the series? How will Hiro's superiors react to his falling in love with a human? Not having picked up these books since middle school, I don't remember a lot of what happens, which is kind of exciting! I cannot wait t
Gigi
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
As Miki forms a bond with Hiro she finds out he is a deliver- a person who tries to preserve love. She isn't bothered by that until she find out that Hiro and her can't be together.They both love each other so they decide to keep it a secret. But can they really keep it a secret for long? To be honest about the second book, I really didn't see this coming at all. I thought it would be different bu this kind of surprised me, which kind of made me like the story and plot a bit more interesting.
Parris
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who liked the first volume!
So, I finished this book this morning within a matter of 30 minutes, so I think I can say that I enjoyed it! It was definitely a compelling follow up to the first volume, Spring. It was interesting to see how the job of the Deliverers worked; [SPOILER] how they observe and take notes, and how Hiro did those incantations to capture that couple's love inside Anra. And I loved the artwork especially!

Anyway, I definitely recommend this manga to anyone who's wondering if they should continue on with
Ashley Brooke
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this series. I had heard very good things about it. However, I found all four graphic novels to be boring and had very little motivation to even finish the series.

The animation is pretty 85% of the time. To me, it read like a storyboard, which I guess you could say is how graphic novels are supposed to come off. However, It took me away from the story, more so than when I have read manga in the past.

Not my cup of tea.
Emily Argall
Apr 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
In my opinion, this was better than the first book in the series "Miki Falls Spring." Maybe its just that I didn't like the suspense of the first book. Mark Crilley's drawings are really good as always. The story line was pretty strong, and left you with the satisfaction that the characters actually learned something in the story. Cute book for preteens and up.

Aimee
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed it. Loved the ending! It was a very "awww" moment. As an aspiring artist, I really appreciated all the wonderful drawings and I felt the story had developed more from the first entry. I'm glad I'm reading the series now because I can keep greedily reading them all without having to wait for the next publication!
Shweta
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
The thing i love about mangas is that they are easy to read regardless and they always have different styles of drawing his characters sometimes to come out 2d sometimes but not all the time i think it's the way he draws his faces but the story is moving on and they got caught by reika so yeah defenitely reading the next one
Alexa
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's a fairly popular concept: supernatural/immortal boy falls for a normal girl and their love is forbidden. But Mark Crilley brings it to life in an all new way in Miki Falls! I thoroughly enjoyed this book (LOVED THE ENDING SCENES) and am excited to read the next one.
Originally read in June 18th of 2013
Susan Bischoff
Jul 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I'm really glad I bought this series and so glad I got them all at once because the first one was no enough. I went straight from Spring into Summer and all the way through. I love the way these are written, the way it feels so much reading a novel. I love the art, the characters, the story. Just love love love.
Amnaa511
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is so good it's not the same as the other stories I read, i'm looking excited to read the next volume..
The actions attract you to know what's going to happen next and the for myself I felt as if I was watching a movie.
Kathy
Dec 09, 2008 rated it it was ok
I'm finding the side story about the job of the Deliverers more fascinating than the main story, which only seems to get in the way. Still, there are some cute moments & I would like to know how it all wraps up (this is book 2 of 4).
BubbleTea734
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Better than the first one. I like how when people storm off the sound they make when they walk is 'chep chep chep'. I have a theory where all this is going, I'll have to keep reading to find out if I'm right.
  • Emma, Vol. 05
  • From Far Away, Vol. 13
  • Bizenghast, Volume 5 (Bizenghast, #5)
  • Pearl Pink, Vol. 02
  • Janes in Love (Janes, #2)
  • Hibiki's Magic Volume 1
  • Alice 19th, Vol. 2 (Alice 19th, #2)
  • Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 26 (Hunter x Hunter, #26)
Mark Crilley is an American comic book creator and children's book author/illustrator. He is the creator of Miki Falls, Akiko, and Brody's Ghost. He is also noted for his instructional videos for drawing in the manga-style. Crilley distributes drawing advice to artists via YouTube videos and his DeviantArt account. In August 2010, he starred in some how to draw videos for Funimation on demand. Mar ...more
More about Mark Crilley...

Miki Falls (4 books)