Start by marking “Flutter (My Blood Approves, #3)” as Want to Read:
Flutter (My Blood Approves, #3)

Read eBook

Flutter

(My Blood Approves #3)

Flutter - the third book in the My Blood Approves series...

Being undead doesn't make life any easier for Alice Bonham.

Her younger brother's love life is heating up, while hers is... more complicated. Mae is falling apart, her best friend Jane is addicted to vampire bites, and if Alice doesn't get her bloodlust under control, someone will end up dead.

Alice volunteers for a
Published May 29th 2010 by Lulu (first published May 25th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Flutter, please sign up.

Start your review of Flutter (My Blood Approves, #3)
Kim
Jun 23, 2010 rated it it was ok
I'll be honest and tell you that I pretty much skimmed through the last 15% of the book because I got bored.

So, Alice is still being her fabulous self. At first she and Ezra are going after Peter who is on a suicide mission. First he refuses to come home with them, but after two and a half words from Alice, he changes his mind. Her bond with Peter is gone, but that' doesn't stop her from kissing him for god knows what reason. Later in the book, Peter throws this in Jack's face and Jack leaves. 3
Janessa
Sep 24, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who need kindling for a fire
Courtney Wells
Next on "drama-rama"...

I have such a mixed opinion on this series. On one hand I think the vampires here are an interesting concept. I like the humor and lack of supernatural angst, making it kinda laid back there.

Problem is, though, the plot and drama is pretty much split between insatiable bloodlust, petty relationship issues, and extremely poor judgment creating unnecessary problems.

So, it's funny and frustrating I guess...I dunno. I'll give it three stars and leave it there.
Isamlq
Oct 12, 2010 rated it it was ok
Amanda Hocking's Flutter has a lot of “biting inside one’s cheek,” “tucking one’s hair behind one’s ear” and “coming with.” Believe me, I counted.

Now that Alice has turned, you’d expect things to go better for her: better looks, fewer pounds… a smoother love life. Yes, to the the first two; she shot up two inches in a matter of days, her complexion improved, and over all, she became hotter. Her love life, however, lives a lot desired. Despite being turned by jack, her body/blood still calls to
Shelley
*Rating* 2.0
*Genre* YA Paranormal/Romance/One of the worse female YA heroines ever.

*Review*

You would figure that after my sterling review of Fate, (yes that is sarcasm by the way) I would have realized that this series could only get worse. I don't usually pay attention to reviews, but in this case, I should have. I must have some serious issues with torturing myself with bad editing and verbages throughout the book that make absolutely no sense. How did I actually end up finishing the story you
Starry
Feb 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Flutter has a lot more action and less all around depression. Alice is now a vampire, and she and Jack are a couple. Shortly after the book opens, Alice and Ezra go try to save Peter from a suicide mission. Peter returns home with them and the love triangle is still a big issue. Milo has a human love intrest, and I was glad that he finally got over Jack. Mae really got on my nerves in this one, but I can definitly see why she does the things she does. I just don't like it.

This third book
Hannah-Linn
Jul 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Ok, so I'm just going to start by saying that I have this problem. My problem is that when I start a series or trilogy or just a book with a sequel, I won't write my review until I'm like finished, because I just cannot stop reading for the like of me. I read all four of the my blood approves books in three days because I just didn't want to stop, so I've kind of been procrastinating with writing this review....

So to start, I think that these books were REALLY good. I mean there were like those
Jj
Feb 16, 2011 rated it it was ok
Well, the author does it again and I just have come to really not like Alice. She is a stupid finicky little girl who one minute is going to love ____ 4-ever, but wait a minute, now she is not over _____, oh, but hold on again now she loves _____. UUGGH!!!! Fine, I get it, it is the formula that works for books, keep the reader guessing, on the egde of their seat, reading on to see who ends up HEA. BUT I dont think the author does a very good job transistioning between the love interests, it ...more
Reese
Nov 04, 2011 rated it it was ok
I have mixed feelings about these books. I believe that I may just be out growing YA novels. This series is interesting because although I get provoked into annoyance with the heroine, there is something the author has done with the story to have me groan, but keep reading on to at least finish what I have started.
Hocking has amazing potential as an author, but I believe that more education would be beneficial to broaden her vocabulary. She has very witty phraseology, but if I must endure
Carie
Jul 03, 2010 rated it it was ok
I felt rather disconnected from most of this story. The writing was kind of disjointed and choppy and had a very detached feel. The story seemed rather anecdotal at first and didn’t really come together very cleanly. I’m having trouble feeling a real connection to some of these characters, too (e.g. Mae). The characters flip all over the place—-their behaviors don’t seem consistent, so they don’t seem very real. Jack seemed rather remote for most of the book—-except the part when he came back ...more
Erin
Honestly, I thought the story was ok enough to read three of the books in the series but I'm not interested enough to continue. The main reason I have no desire to continue is that I seriously can't get past the horrible editing and grammatical errors in the series, but this book in particular. There were at least three times in this book that Hocking says one character drug another character along with them. Last I checked the correct word is dragged not drug when describing the act of pulling ...more
Bianca
Sep 18, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am happy to say that I really enjoyed the third book in the series My Blood Approves. Flutter has a lot more action and less all around depression. Alice is now a vampire, and she and Jack are a couple. Shortly after the book opens, Alice and Ezra go try to save Peter from a suicide mission. Peter returns home with them and the love triangle is still a big issue. Milo has a human love intrest, and I was glad that he finally got over Jack. Mae really got on my nerves in this one, but I can ...more
Diane
Apr 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, paranormal
With every book I finish in this series, I become more critical. Alice's constant back and forth between Jack and Peter makes me want to slap her. It's like the author wants to keep the love triangle going because it creates tension, but she doesn't really know what to do with it. What started out as interesting is becoming annoying. Alice's "best friend" is someone she doesn't even seem to like, and who doesn't seem to like her. Mae, the perfect mother figure, has completely changed her ...more
Carolina
Apr 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series

Definitely, i'm not a vampires lover.
Jassicca
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
I liked Flutter a lot compared to the first two books because there's a lot more going on in this book. New characters also had been introduced in the story which made it much more interesting, there's also a scene that involved a life a death situation, and last but not least, we got to see the different side of Mae in the story, which was not pretty. (I felt like slapping her, and talk sense to her since the main character couldn't do it). I also can't wait to find out more about Leif, the ex ...more
Haya
RATING: 1.5 OGRE FARTS

CONTAINS SPOILERS!

I seriously wonder why I bothered to read such crap. From all the books I have sitting on my bookhelf, from all the ebooks patiently waiting for me to open them, I had to choose a nonsensical ebook to pass my time. I'm already reading three other books, one of which is God knows where, the other I got bored from and will resume it hopefully soon, and the last which I read when I've had enough of this one.

So, in this book, little Miss Alice here goes
Nicole
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was actually my favourite book in the series. It was a lot faster-paced and had a lot more action in it than the previous 2, both of which I found a little slow. Even better, there is a lot less whining from Alice in this one. I mean, she's still a big puddle of misery and doesn't seem to have any real aspirations in life, but she has a big heart and she will do anything for the ones she love. And I mean anything. This is what I like about her.

I was also so relieved and happy that Alice
Betty Jo Pritchett
Jan 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Lucy Roy
Apr 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Christy
Flutter pretty much lives up to its name, considering I was pretty engrossed and invested in this book! There is a major development to the story line as new characters are introduced, offering even greater back story and character depth. There is such a smooth transition too. LOVED the portrayal of Peter. Like the last book, I had a difficult time setting it down. I am all too anxious to get my hands on the next book.

Flutter picks up where the last book left off. Jack turned Alice into a
Jessica
Dec 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
let me just start off with I LOVE PETER! and if Alice doesn't want him I'll gladly take him lol. Ok now that I got that out of the way I enjoyed this story, but honestly the people in this series need to learn that running away is not the answer Peter has run away now 2 times working on his third with Mea which is upsetting I really think Mea made the wrong choice and is going to suffer for it. Jack has run away once but he had to figure things out and came back after 3 days but he wants to move ...more
Jac
May 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Better than the last one but the main character still annoys me with her inherent oblivious-ness (I am aware that's not actually a word). Plus I much prefer Peter to Jack so I hated how much she swooned over the latter for 99.99% of the book (I liked the other .01%). Milo, Peter, and Ezra made this book worth the stars it got but Jack, Alice, and Mae should have lowered the stats even further. Only the first three character's possessed redeeming qualities throughout the book (at least for me). ...more
GW
May 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ah, dang it. I purposely read this to see who Alice who end up with in the end. But no, the series ends up going on... I thought that this was a trilogy in the first place, and I wanted to see where this love triangle ended up going. But who will Alice pick in the end? Honestly, I'm rooting for Peter. And, I mean, Jack's not bad. He's a bit whiny at times. This book got frustrating at some points. Like how Jack easily forgave and forgot... who would do that? Ah, that's just so nerve-wracking. ...more
NurseBeth
Mar 28, 2011 rated it did not like it
I'm in the middle of reading this... I guess. I started reading this series because:
1. I heard the author did really well self-publishing herself
2. It's a vampire story
So... I read the first ebook & was very disappointed. I bought the second ebook thinking maybe her writing ability had improved, but sadly it had not... I bought the THIRD ebook. Ok, wait a second, why?? did I buy the third one??? *sigh* Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.
Lindsay Miller
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved Book 3 in the My Blood Approves series and definitely looking forward to the next one! If you are a fan of Jack and Alice, then you will love this installment. There was action, suspense, romance, like the previous books in the series. Fans of My Blood Approves will definitely enjoy Flutter! It might be my favorite in the series so far, but I've still got 2 to go so we'll see : )
Lisa Kessler
Mar 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was another great installment of the series. I think I liked this one the best of the three so far. it had more action and danger than the other books...

And it made me hungry for book 4!!! :)
May 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really love Alice & Jack. Such a different type of relationship and love triangle going on in these books. Glad Peter saw the light "And when you look at Jack, it's because when he's around, why would you want to look at anything else? You love him the way you could never love me."
Diane
Jun 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
I had a few parts where I was bummed or frustrated, however, it all fits in with the plot and was't anything against the book at all.

For rating and review breakdown, please feel free to read my blog review of this book at:
Callie
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I like that the author chose to put our main female character, Alice, in a story line where it doesn't focus on her and Jack making eyes at each other the whole book. There is actually something happening. Interesting turn between Ezra and Mea. This one was less predictable.
Rachel
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
A solid 4 stars* Flutter was what I wanted the first 2 books to be! There is more action and drama. Alice isn't quite as annoying or helpless. The romance is finally starting to get somewhere. -Can't wait to start the next book :)

• Historias de diván: Ocho relatos de vida
  • El Gato Negro
  • The Master (Free Men, #3)
  • Where There's a Wolf, There's a Way (Monster High, #3)
  • Back and Deader Than Ever (Monster High, #4)
  • The Ghoul Next Door (Monster High, #2)
  • Lovesick (Ghostgirl, #3)
  • Annihilation (Anarchy, #4)
  • Revolution (Anarchy, #3)
  • Loyalty (Anarchy, #2)
  • Anarchy (Anarchy, #1)
  • 24 Keys Scales and Arpeggios for Violin - Book 1
  • Boy2Girl
  • Elvis and Me: The True Story of the Love Between Priscilla Presley and the King of Rock N' Roll
  • Metamorfosis
  • Homecoming (Ghostgirl, #2)
  • Lost (House of Night Other World, #2)
  • The Norse Explorer (Vikings of Highgard, #3)
Amanda Hocking is a lifelong Minnesotan obsessed with Batman and Jim Henson. In between watching cooking shows, taking care of her menagerie of pets, and drinking too much Red Bull Zero, she writes young adult urban fantasy and paranormal romance.

Several of her books have made the New York Times Bestsellers list, including the Trylle trilogy and Kanin Chronicles. Her zombie series, The Hollows,

My Blood Approves (5 books)
  • My Blood Approves (My Blood Approves, #1)
  • Fate (My Blood Approves, #2)
  • Wisdom (My Blood Approves, #4)
  • Swear (My Blood Approves, #5)
“In case you haven't noticed, I'm a lover not a fighter.” 55 likes
“Not to sound, you know, like a dick," Jack said carefully. "But you just dragged us out of bed to show us Jane's messy room? That's not really an emergency Mae."
"She's not here!" Mae shouted, gesturing to the mess around her. "That's the emergency."
"Again, not to be a dick, but that's not really an emergency." Jack said.”
36 likes