Start by marking “Die Herren von Winterfell (Das Lied von Eis und Feuer, #1)” as Want to Read:
Die Herren von Winterfell (Das Lied von Eis und Feuer, #1)

Die Herren von Winterfell

(A Song of Ice and Fire #1A)

Eddard Stark, der Lord von Winterfell, lebt mit seiner Familie im kalten Norden des Königreichs Westeros, und er weiß, dass der nächste Winter Jahrzehnte dauern wird. Als der engste Vertraute des Königs und alten Freundes Robert Baraethon stirbt. Soll Eddard an dessen Stelle treten. Für die Zeit, die er am Königshof zubringen muss, überträgt Eddard die Herrschaft über ...more
Published December 14th 2010 by Blanvalet (first published August 6th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Die Herren von Winterfell, please sign up.
Andy Li 5th grade English?! GRR Martin's turn of phrase and diction is nowhere near accessible for an 11 year old child. You require an advanced level of…more5th grade English?! GRR Martin's turn of phrase and diction is nowhere near accessible for an 11 year old child. You require an advanced level of English to really understand everything. And plenty of patience. (less)
Marina Maybe because in the portuguese version each book comes in two volumes, with different names. This book corresponds to the first half of Game of…moreMaybe because in the portuguese version each book comes in two volumes, with different names. This book corresponds to the first half of Game of Thrones, the second half is called "A Muralha de Gelo" (The Ice Wall). But it's just my guess...(less)

Start your review of Die Herren von Winterfell (Das Lied von Eis und Feuer, #1)
Adriana Popescu
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW. Simple as that.
Constanze Zietz
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So after a long long time of resisting I finally caved and started the "Game of Thrones" series (books first - yes I admit I haven't watched the show either) - and if I had known what I have missed so far...this certainly was worth it! Great story with so many characters, places and twists - in the beginning it is hard to follow as there is so much Information. Once you get to know the different houses and characters and understand the connections and plots it turns into an awesome and addictive ...more
Diogo M.
Apr 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Freaking epic! Now I'm on board!
Anni
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-shelf
i should have done homework instead but i couldnt resist to read the last 50 pages and now its over and its not like a real end for a book, so im happy to have the second part here.
i loved it, really. i love dany so much and i love arya even more now. it was not as bad as i through to remember all the names and the relationships between the people and the houses. i think it was good that i started to watch the tv show some time ago. it made it easier to understand :)
i think it can be even more
Turtelina
Jan 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012, kindle
Couldnt get into it at all. :-/ Maybe more luck with the sequels?
⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess)
Apr 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
3,5 stars. I liked it, but I didn't love it. It's definitely an amazing world and I loved how every character had his or her own personality, which made it easy for me to picture them and pick my favourites. Still, I found it at times dragging. This is a book you have to be in the mood in for, and it was difficult for me to get into all the relationships. Also, I was disappointed with the ending. It was like the ending of a chapter, but there were so many intrigues and questions building up ...more
Anja
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shit. The books are sooo good. Now I have to read all of them. My tbr is going to murder me
The only things that are quite annoying were the fact that the German publisher decided to split every book into two books and to translate the names (Theon Graufreude... I can’t). But I am way to lazy to read them in English. Buuut then on the other hand I would only need to buy 5 books instead of ten. What should I do? Those are the questions keeping me awake at night
Sophie
Aug 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
I've tried, and I swear I did, over a hundred times to read this bullshit, but every single time I fail. This book comes together of a few bloodthirsty middle age people and an really sad attempt at magic, but in the end it's just that, a middle age book about people who murder each other. I'm not more interested in reading people die over literally nothing than I am in reading about the art of looking at trees.

But let's begin with something else, the writing:
I don't know why the author thought
Raquel
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have known the series for a while but it took me a long time to read the book because, for some reason, I thought I wouldn't like it. What the hell?! I finally picked it up and I LOVED it!

The writing style is really engaging and some characters hooked me up since the very beginning and the ones I wasn't so sure about, I ended up empathizing with as the book progressed. There's not a boring moment, a lot of things are happening and the fact that each chapter contains the perspective of a
Christian
Certainly entertaining and easy to read, but the main course of events has more to do with politics than anything else. The world they live in is interesting and got my imagination running, so I especially enjoyed the parts where they were travelling (which happens a lot, thankfully). The thing I don't really like is how we only follow people from noble families. The Lennister, the Starks... What made LotR great - and the comparison really is unavoidable! - is that they were hobbits who had ...more
Eyehavenofilter
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reading this has a slightly different sense than in English. There is more weight in the words, more foreboding. I'm not sure how to put it really. The two languages are similar yet so different. One being the root of the other. I think that is the major difference. Plus the translation of the original back into a language from which it's drawn has its own confusion.
It has its own character this way and I enjoyed it very much. It seemed more "old world" this way. More antiquated. It felt as if
Lisa
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally, I had the time to finish this giant and awesome book. the review is coming soon.
Catarina Sousa
Jun 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!! Can't wait to start reading the next book.
Carolina Loureiro
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm truly enthusiastic about the next books. As I was reading this volume I felt like I was watching the tv series.
Kaye Rose
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Massimo Carro
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a good book but I think too fast in some situation....
Thomas LorD
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was pretty bored by the first season of Game of Thrones, but this book really got me - even if the German version is only half a book... I think it helped quite a lot to have most of the faces in my head from the TV show, because there are so many characters with the most unusual names in this. It was super exiting, full of interesting and likeable characters, exiting plot and wonderful world building - I was never so disappointed to not have a sequel ready to be read.
Marina R Albuquerque
What a great book! Compared to the TV serie, the story here has some differences. To be honest I prefer the book although I truly love the TV serie. What I found more amazing about this book is that this story has so much characters, so many details, etc and it is so easy to follow the story with zero difficulties. It's an addictive book. Looking forward to buy and read the next books. It's definitely a solid 4 from me.
Christina Rothfusz
I've read the series a few times and the first 3 novels remain my favorite.

This time I tried the Audio Books and was pleasantly surprised at how many twists stood out while listing as opposed to reading.

Roy Dotrice does an amazing job narrating the story.

This is such an amazing series of books and I'm quite sure I'm one of the biggest fans in South Africa.
Helen
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really liked the writing style of George R. R. Martin and also that the book is written from different perspectives. It never got boring and I am looking forward to read the next book of the series.
Christina
Oct 09, 2019 rated it liked it
It took me over two years to finish reading this book. I attempted to read it many times, but stopped every time around page 80. Then I discovered the audiobook and that made me enjoy this story more.
3,2 Stars for now, but I think that I will reread it in the future.
Max Bauer
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I know I am a bit late, but this is a absolute pleasure to read.
A gripping story, interesting characters and a wonderfully exiting world. What else could you want?
Every single character is so well explained and developed I seriously don't know who I like the most.
Victoria
Good book. If you like watching Game of Thrones i think you would like this book series. The book it`s self is kinda heavy to read. But it is interesting because i recognise it a lot from the series. My top parts from the book is the Chapters about Daenerys <3 ...more
Brandon Fletcher
The portuguese version splits the original book into two volumes, which made the ending of this one really flat. Besides that, the story felt pointless at times. I had really high hopes to fall in love with this world, but I was let down.

Rate: 3,5 Stars.
A
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent story obviously. Weird choice of accents in this reading though.
Sennett
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, german-books
And on to the next one, because apparently I have no self-control.
Toni
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Listened to it on Audiobook. The way the names of the main chars were pronounced was really upsetting but the rest was really good. I loved that book
Katha
May 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked it but i don`t get the hype. ...more
Pomello
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally started!
It definitely pays back all the expectations so far.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Der Junge, der träumte (Strange the Dreamer, #1A)
  • O Medo do Homem Sábio - Parte 1 (A Crónica do Regicida, Livro 2 - Parte 1)
  • O Medo do Homem Sábio - Parte 2 (A Crónica do Regicida, Livro 2 - Parte 2)
  • Der Insasse
  • Schwarz Der Dunkle Turm, Band 1
  • Die Krone der Dunkelheit (Die Krone der Dunkelheit, #1)
  • Der Augenjäger (Der Augensammler, #2)
  • Tagebuch aus der Hölle
  • DOORS ! - Blutfeld
  • Liebes Kind
  • Das Geschenk
  • DOORS X - Dämmerung
  • Passagier 23
  • Alles. Nichts. Und ganz viel dazwischen.
  • Burning Bridges (Fletcher University #1)
  • Flugangst 7A
  • Todesmal (Maarten S. Sneijder, #5)
George R.R. Martin was born September 20, 1948, in Bayonne, New Jersey. His father was Raymond Collins Martin, a longshoreman, and his mother was Margaret Brady Martin. He has two sisters, Darleen Martin Lapinski and Janet Martin Patten.

A Song of Ice and Fire (1 - 10 of 32 books)
  • A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)
  • A Clash of Kings  (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2)
  • A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3)
  • A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
  • A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)
  • The Winds of Winter (A Song of Ice and Fire, #6)
  • A Dream of Spring (A Song of Ice and Fire, #7)
  • 冰與火之歌第四部 - 群鴉盛宴(上)
  • 魔幻冰原 (冰與火之歌首部曲, #1)
  • 絕地接觸 (冰與火之歌首部曲, #3)
“– ¿Un hombre puede ser valiente cuando tiene miedo? - oyó que preguntaba su voz, tenue y lejana.
– El el único momento en que puede ser valiente, Bran - le respondió la voz de su padre.”
12 likes