Start by marking “Air Show!” as Want to Read:
Air Show!

Air Show!

Ellie and Gill are going to the Air Show! There will be over 10,000 planes there. But there's one kind of plane in particular that Ellie's got her eye on. Will she go up in a stunt plane?

Beloved motion picture and television actor Treat Williams and acclaimed picture book creator Robert Neubecker team up to give kids a tour of the air show. Loaded with color and action and
Published June 15th 2010 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Air Show!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Air Show!

Start your review of Air Show!
Brenda
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fun book about planes. Especially when some of our Grands live right near Oshkosh WI where there is a huge airshow for two weeks every July.
J. Boo
Sep 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-to-kids
Illustrations are nice, text is disjoint and rather dull (*). Flips between the ultra-detailed (we go through a pre-flight checklist, sans any explanations) and a vague "planes are nice" level. A child young enough to be interested in this book wouldn't understand the hard parts, and even an adult has to have a reasonable degree of familiarity with aviation in order to explain what's going on.

DS #1 (age 5) enjoyed the book reasonably well, but to be honest he'd enjoy just about anything with pl
The Library Lady
Nov 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This is not aimed at a toddler--the story is not exactly "zoom--here comes the airplane".There is lots of technical explanations and the language is too complicated for a small child. Clearly, while actor Treat Williams knows his airplanes, he is not much of a storyteller, but early elementary school kids will appreciate all the detailed information about planes that's given here.

And the artwork makes up for any problems with the text. Robert Neubecker's pictures are full of marvelous details--k
Ina
Sep 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime-reads
This oversized book is filled with bright, busy pictures of airplanes - including a stunt plane that future pilot, Ellie, enjoys. Although I worried that all the jargon in this book - the characters go through a pre-flight check with workds like "avionics" and "directional gyro" - would be beyond most 2 year olds, they really enjoyed this book. There are large colorful pictures, which help and lots of planes to count (which we did). Using a funny "radio" voice helped too, I suppose. Ellie's ride ...more
Lara
Pretty cool book about flying--definitely more technical than most picture books on the subject, so good for slightly older kids. At times the order in which the dialogue should be read is a little confusing, and I found the ending a little abrupt, but over all a nice, over-sized book for young, would-be aviators.
Boni
Jun 09, 2010 rated it liked it
I loved the concept and size/design/illustration of this book, but the storyline was a bit weak, and while a lot of technical information was included (which is usually great), it wasn't explained as well as it could have been. I bet little boys will love this book, but it will leave them with a lot of questions the reader (i.e. adult) might not be able to answer.
Melanie
Ellie is super excited because she has a change to go to the air show with her dad and brother. Ellie wants to be a pilot someday so this is a great chance to see all of the different planes. And what planes there are!
Gianina
I thought it would be a fun reminder of the fun experience we had at an airshow. It illustrated lots of different planes but the actual writing was blah not very engaging... maybe we would try this again when my little is older but I think I could probably find a better one with the same premis.
Readergirl77
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nathans-shelf
Nathan loved this book. Daddy helped him pick it out at the library and we read it not too long after Nathan visited the U.S.S. Lexington with Daddy and Grandpa Steve. He was talking about all of the planes.
Jim
Jun 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: airplanes
well drawn, might be a fun read aloud.
there is an extra star because the artist dedicates it to my favorite loser. just wish he'd drawn a storm.

i showed this to a friend that works at an aircraft museum tonight, "I almost wish I had kids to share this with" was his comment.
Shazzer
Jun 14, 2010 rated it it was ok
Too heavy on the technical language, too light on fun and story. The illustration style was dull and unmemorable.
Powers Family
Aug 01, 2011 rated it liked it
My boys enjoyed looking at all the different planes. The pilot language is fun.
Peter Heinrich
Jan 16, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens, read-aloud
From a pilot's point of view, probably not especially technical, but the jargon is meaningless to a five-year-old. Props [sic] for the big fold-out page of colorful planes, though.
Amanda
Dec 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love this book.
Sarah W
Mar 04, 2012 rated it liked it
This would be a great one to promote when it is time for the EAA in Wisconsin.
Loren
Jun 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Neubecker and this is one of his best! I love the endflap illustrations ... just like a real cockpit of a plane. Awesome!
Edward Sullivan
Sep 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Lively story and awesome illustrations.
Julia
Apr 30, 2015
Dallas Forgy
Aug 13, 2014
Tracie
Boring text, fun illustrations that will appeal to plane enthusiasts.
Dec 27, 2014
Bree
Apr 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Notes:
poorly written
fantastic illustrations
used as a look-and-learn book not a read-aloud
Jess
Dec 17, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Dance
  • Diary of a Spider
  • The Pigeon Needs a Bath!
  • Can I Play Too? (Elephant & Piggie, #12)
  • Let's Go for a Drive! (Elephant & Piggie, #18)
  • Diary of a Worm
  • Diary of a Fly
  • Beach Bugs
  • Hello Ninja
  • Tacky and the Winter Games
  • The Ugly Duckling
  • The Gruffalo
  • Five-Minute Peppa Stories (Peppa Pig)
  • Disney Tangled