Start by marking “The Outlaw's Lady” as Want to Read:
The Outlaw's Lady

The Outlaw's Lady

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  83 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Rebellious rancher's daughter Tess Hennessy seeks adventure--and that's what she gets when she's abducted to chronicle the Delgado gang's exploits! Yet her kidnapper, gang member Sandoval Parrish, isn't what she expected. There's more to the mysterious outlaw than he shows--signs of gentleness and devotion that soften Tess's heart.
Sandoval has one goal: retribution for th
Published August 1st 2009 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Outlaw's Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Outlaw's Lady

Arminzerella
Judy
Jan 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tess has taken over her Uncle's business of photography. It is uncommon for a woman to be doing this type of work during this time period.

Sandoval Parrish needs to kidnap Tess so she can take pictures of Diego Delgado, the outlaw. Sandoval is a Ranger undercover as an outlaw.

Once he sees that Diego is interested in Tess though he has concerns about her well being. He does want Diego stopped and for more then one reason. Diego had seduced his sister and he believed that she was now dead. He wante
Zette
Mar 07, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, original storyline to be kidnapped to take pictures of a notorious bandit. I enjoyed the story but felt a few things could have been improved upon. I felt that Tess believed Sandoval a little too quickly when he revealed who he really was. If someone had kidnapped me, I think I would have been a bit more skeptical about believing anything they told me in the future until some trust could be built in the relationship. Also, the romance was a bit dry and rushed.
Margaret Metz
I liked this book it just didn't blow me away. Everything was good, but not great. It was an interesting story, but you could predict where the story was headed. I was bothered by her instant trust of someone who kidnapped her. It didn't seem believable. I think the fact that there weren't any surprises and that it stretched realism made my rating lower than it would normally be. The writing and characters were good and there was lots of action.
MariaFernanda
Oct 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Only 1 negative thing: Maybe it was just me, but all the details on how photographs were made and taken rather bored me and I found them unnecessary.

Otherwise, it was a great book. The main guy was incredible and his character was really intriguing and funny. I also really liked the plot. It was creative, unique, and full of unexpected twists. The historical aspect of it was also really well-researched and extremely realistic. I loved it!
Allison Hartman
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story line!! I loved this book. Action packed with some love blossoming in the most unusal circumstances! I loved the characters and you really got to know them...even the 'bad guys'. Great read Laurie, I will definitely be reading more of your books!!!! Again...Omg I can't believe I never knew you were an author, Laurie...so happy I found this out!!!!
Lisa
Dec 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy her writing style!
Candace
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't keep my attention. Just the same ol' same ol' Christian love story.
Carolyn
MaryE Stifflemire
Aug 23, 2009
IrenesBookReviews
Oct 20, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a easy to read western Christian romance. The romance was well written and believable.
Ashly
Apr 19, 2010
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 19, 2015 10:13AM
1934565
Laurie Kingery is a central Ohio author and veteran E.R. RN who wrote 16 historical romances as Laurie Grant and now writes inspirational historicals for Steeple Hill. She won the Reader's Choice for short historicals in 1994. Her website is http://www.lauriekingery.com. Country Christmas was her first inspirational historical in Oct. '08; her next release from Steeple Hill was The Outlaw's Lady i ...more
More about Laurie Kingery...