Start by marking “Ageless Body, Timeless Mind: The Quantum Alternative to Growing Old” as Want to Read:

Ageless Body, Timeless Mind: The Quantum Alternative to Growing Old

There is nothing inevitable about aging--that is the inspiring message from Dr. Deepak Chopra. "Once again Dr. Chopra presents us with information that can help us live long, healthy lives. For all those interested in a long, full life, this book is a valuable resource."--Bernie Siegel, M.D., author of Love, Medicine and Miracles Over 1.5 million copies sold. National best ...more
Published December 27th 1994 by Harmony (first published December 2nd 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Ageless Body, Timeless Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ageless Body, Timeless Mind

Start your review of Ageless Body, Timeless Mind: The Quantum Alternative to Growing Old
Bren
Ageless Body, Timeless Mind: The Quantum Alternative to Growing Old

Not for me. I know so many people who adore Deepak Chopra and I will say he writes in such a magnificent vibrant way.

This book was to long for me and I just wasn't interested enough to stay with it. I did like some of what I read. I consider myself a spiritual person so these types of books are going to appeal to me. But..

It was way to long an
adllto
Oct 06, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ologies, general
Some people seem to rave about Deepak Chopra. I'm not sure why perhaps I was spoilt by Andrew Weil's book Healthy Aging.

Chopra has much similar to say as Weil and somehow need desperately a good book editor to help him say it. Perhaps the problem is everything has to link to his idea of quantum where he is drawing on quantum physics to bolster his case. "... the mind influences every cell in the body, human aging is fluid and changeable; it can speed up, slow down, stop for a time, and even reve
Bakul
Jan 15, 2010 rated it did not like it
I started reading this book hoping this one will be a little bit better than his other books. I cannot say that I did not pick up few hints from this book, but it was utterly disappointing 99% of the time. However, it made a long road trip quite entertaining. First of all, advices he gives are ridiculously narcissitic. To go through the routine he suggested, one must be wealthy enough to support two maids or have a slave-like wife who does nothing but her husbands biddings. I doubt any husband w ...more
Charuga
Mar 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
I enjoy Chopra's books. As a western trained medical doctor (that specialized in endocrinology) I like his take on eastern & western philosophy. This book defines the mind/body/spirit connection and that "you are what you think".... Biostat 29 baby!!! ...more
Barbara P
Aug 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
What a treasure of a book! Chopra is a wise man of our times and presents his thoughts/ideas in such a practical way. It was timely to read this book as John and I are now in the older generation. He spells out so clearly the difference between growing older and staying youthful in mind, heart and spirit. He reminds us that yes, the years go on but disease is what makes us older and much disease is preventable. He also reminds us that all of our life experiences are stored in our cells and there ...more
Josh
May 14, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: booksread
Deepak Chopra offers us nothing new in this book. He simply reinforces practical ideals for living a long, healthy life, body and soul. Great book to read and discuss.
Pawan
Jun 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Even though I had heard of Deepak Chopra before and have listened to some of his interviews on TV, I had never read anything written by him before. This book “Ageless Body, Timeless Mind” caught my attention and I am really glad of reading this book. This is slightly a different type of self-help book where he is specifically dealing with the concept of aging of human body and how we can have better control over it.

He has used research results from various fields
Othón A. León
Nov 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science
In this wonderful book (a must!), Deepak Chopra explains in a very understandable way and from A to Z, the difference between growing old and growing sick, being the last one, the accepted condition in our Western cultures for anyone over 45 years old, but amazingly, this does not have to be... it's actually a matter of awareness! biological age depends on psychological age he says, implying that knowledge of true nature is essential to overcome the fear and sorrow feelings that are really respo ...more
A.J.
May 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
Deepak Chopra is gifted charlatan who preys on the weak-minded and gullible. Included in this group are a few “celebrities” and talk-show hosts who propagate this nonsense to their sheep-like followers. Being the adept con man that he is he throws in scientific jargon to hide his profound ignorance.
Awdhesh Singh
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an exceptional book, at least for me. I read this book around ten years ago and the book made great impression on me. Once I started the book, I could not leave it before I finished. The connection between science and spirituality, body and mind has never been written better. I still use many of the principles in my articles and books.
Madhumita
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Today is a turning point in my life. Today I finished this guide.
I'll remember today, the day everything changed.
This isn't a book, it's a legacy of wisdom, handed down from the ancient sages, expressed through the eloquence and clarity of Deepak Chopra's words.
Kara  Myers
Feb 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
A new way of looking at aging but a bit too much quantum physics for me!
Ruchira Khanna
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cleared the myth that suffering is necessary. It is a part of reality. We are inevitable victims of sickness, aging and death. Changing our consciousness changes our reality and one can create a healthy being by our own consciousness--the interaction of the mind.
ENIGMATIC FOOL
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and fun way to grow young forever. Gives an insight of consciousness and being able to love. And want love means in real sense.
Basmah Al-Halees
I love this book , so many great information
Suzanne
Mar 23, 2012 rated it really liked it

Written in '93 and still relevant today, Dr Chopra opens the mind to view our bodies and our relationship to the universe in a wholly different way than most of us have been taught for our entire lives. Being a doctor and scientist, he backs his revelations with quantum physics and scientific theory. He includes simple exercises to help each of us reach our best health and full potential in this lifetime. I consider this a primer for a long, happy and healthy life.
Jacob
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book is great. I learned that you can basically live for ever because the cells in your body regenerate. After 7 years all of the cells in your body are brand new, even your bones and teeth. So take care of yourself and live a long and happy life-
Thomas
Aug 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Chopra expounds on quantum physics and how it is believed to influence aging. One thought-provoking idea: part of the reason we age as we do is because we are watching others age. Expectations of what age brings helps in fact to manifest those very things.
Laurianne Macdonald
Jan 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
A must for anyone who knows there is more to it but hasn't quite figured it all out yet.
Carrie
Jul 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good book. Reminds us to slow down, eat real food, and remember our thoughts can be powerful. Positive thoughts are keys to happiness and longevity.
Freya Magnusson
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: health-read
The theory that you can live forever...if you want to...okay....
Rasika Mahabal
Oct 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
love his books... always!
Sue
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: health
This seemed to be far more mystical and complex than it needed to be. If the author is trying to appeal to the average reader, interested in improving their health, then he would need to cut out the unnecessarily convoluted language. He refers to quantum physics time and again. I'm not sure why really since the advice he gives, once you have ferreted out its meaning from the hyperbole, is fairly standard fare.

To pick a paragraph at random:
"Awareness has the power to change ageing, but awareness
Valentina
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book to understand the difference between accepting to grow older and staying youthful in the mind, heart, and spirit using certain practices for living a longer healthier life.
Dr. Chopra says that our life is made of million cells, they born, die, and regenerate our human body according to our own positive or negative thoughts which in turn can make these cells either sick or healthy, keeping us younger or aging. Basically, our emotions have an effect on our physical bodies.
Dr
Charlotte
When I was reading Brotherhood written by Deepak and his brother, I remembered that I had purchased this book several years ago. I found it in my bookcase patiently waiting to be read.
Parts of the book were difficult to read; I just couldn't understand what the author was trying to convey. Then I would find long sections that were easy to understand, but I sometimes questioned the author's reasoning.
Since the copyright date is 1993, no doubt some of the material is no longer correct. By the
Chelsea Lawson
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting book, especially after reading Being Mortal but Atul Gawande. Both books raise evidence and theories about how aging and death are heavily influenced by our mental state, but his book speculates a bit more on why and to what extent.

This book also delves into the physical, arguing that our bodies do not actually age in a linear fashion and that often times it's just a self-fulfilling prophecy. I.e. You expect to not be able to do the same exercise, so you stop, and then you actually c
E. Trejo
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a short book but I think is worth to read since it is a good reminder about the immense power of our mind. We can control our body, we can heal it and even decide when to age by just thinking about it. I recommend everyone to read this book with an open mind and the most important thing is to believe. If you don’t believe in something, no matter how many books you read, you are already setting yourself to fail since you are not believing. First you believe, then you see; not the opposite ...more
Lauren Lloyd
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was addictive to me. Fascinating to the point that I couldn't put it down. Chopra knits Western and Eastern medicine and thought together so succinctly. He proves the power of the human mind in a very logical and easy to understand way. Spirit and Science are one and the same. My goal since reading this book is to live to the ripe age of 108. Wish me luck on that endeavor and go read this book for yourself.
John Scargall
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really cool book. At the quantum level, nothing really dies or ages. Deepak tells a story of miners who thought that 1 week had gone by without food, but really two weeks had gone by. The head miner told them one day for every two days. The head miner died and the others lived. This shows the power of belief on what happens to us.
Anthony D’Apolito III
An interesting read in which Deepak Chopra continues to open up my mind to new perceptions of this existence.

I enjoyed learning about anti-aging, the neurology of the brain, best practices for great Pranayama and balancing Vata.

The human being conforms to society to easily. Deepak’s book allows one to disconnect from that in order to form a new reality - the true reality.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
http://lumalifteye.com/levira-ageless-facial-serum/ 1 1 Jul 27, 2017 01:40AM
Ayurveda and Ayurvedic treatments 1 7 Feb 26, 2013 10:36PM

• The Seat of the Soul
  • Sacred Contracts: Awakening Your Divine Potential
  • Heal Your Body: The Mental Causes for Physical Illness and the Metaphysical Way to Overcome Them
  • Hands of Light: A Guide to Healing Through the Human Energy Field
  • What the Bleep Do We Know!?: Discovering the Endless Possibilities for Altering Your Everyday Reality
  • Conversations With God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 3
  • Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing
  • Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom: Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing
  • One Day My Soul Just Opened Up: 40 Days and 40 Nights Toward Spiritual Strength and Personal Growth
  • Spontaneous Healing
  • Inspiration: Your Ultimate Calling
  • Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao
  • Power vs. Force
  • The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
Deepak Chopra, MD serves as the Founder and Chairman of The Chopra Foundation, and Co-Founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing.

As a global leader and pioneer in the field of mind-body medicine, Chopra transforms the way the world views physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social wellness. Known as a prolific author of eighty books books with twenty-two New York Times best sellers in both

News & Interviews

“Perception appears to be automatic, but in fact it is a learned phenomenon. The world you live in, including the experience of your body, is completely dictated by how you learned to perceive it. If you change your perception, you change the experience of your body and your world.” 2 likes
“Have you also learned that secret for the river; that there is no such thing as time?” A bright smile spread over Vasudeva’s face. “Yes, Siddhartha. Is this what you mean? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains, everywhere, and that the present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past, nor the shadow of the future?” “That is it,” said Siddhartha, “and when I learned that, I reviewed my life and it was also a river, and Siddhartha the boy, Siddhartha the mature man and Siddhartha the old man, were only separated by shadows, not through reality.” He spoke with delight, but Vasudeva just smiled radiantly at him and nodded his agreement.” 2 likes