Start by marking “Lovestruck” as Want to Read:
Lovestruck

Lovestruck

(Lovestruck #1)

CEO hotel mogul Barbara Jennings has three months to decide whether to close her Manhattan hotel or cut costs by firing some of her employees. She meets her much-younger employee, Jennifer Caffey and is instantly smitten. Now Barbara has another mission, and that is to seduce the innocent Jenny.

Jenny is also attracted to the powerful and beautiful Barbara, but has never re
Published May 31st 2010

To ask other readers questions about Lovestruck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lovestruck

Joc
Dec 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice easy read with the rating hovering somewhere between three and four stars. Jenny first meets Barbara when she spills her coffee on her briefcase in Starbucks. A couple of weeks later Barbara, the CEO of the St Jennings hotel, finds Jenny, employee of the hotel, crying in the bathroom.

The characters had much more promise than they delivered on. They lacked depth and motivation. The story was fairly sexy but the flatness of Jenny and Barbara reduced the chemistry they could have had.

Good for
Mandi Schreiner
Apr 10, 2010 rated it liked it
Why I read: KT Grant, aka Katiebabs, is a friend and I definitely said yes when she asked me to read her debut book.

Favorite Quote: “Oh Jennifer. You undo me.” Barbara whispered against her mouth and then dipped her head to suck on her neck.”

Jenny works at the St. Jennings Hotel in New York City, a prestigious, world wide chain. Although her boss, Jeffrey, gives her lowly assignments and is usually the butt of many jokes Jenny tells her friends behind closed doors, Jenny loves the hotel and it
LVLMLeah
Jun 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Lovestruck is one of those cute, fresh, contemporary love stories that was nicely written and a lot of fun to read.

This is the first novel of from this author, and I commend her on starting out with a genre that’s not exactly leading in the must read charts. She did a great job, not only in her writing style but in capturing sweet romance in all of its elements.

Barbara and Jenny are two characters who really stand out and are very much their own person. What I liked especially was that the dynam
Smokinhotbooks K.C.
Jun 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic
Read Full Review Here
Barbara cut off her words with a kiss, pressing her lips gently but insistently against Jennifer’s mouth. Jennifer sat there in stunned silence. When she didn’t respond, Barbara raised her head. She held Jennifer’s face in a tight grip and moaned. She wanted to feel Jennifer’s tongue against her own.

“Jennifer, please le me in. Let me make you feel good.”

“Yes please.” She whispered, ever so polity. She touched her tongue against Barbara’s.

“Oh Jennifer. You undo me.” Barbara w
Julie
Jun 27, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
I was really happy (and honored) when KT Grant asked me to read her debut novel. There were many reasons why I was excited to read it. For one thing, I’ve been following KT’s blog for quite some time – it’s one of my favorites. On top of that, the buzz surrounding this book has been hard to miss.

I downloaded “Lovestruck” onto my shiny new eReader, totally stoked. I settled into my recliner with it…and then my Kobo died. *stands up, punches fists in the air, jumps up and down like a two year old*
Liza
Apr 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Tam
Jul 17, 2010 rated it it was ok
Why are there two women on that cover you ask? Is it a generic cover? Nope, two women and I read it. Jenny is a 25 year old business student who works part-time at a very upscale hotel. One day the hotel mogul shows up to interview the staff. Barbara is struck by Jenny (who she literally ran into a while ago at Starbucks) and is determined to get her into bed despite the fact that Jenny is 10 years younger and an employee. They finally hook-up and things are going along not bad until Jenny finds ...more
LynnMarie
Aug 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Angelique’s Review

I will admit to having doubts about whether or not to review this book since contemporary is not one of my favorite romance sub-genres, but I was very pleasantly surprised by “Lovestruck.” This novella was passionate, aggravating, inspiring, and sexy – all at the same time.

The characters Jenny and Barbara are very much opposites. The women end up fitting together well after they get rid of some of their personal baggage. I really liked how they went full circle with the Starbu
Kristina
Aug 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
I have to say that I really enjoyed this fast-paced F/F romance!

KT Grant's writing is smooth and flows well. (even though I have to admit that sometimes it seemed all odds were against the characters) She created a fun and sometimes serious story of two women from different walks of life. I often found myself rooting for them.

I'll say that this author can also write some extremely steamy "scenes." *ahem* (In keeping the site pg I'll leave it at that) I've seen this book being called erotic but m
M A
I read this book last year. I found the main characters sympathetic and engaging with great chemistry. I had a great sense of who each woman was and what she wanted and needed that made Jennifer and Barbara a compatible couple. Grant also did a lovely job with secondary characters, mainly Jennifer's co-workers at the hotel Barbara owns.

As much as I enjoyed the love story component, the novel overall was a "miss" for me in the sense I felt the primary conflict and challenges in the book were not
Anna
Jun 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
Jenny and Barbara are total opposites, but they do have similarities. While both are insecure about certain things, they are also independent women. But there is that one thing missing for both of them. Love, a companion, someone they can share their life with.

This story was fun to read. I'm definitely out of my comfort zone genre wise. Contemporary Romance or Female/Female isn't usually something I read but with this one, I ended up enjoying the story. Lovestuck is fun, intense and steamy. I li
Bells
Jun 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
I thought I would take that chance and read something entirely different than what I am used to. A f/f book. I have to say, it was just as romantic and erotic as a traditional m/f. Maybe a little more because it was something I wasn't used to reading. You could really feel the attraction between the two main characters in the book. That attraction led to some very hot scenes between the two of them. I also felt like the story truly flowed and that made it an easy read. I feel that KT Grant did a ...more
Miranda
A good light read for someone curious about f/f romance.

Visit me at Sweet Vernal Zephyr for my extended review and some eye candy too. :D
Tara
I wasn't sure I was going to like this one and then I realized it's a lot like a Harlequin Presents, but with two women, and then I had a lot of fun with it.
Elaine86
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Done! Nicely written.
Wicked Lil Pixie (Natasha)
Jun 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2018
Angie Mroczka
Feb 15, 2011
Jenny
rated it did not like it
Apr 20, 2013
Katja
Oct 08, 2016
Lyrical
Apr 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
KT Grant is a self-proclaimed eccentric redhead who not only loves to read a wide variety of romances, but also loves writing it. A proud native of New Jersey, KT is multi-published and writes Gay, Lesbian and Straight romance. KT also has been a top ten best-selling author at Amazon.

Lovestruck (3 books)
  • Burning For You (Lovestruck #2)
  • If You Only Knew (Lovestruck #3)