Start by marking “Recipe for Temptation (The Wolf Pack #2; St. James Sisters #2)” as Want to Read:
Recipe for Temptation (The Wolf Pack #2; St. James Sisters #2)

Recipe for Temptation (The Wolf Pack #2)

4.48  ·  Rating details ·  991 Ratings  ·  67 Reviews

A two-month sabbatical from her high-powered career is just what the doctor ordered...especially when Reese St. James eyes the hunk of her secret fantasies on the menu. From the moment she walks into Michael Wolf's world-famous restaurant, she's given the VIP treatment. And the sexy celebrity chef's mouth-watering kisses have her eating right out of his hand...and hungry f
Published June 1st 2010 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Recipe for Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Recipe for Temptation

Shawnette
May 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ladies...If you CAN'T stand the heat don't read Recipe for Temptation...the passion between Michael and Reese is SIZZLING...the pages were so HOT they singed my fingers...LOL...Reese is DEFINITELY a sexy spitfire...while Michael had it going on...the brother was cooking it up ALL over the place...and all I can say is where can I get the recipe for the Triple Chocolate Cheesecake...'cause I want a chocolate orgasm, too...and Papa Wolf was getting his swerve on too...a SPICY, FUN, & QUICK read ...more
Delaney Diamond
Nov 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: af-am-romance
Shonnie
Mar 25, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-book
Finally! I wasn't sure I'd I would make the ending. Let's just say this isn't a Touch of Heaven. For some reason I loved that book. Although this wasn't bad, it was just tough reading a boring book.
M.J. Friday
Michael Wolfe is a world famous celebrity chef and owner of one of the hottest restaurants in Atlanta. When Dr. Reese St James is on sabbatical from her job in Houston and ends up in Atlanta for the next two months, she can’t help but want to taste, the cuisine of her T.V. crush. Michael mistakenly thinks she is a food critic. Believing she mislead him, he makes plans to teach the sexy doctor a lesson. By the time he realizes his error, the damage is done. As fate would have it Reese wins a cont ...more
Cora
Feb 16, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really don't understand how this book is so well liked. Reese spends basically the entire book cheating on her boyfriend, who is sending her flowers and telling her he misses her the whole time! I get that they weren't right for each other, but she didn't have the decency to officially break up with him before jumping Michael's bones repeatedly?!

I'm sorry, but unexplainable disloyalty is one of my buttons and this book pressed HARD.
Kim
Funny, whitty, sexy, you can't get much better than that! The banter back and forth between Reese and Michael was so hilarious!! and they had so much chemistry and passion as well. I was reading this in public and laughing my pants off. Luv luv this book...stop reading this review and buy it NOW!!!
Angelia
May 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
LOVED IT....From the very beginning Resse and Michael had great chemstry...SIZZLING HOT to say the least...Great Story....Wishing it was a little longer finshed this in oneday....Couldn't put it down.....WOW...What a MAN, What a MAN....
Ese
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As the first book I am reading from this author I really like this book, it was fun and sweet, full of romance and just the right amount of ero and I would recommend it.
Ariana
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awww is all I can say. This book was so touching.
Darcia Scates
May 05, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I didn't like the book from page one. Sure doctor Reese loses a patient, I"m sure it has happened before. I guess death only happens frequently in the emergency room or with the geriatric patients, not with OB/GYN's. So I did not feel any empathy for the character's need to take a two month leave from her job just because one of her patients died. The patient had a serious condition that led to death, it was not a medical accident. Another thing I didn't like about this was the unbelievable and ...more
Avid Reader
The book was just okay and, if this book is any indication, it is time for the Wolf Pack series to end. There were no interesting characters, no plot, and the characters never developed beyond the superficial.

This couple met and fell in love in a week, he proposed in 4 weeks, and then there was a HEA ending. The only thing that looked like suspense in the book came from two very contrived misunderstanding; one was about Reese's identity in the beginning of the book, the other was Reese overheari
LillaLovesBooks
4 stars!!!

Recipe for Temptation exceeded my expectations immensely. I was apprehensive because I thought it was going to be super cheesy and predictable. So glad I gave it a chance because I was proven wrong! I loved this story, so let's just jump in shall we?

1. It showed African-Americans in a different/positive light. Unlike most "urban/black" books where the main characters are in some crime filled, oversexed, profane "hood" lifestyle. This time we get professionals (OBGYN and Chef/Author).

Emmarae Smithy
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s rare that I laugh out loud at a romance book, much less an erotic romance--and this is definitely erotic. The sparks fly from the first chapter. I can’t decide if Michael or Quentin, from Tempt me at Midnight, is my favorite Wolf Pack character. Michael is adorable from the beginning, even if he is a jerk. He doesn’t stay a jerk for long, even if they stay at odds for awhile.

From the first page Reese pulls at your sympathies because you can tell she’s really hurting over the patient she lo
Syd
Jan 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great book. Romance with a little bit of humor. Reese St James is an Ob-Gyn who has just lost a patient during child birth. She decides to go on a sabbatical from Houston to Atlanta to house sit for a friend. She meets the handsome Michael Wolf who is a TV celebrity with his own cooking show. He owns a successful restaurant in Atlanta and is the envy of many men and the dream of many woman. Reese decides to dine at his restaurant while she is in town and winds up inviting him to join her ...more
Anika
Reese has always had a little crush on her favorite celebrity chef, Michael Wolf. Michael, however, is distrusting of women as they seem to be attracted to him for very superficial reasons. In this installment of the "Wolfpack" and "Mayne Attraction" crossover series, Reese wins an apprenticeship with her fantasy man and her reality becomes better than any of her fantasies. Through a series of comical mishaps and misunderstandings, these two tumble into a sexy affair. This novel was a sensuous d ...more
Taz Will
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HOTTT!!!! This was really good I couldn't stop reading it to see just how much Michael and Reese butted heads. Reese was really done from the second she met him and her situation with Victor still was untold, I think. I didn't understand what there relationship was but it didn't seem like enough for her to act the way she did towards him. Seemed like he was a good guy that she put through the ringer for someone else. The ending with the parents was beyond interesting, I really wanted to see how ...more
Barb
Aug 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
RFT has to be one of the best books I've read this year. Reese and Michael were wonderful and the chemistry was sizzling between these two!! I think what made the book so hot was the build up and the constant sparks between these two. I loved how Reese told off Michael several times, and boy she didn't hold anything back. It was too funny. I think that was another reason why the chemistry was so electric. I really hated to see this book end. Where is my Michael? Gotta love that hottie! This is o ...more
Sherry Molock
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute

This is the story of Michael,,internationally renowned chef and big brother of Marcus, star of the first book of this series and Reese, a ob -gym doctor who takes a two month sabbatical after one of her patients dies.

Reese has had a crush on Reese for years. They get off to a bad start with lots of misunderstandings but the eventually go f on lust to like to love. I generally liked the book. It was a little too cutesy and contrived for me at times and Reese's indecisiveness drove me crazy,
Jacki Johnson-wright
Loved this books! Reese ST James and Michael Wolf it's love at first sight. At least for her she's been in lust with Michael Wolf from the fist time she saw Michael on T.V. On his nationally acclaimed cooking show "Howling Good". A chance meeting at his restaurant is just the start they need. Only problem is Reese has a boyfriend back home in Texas. Once Michael discovers he is in love he can't let her go. There's only one problem she doesn't feel loved. Excellent book I've read it twice and I'm ...more
Yasmin
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving the Wolf Pack

Well written! Definitely a page turner. Just as good as the first one! I honestly could not put it down. I was so obsessed with following g the love story of Michael and Reese. Smith has definitely become one of !y favorite authors. I love her versatility. This series is completely different from he'd Exposed series but just as interesting and passionate and exciting!
Raquell Barton
Nov 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After I read Taming The Wolf, I immediately began this second installment in the Wolf Pack series. Reese is an OBGYN on sabbatical after losing a patient and Michael Wolf is her favorite celebrity chef. A case of mistaken identity throw these two off course for just a bit, but after that, it's on. Reese and Michael are wonderful together and despite their short time together, fall in love and I enjoyed reading their love story. Can't wait for the next stories in this series, especially Q's.
Beverly
Jun 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Once again Ms. Smith has delivered a wonderful reading experience. This story has a very strong heroine and hero whose sexual chemisty will just come off the pages. But, the humor in this story will have you smiling to yourself. Despite knowing what the ending will be - the hero and heroine keep you guessing how will they get to their happy ending. A secondary romance in the book just adds more pleasure to the story.
Jade
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I fucking love this book! I made a mistake on reading this one before the first initial book but then I bought the first one right away and read that one in the spans of two days. These stories are so amazing and I love the fact that they are represented as strong successful black couples and people! Ughhh I respect the author so much for that! I cried at the end of both books and will forsure be buying the third! THIS IS A MUST READ!
Shandrie Daniel
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book!

this story is so good. I cried at the end omg Michael and Reese is one of the hottest couples. the chemistry between these two. I love when he came to pick her up and kissed her so good she forget she still had the phone to her ear. buy this book you will not be disappointed.

Connie
Loved it! Engaging characters kept the story interesting. Dr. Reese St. James ran from Houston to Atlanta, after she lost one of her patients in the operating room. She couldn't take the guilt. Reese never dreamed that her fantasy boyfriend, celebrity chef, Micheal Wolf, would be right there to catch her. Only one problem: Victor, the current boyfriend Reese left back home!
Crystal
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So this was my second time reading this book and I have to say it was definitely worth it. I love Michael and Reese's story. Their chemistry made everything flow so easily and although Reese was in a relationship, it never stood a chance up against what they were building from the moment they met. I am looking forward to the rest of the books in this series.
Danielle
Jun 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to say that I fully enjoyed this gem from the delicious front cover to the end. Michael and Reese's characters were so down to earth and real. Their chemistry was just that, the perfect formula. The family was an added bonus. And I love me some Quentin! (Wish there were more entries with him.)
Carla wynn
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Smokin hot in this kitchen. When Reese takes a sabbatical from her job, little does she know that not only will she meet her favorite chef, Michael Wolf. But her life will be thrown for a loop. Well written. Loved this story line, with a few surprised thrown in for good measure. I am officially a fan.
Megan
I loved Smith's voice, and I loved the interactions between Reese and Michael (and, also, I want to eat at Michael's restaurant omg), but I really didn't understand the purpose of including cheating in this book. It was clear Reese didn't love her boyfriend or thought of them having a partnership at all, and the conflict this instilled between her and Michael wasn't something I found compelling.
Carla
Jan 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maureen has never disappointed me and let me tell you that this is one hot story. Mr. Wolf was a hot as fire chef. I would not mind having him in my kitchen. That scene in the bedroom where he is standing in front of the window is a must!!!!!!!!!
I can't tell you much more. You must read this story.
  • Body Heat
  • Bachelor Untamed
  • Say My Name
  • Redemption's Kiss (Secrets and Lies, #4)
  • Hot Like Fire
pseudonym Naomi Chase

I have enjoyed writing for as long as I can remember. My earliest memory of knowing I had a “literary gift” was as a third grader, when I wrote and illustrated a story about a child who stumbled upon a bird’s nest and decided to nurture the orphaned chickadee until its mother returned. I can’t recall whether the story had a happy ending or not, but my teacher, Mrs. Bennett, w
More about Maureen Smith...

The Wolf Pack (9 books)
  • Taming the Wolf (The Wolf Pack #1)
  • Tempt Me at Midnight (The Wolf Pack #3)
  • Treacherous
  • Inferno (The Wolf Pack#5)
  • Seducing the Wolf (The Wolf Pack #6)
  • Merry Sexy Christmas (The Wolf Pack, #7)
  • Oh Baby: A Holiday Novella (Wolf Pack Book 9)
  • This I Promise You (The Wolf Pack #8)