Start by marking “Girls from Da Hood” as Want to Read:
Girls from Da Hood

Girls from Da Hood (Girls from Da Hood #1)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  1,046 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Nikki Turner, the Princess of Hip Hop Fiction, took readers by storm with her #1 bestselling debut novel, A Hustler's Wife, then took them to new heights with her sophomore novel, A Project Chick. Now, with the help of her home girl, Chunichi, and right hand man Roy Glenn, she's about to take street fiction to a place it's never been before, as they introduce Unique, Nina, ...more
Published October 1st 2004 by Urban Books

I am speechless about these hos tryin to hustle up baby mama sizzurp coochie super fly pimpin on the streets
Jun 19, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The last short story was the best, the others were mediocre for me but nonetheless interesting.
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An insight into the crazy live of one of the hoods baddest female hustler. The story of fiction “Girls from Da Hood” was written by Nikki Turner, Chunichi, and Roy Glenn.
The setting of the short story written by NIkki Turner was Richmond, the streets and the ghettos where people were hitting licks to pay off the bills and debt, and where others were addicted to drugs trying to find their way to their next fix. The main characters of the story are Unique and her boyfriend Took. Took was one of th
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is an experience, but one worth undertaking for sheer humor. It is iconic in its cheesiness and I do not regret the less-than-half a day I spent reading it.
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read. I was under the impression this was one story instead of 3 in one book.
Girls From Da Hood

I give this book 3 1/2 stars. It's a step up from okay (3 stars) but not quite I like it material (4 stars). Don't know what I was expecting, but maybe something a little more based on their previous work.

Nikki Turner - Unique is the stereotypical drug dealer's girlfriend. All she does is shop and spend his money. When her boyfriend Took has to do a bid, Unique is up the creek without a paddle. Does she get a job and try to better herself? No, of course not! It's on to the next
Redd Monroe
This book in my opinion was pretty good . I gave it 3 stars because it was kind of remedial to me ..
Unique was a little hoodrat who went around fuckingg multiple men to make ends meet after her dude got locked up .
Nina: She was accompanied by her drug dealing high school love who ended up getting locked up after killing a cop . So he convinces her to sell drugs and she thinks she has the right people around her but she ends up learning differently , she decided to fuck with other men emotions &a
Lesa Divine
Jun 18, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-it, i-own
rochelle pettrie
Loved it, Unique was a hot ass mess who went way too far with her shit for the sake of the dollar and I'm home she thought she got Brittany, she needed up getting got, Nina has to make some decisions and she will probably have to suffer consequences for them too, Anyeh may have bit off more than she can chew, while her intentions was to bring Diablo down but never intended to fall for him at the same time, All three authors did a good job
Oct 10, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this book about a week ago. This is a book containing 4 stories of woman on their hustles. I thought this was very entertaining. One in perticular I found a bit disturbing but entertaining none the less.
Iysha Owens
Jun 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is sooooo good it made me relaize that this stuff gos around in the world like this. This book is about these three girls who had a diffuclt life some was on the steert being a *** it was just horrible but this was so good you should read this.
AuBryn Thompson
Sep 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was very interesting. It gave explict details about two girls that lived in the hood. I would recommend this book to everyone who is interested in books that give stories that happen in "the hood".
Mar 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
♥ This Book Is Extremely a Great Read! ♥ Loved Every Story, Except The 2nd One, I Would Hand 2.5 Stars to That One ♥
Oct 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i love this book its had alot to do wit women who have men n think dat they need them den find owt da dnt
Chrisma Mcclain
Feb 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good reag
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eva Leger
Loved it but then I love anything that Nikki Turner is involved with.
Sheena  at Hot Eats and Cool Reads
I loved the first story, but the second and third were just ok for me. Overall still a decent read!
Jul 24, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would love to read this

Aug 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
was my shit
Apr 15, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
not my type of book. but I wanted to see whts up. its just a couple of short stories.
its a very interesting book talking about young girls going threw the obstacles in everyday life
Oct 04, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i learned da life is not easy n dat yu dont NEED a man to support yu.
Jul 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
iLthiss BOOK !., shee hass TALENT !
Apr 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book was so good couldn't finish it quick enough to gt to 2 very good read!!!
Tahasti Hopper
the first story was good but i just started the 2nd one, i love books like this that are made up of short stories, you cant get bored with the characters.
Evin Ellington
First story was cool, next one, started to loose me. After that, I stopped reading it.
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite story in this book is and always will be Anyeh.
This story line is the well written and keeps the reader hook. the author did his research
it was a good book...this is how females really think...itz krazy how life goes!!!
  • Death Before Dishonor
  • Girls From Da Hood 5
  • Around the Way Girls 2
  • Girls From Da Hood 4
  • Girls From Da Hood 3
  • The Return of a Gangsters Girl
  • Dime Piece
  • Sleeping with the Enemy
  • Still Sheisty (Sheisty series, #2)
  • Wifey 4 Life (Wifey, #5)
  • Hoodlum
  • Pitbulls In A Skirt
  • Amongst Thieves
  • Chyna Black
After Nikki Turner read The Coldest Winter Ever by Sistah Souljah she was dismayed that there weren't other books like it. "I wanted to write the kinds of books I wanted to read," said the bestselling author, whose 2002 debut novel, A Hustler's Wife, would go on to sell more than a few 100,000 copies.
While Nikki Turner's first two novels were published by a small publishing house in the Midwest, i
More about Nikki Turner...

Girls from Da Hood (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Girls from Da Hood 2

• Finding Rebecca
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Baker's Daughter
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Vanessa and Her Sister
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The King's Mistress
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Sun (The Northern Lights Series, No 3)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Cement Garden (Ian McEwan Series Book 2)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Book of Love: Poems of Ecstasy and Longing
    $8.24 $1.99
  • Under the Wide and Starry Sky
  • Illuminations: A Novel of Hildegard von Bingen
    $14.95 $1.99
  • The Cove
    $7.49 $1.99
  • The Secret Healer (The Secret Healer #1)
    $3.49 $0.99