Start by marking “Pegasus in Space (The Talents, #3)” as Want to Read:
Pegasus in Space (The Talents, #3)

Pegasus in Space

(The Talent #3)

In a triumphant career spanning more than thirty years, Anne McCaffrey has won the acclaim of critics, the devotion of millions of fans, and awards too numerous to mention. Her bestselling Dragonriders of Pern® series is counted among the masterpieces of modern science fiction, a work whose popularity continues to grow as new generations of readers discover the literary ...more
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 387 pages
Published May 31st 2000 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Pegasus in Space, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pegasus in Space

Start your review of Pegasus in Space (The Talents, #3)
wychwood
Apr 20, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, suck-fairy, sff
To Ride Pegasus, Damia, The Rowan, Pegasus in Flight, and Pegasus in Space, Anne McCaffrey - I was lending a couple of these to a friend, and was struck by the urge to re-read them first. They have, as I'd expected, been visited by the Suck Fairy, but not as badly as some of her others; I still quite enjoyed them, despite everything. The series was written over quite a period of time; To Ride Pegasus was published in 1973, which is some level of excuse for the massive gender essentialism, ...more
Karen’s Library
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another incredible feel good reread for me. This third book in the series is my favorite as it explains the origins of everything in the next series which starts with The Rowan.

This book also captures much of what I love about sci-fi as it's mostly set on a space station orbiting around Earth.

I'm loving my rereads of Anne McCaffrey and am continuing on with The Rowan.
Joan
Dec 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: McCaffrey fans
Yune
Oct 04, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
Re-read. Lackluster sequel to To Ride Pegasus and Pegasus in Flight. Returns to the characters in the latter, and I feel like that's the book's main function: connect Peter Reidinger with future Primes and the Center for Parapsychic Talent with FT&T. This is a very straight, boring, and somewhat incomplete line between two interesting dots.

Scenes jump around jerkily: an event like a long-foretold marriage gets a couple of disconnected paragraphs, while kids are born and grow years between
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I enjoyed this book greatly. I love the whole world of the FT&T. There is something about the way Ms. McCaffrey writes which makes me yearn to be in her worlds. I must have read this book over 50 times. We get to meet the young Peter Reidinger. I great book for young adults without the crass teen angsty drama.
Greyling54
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
dnf this time, but I've read and enjoyed it before. I'll get back to it eventually.
Marcia
Jan 24, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sciencefiction
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
Padrugoi Space Station is complete and now attention has been turned to building Moon Base and Mars Base. Little do Peter Reidinger and Johnny Greene know they will be instrumental in making that happen at a much faster pace than anticipated.

In the meantime, an orphaned five-year-old girl named Amariyah, is found after the floods in Bangladesh. When its discovered she has a lot of as-yet-unknown Talent she is brought back to the Center and raised by Dorotea. There are sinister machinations
S White
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This stands the test of time.

I have read this book more times than I can count.
It is the perfect distraction from the harsh realities of the "real world".
If you haven't already read it read it.
Lindig
Sep 17, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf
Meh. It's like comfort food -- perfectly edible but not exciting.
Bridget
Jan 21, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-fiction, sci-fi
This book is called PEGASUS IN SPACE. !!! Clearly, I need to read it immediately.
Douglas Milewski
Pegasus in Space (2001) by Anne McCaffrey feels like one of those superfluous books that didn't need to get written, and only got written to milk an existing property. This book in particular links together her Talents series with the future Damia books, in a story which didn't need to get written, which shines no light onto history, nor provides any additional insights into the world.

I found the work astonishingly dull.

As usual, the heroes of McCaffrey's world are competent to a fault, everyone
Kessily Lewel
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pegasus in Space is the last of the Saga of the Talents series and is the last book before the next series starts with the Rowen. The main focus on the book is a character from the last book Peter Reidinger. He is the bridge to the next series and his explorations and experiments open up a lot of what we see in the future.

You'll see hints about how they are able to 'port vast ships from place to place, basically opening the universe to mankind and relieving a serious population problem on
Nightwitch
Such a disappointment. As other readers have written, wildly disjointed, and we get mere glimpses of the non-Peter Reidinger characters met in the earlier books. The various plotlines are zoomed through hastily, and the introduction of a new Talent appears to be done solely to (view spoiler) ...more
Amanda Evans
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the classics and they don't get much more classic than Anne McCaffrey.

Her works are always something else. Strange in the way that they don't have one major conflict but actually a lot of little ones that are not little at all. You almost forget what the start was by the time you get to the end there have been so many individual situations.

The Pegasus series starts out with a boy that gets paralyzed by a wall and by the end of the series that boy has made history.

Some of it is a really
Debra Meyer
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got access to this audiobook this weekend and although I did want to get the rest of them I wasn't able to so listened to it anyways. The narrator has some extra stunts to represent the mindspeaking to each other, the intercom etc and it about drove me batty but it was to a fair degree understandable but just barely as there was a couple of times I wasn't sure what was said. Anne McCaffrey is one of my ultimate favourite writers and I was not let down in the slightest even with the displeasing ...more
Janet
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book in a box that I packed 20 years ago. I had packed it without reading it preparing for a move. What a wonderful find.
Anne McCaffrey was always a favorite of my youth.
I devoured the Pern books in a series of reading-through-the-night sessions. This book in the Pegasus series is strong SF. I am filled with admiration for Ms McCaffrey again. She knew how to tell a story and her explanation of the science of parapsychic Talents actually made sense to me.
The characters were richly
Searcy
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
One of my all-time favorite series. I've loved Anne McCaffrey since her Dragonriders of Pern days, and I also adore anything ESP/extrasensory-related. And its not always easy finding books in that subgenre! While I think McCaffrey did a better job with the Tower and Hive series, to which this is the prequel series, I still completely enjoyed this one. It is a complex and fascinating alternate Earth she has created. Well well worth a read!

(will transfer this over to book 1 when I get it added)
Peter Curd
This book was always a link to the Tower and the Hive series and it feels constrained by that. It's a reasonable story though and wraps up the character arcs fairly nicely. I am glad I went back and read this but I don't think my understanding of the Tower and the Hive was suffering from not having read the prequels.
Darryl
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just read Pegasus in Flight, and this is a wonderful sequel! It flows as though this was the next book McCaffrey wrote, instead of coming back to the story 10 years later! Learning about the origins of the Talents was so rewarding. I would love for McCaffrey to write more adventures with Peter Remlinger..
Shannon
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun re-read as well and perfectly timed as I had ordered the Rowan over Christmas (because my copies of these books went on walk-about some move or another), but the first order was lost. Re-order arrived today!

Anyway, its a pretty fun read, especially when the events take place only 60 years in the future. Weve got a long way to go!
Veronica
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
All the flaws of the prior Talents books, but without the softening light of nostalgia on my end. Plus some gross ableist tropes surrounding Peter toward the end. Its a quick, exciting read, but I didnt enjoy it enough to overlook some of the things Im willing to look past in Pegasus in Flight. ...more
Hilary
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf

Finally reading the Talents and Tower series back to back, in chronological order, and it's made it much more enjoyable! Here we're following Peter Reidinger (I) and the others as humans and Talents start to expand their working environment.
Sam
Great ending to the trilogy! The scientific use of psyionics to further humanity's interstellar expansion was fascinating. As always, McCaffreys cast of characters were likable with well developed storylines. I also liked the unseemly underside of anti-psychic behavior woven into the story.
Rouan
May 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had read this several years ago and decided to read it again. It was okay; I felt the ending was a bit rushed.
Steven Schwendiman
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read

This story always reminds me to reach for the stars. It also reminds me that anything is possible even if it's only going to a new world in your reading
Diana
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just the usual McCaffrey, real people with extraordinary capabilities, a few despicable villains, and a backdrop of the imagined future. A great read, a great escape.
Jay R. Staab
I've read this book several times. It's that good.
Fred Nachbrunn
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What could yet be

What science fiction is meant to be.
The story of the effect of how technology affect people.
How technology affect society.
Destiny Triplett
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good read

A wonderful take on humanity. Always great characters I care about. I wish the scenario in these was closer to our world.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Dragonsblood (Pern, #18)
  • Seasons (Tales of Valdemar, #13)
  • The Ship Avenged
  • Eye Spy (Valdemar: Family Spies, #2)
  • Closer to the Heart (The Herald Spy, #2)
  • Blue Adept  (Apprentice Adept #2)
  • Closer to Home (The Herald Spy, #1)
  • Foundation (Valdemar: Collegium Chronicles, #1)
  • Bastion (Valdemar: Collegium Chronicles, #5)
  • Redoubt (Valdemar: Collegium Chronicles, #4)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • The Sleeping Beauty (Five Hundred Kingdoms, #5)
  • The two Christmas Gifts
  • A River in the Sky (Amelia Peabody, #19)
  • The Miss Seeton Series: Books 1-3 (A Miss Seeton Mystery)
  • The Hills Have Spies (Valdemar: Family Spies #1, Valdemar #43)
  • The Hippopotamus Pool (Amelia Peabody, #8)
  • Dead Heat
Anne McCaffrey was born on April 1st, 1926, in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Anne was educated at Stuart Hall in Staunton Virginia, Montclair High

The Talent (3 books)
  • To Ride Pegasus (The Talent, #1)
  • Pegasus in Flight (The Talent, #2)